• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That affinity quest that made swim from Primordia to Sylvalum... Lord help me. It was a pretty cool way to get introduced to the continent though.

Also I luv the Nopon quest where you get introduced to Tatsu's family. Loved the little nudge
where it seemed like they were recycling Riki's backstory of being a 40 year old dad providing for his big family.
(small Xenoblade Riki spoiler). That was cute. Also

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xruxz.jpg

Ayyyyyy.

Edit: lol at the screenshot below me, good timing.

Zafir

Did you guys have to use skells to beat the chapter 7 boss? I wonder if my party level was just too low(25.) I've leveled to 30 since then and wondering if I should try again or buy everyone skells. I really don't know how to use them, though, to be honest. I do a lot less damage when I use the freebie skell.

I don't imagine you have to.

I was level 30-32 and had skells on everyone when I did it, and it was a cake walk. :x

anaron

Yaaaaasss! After nearly 50 hours of getting lost doing side quests, I finally got my first Skell! Went for the Gundam Heavyarms motif since my OC apparently has a Trowa look going on, lol.

W5ujwwFl.jpg

RqU5Vfgl.jpg

7467WL8l.jpg

Bonus shot hiding in sensei's armor.

irYzcq9l.jpg

omg I had no idea the Skell menu was so Xenogears-ey! <3

rhandino

Banned
Oh... so you made the right choice. :(
I spared them.
YOU CAN
SPARE THEM!!??

ashsgxgdjsjdudnjd

Finished chapter 4. The story so far has been very interesting and lol at Monolith Soft for giving players an Avatar but making Elma the main character...

MrPanic

I have off the record for mechanical... I can't ever find the tyrant
This is from memory so bear with me. North-east of the big lake area is a camp where you can change time. Change the clock to just before 5am, then on the platform with all the enemies right next to the camp the tyrant will land in the middle within a minute usually. You should see the tyrant flying in from the lake area.

That affinity quest that made swim from Primordia to Sylvalum... Lord help me. It was a pretty cool way to get introduced to the continent though.
I haven't gotten a quest that requires me to do this yet, but I managed to get to Sylvalum during casual exploring with minimal swimming involved.

zroid

Banned
Thanks. It's still bullshit that you can be just outside trying to get shit done and suddenly be dished an inevitable death.

Switch to a lead character with immunity.

Alternatively: fight things.

Alternatively 2: teleport to change weather.

also get an augment for Storm immunity. Then when it starts you can just pop it into a slot on one of your lead character's armors. that is if fast traveling or sleeping is inconvenient.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This is from memory so bear with me. North-east of the big lake area is a camp where you can change time. Change the clock to just before 5am, then on the platform with all the enemies right next to the camp the tyrant will land in the middle within a minute usually. You should see the tyrant flying in from the lake area.
I have no idea which camp you are referring too

Zafir

So the weather in Oblivia just killed me. What the FUCK? There doesn't seem to be anything I can do.

You can also take cover from the Electro Magnetic Storm in Oblivia. Just stay under an object and you won't get hurt.
What body part of the Copper Cinicula do I have to break in order to get honey oil? I've killed like 6 so far to no avail.

I think it was the head I was focusing when I finally got it. Might be missremembering though.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guys what in the fuck is this
WVW69iqHi7AWpC52p4

I am afraid to go further down this path cause i feel like this is probably some level 1 billion monster and I dont want to lose my skell

foxuzamaki

Oh nice, those creepy statues disappeared at night

LOL. No wonder I can't find the 2nd sightseeing spot in FN site 315.

I won't have any problem finding these spots :D

Yeah, i dont have my jet pack yet and already it makes traversing mountains a damn breeze, you dont even have to be accurate haha

champloo

Greetings! I just started playing this game over the weekend. Here are some questions:
1. Are the data packs ready after downloading them? Stuff pop-in all the time and I'm wondering if my packs are working.
2. Is there any chance that I can make the font bigger? We only have a 32' TV and I have to sit really close to see the text.
3. Where can I find a detailed explanation of the mechanics? There are so many menus to dig into.. I just spam arts during combat right now and it feels like I'm missing a lot.

Greetings! I just started playing this game over the weekend. Here are some questions:
1. Are the data packs ready after downloading them? Stuff pop-in all the time and I'm wondering if my packs are working.
2. Is there any chance that I can make the font bigger? We only have a 32' TV and I have to sit really close to see the text.
3. Where can I find a detailed explanation of the mechanics? There are so many menus to dig into.. I just spam arts during combat right now and it feels like I'm missing a lot.

1. Data packs are for the loading times. There will still be some pop-in when you first load into areas, but I don't think you see it while just traversing.
2. No. Biggest complaint with the game.
3. The in-game manual (in the home menu--read the whole thing) and online, via GAF or otherwise. It's the Dark Souls of Xeno games.

Shun

Guys what in the fuck is this
WVW69iqHi7AWpC52p4

I am afraid to go further down this path cause i feel like this is probably some level 1 billion monster and I dont want to lose my skell

spoilers

it's a zombie. there is a zombie apocalypse side quest in the game.

Gotchaye

is there a guide for all stats and stuff? i doubled the attack stat of the lvl 20 skell and theres no dmg increase

Not that I've seen. I'm not sure if Skell melee/ranged damage counts for much or even anything at all for their arts. Note that even if Art damage is just the Art's force plus the relevant attack stat the damage is typically going to be dominated by the Art's force. It seems like the way to go with Skells, I guess until late-game when you can kit them out with lots of augments, is to use weapons that benefit from damage bonuses in your armor.

champloo

1. Data packs are for the loading times. There will still be some pop-in when you first load into areas, but I don't think you see it while just traversing.
2. No. Biggest complaint with the game.
3. The in-game manual (in the home menu--read the whole thing) and online, via GAF or otherwise. It's the Dark Souls of Xeno games.

Thanks! I guess I'm exaggerating about the pop-ins. It is mostly when I go through the gates.

foxuzamaki

So guys, how high a level enemies can my starting skell take on? I can take on like level 40 and level 50 monsters as long as their small, right?

spoilers

it's a zombie. there is a zombie apocalypse side quest in the game.

Is that the water plant sidequest?, I got overwhelmed by the 3 big ones which I could probably handle now, especially since i have a skell

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Early Chapter 5 spoilers; I need help:

I destroyed 2 out of 3 turrets, but the last one is deep into a base FILLED with these xenoforms. The first two I stealthily destroyed without having to fit any other enemies at the same time, but this one seems to auto-aggro two guards right next to it. Any tips here? My party is all Lv.20 but I keep getting my ass handed to me in the first 20 seconds.

Jump up along the cliffs, when you engage you will fight 3 of them. Target the turret, make sure all your team target the turret. Battle ends when turret destroyed, ignore the other 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom