• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be there only at a certain time or weather. I killed him today, I am not sure but I think it was in the evening, maybe between 5-9pm? I also had to reload a couple of times and that Tyrant was a small LV18 enemy think.

I'll give this a try, thanks! :)

JulianImp

And while there's a few tracks here I'd easily count among those of the first game, you're right that the way sound cues are handled in cutscenes is utterly bizarre. Specific scoring like the Telethia theme aside, the vocal themes in cutscenes tend to be arbitrary and clumsy, actively working against the scenes they play across.

Yeah, this is something that had me scratching my head several times throughout cutscenes. We'd get an obviously dramatic cutscene with action-ish music, or a sad and somber song while nothing particularily sad was going on. The game also often does close-ups or reaction shots of characters, which is weird since its animation system doesn't appear to be robust enough to produce subtle movements for the most part.

While having random guest characters show up during briefing and end-of-mission cutscenes, I don't think it would've helped sell me on the party at all. For example, the whole thing about
Lao's possible betrayal
in chapter 9 was awfully handled, since we didn't even get the obvious
confrontation between Elma and Lao's restored mim
. Rather than that, we had
Elma comment about Lao possibly being a double agent to a third party, and we didn't even get to see what happened when Lyn went up to Lao and he saw her face again after expecting that he had sent Elma's party to their doom.

It's a really fun open-world game anyway, but story and mood-wise it can't hold a candle to the original Xenoblade. At all.

finalflame

Early Chapter 5 spoilers; I need help:

I destroyed 2 out of 3 turrets, but the last one is deep into a base FILLED with these xenoforms. The first two I stealthily destroyed without having to fit any other enemies at the same time, but this one seems to auto-aggro two guards right next to it. Any tips here? My party is all Lv.20 but I keep getting my ass handed to me in the first 20 seconds.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I destroyed 2 out of 3 turrets, but the last one is deep into a base FILLED with these xenoforms. The first two I stealthily destroyed without having to fit any other enemies at the same time, but this one seems to auto-aggro two guards right next to it. Any tips here? My party is all Lv.20 but I keep getting my ass handed to me in the first 20 seconds.

the last one is pretty easy to stealth, really, its just it being on a cliff is the annoying part.

Chapter 10 is wrecking me, any tips?

I have 4 skells, currently working to replace the level 20 skell however I'm afraid that won't be enough. I've been able to steamroll just about everything in my skell but I can't even manage to get Zu Pharg below 50%.

The shop doesn't have anymore upgrades to offer as far as I can tell. The G Buster hits hard but it's not carrying me through this fight. The only thing I can think to do (barring lowering the difficulty) is to stock up on Skell Patches and 2 or 3 to get me through the fight. Help!

Are you killing the grunts it sends out? They die really easily, but if you ignore them the fight is orders of magnitude harder

Tips for the chapter 12 boss fights anyone? I've even brought the difficulty down and my whole party's at least 50.

I'm at what I'm assuming is Loa's final boss encounter, where I've found out that he takes away your skell fuel. Fighting him on foot goes okay but once he summons the exta thing it usual ends up killing one or two of my party members, or just killing me. Any tips for that fight?

I ended up using the make the boss easier option, because honestly I had the same issue (although the fact I hadn't update my ground gear in a while probably contributed)

I also switched back to a class I had maxed from the one I was leveling (I used to duelist)

Dad

So do Skells basically make ground gear obsolete outside of a few main missions? I'm getting ready to hit level 30 and really start investing in Skell stuff for the first time

JulianImp

I managed to beat that part by kiting enemies and killing them one by one so that I'd get auto-healed between battles. It took me a while, but I think I was able to take out the enemies that'd always spot me and ignore the rest to get to the turret. I think you can actually pass the mission if you manage to take the turret down even if you end up dying in combat afterwards, because in a specific mission I was able to get the enemy drops I needed from lone lv19 enemies surrounded by lv45+ beasts that ripped me to shreds in a matter of seconds).

Narras

Finished up to chapter 4 in this game and I've got to say this game is so much fun. I love seeing how the entire regions are all connected and nothing is stopping you from exploring them. The battle system is pretty nifty, too. Obviously, it's like the first Xenoblade, but it's got so much more to play around with.

Also, I can't wait to get my hands on a Skell. My brother's past chapter 5 and all he's been doing is rushing to get one. LOL

So do Skells basically make ground gear obsolete outside of a few main missions? I'm getting ready to hit level 30 and really start investing in Skell stuff for the first time

Kind of yeah. Though there are points where you can't use skells, including caves and such, and keep in mind skell fuel can run low if you never go on the ground

Vena

Kind of yeah. Though there are points where you can't use skells, including caves and such, and keep in mind skell fuel can run low if you never go on the ground

Outside of the late-late post game Skells, you can out damage Frame-50s with ground skills.

JulianImp

Does your armor weight have any effect in battle? I know it reduces evasion the heavier you go like in the original game, but is it by much?

I think armor weights don't do that anymore. Lighter armors tend to have more resistances, while heavier ones tend to focus on the defense stat alone. I still haven't learned which type is better for different kinds of encounters, though...

Ozium

Could've sworn I took those out, I'll make sure to bring em down asap next time. Thanks

once you do it will stay like that and even if you die/restart you will be back at that point, you can even go back to the barracks to reclaim lost skells or refuel them..

solaaire

Neo Member
Are you killing the grunts it sends out? They die really easily, but if you ignore them the fight is orders of magnitude harder

yeah, i've been focusing the adds as soon as they spawn. I've been crushing through pretty much everything with the skells so far and this fight brickwall'd me so hard I figured I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not so sure thats the case anymore. I think I'm gonna farm a bit more and come back later.

TheMink

Sorry if I'm just a moron, I literally cannot figure out how to start chapter 4. It says I need 15% and two quests completed before that but I can't find ghe quests.... Also I ran around the world trying to discover stuff but it apperently wasn't enough...

There are still certain caves I believe where you can't enter with Skells.

Also, in certain cases ground based exploration into dangerous areas (for stealth and losing Skell prevention)

You do still want to update ground stuff tho as some enemies outright make you leave your Skell. Ground combat is more exciting anyway.

I wish in the next one they give each character a specific type of mech so they can improve on the animations and make them feel as mobile as they do it the action cutscenes. (I mean ground combat has some cool ass animation, really a shame Skell combat feels so janky)

Finalow

I think armor weights don't do that anymore. Lighter armors tend to have more resistances, while heavier ones tend to focus on the defense stat alone. I still haven't learned which type is better for different kinds of encounters, though...
light armor can be upgraded more times. and I believe that's pretty much the only reason why you'd want to use it instead of heavy ones.

so during early game heavy armor is the way to go.

Vena

I definitely can't because I made a tank character that does fuck all for damage output. Skells might be my salvation here

In that case, yes. If you want an ultra-aggressive damage build, look back a few pages to my one post. That can give you an idea. That build, for me, out-damages my 50-Frame Skell. It just doesn't have the same burst potential as a Skell.

In terms of one-shitting weaklings, Skell is the way to go but I fight most Tyrants on the ground where I can afford to lose Captures.

solaaire

Neo Member
Sorry if I'm just a moron, I literally cannot figure out how to start chapter 4. It says I need 15% and two quests completed before that but I can't find ghe quests.... Also I ran around the world trying to discover stuff but it apperently wasn't enough...

You need to talk to Eleonora and Kirsty in the administrative district, they'll give you those quests.

Ozium

after chapter 10 and before I do 11 I decided to do all the normal missions and affinity missions available and this means I have to grind affinity for like 7 ppl

:(

Dad

In that case, yes. If you want an ultra-aggressive damage build, look back a few pages to my one post. That can give you an idea. That build, for me, out-damages my 50-Frame Skell. It just doesn't have the same burst potential as a Skell.

In terms of one-shitting weaklings, Skell is the way to go but I fight most Tyrants on the ground where I can afford to lose Captures.

I think I've just sank too much BP into tank arts at this point for respecing my character to be feasible without a lot of grinding. Thanks for the help though

Question regarding the sightseeing spots. Are they usually found on the hexagon where you put the probes or can they also be on the neighboring hexagons?

Vecks

I think the survey rate is based on the completion of the segments. So landmarks probably aren't as important as planting probes, examining treasures, and killing tyrants.

PetrCobra

You already know about the quests. To improve your % rating, don't just discover stuff - place probes and where possible, do the thing that you're supposed to do in a hexagon. Like, when there's a "treasure" mark, there is a chance you can find a treasure that you're able to collect (I suppose at this stage your field skill levels are not too high but try anyway) and if it's the ONE it will increase the percentage as well.

but... how? Don't tell me that potential alone did this...

Anyone know where the Tyrant is that is at the very southern edge of Sylvalum? I think it's Yune, the Ambusher, but I'm not sure. I'd like to complete that segment, but I can't find any Tyrant there day or night.
If you're talking about the one south of 403, it's Stola, the Champion. A Liceor that only shows up during crimson auroras.

Chapter11/Postgame spoilers

Ok, I'm finding something really odd here. Cross acting out like that at the end in regards to Lao without any prompt from the player felt insanely off. Not to mention he was absent during the whole scene with Lin epilogue and Elma looking out to the city. Makes me wonder....

finalflame

There is a trick to it. Whenever there's a sandstorm, just refresh that location a couple of times, and the weather will reset.

Fast travel can change the weather in an instant. Also, if there's a shelter like the ones in enemy bases you can stay there to avoid damage.

Thanks. It's still bullshit that you can be just outside trying to get shit done and suddenly be dished an inevitable death.

burgerdog

Did you guys have to use skells to beat the chapter 7 boss? I wonder if my party level was just too low(25.) I've leveled to 30 since then and wondering if I should try again or buy everyone skells. I really don't know how to use them, though, to be honest. I do a lot less damage when I use the freebie skell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom