• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

At what point do you get a quest to get the Skell flight module? Is it after a certain chapter? I'm assuming the flight module isn't an optional thing you could miss.
Yes, after a Chapter, can't remember which one but you get a big info note telling you can start the quest.

WooooooWooowww Wooooww Wow Wowwww!!!

ONE MAN WORRRRRLLLLDDDDD

IM SINGING THIS SONG AND SOMETHING SOMETHING FOREVERRR

WooooWooowww Wooooww Wow Wowwww!!!

(i have no idea what the lyrics are but this song is stuck in my stupid head)

The Noctilum one?
I'm hearing:

ONE BY OOOOOO-ONE!

ONE BY ONE!

WHOOOOO-OOOOO-OOOO-OOOO-OOO-OAH

SEE THE SUN!

And then a bunch of gibberish.
It's my favourite song in the game thus far and it's stuck in my head for a while now :p

mjc

Couple dumb questions:

1. Can I equip armor that's shown as red in the store listing? What's the purpose of the coloring if I can buy and equip it?

2. How do I level up my probe skills?

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Noctilum day theme is just delicious. It has the perfect balance of slightly cheesy lyrics with an amazing Sawano drop where you have the melody from that early cutscene weaving its way it. It's so good.

k1t4j

The events of chapter 9 really fucked me over. Lao was my highest optional character. The second highest I can't take him to the mission 10, that commander guy that i can't remember his name. I tried the mission 10 boss with 3 lv 37 and LOL...

Have to grind now for a while.....

Anyone knows of a placed packed with 35-38 mobs for me to get some levels?

JulianImp

Couple dumb questions:

1. Can I equip armor that's shown as red in the store listing? What's the purpose of the coloring if I can buy and equip it?

2. How do I level up my probe skills?

1. Armor marked in red can't be equipped until you meet its level requirement.

2. If you mean the skill for placing probes, you get to level it up by talking to the woman just to the right of the terminal where you take missions (always level your mechanical skills up first). If you mean the actual probes, you can select them on the map using the gamepad screen and change them into any other probe you've got (ie: mining, research) for a small fee.

NeonZ

The events of chapter 9 really fucked me over. Lao was my highest optional character. The second highest I can't take him to the mission 10, that commander guy that i can't remember his name. I tried the mission 10 boss with 3 lv 37 and LOL...

If you just want to get over with it, couldn't you just scout a high level avatar?

JulianImp

There're some level 41-45 giant enemy crabs by a beach near one of the fallen rings in Oblivia (in the south-eastern part of that region, I think), and those can be easily dispatched in two hits of the skell weapon that deals 25K damage. I know their levels might be a bit high for you for battling them on foot, but I think you should be able to take them on using skells since they don't rely on your characters' base stats in any way.

bobohoro

Limited game time, but managed to squeeze in ~8 hours until now. Game is great but overwhelming. Just a quick question to hopefully take a load off my mind:

There is no important missable stuff, right? Like, I don't have to compulsively scout the city every day to not miss NPCs, quests and other stuff. If I'm fed up with talking to people, I can just go out and do quests and when I want to advance the story I can do that as well without having to have completed side stuff first, right?

k1t4j

If you just want to get over with it, couldn't you just scout a high level avatar?

Not in that much of a rush, besides I want to level up my team :)

There're some level 41-45 giant enemy crabs by a beach near one of the fallen rings in Oblivia (in the south-eastern part of that region, I think), and those can be easily dispatched in two hits of the skell weapon that deals 25K damage. I know their levels might be a bit high for you for battling them on foot, but I think you should be able to take them on using skells since they don't rely on your characters' base stats in any way.

Thanks I'll have a go at it :)

NeonZ

Limited game time, but managed to squeeze in ~8 hours until now. Game is great but overwhelming. Just a quick question to hopefully take a load off my mind:

There is no important missable stuff, right? Like, I don't have to compulsively scout the city every day to not miss NPCs, quests and other stuff. If I'm fed up with talking to people, I can just go out and do quests and when I want to advance the story I can do that as well without having to have completed side stuff first, right?

You can miss some stuff, but it's only tied to a single limited element. Most of the game's content can't be missed.

It's a specific character that becomes unavailable after a certain point of the story.

That character is Lao, who leaves with chapter 9.

Mira is a weird place.
7XOD6o4.jpg
Totally gonna scout Nyamo.

Golnei

The Noctilum one?
I'm hearing:

ONE BY OOOOOO-ONE!

ONE BY ONE!

SEE THE SUN!

It's my favourite song in the game thus far and it's stuck in my head for a while now :p

I'm hearing "to the sun", and a "how long can I wait for you" on one of the following lines, but the rest is incomprehensible. At least the lyrics situation isn't as bad as the 'Mira' version of the theme, with the whole "THIS IS THE DAY YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR" bit followed by Kobayashi(?) having an aneurysm.

Gurrry

The Noctilum one?
I'm hearing:

ONE BY OOOOOO-ONE!

ONE BY ONE!

SEE THE SUN!

lol thats the one, now that you say that, i think those are the lyrics hahahaha

makes alot more sense than "one man world"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's his character class? I see a long sword

Looks like a custom one with dual guns and longsword.

I've been having great sucess with a longsword/sniper combo, but it's designed more for insane burst than overdrive abuse like that set up is :lol

Equip all your skells with beam weapons and try again, beam damage does bonus to mech enemies.

dragn

I think it only depends on the weapons. I've been farming some giant overleveled enemy crabs in Oblivia using my skell only thanks to the BFSword that deals >50% damage to them and lets me go for a bind to get the fuel back. Grinding class levels has become a lot easier now I realized I could just beat all four lv 41-45 crabs easily, reset the area and go for it again until I reach my desired class skills.

Perhaps all this random grinding will help me beat the next story boss without having to lower its level after dying too many times to it.

can you buy the sword at the shop? im only using the weapons that came with the most expensive lvl 30 skell

I have a question around the nemesis spoils. Are you only able to turn them in for tickets/sell or can you do more with them. It seems based off of the manual that is all you can do with them but I want to be sure before I trade them in.

Got any screenshots of it?

It's one of the super weapons. The only downsides are that it takes up 4 weapon slots, and consumes over 1000 fuel per use (though like everything else, fuel is still not consumed when using in overdrive)

Also a 2 minute cooldown timer if you can't oneshot the enemies

Evilkazz

Banned
It's one of the super weapons. The only downsides are that it takes up 4 weapon slots, and consumes over 1000 fuel per use (though like everything else, fuel is still not consumed when using in overdrive)

I see. Definitely need to start working on those superweapons after I find the other Skells.
4 weapon slots sounds crazy though. That's half of your potential arts.

cleansock

Banned
I binge played from 6-11pm, woke up at 6am and been playing since. Last game that made me do this was the original xenoblade. Idk what it is about these games, but I can't stop playing the fucking thing. I'm not even eating meals,I'm just making smoothies with oatmeal, so I can figure out how to beat "an arms tester wanted". It's like the first mission! I have a feeling I have to be alone in party and just wasted 2 hrs.

Zozobra

Hey guys, I just started so sorry if there's an obvious answer to this, but on the map, I have these little cards in the different sectors that I assume are indicating the objective of a quest I've accepted - is there an easy way for me to see which quest a particular card is representing? Right now it seems like the only option is to cycle through my mission log until a waypoint shows up in the hexagon I'm currently in...

I see. Definitely need to start working on those superweapons after I find the other Skells.
4 weapon slots sounds crazy though. That's half of your potential arts.
i think every super weapon takes at least 2 slots. I got this one as the reward for an affinity mission (which also unlocks the ability to craft the higher level versions)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Awesome tip by the way.

Spent 1 mil to get them all beam weapons didn't even need to level up :). Thanks a lot.

Np, I usually change my outfittings on my skells based on who I fight. If it's other skells they get beam weapons, if it's normal guys then physical works.

Vecks

You get this one for free for finishing Lin's last Affinity Quest. Once the story is over you get the blue prints for all LV30 versions, LV50 versions are treasure chest rewards and LV60 versions are Affinity Quest rewards.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q0sn7.jpg

Holy crap, that looks amazing.

Haunted

What's the red globe showing blue bars in the squad select screen at the startup of every game anyway?

Progress bar until Girl reaches the next planet?

I'm hearing "to the sun", and a "how long can I wait for you" on one of the following lines, but the rest is incomprehensible. At least the lyrics situation isn't as bad as the 'Mira' version of the theme, with the whole "THIS IS THE DAY YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR" bit followed by Kobayashi(?) having an aneurysm.

But it sounds amazing... yes it is Kobayashi. Anyways, THIS IS THE DAY WE'VE BEEN WAAAAITING FOOOR!?!

Ah the P
rone sweet prone
quest is mean. I understand I have to get a key from a level 19 enemy. The difficulty is reaching him without aggroing a load of level 49 Zigs (which have insane vision and sound sensitivity). My only hope is jump in there with a skell, knock the guy out (hope that triggers the item being obtained) then get KOd myself.

Qurupeke

Finished! Grinding all day for some money really paid off when I got the most expensive Skell of Level 50. So..

Overall, I liked the story. It wasn't mind blowing or anything close to that, but it was really fun to watch unfold and I loved how many plot twists it had. lol This is the Lifehold where other people are...actually, even us are there... well, only our datas are there... And then, there was nothing in it. lol I love the potential for a sequel, even though I doubt it will happen, at least anytime soon. So, Mira was the reason that a lot of things happened and not even Elma knows why. That's really interesting. Also, there's still the mystery of that Telethia Plume that saved us when the Sphinx appeared, but I'm not sure if it even has a story as it's a level 99 (final I guess) boss.

About Elma, that was quite unexpected. She was weird and she looked alienish with those silver hairs but damn, I didn't expect her to actually be an alien. lol I was thinking that aliens were somehow involved, because even the Ganglion kept praising the human technology, but I didn't expect Emma to actually be one. In around the start, after a quest I think, she said something about her body being surprising but I only just remembered it after the credits. lol

About Law, I'm actually surprised he was so relevant to the story. And I didn't expect him to return to the end and be the final boss. lol I feel the main story focused on him quite a lot, but other than the fact people keep trusting him while he was obviously traitorous from quite early, I don't have a problem with it. I'm not sure what happened in the end to him(I closed the game right after it saved), but did he wake up as himself or it's something else? His eyes were abnormally black...

And a piece of advice because even with a Skell of level 50 I managed to lose the first time, only to realize how stupid I was.

The shield thing isn't part of the battle. I mean, you can defeated before it appears and it becomes a looooot easier. I kept stopping hitting the Vita when its health was low, waiting for the Shield robot to appear. And meanwhile, my teammates' Skells were destroyed, it regenerated health and then I lost. When I actually focused on it, the battle became a lot easier. I start to think I didn't even need the level 50 Skell...

Now for the post-game... I'll start with the lobsters. lol

So, what type of Skell most people are getting? Light? Medium? Heavy?

Heavy is the best for the fights. Also, don't accidentally quote me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom