• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Chapter 5 spoiler
they are a robot, still alive in the lifehold

they are not robots they are cyborgs, they carry the memes of their humans with them and their bodies are made to replicate the physiology of humans along with things that are not corporeal like independent thoughts, emotions and belief systems.

TheFatMan

Good lord this game!

I was just running around Noctilum looking for some collectibles and I literally had to stop and just stare at the scenery around me for five minutes.

I don't think I've ever played a game as breathtaking as this one can be.

TDLink

I have a chapter 9 question if anyone can help...
Where Is Nagi once you accept chapter 9? I already did his recruitment quest and was using him before but I took him out to do someone's affinity quest before starting the story mission. Now I want to use him again, but he doesn't appear to be in his normal spot at any time of day...so where Is he? Or am I for some reason not allowed to use him?

Ozium

Where Is Nagi once you accept chapter 9? I already did his recruitment quest and was using him before but I took him out to do someone's affinity quest before starting the story mission. Now I want to use him again, but he doesn't appear to be in his normal spot at any time of day...so where Is he? Or am I for some reason not allowed to use him?

maybe he has a heart to heart at that time, that's usually why a character isn't in their spot

I think he's restricted for that mission? I haven't accepted that mission yet but I think I remember seeing that he was.

Kyzon

I can now fly. It's amazing. I've found my first lvl 99 enemy. 61 percent in and level 52. I'm still finding new stuff that amazes me.

Oh man, that fucking flying enemy above Noctilum most northern part... scary as hell. This game... after 52h I get to fly and makes it feel like a brand new game again. So good.

Finished chapter 4 they're laying this twist on pretty thick. *speculation*
Early in the game Elma called Earth your planet, and had the life core been destroyed "we wouldn't be here" is stated during chapter 4 so all the people in new la are some kinda copy of the original humans meant to keep things going while the real bodies stay in stasis or something.

Is there more than one? Only seen a single prominent one that most people might even know (well maybe they don't really know, yet :D).

There's the one tyrant of course, apparently searching through the spreadsheet there's also one other regular enemy that spans from the 50s all the way up to 99 (lol).

What's this? I want free stuff.

When the game lets you pick your division pick prospector, they've won every division bonus thing since launch since their bonus is the easiest to obtain (mining which is done automatically). Go into your barracks whenever the gamepad says division rewards available and go to the terminal in the back. You can pick a reward depending upon how well your division is doing including an item that is a free repair to skells.

Is it alright to except an affinity mission for Oblivia if I'm only level 18 and everyone is below me?

I know the required level is like 14 but I know I can't quit these.

I think it involves a DLC party member.

Ferrio

Banned
When the game lets you pick your division pick prospector, they've won every division bonus thing since launch since their bonus is the easiest to obtain (mining which is done automatically). Go into your barracks whenever the gamepad says division rewards available and go to the terminal in the back. You can pick a reward depending upon how well your division is doing including an item that is a free repair to skells.

Oh I didn't realize the winner gets extra stuff. That's crap :|

Anything worthwhile? I like the curators.

zroid

Banned
I just picked Prospector by chance since it sounded more in line with my preferences.

Guess I got lucky. Yay salvage tickets~

Oh I didn't realize the winner gets extra stuff. That's crap :|

Anything worthwhile? I like the curators.

Every division can get something even the ones that do the worst such as items that you can sell for a lot of gold or the rare healing items. The best prize is the salvage ticket which repairs a damaged skell for free and only the winning division gets to pick it as its prize, and since prospectors have been first since launch you can get multiple salvage tickets easily.

killroy87

Every division can get something even the ones that do the worst such as items that you can sell for a lot of gold or the rare healing items. The best prize is the salvage ticket which repairs a damaged skell for free and only the winning division gets to pick it as its prize, and since prospectors have been first since launch you can get multiple salvage tickets easily.

Whaaaaaat. I picked The first one, the probing one. How do I change??

She was always 13.

Also I don't mind her. I don't understand the Lin hate. She isn't Tasu.

What? This never happened anywhere lol

It was a mis report

Ah, it was indeed a false rumour then. Came together with some earlier 'censor' news.

Also I entered Noctilum and oh my god... It's so beautiful.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01l6ujj.jpg

Chaos17

Is it alright to except an affinity mission for Oblivia if I'm only level 18 and everyone is below me?

I know the required level is like 14 but I know I can't quit these.

I think it involves a DLC party member.

If you're talking about Phog quest, yes, it's doable but you will have to sneak a lot.
I would recommend to his quest at lvl 20+ instead so most of the time you won't have to sneak and you will be able to explore a bit.
I just did it yesterday.

tumblr_nz3w4au7591s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

Agggh I hate when a non-fetch quest mission becomes a fetch quest mission

Guy: GO RESCUE MY MEN
Me: ALRIGHT WOO FUCK YEAH *kills giant monsters*
Other guy: Oh thank god, we're saved!...as soon as we get these three extremely rare items from very far away.
Me: .....*switches quest*

aravuus

Other guy: Oh thank god, we're saved!...as soon as we get these three extremely rare items from very far away.

Hah yeah, some of them are pretty far-fetched

Thankfully I usually have the items already on hand

Ozium

yeah I started as a reclaimer becaues I liked the concept but we were always ranked 5th and like fuck that.. I looked at the rankings and there was very very little variation in the ranks from day to day..

changed to prospector

:/

Renewed

That reminds me of the helicopter in Noctilum quest where you have to find a Spherical EM motor. I didn't come back to that quest for 30 or so hours because I went searching, forgot about the quest, found it and looked through my quest log to see what could be completed.

These days I happen to have the items on hand about 95% of the time since I do exploration of everything possible first. For basic quests, I pick ones that I have all the items and reap the rewards. For normal quests (so far just Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia), I've explored so much that I can go right over to the necessary place and spend 2 minutes. I also just don't fill in Collectopedia until I have multiples (ie. recent normal quest where I only had one Kepha Folly to save someone's life).

32 hours in and finally at Chapter 6!
Damn, this game is so amazing. I even love the affinity quests and that you have to do some before progressing in the main story. Thought I would hate that kind of system of locking the story behind some quests but...I don't. My GOTY so far.

Shun

Physical owners, does your Wii U disc drive get loud during the game while loading up textures and data packs?

I have all 3 installed I'm just curious if anyone else Wii U is loud. It is more so than Splatoon and Bayonetta.

Shun

32 hours in and finally at Chapter 6!
Damn, this game is so amazing. I even love the affinity quests and that you have to do some before progressing in the main story. Thought I would hate that kind of system of locking the story behind some quests but...I don't. My GOTY so far.

The story is pretty good. To me I enjoy the side stories and world building more than the main plot in most games. This just has everything from murder mysteries to zombie breakout to love dramas and more. Very much variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom