• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few Skell related questions:

- Skell stats are not dependent on character stats, right? They're above all determined by the Skell frame and the gear and the only two aspects of your character that affect your Skell's stats are Skills and Skell Armor (if you're wearing any). Character level, class, HP, TP, etc. aren't important when the respective character is piloting a Skell, correct?

- Is there any reason for not going with a heavy frame? They seem to have much better stats across the board and the only downsides seem to be that a) they're more expensive, b) they consume more fuel (shouldn't be a problem if you build your frontier nav, right?), and c) they are slower outside of combat. Doesn't seem to me as that big of a deal. Is the low evasion value of heavy frames going to be a problem?

aravuus

Just a few Skell related questions:

- Skell stats are not dependent on character stats, right? They're above all determined by the Skell frame and the gear and the only two aspects of your character that affect your Skell's stats are Skills and Skell Armor (if you're wearing any). Character level, class, HP, TP, etc. aren't important when the respective character is piloting a Skell, correct?

- Is there any reason for not going with a heavy frame? They seem to have much better stats across the board and the only downsides seem to be that a) they're more expensive, b) they consume more fuel (shouldn't be a problem if you build your frontier nav, right?), and c) they are slower outside of combat. Doesn't seem to me as that big of a deal. Is the low evasion value of heavy frames going to be a problem?

No, skells don't scale to character stats at all

Heavy skells use up more fuel when flying and have lower elemental resistances compared to the lighter frames

Yeah I didn't expect that either.

Which brings up an interesting point...
Why does Lin need to even cook? I wonder how it's even explained why Mimeosomes even need to eat. Do they even get any sort of nutritional benefit or energy from it. It's just something I suppose I'll need to suspend my sense of belief for.

They explain that Mims are designed to emulate as much of human physiology as possible, in order to make things more comfortable and familiar for their users. It's meant to help alleviate the mental strain of the long voyage aboard the White Whale. It's hinted in an affinity mission that about the only thing Mims can't do is get pregnant.

OmegaDL50

Just beat the boss of Chapter 6.

A series of reactions...

Oh...crap.
KKJNkwZ.jpg
Dun...dun..dun.
Nmd3KP5.jpg

And then that Bahamut / Dragon thing just comes in and tears shit up.

Whew...that was pretty intense. I want to see what happens next.

Kouriozan

Piece of advice.

There will be a Normal Mission about saving three Tree Prones. Save the two brothers first.
That's probably the only way to save Chief's son... He died on me. :(

Also, on the Black Skell chain of Normal Missions, don't tell a guy named Bates to head west.
Died too and as a result Corwin died. :(

Aren't Vigents that huge things with those enormous arms? Are they so hard to find? :p
Wow, I lucked out on that Black Skell quest.
I feared something like that would happen but didn't want to check the internet, so I picked South randomly.

I have somehow put 60 hours into this game already and it's been a amazing experience. It's been a long time since since I have done a open world game and have enjoyed it.

I have a video about my experiences if you like to take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5F4sW6IZi0

Now to a couple missions stumping me.

I can't find anyone at the Sports Complex for the "No Man-non Need Apply" so where or when I find the person? Also in the "House of Cards" mission - where the key card?

Xenoboy

I just did the first Phog affinity quest and damn is he a fine man. One of my faves right now.
And the Renewed Will affinity quest just goes to show why Irina is the best character :p

Anyone know how to make the Nopon appear at whale's nostril? I want to get the AM, but that Dodongo Caravan just won't appear. I'm guessing I need to do something even before that.

Qurupeke

Sigh... I left Ch.12 to grind for that 4.5M~ Skell... At least I'm doing various quests now.

Now searching for a Nopon Caravan that's probably in Sylvanum... And I have no idea where...

I can't find anyone at the Sports Complex for the "No Man-non Need Apply" so where or when I find the person? Also in the "House of Cards" mission - where the key card?
I think for "No Man-non Need Apply" I had to change the time of day, can't remember when anyone showed up. Also it might just been a speech bubble been a while since I did that one...

For "House of Cards" I just googled this one as it has been on my list for a while. I talked to an NPC with a yellow speeech bubble ~somewhere~ (sorry) which narrowed it to the hanger in the admin district which was where I was stuck. Apparently I should be looking in the water below that. edit: Nope containers by the restricted hanger

Anyone know how to make the Nopon appear at whale's nostril? I want to get the AM, but that Dodongo Caravan just won't appear. I'm guessing I need to do something even before that.
There is a Nopon in New LA who is Tatsu's rival (in commercial district I think). Probably need to have Lin in the party (to have tatsu) for it to show up. That is the quest needed to get the caravan to show up there.

Man as much as I enjoy exploring with Skells, the ground combat just flows better, from the cooldowns to arts combos to mostly lack of positional arts.

I also hate that they don't stand during non-flight combat. Getting close to an enemy and watching the weird angle confuses me.

Dee Dee

I might start chapter 6 today. Waited nearly all day yesterday for the basic missions for Phog and Hope's affinity quests to appear, but they never did....

Instead I found the elusive aeon motor in Noctilum yesterday, so goodbye to that quest forever! I ran around the area for 20min hoping to find a second one for my collection to no avail. Despair!

Also, this dead forest in Noctilum or whatever it is (German area name was something like "teary-eyed soul") was extremely uncomfortable. The music changed into something eerie, blood red poison waters, and dead purple ferns hanging from the sky.
When I first entered there, it was so foggy I couldn't see where I was going. Then night set and the fog went, and I was just creeped out at where I had ended up.

Kouriozan

I just did the first Phog affinity quest and damn is he a fine man. One of my faves right now.
And the Renewed Will affinity quest just goes to show why Irina is the best character :p
Trying to put Phog back in my party but he says he is busy T-T
Maybe I have to do some post-game stuff before he is available again since I finished the story yesterday.

Finalow

really wish they would fix the fucking camera at some point.

no I meant divisions points. I was under the impressions that you could get points, rewards, ranks or whatever for doing specific actions, or for doing missions related to the division you join.
if that doesn't happen, what's the point of joining a division then?
anyone^?

Ran into a pretty annoying bug.

Fought against a tyrant for like over 5 minutes. Then right at the same time as the tyrant died and I got the quest done announcement for it (since it was a quest), I also happened to die. The result was that the quest done announcement was left on the screen, with the "return to the most recent landmark visited" and "time until forced respawn" announcements left stuck on top of it. None of the announcements go away (and the time doesn't move) so I can't do anything except close off the game and restart from my last save (maybe 30 mins lost I'd guess).

Oh well.

At least one thing is that you can get some division spoils (select one per day from some stuff) from the console that handles the squad stuff in the barracks. Dunno about other stuff.

Dee Dee

So, this is how I understood it, don't quote me on that:
You get MORE Blade Points for the activities your division is known for (i.e. picking up new collectibles as a curator, planting probes as a prospector).
That means you can pick a division fit to your play style to gain BLADE levels more quickly.

Also, you get division rewards for the world wide number of division activities.
It seems so far prospectors are most active for their division, meaning they get to pick from the widest range of rewards daily.

Jisgsaw

Had to stop halfway through chapter 6 and start grinding.

Started at 20 and am about to hit 23, hopefully that's enough.

Was annihilated in chap. 9.
The game really needs a recommended level before accepting quests, considering you can't quit them, that it's not present is some serious oversight imo...

So, how are you all feeling about the game after over a week since launch? Still having a great time or has the honeymoon phase passed? I bought the game on release day but haven't had the time to jump in yet, due to other obligations.

Dee Dee

Stupid (prob.) question time:

1. how do i get to the ship soaring over NLA?
2. can i switch party members classes?if so, how?

1. You mean after chapter 5? There is a porter near the BLADE tower then, if we are talking about the same thing.

2. I would like to know too, I haven't found that option myself...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Finished Chapter 6 and got my skell license last night. Damn, that Chapter 6 final was intense and unexpected.
I wonder if you need to fight the OP alien dragon later in the story, because that seems to be a damn difficult fight

Now it is a different game, that high jump and new fighting arts to learn.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01toqz5.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01m0ohs.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ewpqv.jpg

The sand storm in Oblivia is some great spectacle to watch, especially from way up.

Kinsei

Banned
I couldn't resist those question marks so no I'm doing more sidequests even though I wanted to rush to the flight module.

I can't believe they
introduced two new alien races
in sidequests.

So, how are you all feeling about the game after over a week since launch? Still having a great time or has the honeymoon phase passed? I bought the game on release day but haven't had the time to jump in yet, due to other obligations.

I'm still loving it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I didn't rushed through the story, so I just finished chapter 6 and got my skell. I did a lot of side quests and most of the normal missions are really great. Now with the skell it is a bit of a new game. So roughly 45 hours in (I let it over night a couple of times to get resources, so it's an estimation from the total of 57 hours shown in the game) I still like it very much and I find it difficult to let it aside and not play.

CPCunha

Thanks for the answers guys! Here's another thing i want to ask... how are you guys keeping you inventory slim? Couple of levels ago i equipped everything i wanted and went ahead and sold all armor pieces and weapons... it didn't affect my gameplay but i don't want to sell stuff i'll end up missing.

Wow, those level 30 skells are no joke. I was flying around installing probes and was easily killing the level 45-50 enemies that jumped me. I wasn't even trying to level and ended up going from 31-37 by the time I was done with the probes.

Yeah, when you are fueled up, you can rack in quite a few levels going after Xeno camps. Works nice if you got Mechs that have a high damage attack that's low on fuel cost, like Amudias's Scythe that does like 40k from behind for 50 fuel. G-Busters are sick too, but they just cost too much (200.)

Had to stop halfway through chapter 6 and start grinding.

Started at 20 and am about to hit 23, hopefully that's enough.

"Grinding" in xeno is kinda fun if you prep your team for it. Make sure you stack up Slayers, Criticals, etc. Jacked my team with Mech/Humanoid mods, and I went ape on Xeno camps that are 4-6 levels above me starting around lvl 18. They tended to drop lots of yellow gear too, as well as skell weaponry.

I'm still loving it.

I didn't rushed through the story, so I just finished chapter 6 and got my skell. I did a lot of side quests and most of the normal missions are really great. Now with the skell it is a bit of a new game. So roughly 45 hours in (I let it over night a couple of times to get resources, so it's an estimation from the total of 57 hours shown in the game) I still like it very much and I find it difficult to let it aside and not play.

I'm currently playing The Witcher 3 but you both are making it really hard to not crack Xenoblade X open and give it a go...

Edit - Thanks for all the additional comments, guys! Game sounds like it's truly one of the Wii U's best.

Kiryu

Got my skell at lvl 34!

The Skell License Quest was troublesome. I believe 3x Beagflea Squashes was longest one that I had to run around in Oblivia. :/

Funny thing... I chose to "provoke" instead of "thank" to Walter for free skell to my team members but Walter was about to force me to retake the skell license which I don't want to. If I were to retake it. I'll turn Wii U off and go to sleep. >.<

aravuus

Loved it all the way. I expected some aspects of the game to be honestly bad (story being the biggest one) so I was never really disappointed when they turned out to more or less be just that, and I went in with tempered expectations in general cause I really didn't like XB that much so I never really had that honey moon phase. Everything I loved and hated in the beginning, I loved and hated after ~70 hours (yeah, gf was busy for a while and I had less school and work than usual = lots of free time) when I finished the story.

Honestly, I kinda feel like plugging the Wii U back in and doing some affinity quests, but it's Yakuza 5 time now. Maybe later this month.

Kouriozan

I love it and going to 100% it, as I always do. Already 65 hours in and 41,7% of the whole planet done.
Those affinity quests are the best and some sidequest are really surprising and deep.

Qurupeke

I love it. It's funny that the first 1-2 days(around 5-10 hours) weren't that good. I was really thinking of just dropping it. It was overwhelming, the story didn't click me and I felt it was too huge. Suffice it to say, nothing is like that anymore. I think what i loved the most is just taking my time and doing quests or exploring. Normal missions are the best part of the game.

LProtag

So far my skell line-up is Mastema and 2 Amdusias'. Should I throw a medium-weight frame in there to mix things up, or is there no point?

Ulysses 31

So far my skell line-up is Mastema and 2 Amdusias'. Should I throw a medium-weight frame in there to mix things up, or is there no point?

There is medium and heavy skell weaponry and one should assume those are stronger than the light weaponry. Also the HP and fuel boost are something to consider.

Golnei

Trying to put Phog back in my party but he says he is busy T-T
Maybe I have to do some post-game stuff before he is available again since I finished the story yesterday.

I'm nowhere near as far along as you, so this might not apply, but are you sure you're not trying to put Phog and Frye into the same party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom