• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Why is that that order, and not the other? If it gave you the extra insurance first, and then consumed it, it would function correctly 100% of the time. This is an issue that literally only matters in the pocket circumstance of using up the insurance with your main character and then giving it to a teammate, and directly contradicts the Manual that says it will always be repaired for free for your teammates.

Come on guys, it's a bug.

I actually think it makes more sense the way it is. Perfecting the prompt means using an insurance for free, not repairing the skell. If there's no insurance left, it can't use it and thus you have to pay.

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's not. Who gives a fuck.

desu

I have only found 1

Well you can only find it in a certain area, according to the guide its here:
screenshot-06_02_2015mas1m.jpg

Its almost the rarest thing to find in that region, normal things in that region are Reflection Shield Mirror, Tractor Beetle, White Iron Sand and others.

zroid

Banned
is there a guide anywhere for what the hell the enemy symbols in the Squad Task things mean? i honestly have no idea

Ozium

is there a guide anywhere for what the hell the enemy symbols in the Squad Task things mean? i honestly have no idea

hold R button and press L button to cycle through, it will say what you need to kill (either a specific tyrant, specific species, or just a general order like any insectoids or any theroids, etc.)

and the monster index is invaluable!

desu

I actually think it makes more sense the way it is. Perfecting the prompt means using an insurance for free, not repairing the skell. If there's no insurance left, it can't use it and thus you have to pay.

You cannot use something you don't have, if there is no insurance you won't get a prompt so you are totally correct.

I guess the manual is not clear enough (or rather didn't consider this case I guess).

Neoweee

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's not. Who gives a fuck.

Don't just dismiss a bug by rationalizing it away. It directly contradicts the manual.

You cannot use something you don't have, if there is no insurance you won't get a prompt so you are totally correct.

I guess the manual is not clear enough (or rather didn't consider this case I guess).

Come on.

It's not just a single mistranslated line in the manual. The entire section words it as being repaired/towed for free, without using insurance.

daycru

What's up with the letter S that appears over some enemies' heads on the battle field?

I've dumped FORTY HOURS into this goddamn video game, completely insane.

zroid

Banned
hold R button and press L button to cycle through, it will say what you need to kill (either a specific tyrant, specific species, or just a general order like any insectoids or any theroids, etc.)

and the monster index is invaluable!

gotcha

also yeah I should check out the Monster Index haha. That and the Collectopedia are things I just haven't delved into yet. And yes I know about the bonuses.

desu

What's up with the letter S that appears over some enemies' heads on the battle field?

I've dumped FORTY HOURS into this goddamn video game, completely insane.

Squad missions or whatever they called. You receive tickets when you kill them that can be used at the reward store in the Blade Barracks.

aravuus

Don't just dismiss a bug by rationalizing it away. It directly contradicts the manual.

Why are you taking the manual as some sort of holy text? Game manuals have been wrong before, it's bound to happen with a game as complex as XBX.

More likely it's just such a rare situation that they didn't think of mentioning it in the manual.

Neoweee

So maybe, just maybe ... the manual is wrong!?

But it makes no sense for it to check against your insurance in the first place! You're getting it for free, but only if you would have gotten it for free anyways?

This literally only happens in one case that many players won't see. All signs point to this being a bug. I will take a trivial step to never see it again.

aravuus

But it makes no sense for it to check against your insurance in the first place! You're getting it for free, but only if you would have gotten it for free anyways?

This literally only happens in one case that many players won't see. All signs point to this being a bug.

You wouldn't get it for free if you fucked up the prompt though, you'd use an insurance. Which is also a resource, just a different one from actual in-game money. You'd pay the repairs in insurance, not money. Not free. Come on.

I mean, I'm sure we'll find a lot more slightly unclear parts in the manual if we really want to look for them. Like hey, it says under arts that you get new ones when your level goes up, while in fact you get them when your CLASS level goes up! Shit like that

WarAdept

For some reason I find playing as Irina relaxing.

Chill at the back with an assault rifle, heal when needed and do big numbers during Soul Voice/secondary cooldown/topple. Granted, after she bursts, she's about as effective as....well, Sharla.

...She's totally this game's Sharla isn't she.

ivysaur12

Banned
For some reason I find playing as Irina relaxing.

Chill at the back with an assault rifle, heal when needed and do big numbers during Soul Voice/secondary cooldown/topple. Granted, after she bursts, she's about as effective as....well, Sharla.

...She's totally this game's Sharla isn't she.

100%

Mat-triX

Guys, I have a problem...the NLA music is stuck in my head. I spent so much time exploring NLA that the music would play constan-WOOOO( YA! )OOOWHOOO( YA! ) OOOOO( YA! )OOOOO( YA! )OOOOO( YA! ) ....1...2...3...4...I CAN'T HEAR YOU...I CAN'T SEE YOU...

MouldyK

Thanks, your Elma is serving a bit of Beyonce. Really cool and really interesting.

Yeah, I thought she needed something which didn't upstage my Girl too much, but still looked nice.

Still trying to find Lin a better outfit though.

I have realised making my characters look nice makes me like them more. Like I know Irina is crap on my team...but her in that sweater is too good to pass up!

Xenoblade Clothe-icles X.

Guys, I have a problem...the NLA music is stuck in my head. I spent so much time exploring NLA that the music would play constan-WOOOO( YA! )OOOWHOOO( YA! ) OOOOO( YA! )OOOOO( YA! )OOOOO( YA! ) ....1...2...3...4...I CAN'T HEAR YOU...I CAN'T SEE YOU...

Oh my god, when that singer belts out the high-noted OOOOOOOOOOOOO, I fall in love!

Then comes the Ba-Ba-Ba part and damn...

...maybe I spent too long in there.

Is there any point to levelling characters apart from Elma and Lin? I'm guessing you use them most of the time on story missions? Should I bother worrying about other characters? Also is it best to take out Elma and Lin for the optional side quests since they'll get levelled during the story quests anyway? Am I wasting affinity points on characters I won't need by doing that?

Neoweee

Is there any point to levelling characters apart from Elma and Lin? I'm guessing you use them most of the time on story missions? Should I bother worrying about other characters? Also is it best to take out Elma and Lin for the optional side quests since they'll get levelled during the story quests anyway? Am I wasting affinity points on characters I won't need by doing that?

I think you should balance the two. Its' kind of poor design, as unless you're using characters regularly you'll never have enough Affinity to do their later quests.

Note that Basic Mission turn-ins and Normal Mission dialogue choices are where you get tons of Affinity. So swapping to a new team when you know you'll be taking an extended break before the next Story Missions makes some sense, if you will eventually want to do Affinity Missions.

Iryx

Can you really rearrange the arts for your Skells, or are you stuck with the default order? Using a double slot back weapon leaves an empty slot in the worst possible spot.

I think you should balance the two. Its' kind of poor design, as unless you're using characters regularly you'll never have enough Affinity to do their later quests.

Note that Basic Mission turn-ins and Normal Mission dialogue choices are where you get tons of Affinity. So swapping to a new team when you know you'll be taking an extended break before the next Story Missions makes some sense, if you will eventually want to do Affinity Missions.

How do I know what characters will get affinity based on dialogue choices? Also what is the incentive to do affinity quests?

desu

The only recommedation I would have is that you make sure to have Gwin at some point in your party to make sure you have him on one heart affinity before the last chapters. You will need him for chapter 11 and it's really annoying to have to grind out affinity when you just want to complete the story.

Otherwise just take whoever you like, after the story you can easily boost affinity with support missions and once you have a couple of level 60 characters its also easy to level up everyone (high level enemies will easily give 9999exp to low level characters).

Also what is the incentive to do affinity quests?

Well you find out more about the characters, additionally you might get extra probes, Skell weapon blueprints and other things.

It's a side quest for a no name unimportant character

Well, I don't mean to be a bastard about it. Maybe just

"Side quest dealing with unexpected subject matter
overdosing on ePizza
blew me away! THIS FUCKING GAME!"

would be a better way to go about it.

Had me worried for a second. Still would have liked to experience that myself because it's definitely unexpected.

Ferrio

Banned
So I'm confused about affinity quests.

I see them on the minimap, but also hear people saying you can't see them unless people aren't in your party? Are these two seperate kinds of quests?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well, I don't mean to be a bastard about it. Maybe just

"Side quest dealing with unexpected subject matter
overdosing on ePizza
blew me away! THIS FUCKING GAME!"

would be a better way to go about it.

Had me worried for a second. Still would have liked to experience that myself because it's definitely unexpected.
I understand it was my fault but it took me by surprised...
I tagged it anyways. Sorry

Gurrry

been studying and doing finals all day - cant wait to take this last test and get to work on shit that actually matters like getting a fucking skell and fucking shit up!

Apologies if it's been answered already but what is the purpose of affinity quests? Are they there to flesh out the story? Do you need to finish them all to complete the game? If so how does that make them different from the main story quests?

Apologies if it's been answered already but what is the purpose of affinity quests? Are they there to flesh out the story? Do you need to finish them all to complete the game? If so how does that make them different from the main story quests?

Some, but not all affinity quests are required to progress the story. Most are optional. They do flesh out the world and characters though, and they're definitely worth doing (both because you can learn new arts from them and because they can be pretty good quests on their own).

Some, but not all affinity quests are required to progress the story. Most are optional. They do flesh out the world and characters though, and they're definitely worth doing (both because you can learn new arts from them and because they can be pretty good quests on their own).

Ah so they're like premium reward quests. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom