• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

How long did it take for you guys to get to Chapter 6? I'm playing for aound 17h and I'm still on the 5th main mission. Only discovered skills around two hours ago. So much stuff, it is kind of overwhelming. But at least I'm getting a better grip of combat.

Golnei

But it sounds amazing... yes it is Kobayashi. Anyways, THIS IS THE DAY WE'VE BEEN WAAAAITING FOOOR!?!

It's subjective, of course, but I feel like that's one instance where her delivery just sounds grating and weak. Compare it to Donna Burke's WHOAH-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs in the studio version of Sins of the Father, for example.

Astra

I've been using a longsword and sniper combo, with a focus on the longsword arts.

-True Rising Blade to build TP (the gains are ridiculous at times)

-Shrapnel and Afterburner as ultra burst damage

-Offensive stance along with Breaking Slash to get bigger melee numbers

-Ultraslash followed by Incendiary Edge for even more burst damage

-Eagle Eye to boost ranged

I haven't maxed the sniper class out yet so Eagle Eye will eventually be replaced with Hawkeye for the extra crit and maybe Ghost Sniper for Offensive Stance to help with the TP building. The latter will depend on if the Ghost Sniper aura works on melee attacks.

The burst damage for this build is bonkers and body parts just explode. It's all about positioning though, gotta be behind the enemy. The big money combo is Shrapnel into Afterburner (with Eagle Eye up) into Ultraslash into Incendiary Edge (with Breaking Slash and Offensive Stance up). It takes a lot of set-up to get it optimal but even if you don't or aren't able to, shit just melts.

From what I can tell the sniper rifle arts are really good for bursting down individual parts and boosting damage for your melee arts.

That build sounds amazing for farming mats from monsters.

Where I'm at now with Partisan Eagle, Shrapnel is the only Art I really like. Eagle Eye is pretty good right now, too, but only Elma makes much use of it.

Sounds like it could compliment the knives pretty well, too.

I'll keep levelling it, and see what I have to work with.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Sorry as I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but which Division is most fun? I think I'm going to start with Pathfinder.

It's REALLY inconsequential, unfortunately. I know the game makes a big deal out of this at the beginning of the game... but yeah, it doesn't matter. If you choose the team that's winning right now, Prospectors, you'll get the best reward every day.

But even if you don't - the outcome of your choice only affects the others who find your NPC in their game and choose to have your team's "support".

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That build sounds amazing for farming mats from monsters.

Where I'm at now with Partisan Eagle, Shrapnel is the only Art I really like. Eagle Eye is pretty good right now, too, but only Elma makes much use of it.

Sounds like it could compliment the knives pretty well, too.

I'll keep levelling it, and see what I have to work with.

It's also surprisingly good for dealing with multiple enemies at once, both True Rising Blade and Afterburner deal AOE damage. If I were to replace Offensive Stance with Samurai Soul it'd be AOE king.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If you're looking for collectibles in Oblivia (such as: for the quest to get skell), I found a godsend of a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDHV0QZjpPQ

Location is site 317. (far SE. Or as I think of it, the Florida of Oblivia)
What a coincidence I just looked up where to find beagflea sashes and the wiki said the highest spawn rate is in lake basil, I literally had all of everything else for that quest except none of those

aravuus

Well it was first hinted in like first 5 minutes of prologue and then throughout the game. I would say it's not really a twist

Well yeah, that's what I said

I suppose you could say that, while the fact that there's something different about Elma should be obvious to most players, WHAT Elma is, is a twist. It's a stupid, inconsequential "twist" just for the sake of having ONE MORE TWIST.

It's REALLY inconsequential, unfortunately. I know the game makes a big deal out of this at the beginning of the game... but yeah, it doesn't matter. If you choose the team that's winning right now, Prospectors, you'll get the best reward every day.

But even if you don't - the outcome of your choice only affects the others who find your NPC in their game and choose to have your team's "support".
Thank you!

Last question: I just fought a big monster, and kept failing to topple it. But I couldn't get my guy to stop targeting his back left leg. If I'm attacking this leg, let's say, and I try to topple from behind....does it count me being behind the monster as being behind, or do I have to be behind the back of the leg itself?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thank you!

Last question: I just fought a big monster, and kept failing to topple it. But I couldn't get my guy to stop targeting his back left leg. If I'm attacking this leg, let's say, and I try to topple from behind....does it count me being behind the monster as being behind, or do I have to be behind the back of the leg itself?

There's a small window above the arts pallet that tells you your position relative to the monster.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gotta say, Aerial Cam is actually pretty useful (R+Up) when you need to scope out mining probes. It is one of my favorite features that will probably go unnoticed in this game.
I've been meaning to bring this up but my god I have found the aerial cam so useful, I didn't think it would be and would just be a fun little thing to play around with, but so far like 98% of the time I've used it it's to legit help me scan the area to find something

Miracle

Which Skell weapon do you guys think is better from LV 30-50? The G-Buster or Scythe?

I tried out that G-Buster because of that "holy crap 20k+ force!?" But it seems to only do a quarter of enemy's health in one shot against +10x leveled enemies.

But then I used the Sycthe and that behind damage is INSANE with Background Noise and kills those enemies in either one shot or almost.

Is the G-Buster really that good or am I just using it wrong?

Bump. :(

RagnarokX

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHksddEiBg
OSJcEFM.png

so this quest is asking me to go around and ask ma-non for their measurements so they can make lingerie for them...

Vena

For builds, this is how I roll. Spec into Galactic Knight/Duelist lines to get access to Photon Saber and Assault Rifle. This gives you access to GKs great Auras, Cleanses, and excellent melee combo potential (and some great TP moves). But Galactic Knight is incredibly starved for TP in its standard form (the ranged weapon, I found to be terrible for feeding TP).

These are the abilities:
  • Overclock (Alexa Affinity Skill)
  • Starlight Duster (Doug Affinity Skill)
  • Starfall Rondo (Amazing damage. Comboed + Third Cooldown = 15k per hit. Hits 5 times.)
  • Starfall Blade (Use this to feed all combos. Do not start a melee combo without this first, ever.)
  • Starfall Blossom (TP build from the front)
  • Assault Hammer (Topple, melee combo potential. Immediate reuse on second cooldown)
  • Furious Assult (Incredible TP building, but requires second cooldown. 15 hits * 25/50 TP per hit.)
  • Power Dive (Supercharge, Total Evasion. Survival, drop aggro.)
These are the skills:
  • Supreme Sword
  • Fast Forward
  • (I am leveling another class at the moment to test something, general I will use a four skill slot class. These two are must haves though.)
The problem, largely, is that you are incredibly squishy and you have no self-heals that aren't TP-locked or defensive moves. Third/fourth skill slots can be used to make you even more powerful, or can be used to make you thicker. You also have no AoE, and are incredibly single-target focused.

Zomba13

Where is the best place to level up classes? I'm lvl 45 right now. Is there a place where there are a lot of little critters that spawn that I can just Phoenix, hop out of skell, warp to skell and repeat?

So does anyone have a good guide or location where I can chain together my research probes for a lot of cash? I'm on chapter 9 but still only getting like 28k every 30 mins and I've seen people in much earlier chapters getting over 100k. I just need to know a good location to start and chain them together. If someone has a nice area, could you post a screenshot of the gamepad showing it? Please :)

Zomba13

So does anyone have a good guide or location where I can chain together my research probes for a lot of cash? I'm on chapter 9 but still only getting like 28k every 30 mins and I've seen people in much earlier chapters getting over 100k. I just need to know a good location to start and chain them together. If someone has a nice area, could you post a screenshot of the gamepad showing it? Please :)

This is how I have mine set out. I have one or two other probes in other places that have 2/2 sight seeing places unlocked (in the picture, where there is a node with sight seeing spots I have them all unlocked).

2cUOiFm.jpg

EDIT: Bonus Noctilum pic
B4NezuQ.jpg

And there is a rank 2 probe in a 2/2 sight seeing spot in Cauldros.

I found a way to look up the augments on a weapon. Just go to the AM store and try upgrading the equipment's augments. This way you'll see the current benefit(s), plus a list of all the augments out there. Some are quite powerful--much moreso than just the base stats of a weapon. So some low-level weapons can be massively powerful with the correct augments, outclassing all but the highest-level items.

One thing to keep in mind is that ??? augment upgrades just mean you haven't discovered at least one item required to make it. A vast majority of them will be uncovered by exploring Primordia.

Protip: hold onto items with high upgrade capacities or empty augment slots. They may be useful in the future. (Rarer items generally have more augments/upgrade capacity, from what I've seen.)
"It's not over until the fat baby sings!"
-L, 2015.

2056*

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question to those of yall who have finished the game:

NOBODY could have predicted that wild ending to the end of Xenoblade Chronicles when you were only half way through that story. That's what I love about that game - shit got REAL crazy and the game doesn't nothing to telegraph it.

... Does the same thing happen in X? Are you unable to predict where this thing ends up after halfway through the game? Please spoiler tag your answer for those who simply don't want to know the answer to that question.

No specifics please, obviously.

Qurupeke

I make more than 200K right now,so take a look on this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451

When you're basically done with chains in Oblivia, start finding places with good revenue and many sightseeing spots and add Research Probes there.

Question to those of yall who have finished the game:

NOBODY could have predicted that wild ending to the end of Xenoblade Chronicles when you were only half way through that story. That's what I love about that game - shit got REAL crazy and the game doesn't nothing to telegraph it.

... Does the same thing happen in X? Are you unable to predict where this thing ends up after halfway through the game? Please spoiler tag your answer for those who simply don't want to know the answer to that question.

No specifics please, obviously.
Hmm, not sure what I could answer. It's not reaaally hard to guess the ending but there quite many twists that essentially make some aspects of it unpredictable. Still, the "core" of it, isn't that unexpected after like Chapter 8.

This is how I have mine set out. I have one or two other probes in other places that have 2/2 sight seeing places unlocked (in the picture, where there is a node with sight seeing spots I have them all unlocked).

2cUOiFm.jpg

EDIT: Bonus Noctilum pic
B4NezuQ.jpg

And there is a rank 2 probe in a 2/2 sight seeing spot in Cauldros.

I make more than 200K right now,so take a look on this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188960285&postcount=11451

When you're basically done with chains in Oblivia, start finding places with good revenue and many sightseeing spots and add Research Probes there.

Hmm, not sure what I could answer. It's not reaaally hard to guess the ending but there quite many twists that essentially make some aspects of it unpredictable. Still, the "core" of it, isn't that unexpected after like Chapter 8.

Thanks everyone. I really need more storage/booster/duplicate probes, too lol

Is there some resource that will tell me where all of these Research probes are hiding from me? I want the monehz. I've been picking up as many of the artifacts and shit as I can but it's all just mining probes or crap.

Also do we know the tick times for the Nav bonuses?

Yeah reseach probes seem a lot less common than mining probes honestly. I have mining probes out the ass, but not a ton of research/storage/booster/etc.

Qurupeke

I really hope Research Probes G7+ exist. lol

It's official. Xenoblade chronicles x is my game of the year.

Same, but to be honest I don't think i've played many games that I would nominate. Only Monster Hunter 4, but overall I think I liked X more, just for its epic scale. I played Skyrim a few months ago and it feels the world feels so repetitive, small and empty compared to this. It's really amazing how such a game managed to do that.

Mistle

How long did it take for you guys to get to Chapter 6? I'm playing for aound 17h and I'm still on the 5th main mission. Only discovered skills around two hours ago. So much stuff, it is kind of overwhelming. But at least I'm getting a better grip of combat.

34hrs, between chap 5/6, lvl 23, no skell... you're doing alright!
i've been doing every affinity mission i can, exploring (a lot), and even some normal missions. but i think i'm going to cut back on normal missions, and just get a list online of the best ones, as they take up a lot of time for not much pay off.

etking

Banned
Man, this game has so many missed opportunities, if it would be a little bit more like the original Xenoblade which means:

- clear focus on story
- more and deeper story
- no need for character creation
- affinity and normal missions as part of the main story without heavy restrictions
- quick and easy character switching
- freedom in choosing party members without restrictions or mandatory main character
- more freedom in character selection
- meaningful side characters
- realistic fall damage
- fast travel without the need to use a tablet controller
- unlimited amount of quests to accept
- easy target selection
- better music
- better character design
- better voice acting

it could be the best game ever made. But it is not. They tried to create freedom but achieved the opposite instead.

moolamb

Hello xeno friends! I'm wandering around Headwater Cavern and can't seem to jump up to the tunnel by the pool... Is this exploration for later in the game?

Wagram

Man, this game has so many missed opportunities, if it would be a little bit more like the original Xenoblade which means:

- clear focus on story
- more and deeper story
- no need for character creation
- affinity and normal missions as part of the main story without heavy restrictions
- quick and easy character switching
- freedom in choosing party members without restrictions or mandatory main character
- more freedom in character selection
- meaningful side characters
- realistic fall damage
- fast travel without the need to use a tablet controller
- unlimited amount of quests to accept
- easy target selection
- better music
- better character design
- better voice acting

it could be the best game ever made. But it is not. They tried to create freedom but achieved the opposite instead.

I'm 33 hours in at this point, and i'm just straight fucking bored. It's like a stripped down MMO that doesn't really excel in anything other than being pretty with good voice actors.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm 33 hours in at this point, and i'm just straight fucking bored. It's like a stripped down MMO that doesn't really excel in anything other than being pretty with good voice actors.

lol jeesh, 33 hours? At what point did you first consider you need to stop playing?

I understand you sort of put a "finical commitment" when you purchase a game, but I mean unless you are playing the game for review - it just sounds SILLY to put that kind of time into a game you aren't enjoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom