• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses 31

I finally found the sightseeing spot on FN 315

This is where I'm currently at.

It says there two of it. Where's the 2nd one?

edit:
I can't still fly fyi

On top of the ring and on top of the highest point a little south of there. Think you need flying for both.

So, how are you all feeling about the game after over a week since launch? Still having a great time or has the honeymoon phase passed? I bought the game on release day but haven't had the time to jump in yet, due to other obligations.
The honeymoon period sort of went over in a way, but it's just that some of the things really started to bother. Overall still enjoying the game very much.

The game's actually an interesting case to me, because I don't think I've ever played a game before that had so many flaws, both major and minor, but still pulls me so heavily.

Thanks for the answers guys! Here's another thing i want to ask... how are you guys keeping you inventory slim? Couple of levels ago i equipped everything i wanted and went ahead and sold all armor pieces and weapons... it didn't affect my gameplay but i don't want to sell stuff i'll end up missing.
Honestly, I just don't sell anything. It sucks a bit when wanting to put proper gear on or trying to find something specific, but those times are fairly rare to me so I don't bother with the selling.

correojon

So, how are you all feeling about the game after over a week since launch? Still having a great time or has the honeymoon phase passed? I bought the game on release day but haven't had the time to jump in yet, due to other obligations.
It was a bit confusing at first and can he overwhelming with so many systems, items and things to take into account...but slowly everything starts to click and I'm loving it. I'm advancing very slowly, doing a lot of missions and just getting lost and exploring the world. I just completed level 5 and the story is great, the surprise in that chapter was awesome and suddenly my quest is really epic. I'm loving it and will sink many more hours into it.

Btw, the other day I reached a small lone island at the south of NLA, it doesn't appear on the map and I had to swim for a while. It was just filled with overleveled crabs and a magna, I was under lvl10 so I had nothing to do there...1I let them kill me so I didn't have to swim back lol. I'll go back there once I get my skell and have my revenge!

Kouriozan

Doing the legendary nopon sword quest line, pretty sure they talk about
the Monado
lol
I'm nowhere near as far along as you, so this might not apply, but are you sure you're not trying to put Phog and Frye into the same party?
Yes, that was why.

desu

So far my skell line-up is Mastema and 2 Amdusias'. Should I throw a medium-weight frame in there to mix things up, or is there no point?

I bought a LV50 medium frame and was really dissapointed.

The heavy frames comes with one super advantage which is what they have slotted in their armor. The Amdusia comes with Thermal damage up on all armor (which is super awesome combined with a Phoenix) and the Mastema comes with Beam damage up which is also useful for the very easy to aquire LV30 super weapon you can get.

I might be totally wrong, but so far I see like zero reason to go with a light or medium frame (I might just not know what awesome stuff you can do with them ...).

TheFatMan

Thanks for the answers guys! Here's another thing i want to ask... how are you guys keeping you inventory slim? Couple of levels ago i equipped everything i wanted and went ahead and sold all armor pieces and weapons... it didn't affect my gameplay but i don't want to sell stuff i'll end up missing.

Every now and then I sell stuff that is very low level (For instance if I'm level 20 I sell everything below level 10 gear wise.) This seems to keep my inventory more manageable for now.

Also I don't sell things that are obviously cosmetic. Like the Diving gear, turtleneck etc.

Jarmel

Banned
I bought a LV50 medium frame and was really dissapointed.

The heavy frames comes with one super advantage which is what they have slotted in their armor. The Amdusia comes with Thermal damage up on all armor (which is super awesome combined with a Phoenix) and the Mastema comes with Beam damage up which is also useful for the very easy to aquire LV30 super weapon you can get.

I might be totally wrong, but so far I see like zero reason to go with a light or medium frame (I might just not know what awesome stuff you can do with them ...).

Supposedly at the higher levels, the extra slot on the light frames is extra useful. The evasion and accuracy elements come into play. Not to mention flying around drains heavy frames fuel like there is no tomorrow.

desu

Shaldome

That seems to be a variation of Trekware. I'm wearing that on my avatar:

Unfortunately, I have no idea where I found it.

If it is Realy Trekware, you can get it as a reward from Basic Missions on the mission terminal. Just check from time to time if one is available that gives it to you. ("Arms Tester wanted" is one that should have it as a reward)

desu

Supposedly at the higher levels, the extra slot on the light frames is extra useful. The evasion and accuracy elements come into play. Not to mention flying around drains heavy frames fuel like there is no tomorrow.

Fuel somehow never was a problem for me (I am getting about 60k payouts with 100k cap now and you can do the missions to get 30k in about 2-3minutes).

As for accuracy, I have to admit that there are sometimes a bit too many misses but for the story I wasn't much of a problem und post game framing was fine with the heavy series as well.

I did it at level 21. Those chicken robots aren't too hard to kill if you have to. Just take out there front facing laser first.
There are some random ones at levels 24 to 27 that might kick your ass at night. Be careful

Also, the music for Oblivia at night is just so mysterious and gooood

Kouriozan

I'm at 173k money per tick with FrontierNav, should I aim higher or it's enough for the quests? I have one where you need 130k at the moment.
Edit : 178k after switching a G1 and G2 booster.

Okay, I have looked all across Cauldros, but I can't find a vigent for this quest. I looked in the google document, but no matter how many enemies I scanned, I can't find this thing. HELP!
If it's for a quest, shouldn't there be some direction indicated by it? The easiest place to find regular ones is going along that valleyish place by 509, between the castle and volcano.

I'm at 173k money per tick with FrontierNav, should I aim higher or it's enough for the quests? I have one where you need 130k at the moment.
Edit : 178k after switching a G1 and G2 booster.

I need some G2 boosters can't find a quest for it

I have too many mining probes on the maps after I took like 10 of them off to leave the default I was able to reach 100k

you'll need as much cash as possible to build end game stuff if you are into Doll collecting

Zafir

Hmmm. Hit level 30. I don't know if I should buy 2 sells or buy 1 skell and upgrade my ground gear for the party. What do you guys think?!

I bought Skells for everyone in my party and it made the next story mission I did (Chapter 7) a walk in the park. :Z So bear that in mind.

phalestine

aka iby.h
I don't know much about this game/series, but I need an extra game for the bby deal. If I enjoyed the tales/star ocean series would I enjoy this?

When creating gear does the game really expect you to get all those monster drops?

Even with tickets to get everything seems like it would take well over 50 hours on its own.

I'm also guessing more manufacturers unlock based on your program in the main story?

I maxed Sakuraba and am close to the maxing the second brand as well.

What else do I spend miranium on? I already did a bunch of miranium sidequests. I take in close to my limit of 13500 as I have only two storage probes I put near a booster.

TheMoon

I don't know much about this game/series, but I need an extra game for the bby deal. If I enjoyed the tales/star ocean series would I enjoy this?

Watch (some of) the survival guide videos linked in the OP. if that doesn't sound interesting to you then maybe skip it? This is nothing like a Tales game for one.

Kouriozan

Oh wait, Tobias will give me a duplicator probe for finishing that quest, neat.
I need some G2 boosters can't find a quest for it

I have too many mining probes on the maps after I took like 10 of them off to leave the default I was able to reach 100k

you'll need as much cash as possible to build end game stuff if you are into Doll collecting
Indeed, there is crazy tons of mining probes.
I have 14 G8 ones without looking for it!

Question. If I change my probes will I get back the probe I'm replacing or will it be lost forever? Cause I haven't really been paying attention too much to the links. I'm lol 30 now

desu

Even with tickets to get everything seems like it would take well over 50 hours on its own.

I'm also guessing more manufacturers unlock based on your program in the main story?

What else do I spend miranium on? I already did a bunch of miranium sidequests. I take in close to my limit of 13500 as I have only two storage probes I put near a booster.

1. Yep, its pretty terrible. I would save all my tickets for the LV60 Skells.

2. 4 unlocked from the story, 4 from side quests

3. Quests, AMs, adding augment slots to equipment, FUEL

Question. If I change my probes will I get back the probe I'm replacing or will it be lost forever? Cause I haven't really been paying attention too much to the links. I'm lol 30 now

No they are not lost, you get them back if you replace it.

Oh wait, Tobias will give me a duplicator probe for finishing that quest, neat.
Indeed, there is crazy tons of mining probes.
I have 14 G8 ones without looking for it!

If I had storage probes I would just them but I am capped at 28k and I was mining 50k and it was hurting my credits at 80k

removing mining to get close to what I am capped at raised my funds to 100k

I wish I had more storage and research probes

some sites I have yet to find even though I am flying

one area has two sites on top of a mountain with a north and south peak

the north peak has a level 5 site and the south has huge plants had horse creatures and a lake but I have no clue where the beam is hidden

so many of them are hidden like this

yes I was asking how, I don't recall where the active party screen is but I'll look into it.

no I meant divisions points. I was under the impressions that you could get points, rewards, ranks or whatever for doing specific actions, or for doing missions related to the division you join.
if that doesn't happen, what's the point of joining a division then?
From what I've seen, you get division points from doing your division related activities. Everyday when you first log into the game, you get division spoils from global division rankings, which you go to Blade barracks to claim. Main purpose is getting division points grants you items and increases your Blade level which allows you to upgrade your mechanical, biological, etc skills to unlock treasure while exploring. This is crucial as FrontNav data probes are mostly found in mechanical treasure chests and through some quests.

It's actually very important to increase your Blade level by doing quests, etc. to gain division points. Without your mechanical level going up for instance, you will be locked out of like half of mechanical treasure chests on the planet. Those chests contain money but also FrontNav probes which you need to put down. FrontNav probes most important functions to me is creating most of the fast travel points on huge areas on the continents, expanding the area around that segment with more visibility, and gaining Miranium to upgrade your AMs to get better equipment.

You need those fast travel points to explore/grind deeper into the continents for money and for quick jump starts for many quests which can net u alot of money too. Ultimately, it depends on how much you plan on doing with the game. If it costs a million or more for some of the great Skells or quite a bit for certain equipment, you'll see how important getting Frontier Nav probes to explore and grind is early on.

I hope that helps

You guys weren't kidding this game was addicting. If it weren't for the small text, I would've probably stayed up all night and played it. I still need to get the basics down (like those gathering quests) but i'm already at chapter 3 and having a hoot. Finally found my World of Warcraft replacement as I was thinking of going back to WOW.

I do have a question though, I don't there is any death penalty from dying without a skill (not there yet) but wonder if someone can clear it up for me.

Ugh, flying again. Oh, well. 3 chapters more.

it is not always flying if your jump game is patient

I love the jump puzzles in this game

there is one puzzle I have yet to solve that is a strange structure sticking out of a cliff face and has a rupee like shape it has a treasure spot and a cave door but even with a flying skill landing on it I have no clue how to reach the door or treasure

so there are solutions beyond flying, I feel I need to jump away and turn around to land on the lower part or the cave has another opening below

before I was able to fly I was able to reach many areas and Skell jumps open even more areas

massoluk

Banned
Does the light frame Skell seem useless to anyone? I mean, it's supposed to be evading, but all you need is two or three hits and bye bye one insurance, it's not even uncommon to get one shot by special attack. Heck, I felt like why bother with anything but Heavy Skell. May be things will change when I get to do air battle or something.

Well, in my quest for some spherical EM motors I finally found a route somehow to this part of Noctilum:
jYDVgnH.jpg

ur03Z7r.jpg
This proper chopper quest got me really sidetracked from the main story. :p

Plum

I'm having trouble here. Where the hell is the probe for the segment in the middle of Primordia? It's under the segment with the "Talon Rock Third Terrane" landmark and I just can't seem to find it. Do I need to wait for a Skell or something?

NeonZ

What is the thing Lin is wearing called? Where did you get it?

Really want this for my MC

Those are (Prototype) trekpants and Trekware (for the shirt). IIRC, as far as style goes, Phog's default outfit is actually the male version of that, so if you equip it on a female she'll get a color variation of that outfit.

Xenoboy

Well, in my quest for some spherical EM motors I finally found a route somehow to this part of Noctilum:

This proper chopper quest got me really sidetracked from the main story. :p

Yeah, I wound up getting to some hidden poison lake doing that quest. Still didn't find it -_-

jmizzal

Just did the mission that lets you edit your character

I think its very cool that they made it fit with the story and not just have you able to randomly change your character or not let you change at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom