• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Woo! just beat the boss, and it was satisfying even with the lowered cap cause it was a long battle and being able to nail all those button presses helped alot to keep the pace.
Now to finish up this chapter and to find out what arbitrarily bad thing you have to do to get a skell, idk what it is, but I hope its something really dull like filling out paper work or something, call me crazy but I think that would add to the experience.

I'll give you a guess what names I gave my Skells...

hqdefault.jpg

If only a Skell could have a tail....

foxuzamaki

it's hard not to choose the funny options when everything else is so vanilla. I want to be entertained. And without the possibility of companions hating you I always play the clown/asshole.

As a mediator it is literally my job to not be a ass cave so i always go with the option that will most likely score me affinity points lol

The requirement of discovering 15% of the region to get to Story 4 is the most ridiculously idiotic tedious missions I have ever played. Not only is my character not equipped to probe all of the areas as he is at an "insufficent level at times" (of course the game doesn't tell me that before I go to the beam of light), but it is mostly impossible to find where to put the probes in the first place. I can never find the beam of light when I get to the gray square on the map. I've been searching for over an hour but can't find it. Who the fuck designed this game?

Chapter 11-This is dogshit. This is such utter dogshit.
Lao's motivation to essentially commit species suicide is utterly stupid. I'm sorry that your family got killed because of corrupt politics but no that doesn't mean you get to kill everybody else with you. This is such a shitty motivation for him. Not to mention he's working with the species THAT ACTUALLY KILLED HIS FAMILY.

We then have Elma who took the biggest idiot stick in how she didn't warn anybody that Lao was a traitor despite her knowing it multiple chapters ago. What the fuck. Why was Lao running around in the first place? Jesus Christ nobody detained him?

The icing on the shit cake is how I wasn't given the option of putting a fucking bullet in Lao's head. "We're on the same side". Are you shitting me? Then the game auto forces my avatar to side with Lin instead of actually giving me a choice? Get the fuck out of here.

This whole branch of the narrative wasn't good in the first place and dragged on for far too long. I almost put my controller through the wall. How did we go from Xenoblade Chronicles to this? How?

I dunno personally. I mean did you play Xenogears? Incoming Xenogears spoilers:
Because Krellian lost Sophia, he went on a similar path too. Creating "God" at whatever price, which meant messing with humanity on a historical wide scale.

Zafir

God, some of the quests on this game make you really depressed. :|

My perfectionism also hates the fact a lot of them have wrong choices. x.x

foxuzamaki

The requirement of discovering 15% of the region to get to Story 4 is the most ridiculously idiotic tedious missions I have ever played. Not only is my character not equipped to probe all of the areas as he is at an "insufficent level at times" (of course the game doesn't tell me that before I go to the beam of light), but it is mostly impossible to find where to put the probes in the first place. I can never find the beam of light when I get to the gray square on the map. I've been searching for over an hour but can't find it. Who the fuck designed this game?

You can get almost every probe in primordia with just a level 2 mechanical field skill, with really the only few remaining is some most likely areas you cant reach without a skell or purposely being blocked by high level monsters, its really not that bad at all, you should be exploring those areas anyways, as i did and just had an easy time.

After doing this and then heading to other areas, you will soon realize that primordia is actually a pretty small continent compared to the other areas.

hint, get a head start and start exploring and probing noctilum, if this frustrated you, noctilum is like atleast twice as big and you have to survey 20%, you wont see this for a while tho but you should get stated on it regardless.

Jarmel

Banned
I dunno personally. I mean did you play Xenogears? Incoming Xenogears spoilers:
Because Krellian lost Sophia, he went on a similar path too. Creating "God" at whatever price, which meant messing with humanity on a historical wide scale.

Krellian's motivations were vastly better as it wasn't
simply suicide but rather something like Evangelion with everything returning to a 'ground' state. Not to mention everybody in the game calls him out on it and he isn't viewed as being on the same side.

Ohhh, ya know...just trying to fight some baddies for a side quest AND THEN:

vvSpnmi.jpg

Grrrrrr, this fucking thing.

I got my first Skell wreck thanks to this thing. The fight was going smooth, and out of nowhere I get a QTE which I mess up without exactly caring thinking it's just any other QTE, not knowing my Skell got OHK'd by a Surprise Tyrant out of Fucking Nowhere.

Arklite

Dumb question but anyone know why my main settings menu is partially locked/greyed out? I can't access anything in the display settings besides subtitles.

Edit : Nevermind, have to be in game to change them. Makes sense

foxuzamaki

Holy shit I had a brain fart and forgot that i was doing a affinity mission instead of the actual chapter 6 lol

So, might as well bring this up here since Miiverse decided to throw some completely unrelated hissyfit about Microtransactions instead of engaging my actual topic:

Has it occurred to anyone else that Xenoblade X kinda follows the Ubisoft Open World format?

I mean, there's the Towers (FrontierNav Nodes, many of which require quite a trek to get to), which reveal a variety of tasks and collectables in the area to accomplish to move towards 100%.

I mean, that said, I suppose there's some actual tact here that it's what the game was designed around, and that these seem more on the carefully handcrafted side, unlike Ubisoft's filler Towers that seem thrown in arbitrarily for "content".

Zafir

So, might as well bring this up here since Miiverse decided to throw some completely unrelated hissyfit about Microtransactions instead of engaging my actual topic:

Has it occurred to anyone else that Xenoblade X kinda follows the Ubisoft Open World format?

I mean, there's the Towers (FrontierNav Nodes, many of which require quite a trek to get to), which reveal a variety of tasks and collectables in the area to accomplish to move towards 100%.

I mean, that said, I suppose there's some actual tact here that it's what the game was designed around, and that these seem more on the carefully handcrafted side, unlike Ubisoft's filler Towers that seem thrown in arbitrarily for "content".
Well, I feel like peoples problems with Ubisoft games is more that their side quests tend to suck.

Vecks

I like how the game actually gives affinity points based on the team members' personalities during dialogue choices. I was encouraging that one girl to continue working alone, as it suited her, and only Phog agreed with me and was getting affinity from it. I still don't understand Elma though. I thought she'd be more "good" but she rarely responds to the "good" options, unlike Irina.

I like how the game actually gives affinity points based on the team members' personalities during dialogue choices. I was encouraging that one girl to continue working alone, as it suited her, and only Phog agreed with me and was getting affinity from it. I still don't understand Elma though. I thought she'd be more "good" but she rarely responds to the "good" options, unlike Irina.
It is nice to have companions with their own, distinct personalities. The dialog options, sparse as they are, add a lot of fun to cutscenes, too; way more than I would've guessed with how spartan they actually are.

And for Elma, though I haven't been paying a lot of attention to her affinity boosts, she seems to value independance, initiative, and bravery more than anything.

Can anyone help me get the Haywire quest?

The last thing I did involving the
water purification plant
was destroy the
faulty sentry bots
. Now when I go back to it,
Rosie is there during the day, and the xeno is there at nighttime. He says he can't forgive the other xeno for tampering with the bots.

I don't see the how to continue the quest though, or know where to find the Haywire quest.

HELP

Finally some time to really play this game.

Fucking lol @ Lin losing her mind about Skells and cat calling one in early in the game. Shes great.

New LA looks relatively ugly though. I also hate the indoor camera.

Sure thing.

Basically look at Oblivia, the rest are some areas with a lot of Sighseeing spots and/or A grade revenue. I'm missing like half the map of Cauldros and Sylphaum is mostly unexploited. Also, the difference is the numbers is because I found a better spot while taking the pictures and I changed some probes to generate almost 1K more. lol

181K is amazing

just copying you I was able to go from 42K to 81K

I have more spots open but missing a few key probes to copy 181K

dragn

after buying a skell i gave lao the first one and he died several times, do the skells dont lose insurance when used by a partymember? its still at 1

TheFatMan

So has there been any word on why this game disconnects so much? I'll go hours with it being fine and then just boom, offline.

Seems like a strange bug.

I was quite disappointed upon learning that
I won't be able to use my Skell fly yet.
Instead, I went to my usual jumping tactics and here I am at the top of the mountain in Oblivia in seach of the FN site :lol

Here's what I'm currently at. Where the entrance?

I did the same early on got way up there just to look up an see I can't go on

might be able to jump on the little sky rocks lol

MrPanic

Got my mechanical up to lv5 and planted all the probes, feels good. I was pleasantly surprised I was able to kill the over lv50 tyrant needed for the Off The Record mission with my lv40 and under skell crew first try, killed it just before it was about to break my own skell which was very nice.

Absol

~45 hours into the game now. Still at chapter 6 lol. At least I'm generating like ~130k money per tick now.

Got my first Skell and proceeded to do a short grind to 30 so I can get the rest of my posse their own. Named them all from mecha anime stuff lol.

With my new mech I proceeded to try and see if I can climb up that giant ring without flying. And lo and behold I managed to do it. Knocked out two sightseeing stuff on my up there. It became more of a jumping puzzle and it was really fun.

Kyzon

I was quite disappointed upon learning that
I won't be able to use my Skell fly yet.
Instead, I went to my usual jumping tactics and here I am at the top of the mountain in Oblivia in seach of the FN site :lol

Here's what I'm currently at. Where the entrance?

By the floating island right?

You're gonna need to fly up there.

I was falling asleep during the whole tutorial and tour of the city but as soon as I got out of the East Gate all the excitement came back. Lets do this!

Evilkazz

Banned
It became more of a jumping puzzle and it was really fun.

Yeah I had a lot of fun similar situations before I got flight.

One thing I truly dont like about Skells is
the removal of the jump ability once you get flight. Now every time you jump into the air you immediately hover in the air and fly. Which changes the music and burns fuel. This is especially annoying when all you wanted to do was jump a little bit like you used to but now you have to hold ZL just to put your feet back on the ground.

Jarmel

Banned
I hope the level 60 Skell materials aren't too grindy. I'm trying against some of the harder monsters and getting riggidy wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom