• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

denshuu

Guys what in the fuck is this
WVW69iqHi7AWpC52p4

I am afraid to go further down this path cause i feel like this is probably some level 1 billion monster and I dont want to lose my skell

Go beat the crap out of him. If you get a Perfect on the B prompt when your skell blows up, you don't lose any skell insurance.

Jims

*exploring more of Noctilum to get to 20% survey rate*

...Wait, why is everything blue?

(This game, man. This game.)

They really do. Wait till you have to help fake a pregnancy in this game. Seriously.

Oblivia and Sylvalum should have them

That one was hilarious

Also, rearranged my frontier nav, now making over 200k credits each time, and over 50k miranium :D, capable of storing more than 50 k as well

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Going into Sylvalum with your very first Skell is the video game equivalent of Jackass.

Ive come to realize this, but I need to get to couljons and I wanted to get there fast, i was just gonna surf on the water there the whole way, but I figured I might aswell take this opportunity to set some more probes down along the way.

Beats

well, here's me testing my overdrive damage on a level 68 tyrant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9eDelRPnqY

I think I can regain enough TP with True Stream Edge, Tornado Blade and the Soul Voice/Challenge stuff to get a second overdrive once the first one is over. Irina also helps sometimes with Last Stand for a 1.75k TP gain. Ultraslash should've done more at the end there, but I forgot to position myself properly. lol

Shun

well, here's me testing my overdrive damage on a level 68 tyrant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9eDelRPnqY

I think I can regain enough TP with True Stream Edge, Tornado Blade and the Soul Voice/Challenge stuff to get a second overdrive once the first one is over. Irina also helps sometimes with Last Stand for a 1.75k TP gain. Ultraslash should've done more at the end there, but I forgot to position myself properly. lol

Yup Overdrive combos are the most fun and deal the most damage in the game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Since i edited in late, here's my question again
So guys, how high a level enemies can my starting skell take on? I can take on like level 40 and level 50 monsters as long as their small, right?

Kinsei

Banned
Since i edited in late, here's my question again
So guys, how high a level enemies can my starting skell take on? I can take on like level 40 and level 50 monsters as long as their small, right?

What skell? Do you mean the level 20 one you get once you get your license? If so the hell no, level 32-35 at most.

Kinsei

Banned
Ok, good to know, so keep driving away from them like I always have.

Yep,. Once you get a level 30 skell from the shop and equip some gear on it then you'll be able to take those things on. That thing is like jumping 30 levels when compared to the level 20 skell you have.

black_clavus

Neo Member
I'm 50 Hours in game, level 30, finished chapter 6, but still no skell
a monster for proficiency exam refuse to appear :(

There's normal quest which follow ball just lead me into nothing, waited like 24 hours but nothing appear lol

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm 50 Hours in game, level 30, finished chapter 6, but still no skell
a monster for proficiency exam refuse to appear :(

There's normal quest which follow ball just lead me into nothing, waited like 24 hours but nothing appear lol
Oh yeah, I remember that. Keep fast traveling to that spot and it will appear.

finalflame

Jump up along the cliffs, when you engage you will fight 3 of them. Target the turret, make sure all your team target the turret. Battle ends when turret destroyed, ignore the other 2

Thanks, this is kinda what i did. I was actually able to get all the way up and use ranged to kill the turret from the ledge below (kinda cheesy) and not aggro the 2 guards. Got I hated this part.

It was really just the first part of Chapter 9 that kicked my ass. I beat the second part without too much issue (although the end got dicey somewhat).

The two cat people could do some crazy combos that did SO much damage to me. I had to go back to a previous class that I had maxed out (Galaxy Knight FTW) because my other one just wasn't pumping out enough damage fast enough. To be fair, I was also having to use a lower level 4th character since my regular 4th guy (Lao) wasn't part of the mission. And my partners kept wasting TP by reviving her instead of saving it for me lol.

Question about later in the game:

Can I count on having Lao as an option for Chapters 10-12 or should I level up Irina or someone else?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I maxed out all my classes to level 10 by farming a level 90 mob lol. I love that augments stack and you can do some crazy damage to specific monsters. The game has a lot of depth.

Has anyone posted the prices of level 60 skells?

You can't buy them. They require Miranium to develop. Ares90 requires 100k Miranium so have those storage probes handy.

Somnid

I'm on the side quest where you help Lao's team. The boss sucks. It usually goes well until he gets to about 25% and then starts using his move that does like 90% damage repeatedly and kills me. I can't figure out what to do. I spend the entire battle targeting his arms and nothing.

Finalow

now it's gonna cost me 200k-300k to buy new equipment for the whole party. should I just ignore that and save up for a Skell instead?

also, are there any "GAF Squads" I could join? I suppose I need to add a bunch of people? Every time I join a random squad we don't come even close to finish a mission.
anyone ((

Kinsei

Banned
I'm on the side quest where you help Lao's team. The boss sucks. It usually goes well until he gets to about 25% and then starts using his move that does like 90% damage repeatedly and kills me. I can't figure out what to do. I spend the entire battle targeting his arms and nothing.

I attacked its right arm (the one it uses to block) until it broke and then focused on the face.

Pretty sure you have to make them with materials and miranium, you can't just buy them in the shop

I maxed out all my classes to level 10 by farming a level 90 mob lol. I love that augments stack and you can do some crazy damage to specific monsters. The game has a lot of depth.

You can't buy them. They require Miranium to develop. Ares90 requires 100k Miranium so have those storage probes handy.

100 fucking K? At a time? LAWL

Regardless from what I've read the level 60 skell is largely to fight the super high level bosses. Once I beat the story and do the affinity/normal missions I care to do I think that might be it for me anyways. So maybe I won't suffer over it.

This unfortunately means I gotta spend a buttload of money. Like 10 million+ haha. Hopefully I find some more research probes soon haha.

Not that I've seen. I'm not sure if Skell melee/ranged damage counts for much or even anything at all for their arts. Note that even if Art damage is just the Art's force plus the relevant attack stat the damage is typically going to be dominated by the Art's force. It seems like the way to go with Skells, I guess until late-game when you can kit them out with lots of augments, is to use weapons that benefit from damage bonuses in your armor.
Skell damage works just like on foot, there just isn't any multiplier for the Skell arts(probably). It's SkellAtkStat + SkellWpnAtk, ranging between the weapon's stability. Resistances, criticals and multipliers from bonuses work the same as on foot after that, as far as I know.
does anyone know the location of the sightseeing spot for fn 222? its in the south of noctilum
Try looking for a path into the mountains southeast of the Whale's Nostril camp.

eRonin

Finally ready to take on the Skell Licence exams. Two exams got knocked out as soon as I started, hehe. Hopefully I can finish in the next day or two, since I'm flying to see my parents in a couple of days and won't be taking my Wii U.

I can feel it. I'm so close.

ike_

Can anyone shed light on who I should be leveling with my main party so I don't have to grind a ton later?

I don't know about levels, but I've heard you want to get at least 1 heart of affinity with
Gwin
for story mission progress later on. Can't confirm that yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom