• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

69wpm

What's a quick way to grind to 50 from 44? I badly want a better skell.

ckuxco.jpg

Sorry for the shitty image, I just turned off the game and found this picture online. Basically fast travel to where the arrow points, at least I think that's where I was earlier. There should be an enemy base a bit north with high level Skells flying around (up to level 60). Take them out and watch your level rise. I went to 53 I think before I called it a day.

Someone explain this Shadow Ascuelas mission to me.

I managed to find the cave they're in, but can't reach any of them (even with gunfire) to hit them. Am I missing something?

Ryoku

Oh my god... Noctilum's overworld theme is so amazing. Those first few steps I unknowingly took into what seemed like a random cave as a soothing new song started to play.

Parfait

Postgame friends

Anyone know a good place to hunt non-tyrants for level 60 ground gear? I could specifically use duel guns and a longsword.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's a very common complaint so they're no doubt aware, but I have my doubts that there will be any patches. Hopefully that's not the case though, there are a few seemingly simple quality of life changes they could make that would massively improve the game.
I have a feeling the text is so small because they had to fit as much information as they could

Ice9

After a bumpy start, and much studying up on the game and reading this thread, this game has finally sunk it's hooks into me!

The plot might be weak, but the systems around the game, combat, and charm are enough to keep it afloat.

NXf8NIs.jpg

LowParry

Well cripes. Guess I'm going to need this Y cable for an external harddrive. Guess I'll hold up on playing the game till later. This thread is pure hype. I need to play but I want to do it right. Need dem packs!

Plum

If I swap one type of probe for another do I lose the original? I'm going to start optimizing my probes now I've conquered much of Primordia and Noctilum.

Finished Chapter

The giant boss grounded two out my four Skell team in the fist part, leaving the two pilots grounded.

Thankfully, the second part was easier, didn't damage my other Skells so much, and both having the
G-Buster
weapon certainly helped me in the long run. Bringing down a boss of that size and scale was really satisfying.

But now, before I move on to the next chapter, I have to do an Affinity Mission with a character I never used:
Gwin
. Luckily, I was already doing other missions, including the ones that unlock the remaining Arms Manufacturers, and more Tyrants. So I was power leveling him to 30, more than the required level for that mission.

And I'm already Level 47, so I'm almost ready to wield an L50 Skell.

And leveled up my BLADE rank and was rewarded this:
WVW69ip8rKI8fpmtuY
lol I'm okay with this.

balohna

Why have some reviews/impressions bashed the music? It's genuinely fantastic, IMO. Lyrics in a game soundtrack can be hit or miss, but this one is up there with Persona 4 in the firm "hit" category.

rhandino

Banned
There is never a dull view in this game...

Praised be Meyneth!

That first affinity mission with Lin tho. I didn't have any plans to
leave Primordia
but the good thing is that
the materials from Oblivia are right in the entrance
with the only thing that leaved me scratching my head was the White Cometite but found the mining spot so now I wait... unless there is a process to speed up this thing =3

How hard is it to get coop questing with a friend going? Reading the OP it sounds like you need to be members of a 31 member passive squad then invite 4 people to a real time mission? Is it possible to just invite someone from your friends list/or at least meet up with them in game easily?

Anyone? Just wondering if it's too much of a hassle to grab a friend and do side quests mostly.

Teletraan1

Banned
I was fighting one of the story bosses the other day and managed to get it to suicide off the edge of a cliff... then he just instantly respawned back in his normal spot... doh.

That has happened to me 2x in this game. When you don't have a taunt ability mixed with a bunch of staggering/toppling the enemy keeps getting backed up over cliffs.

I am finally back to where I was approximately before the game dumped me to the Title screen.

k1t4j

My beach ready team reporting for duty. They are a modern take on power rangers. I call them.....

THE BEACH RANGERS!!!!!!111!!!

injIePk.jpg

Kadin

Anyone have a firm understanding of combos? And I'm referring to stuff like 'x happens from a ranged combo' or 'y happens after a melee combo.' I assumed that meant using ranged and or melee arts back to back but I'm not sure it's working like this.

Gotta say, Aerial Cam is actually pretty useful (R+Up) when you need to scope out mining probes. It is one of my favorite features that will probably go unnoticed in this game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone have a firm understanding of combos? And I'm referring to stuff like 'x happens from a ranged combo' or 'y happens after a melee combo.' I assumed that meant using ranged and or melee arts back to back but I'm not sure it's working like this.

A melee combo requires you to use the art after a melee art and a ranged combo requires you to use it after a ranged art.

Xenoboy

I think it means that you should use a ranged attack art or melee attack art before triggering those arts.

Is it ok if I post a few non-spoilery pics here? Good.

It's shopping night in NLA, and this is my main character, Orakio. Yeah, I suck at character creation:

tumblr_nz9su9jZlU1up93fko1_1280.jpg

This is Samus in Oblivia. I'm sure it's her, and if you think otherwise, you're wrong:

tumblr_nzadcyZ6uv1up93fko1_1280.jpg

I can't believe you guys don't like Lin, she's awesome!!!

tumblr_nz9up9Dy6w1up93fko1_1280.jpg

So... freaking... cool. This is too sci-fi, my heart can't take this:

tumblr_nyyt72FJYD1up93fko5_r1_1280.jpg

I love the way Primordia grass gives way to Oblivia sands:

tumblr_nz9q7qgB0K1up93fko1_1280.jpg

Kadin

A melee combo requires you to use the art after a melee art and a ranged combo requires you to use it after a ranged art.

I think it means that you should use a ranged attack art or melee attack art before triggering those arts.

Ah okay that seems pretty simple. Does it have to be immediately after like there's a time limit in case I don't have the triggering art ready to go or does it not matter?

foxuzamaki

So I just defeated shaklashdhdhdhd whatever it's name is my 2nd try and I had a level 14 L on my team, I'm gonna wager a guess that people choose not to fight many tyrants in general for it to get that crown

Vecks

Anyone? Just wondering if it's too much of a hassle to grab a friend and do side quests mostly.

I'm not sure how to explain it but it's not like you can just get your friend to join your world and wander around. It's not that kind of co-op. It's more like monster hunter or PSO, like an instanced dungeon. The missions are confined in areas (you are placed within invisible walls around a specific section of the map). When you invite friends, they go first to the barracks, which acts like a lobby, then when you ready-up, the group is sent straight to the mission area.

foxuzamaki

Is it ok if I post a few non-spoilery pics here? Good.

It's shopping night in NLA, and this is my main character, Orakio. Yeah, I suck at character creation:

tumblr_nz9su9jZlU1up93fko1_1280.jpg

This is Samus in Oblivia. I'm sure it's her, and if you think otherwise, you're wrong:

tumblr_nzadcyZ6uv1up93fko1_1280.jpg

I can't believe you guys don't like Lin, she's awesome!!!

tumblr_nz9up9Dy6w1up93fko1_1280.jpg

So... freaking... cool. This is too sci-fi, my heart can't take this:

tumblr_nyyt72FJYD1up93fko5_r1_1280.jpg

I love the way Primordia grass gives way to Oblivia sands:

tumblr_nz9q7qgB0K1up93fko1_1280.jpg
I think alot of pepole like Lin alot, just not when it involves tatsu haha

Dee Dee

They finished building the water plant outside the city.
When do I get those dark side quest people keep talking about?

Also Elma: spoilers for several early affinity quests

She says we will be surprised when we see her body. And she was riding a twin skell? Something is up.

Wiseblade

So before I take on the final Chapter, I need to know: is there anything that I'll miss if I beat the main story before completing it?

Also, Elma's not human, is she? She's been playing the pronoun game every time she talks about humanity and few comments here and there really have me going especially her "when you see my real body, you're in for a shock!" Comment.

Mupod

for fuck's sake. There's apparently some permanently missable stuff after chapter 9. I had a feeling about it and didn't save, thankfully. Really don't get why we can't have multiple save slots.

Since I'm back to where I was before I started it (spoilers obviously):
Anything I should take care of with Lao? I've got a list of his heart-to-hearts.

Qurupeke

Chapter 12+ spoilers.

Based on the above post... I haven't checked this yet... But Lao is gone for good? Did he have heart to hearts or something that counts on the 100% completion? Also, I'm lucky I didn't use him for my main 4th.

aravuus

So before I take on the final Chapter, I need to know: is there anything that I'll miss if I beat the main story before completing it?

Also, Elma's not human, is she? She's been playing the pronoun game every time she talks about humanity and few comments here and there really have me going especially her "when you see my real body, you're in for a shock!" Comment.

I don't think so, no, pretty sure everything stays the same after beating the main story. Well, you obviously have more to do with all the post-game stuff it unlocks.

And you'll get your answer to the tagged part in chapter 12.

e: Qurupeke raises a good point, though.
I never checked if Lao came back after chapter 12, though I imagine he did.

Wiseblade

Chapter 12+ spoilers.

Based on the above post... I haven't checked this yet... But Lao is gone for good? Did he have heart to hearts or something? Also, I'm lucky I didn't use him for my main 4th.
after chapter 9 he can'tbe a member of your party for story reasons. No idea about after chapter 12.

Is there a reason for continuing to build your characters, upgrade their equipment, etc. after you get the skell license? Because at the moment I don't see any point in fighting enemies without a skell. In a way it almost seems like cheating.

Or, to put it in another way, are there a lot of quests / situations after getting your license where you're prohibited from using your skells?

Astra

Is there a reason for continuing to build your characters, upgrade their equipment, etc. after you get the skell license? Because at the moment I don't see any point in fighting enemies without a skell. In a way it almost seems like cheating.

Or, to put it in another way, are there a lot of quests / situations after getting your license where you're prohibited from using your skells?

There is at least one boss fight where you can't use your Skell. I haven't done any more story after chapter 9, though.

I am barely out of my Skell, either. Battles are just so much faster with that G-Buster, haha. However, there are some situations where you'll want to fight on foot, such as when you want to destroy specific appendages for materials that you can't target in your Skell.

AGoodODST

Do some skell weapons stop you from equipping others?

I got an orange sword weapon that equips in the slot second from top on the right. Yet it automatically unequips anything in the opposite slot.

zroid

Banned
Gotta say, Aerial Cam is actually pretty useful (R+Up) when you need to scope out mining probes. It is one of my favorite features that will probably go unnoticed in this game.

comes in handy for locating treasure sometimes too. not a feature you'll use a lot, but it's good to have.

Two Words

I'm enjoying this game, but how the hell do you make a game in 2015 with absolutely zero audio settings? I can't even hear people during cutscenes if the music is blaring.

You guys can add me: TW0_W0RDS. Those are zeros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom