• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvis.exe

I don't think they even exist.

Stuff being posted on GameFAQs/Reddit imply otherwise... It looks like they're simply not tracked by the segment map so that the completion percentage isn't affected though.

...Unless there's some elaborate lie being perpetuated lol.

Edit: Yup. They're on the Google doc. Guess I'll just have to hope they get put up on YouTube at some point.

I completed the affinity quest. Lao said tea would make up for putting me through that quest.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

It didn't. Got a new saber art. I'll test it later.

While swimming? Even if it does work there, the result is the same. There was no fast way back.
It does work, but it would have prevented the need for the rubber band, at least.

Is there any way to look up the exact effects of a weapon's augments? I know you can see them in the upgrade screen, but I'm hoping for something a bit more... convenient. And all-encompassing.
So, uh, isn't this part of the lifehold that I stumbled upon in Primorida?
9B4Lpql.jpg

I did the same thing.

It's probably nothing. Don't worry about it.

So you can't shoot while on the Blast Fencer class? Huh.

Well, you technically can, just don't expect to do much damage with your ranged weapon.

Blast Fencer / Galactic Knight is based heavily around melee combos. You learn a bunch of Arts that get significant buffs to damage when used as part of a combo, and you learn Skills that further enhance your combo damage and cool down.

Basically they're a super high burst damage class with a surprising amount of healing and utility.

Stuff being posted on GameFAQs/Reddit imply otherwise... It looks like they're simply not tracked by the segment map so that the completion percentage isn't affected though.

...Unless there's some elaborate lie being perpetuated lol.

Edit: Yup. They're on the Google doc. Guess I'll just have to hope they get put up on YouTube at some point.

Those affinity quests are either required for the story or more focused on
Doug and don't require anything from Lao.

alvis.exe

Those affinity quests are either required for the story or more focused on
Doug and don't require anything from Lao.

I'm talking about the heart-to-heart convos, not the affinity quests.

Which is kinda annoying for me because I like Lao even knowing spoiler-y stuff and it would have been nice to get to see a bit more character development for him.

Lol wow. On chapter 3:

Those aliens look and sound so stupid. Just ridiculous. I burst out laughing.

If you press the home button you can choose the browser and go to an image sharing site like imgur to upload it there.

Ah nice! I didnt know that worked. I just found out about Miiverse screenshot library thing.

Anyone know where to find Hexagauges? I think I stumbled onto one in Noctilum, but I am not sure if a Prone dropped that or if I picked that up as a random collectible.

Kjellson

Guys I have a stupid question about something that bothering me. This is about a side quest I did after chapter 9, so if you care about spoilers don't highlight.

So I did a side quest in which you rescue some Cave Dweller Prones in a cave in Prinordia, and invite them to NLA. You know every time you rescue new aliens to NLA you can see them prancing around in the city and giving quests and stuff. I can't find any Cave Dwellers, only the blue Tree Dwellers, and I'm kind of wondering where the hell the beige ones they are, lol. Anyone know where they hang out? The city doesn't feel complete without them!

The Tree Dwellers in the Ma-non ship mention that CD has moved to the city but I don't know where!

Edit: I'm kind of wondering if I chose a wrong answer when talking to them. I remember choosing "take them as captives" or something and didn't look at the other alternative.

Vena

Uhh.

Does the Nopon AM not actually sell anything, I've upgraded them to Lvl5 and all they did was promise me upgrades? I have to ask because it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing were a con given what those little thieves do on a regular basis.

Uhh.

Does the Nopon AM not actually sell anything, I've upgraded them to Lvl5 and all they did was promise me upgrades? I have to ask because it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing were a con given what those little thieves do on a regular basis.

It upgrades the quality of the items. So now your thermal weapons are yellow instead of blue quality.

One simple detail I'm really loving about the game: zero invisible barriers! I was pleasantly surprised when I was allowed to leap from the top floor of NLA onto some scaffolding and carefully make my way to the Residential District.

This game is *so awesome*.

Uhh.

There's a Nopon AM? How do you unlock it?

You know, occasionally a word or two of the lyrics that are supposedly in the songs...don't seem to actually be there.

(oh yeah about time for it anyway, anyone wanna post numbers for Volkampf or whatever his name is)

One simple detail I'm really loving about the game: zero invisible barriers! I was pleasantly surprised when I was allowed to leap from the top floor of NLA onto some scaffolding and carefully make my way to the Residential District.

Agreed.

On foot, it's possible to scale a lot of things that... really shouldn't be scalable. Cheating physics to climb up a huge mountain or to traverse other obstacles are great feelings, indeed. And the best part is, every segment has things to uncover or look forward to--it gives the environment this great feeling of exploration.

Golnei

With the Exsanguinated Front in Noctilum; do you need a Skell with a flight module to reach it? I climbed close to it from Primordia, but I can't get up the last rise on foot. Requiring that for such an early mission and allowing you to get so close before gating you off doesn't seem right, is there something I'm overlooking?

There are invisible walls at the borders of the game world, but I agree that the way they've avoided using them in the main areas is impressive.

~45 hours into the game now. Still at chapter 6 lol. At least I'm generating like ~130k money per tick now.

Got my first Skell and proceeded to do a short grind to 30 so I can get the rest of my posse their own. Named them all from mecha anime stuff lol.

With my new mech I proceeded to try and see if I can climb up that giant ring without flying. And lo and behold I managed to do it. Knocked out two sightseeing stuff on my up there. It became more of a jumping puzzle and it was really fun.

130k a tick? Holy shit.

Where did you place your research probes? I'm guessing you lined a bunch of them together somewhere?

Aaroy Plain, Oblivia:

tumblr_nza8a1r6KB1up93fko1_1280.jpg

This girl kind of looks like Samus. Her skell got wrecked in the desert and she can't ask for help from her team because...

tumblr_nza95xKTbl1up93fko1_1280.jpg

There is no team. She says she likes to work alone.

Metroid nod?

TDLink

So is it just me or is there stuff in this game to intentionally indicate that X is in fact a sequel to the original game?

Xenoblade 1 Spoiler
And that Mira may be the new world Shulk creates at the end of the game?

My findings mostly have to do with the Nopon:

The Heropon is now someone who slew a god (which happened in Xenoblade), the "legendary weapon" is the Monado, and "legendary Frontier Village" is directly mentioned in Chapter 10 by Tatsu. It all seems like way too much of a coincidence. A lot of the "archaeological" treasures seem like they could be Mechon also. Obviously some time has passed...a lot of time...but am I crazy for thinking that Mira is the world seen at the end of Xenoblade?

Note: I'm only through chapter 10 in the story, but I'm sure there is more.

Vena

Might as well do it anyway though just so you can mess around.

Well. That depends.

My build cannot afford to lose Skill slots for it to actually work so after I got the skills I wanted, I put myself down a class path with the most skill slots. :p (Admittedly, I've already gotten four classes to max.)

HiroTSK5

So is it just me or is there stuff in this game to intentionally indicate that X is in fact a sequel to the original game?

Xenoblade 1 Spoiler
And that Mira may be the new world Shulk creates at the end of the game?

My findings mostly have to do with the Nopon:

The Heropon is now someone who slew a god (which happened in Xenoblade), the "legendary weapon" is the Monado, and "legendary Frontier Village" is directly mentioned in Chapter 10 by Tatsu. It all seems like way too much of a coincidence. A lot of the "archaeological" treasures seem like they could be Mechon also. Obviously some time has passed...a lot of time...but am I crazy for thinking that Mira is the world seen at the end of Xenoblade?

Note: I'm only through chapter 10 in the story, but I'm sure there is more.

I want to believe so. The appearance of a
Telethia
mid-way through the game as well as the fact that during the end-game Tatsu refers to the party as
Hom Homs but then realizes he has no idea why he said so
as well as references throughout the game to a "phenomenom" indicate a connection.

TDLink

I want to believe so. The appearance of a
Telethia
mid-way through the game as well as the fact that during the end-game Tatsu refers to the party as
Hom Homs but then realizes he has no idea why he said so
as well as references throughout the game to a "phenomenom" indicate a connection.

Oh yes, I completely failed to mention The
Telethia
as well. I definitely feel the connections here are strong and intentional.

Absol

130k a tick? Holy shit.

Where did you place your research probes? I'm guessing you lined a bunch of them together somewhere?

Most of them are in Oblivia and some in high sightseeing spots in other areas. I've got quite a few of high level research probes I've found around the world. If you combine them with boosters and duplicator probes it can really shoot up your revenue.

Well. That depends.

My build cannot afford to lose Skill slots for it to actually work so after I got the skills I wanted, I put myself down a class path with the most skill slots. :p (Admittedly, I've already gotten four classes to max.)

and you can do that after maxing out the other classes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom