• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

so i have plenty of weapons to make (level 20, 40 and 60) but no armour to make?? only level 1 armours??

how do you get armour and skell schematics?

LV60 Skells (and their dev plans) are unlocked after beating the story.

I never payed attention to what is unlocked but did you get more manufacturers/upgrade them? I remember that some their images had some neat looking armors.

Lexxism

lol. This is what I get for not browsing the emanual of this game. I didn't know there's an auto-run which I can use for easy money. No need for strings to keep the left analog up :p

Also, how long do you get the revenue and miranium from FN sites? 15 minutes? 24? 30?

Sadist

lol. This is what I get for not browsing the emanual of this game. I didn't know there's an auto-run which I can use for easy money. No need for strings to keep the left analog up :p

Also, how long do you get the revenue and miranium from FN sites? 15 minutes? 24? 30?
An hour I believe.

A question btw about the mission "Yardley's Scheme": where do I find a california sunset in Primordia?

Lmao these Skell exams are the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Hey we need you to
kill a bunch low level shit despite the fact that you've already done all this a hundred times over.
Somehow THIS is what proves you're ready to be a Skell pilot!

beagflea squashes are the one true test. the other 7 quests are just red herrings.

MouldyK

Got Kitty Ears...meaning that Display Headgear had to be Turned On and the rest of the girls had to have Sunglasses instead of big hulking Helmets:

eOqr5sV.jpg

aravuus

Man, come on. I just want to continue the main story, why do I gotta grind affinity with Gwin? And I don't even know where the second affinity mission I gotta do is

Fucking locks

LOL, the second heart-to-heart with Elma is hilarious if you choose the last option on one of the questions.
Choose Elma as the pet.

Man, come on. I just want to continue the main story, why do I gotta grind affinity with Gwin? And I don't even know where the second affinity mission I gotta do is

Fucking locks

Which story mission requires that? :(

Neoweee

So, somebody said that your AI friends have 100% success rate to not have their Skells get destroyed for repairs.

Uh, mine have 0%, and it is kind of game-ruining. Even with just one companion being dumb. If I had a full squad of mechs, it would be over an hour of revenue lost per wipe.

What am I missing? The manual says repair should be free, but, nope. WTF?

aravuus

LOL, the second heart-to-heart with Elma is hilarious if you choose the last option on one of the questions.
Choose Elma as the pet.

Which story mission requires that? :(

Chapter 11. One of the affinity missions you need to do before requires 1 heart with Gwin.

desu

jumping out of your skell after the fight and choosing "Return to skell" from the menu instantly respawns the enemy so you can fight it again

Wish I had gotten that idea when I was still grinding stuff, would have made a few things a lot easier.

Fucking locks

Yep, that part totally annoyed me as well. Do some missions from the Mission Board, sadly took me like 1h to fill up that first heart, super annoying.

Also I just unocked my first LV60 super weapon blueprint, damn those stats :O

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017myu9.jpg

Qurupeke

So, somebody said that your AI friends have 100% success rate to not have their Skells get destroyed for repairs.

Uh, mine have 0%, and it is kind of game-ruining. Even with just one companion being dumb. If I had a full squad of mechs, it would be over an hour of revenue lost per wipe.

What am I missing?

Have you given them a Skell without insurance?

Dad

Where do I go to insure my skell? I'm too scared to take it out before I insure it. I know some bullshit surprise mob is just waiting to smash up my ride

aravuus

Yep, that part totally annoyed me as well. Do some missions from the Mission Board, sadly took me like 1h to fill up that first heart, super annoying.

I've been doing so many generic missions that it almost feels like the mission board is giving me less and less to do. Can't close, re-open to get new gathering quests, for example.

Goddamn it, this is gonna take me a while at this rate. Fuck you Gwin, why don't you see how lovable I am?!

Neoweee

Have you given them a Skell without insurance?

Yes, the insurance ran out. That should be irrelevant, though, according to the manual (and logic, I guess?) Insurance only pays to replace when it would otherwise be wrecked.

So I guess it is a bug? Not having insurance takes priority over it not being wrecked in the first place?

desu

Oh? Maybe I just don't understand how the insurance works then

Well whenever you loose your Skell in a fight a mini game will popup. If you get a perfect you just have to get back to the barracks to get your Skell back, no insurrence will be used up, otherwise you will loose one. Apparently if you loose all the insurances you'll have to pay quite a bit for repairs.

Zomba13

Well whenever you loose your Skell in a fight a mini game will popup. If you get a perfect you just have to get back to the barracks to get your Skell back, no insurrence will be used up, otherwise you will loose one. Apparently if you loose all the insurances you'll have to pay quite a bit for repairs.

This confuses me because the party members who use a Skell should (so I've been told) get a perfect every time so no insurance is used but when I get to the terminal it tells me that insurance has been used to recover the skell (or something like that).

Dad

Huh, that's an... interesting system. Thanks for the info though!

Neoweee

There's a fundamental bug in how repairs and insurance work for your teammates.

alvis.exe

Feel like now's a good time for me to start messing with augments.

In XC, when you opened up the gem equip menu, you could see which gems were currently equipped to your character, which gems were currently equipped to other characters, and which gems were currently equipped to armor not in use. Is there anything like that here or am I going to have to be very careful about unequipping augments off gear I want to swap out?

Azuran

Banned
Welp, I think I broke the difficulty of the game with Duelist. Iron Knuckle + Conflagrant Edge + Offensive Stance + Magnum Edge+ Burning Blade + Incendiary Blade does insane damage on everything that doesn't resist thermal damage.

And the best part is that you never have to worry about TP since Yamato Spirit + Rising Blade takes care of that quickly when you're under Offensive Stance.

There's no way to check if you have any insurance left, though.

And there's a fundamental bug in how repairs and insurance work for your teammates.

The stat box for your skell clearly says how many Insurances you have left on that skell.
And AI teammates' skells blowing up doesn't consume any insurance. They effectively perfect the QTE each time

Dineren

Banned

And there's a fundamental bug in how repairs and insurance work for your teammates.

You can see the amount of insurance is left when looking at the stats of your skell on barracks hangar terminal.

This confuses me because the party members who use a Skell should (so I've been told) get a perfect every time so no insurance is used but when I get to the terminal it tells me that insurance has been used to recover the skell (or something like that).

I think it always says that regardless if you succeed on the QTE or not. When I first had my skell destroyed it said it used insurance, but it didn't actually take any away.

You can check how much insurance you have at the blade barracks hangar among the other skell stats.
Are you sure it's the full salvage of a skell that you're paying for? I'd be very surprised if an hour of revenue would be able to pay for the salvage of a full squad, I'd think it would take much longer (millions of funds).

Neoweee

The stat box for your skell clearly says how many Insurances you have left on that skell.
And AI teammates' skells blowing up doesn't consume any insurance. They effectively perfect the QTE each time

Ah, tiny font, was too far away. Whoops.

The bug seems to be that if they don't have any insurance left, they will fail the QTE 100% of the time instead, essentially. The bug only matters if you use up the insurance with your main character, and then swap that Skell to a teammate.

It comes down to not being able to give your teammates second-hand Skells.

desu

Are they using a Skell with 0 insurances? My team mates have been wrecking their Skells way too often and all of my Skells that are used by AIs still have their full insurances.

How's the Sniper class?

Once you get the Afterburner art and level it a bit, the damage is insane (although I haven't played other classes yet). I always giggle when I take out like 30-50% of a Tyrant's HP with a single attack. Javelin is pretty boring as a melee weapon though IMO.

aravuus

Ah, tiny font, was too far away. Whoops.

The bug seems to be that if they don't have any insurance left, they will fail the QTE 100% of the time instead, essentially. The bug only matters if you use up the insurance with your main character, and then swap that Skell to a teammate.

It comes down to not being able to give your teammates second-hand Skells.

Doesn't sound like a bug to me

If they don't have any insurance left, why wouldn't you pay for the repairs? If you perfect the prompt, it essentially uses an insurance and gives you a new one. If there's no insurance left, it can't use it.

Qurupeke

You can check how much insurance you have at the blade barracks hangar among the other skell stats.
Are you sure it's the full salvage of a skell that you're paying for? I'd be very surprised if an hour of revenue would be able to pay for the salvage of a full squad, I'd think it would take much longer (millions of funds).

I swear, I learn something new every time with this game... I hadn't notice that at all.

Neoweee

Doesn't sound like a bug to me

If they don't have any insurance left, why wouldn't you pay for the repairs? If you perfect the prompt, it essentially uses an insurance and gives you a new one. If there's no insurance left, it can't use it.

Why is that that order, and not the other? If it gave you the extra insurance first, and then consumed it, it would function correctly 100% of the time. This is an issue that literally only matters in the pocket circumstance of using up the insurance with your main character and then giving it to a teammate, and directly contradicts the Manual that says it will always be repaired for free for your teammates.

Come on guys, it's a bug. It's a bug that is easily and trivially avoidable if you know what it is, but it is a bug.

Ozium

got my flight module last night and legit teared up a little when I flew out of NLA and looked around at primordia and the scale of it all and flying up to that big rock formation with that music blastin'

cot dam

most epic shit in games ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom