• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard is it to get coop questing with a friend going? Reading the OP it sounds like you need to be members of a 31 member passive squad then invite 4 people to a real time mission? Is it possible to just invite someone from your friends list/or at least meet up with them in game easily?

sensui-tomo

Finally got some party members to 30, bought the heavy mech and some light one for Elma
, gave lin the starter smell, decked out my heavy to realize I need more cash now. How viable is assault rifle and saber combo for anyone who's done it?

Riki

Well, in my quest for some spherical EM motors I finally found a route somehow to this part of Noctilum:

This proper chopper quest got me really sidetracked from the main story. :p

Yeah, I wound up getting to some hidden poison lake doing that quest. Still didn't find it -_-
If you find the Weeping Whitewood (north of 215 I think) you can find the motor there. It's a rare blue orb though.

Some are also tied to affinity missions and sidequests. The BFFs affinity mission that opens up early on should give you another manufacturer, for example.

I'm before Mission 4 and not have that one yet.

1. Yep, its pretty terrible. I would save all my tickets for the LV60 Skells.

2. 4 unlocked from the story, 4 from side quests

3. Quests, AMs, adding augment slots to equipment, FUEL

No they are not lost, you get them back if you replace it.

That sucks. All 12 weapons have an archetype version for level 20, 40 and 60.

They have the same stats as regular weapons and come with multiple augments standard. They're pretty plain though.

The ticket system is useless for this because each part costs 30 tickets while killing a squad monster is like one ticket.

I can definitely see putting in 300 hours to get everything in the game.

I can live without the archetype weapons but I need those weird outfits.

Man i really screwed up the
Proper Chopper
quest. I REALLY should have checked my "info" before the ending. I thought it was just a throwaway decision. Apparently
the chopper crashed and someone died

I've never considered myself one for hyperbole but holy shit 40 hours in this might be one of my favorite games of all time.

Guys, do I need to buy this game? I'm itching to buy it but I have so many games to play. It's wounding me. It looks so good. I don't know if I have the time right now :(

Riki

Man i really screwed up the
Proper Chopper
quest. I REALLY should have checked my "info" before the ending. I thought it was just a throwaway decision. Apparently
the chopper crashed and someone died

I've never considered myself one for hyperbole but holy shit 40 hours in this might be one of my favorite games of all time.
Someone dies regardless of your choice. You only decide who...

zroid

Banned
Well, in my quest for some spherical EM motors I finally found a route somehow to this part of Noctilum:

know dat feel mang

I didn't venture quite that far but still geez. anyway I got to planting a shit ton of probes in Noctilum so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I'm done with that mission for now though, thankfully it's not an affinity mission.

chimpychi

a little help on something that seems i shouldn't be having trouble with..just finished chapter 3...I can't find Gwin, Irina or Doug...I've read where they are supposed to be but they aren't there..am i doing something wrong or am i forgetting to do something??

Guys, do I need to buy this game? I'm itching to buy it but I have so many games to play. It's wounding me. It looks so good. I don't know if I have the time right now :(

IMO, this game is a must buy for RPG fans that have a WII U. However, LOL, i'm in the same boat as you with having so many games but it is worth it; especially when you can play on the gamepad while a football or hockey game is on TV.

balohna

Started Chapter 4, got ambushed by enemies double my current level along what felt like the right path to take to the first story objective after you cross over into the next region. I guess more side quests for now...

Really liking the game, I almost didn't buy it yet because I wanted to play other stuff I own already. I managed to put in about 11 hours so far and it has gone by very quickly.

At this point the story is a mix of compelling motivation and "what the hell?", but regardless I'm still drawn in by the world.

Also, had a tense moment of a level 81 simian (or whatever they're called) running around by the east gate ready for battle. I was doing a quest that involved being in that area, had to ditch a couple battles when I saw him approaching.

Is the aggro mechanic from the first Xenoblade in this game in a similar form?

It's there, but it's dialed back. It's not as important to manage as it was in XB, for a number of reasons (The biggest one being that characters aren't really as squishy compared to each other as in the first one, and the other one being that enemies don't immediately track you, so you can circle an enemy who is aggroing you for positional benefits). There are a few Taunt skills that immediately pull an enemy's attention, which is most of the aggro management that I've seen.

A couple questions for you folks:

Is there a convenient way to look at all your available party members and their ranks/levels without manually finding them? I'm approaching too many to keep track of.

In the "crafting" are the armor/weapons' materials needed obtained from monsters whose levels are close to the level of the item? I don't want to waste my time if I can't kill the mobs who drop the materials.

Is there any way to find who drops what other than the internet or strategy guide? I know a few quest givers have led me in the direction of where I need to go, but it seems like a lot of blind searching.

finalflame

Guys, I'm doing the "A New Rival" affinity quest. The only task left is "Research", where it says "Earn 3,000 credits from FrontierNav is a single return". The task specifically asks to install Research probes, but does the revenue have to come from research probes? I have a chain of 3 mining probes II, along with 2 research probes and some others scattered, and am totally not sure how much i'm getting in each "return". Halp?

Riki

Guys, I'm doing the "A New Rival" affinity quest. The only task left is "Research", where it says "Earn 3,000 credits from FrontierNav is a single return". The task specifically asks to install Research probes, but does the revenue have to come from research probes? I have a chain of 3 mining probes II, along with 2 research probes and some others scattered, and am totally not sure how much i'm getting in each "return". Halp?
Click on any of the continents on your gamepad map then press the green hex button on the right. It will show you how much cash and Miranium you get per turn on the bottom right.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just unlock as many probes sites as you can and you should get 3000. Look at the gamepad and click on change probe to see how much you are revenue you are generating.

Deku89

It's a blast to play, but a big time sinker. You can spend hours just wandering around, messing with the mechanics, and doing endless side quests. The game also doesn't tell you how to do a lot of stuff, so you have to figure it out (I think that's part of the fun). I'd say go for it, but I'm a bit biased because I'm having a lot of fun and have free time.

finalflame

Click on any of the continents on your gamepad map then press the green hex button on the right. It will show you how much cash and Miranium you get per turn on the bottom right.

Just unlock as many probes sites as you can and you should get 3000. Look at the gamepad and click on change probe to see how much you are revenue you are generating.

Thanks! So if it says Mining Total : 5890 and Revenue Total: 3010, I am bringing in that much Miranium/CR per return? Oddly I had never noticed those numbers.

I swear they needed to have explained all of FrontierNav much better in the beginning.

NeonZ

a little help on something that seems i shouldn't be having trouble with..just finished chapter 3...I can't find Gwin, Irina or Doug...I've read where they are supposed to be but they aren't there..am i doing something wrong or am i forgetting to do something??

Are you really looking at the right place? If you choose on the hexagonal map where they're supposed to be, it should say that the character will be there. Gwin and Irina are on street level, Doug is on the upper floor of the hangar. Alternatively, there's an affinity quest around that point that makes all three of them inaccessible, so if you've started it that might be the problem. Just scout a random Blade member for a while if you want a 4 man party for that quest.

NeonZ

A couple questions for you folks:

Is there a convenient way to look at all your available party members and their ranks/levels without manually finding them? I'm approaching too many to keep track of.

Using the affinity chart you can check their affinity levels, but I don't think you can see their full stats.

In the "crafting" are the armor/weapons' materials needed obtained from monsters whose levels are close to the level of the item? I don't want to waste my time if I can't kill the mobs who drop the materials.

I haven't looked at weapons much, but at least for armor there's no relation between the level of the components and the level of the weapon. You can buy all monster material drops with the multiplayer bonus tickets in your BLADE console (the room with the other player's avatars), but high level ones cost a lot.

Is there any way to find who drops what other than the internet or strategy guide? I know a few quest givers have led me in the direction of where I need to go, but it seems like a lot of blind searching.
The game actually keeps track of that. Face a monster, get a new material drop, then the monster information will list the material in their profile - and not only their own, the material also will be listed for all monsters that drop it.

chimpychi

Are you really looking at the right place? If you click on the hexagonal map where they're supposed to be, it should say that the character will be there. Gwin and Irina are on street level, Doug is on the upper floor of the hangar. Alternatively, there's an affinity quest around that point that makes all three of them inaccessible, so if you've started it that might be the problem. Just scout a random Blade member for a while if you want a 4 man party for that quest.

thanks! that was my error..I selected the affinity quest they were restricted from..haha...

Finalow

goddamn.

I just realized, are ARTS related to weapons only?

I spent 150 BP on some arts, switched class and weapons = all those arts are gone. basically 150 BP wasted, amazing.

Jolkien

goddamn.

I spent 150 BP on some arts, switched class and weapons = all those arts are gone. basically 150 BP wasted, amazing.

If you master the final class in the class ''path'' you can equip those weapon regardless of your class.

Lexxism

it is not always flying if your jump game is patient

I love the jump puzzles in this game

there is one puzzle I have yet to solve that is a strange structure sticking out of a cliff face and has a rupee like shape it has a treasure spot and a cave door but even with a flying skill landing on it I have no clue how to reach the door or treasure

so there are solutions beyond flying, I feel I need to jump away and turn around to land on the lower part or the cave has another opening below

before I was able to fly I was able to reach many areas and Skell jumps open even more areas
Yeah, that was pretty much what I am doing since I got my Skell. Jumping all over the places. It greatly helped me a lot to cover almost all of the places in each region. It's too tiring though

Ulysses 31

goddamn.

Yup, Arts are tied to weapon types so you can't mix any Art you've ever learned.

And you can still use the weapons from other classes while leveling another IIRC.

exfatal

Oh man i found this Orange back gun for my Skell which im pretty sure is some shotgun sniper cause holy hell does it put monster to shame! Its soo good, i instantly spam it when i go "seed" when in battle. Gonna find out name of the weapon too see if anyone else has it too.
Yup, Arts are tied to weapon types so you can't mix any Art you've ever learned.

And you can still use the weapons from other classes while leveling another IIRC.

You can use weapons of the class u mastered regfradless if u switch classes to something else to level up. for example i can use dual guns/swords even though im leveling the spear/sniper class since i mastered the former

Jolkien

Just finished the story. Took me 114 hours and 17 minutes. I finished with a global survey rate of 57.66%.

I'll spoiler tag my impression even though they will be spoiler free.

What a disappointment... Such a paper thin story. When you are in the story it's really great and it hits a lot of good tropes for me. And even with the bare bone story that we got they still filled it with pointless thing like normal quest. With at least a whole chapter being completely useless in term of story. It could've been a normal mission.

The silent protagonist was such a mistake in my opinion. The game also pretty much never acknowledge your fourth party member, it could be a wood stick and we would be none the wiser. I also hate how the game never ''acknowledge'' your skell and are always ignored in cut-scene. I won't talk about the ending here but it was interesting, I liked it.

And with all these shortcomings the game was still fun to play, I wouldn't have put so many hours into it otherwise. I hope if we do get a Xenoblade 3 whether it's a sequel or a spiritual sequel I hope Monolith goes back to a way to portray the story more like the first and less like this game.

Gurrry

WooooooWooowww Wooooww Wow Wowwww!!!

ONE MAN WORRRRRLLLLDDDDD

IM SINGING THIS SONG AND SOMETHING SOMETHING FOREVERRR

WooooWooowww Wooooww Wow Wowwww!!!

(i have no idea what the lyrics are but this song is stuck in my stupid head)

Omzz

this was exactly me last night lol. I didn't even realise I was out of primordia

JulianImp

so what skells do the most dmg? does it only depend on the weapon lvl?

I think it only depends on the weapons. I've been farming some giant overleveled enemy crabs in Oblivia using my skell only thanks to the BFSword that deals >50% damage to them and lets me go for a bind to get the fuel back. Grinding class levels has become a lot easier now I realized I could just beat all four lv 41-45 crabs easily, reset the area and go for it again until I reach my desired class skills.

Perhaps all this random grinding will help me beat the next story boss without having to lower its level after dying too many times to it.

Folks, I've just finished chapter 3 and the more I play the more this game looks awesome!

As pathfinder,I've gone exploring a small part of this world.

Now I would like to stay at home and do all the missions, talk with everybody of NLA. But I'm wondering about the best strategy with divisions:
Shall I go for Mediator before making everything in NLA and then pay for going back to Pathfinders?
Are you sticking always with the same division?

Not_Mario

Neo Member
At what point do you get a quest to get the Skell flight module? Is it after a certain chapter? I'm assuming the flight module isn't an optional thing you could miss.

zma1013

I was fighting one of the story bosses the other day and managed to get it to suicide off the edge of a cliff... then he just instantly respawned back in his normal spot... doh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom