• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips for the chapter 12 boss fights anyone? I've even brought the difficulty down and my whole party's at least 50.

I'm at what I'm assuming is Loa's final boss encounter, where I've found out that he takes away your skell fuel. Fighting him on foot goes okay but once he summons the exta thing it usual ends up killing one or two of my party members, or just killing me. Any tips for that fight?

I pretty much ignore the adds when I fight that boss... it works for me haha
probably remove tp skills from your party members so that they can conserve tp for revive if you haven't tried it yet

Astral Dog

A lot of the quests as well as the main story have cool stuff happen in concept. I just think the execution is really weak. It feels rough, awkward, and boring. Xenoblade Wii had its awkward moments but it felt much stronger overall. The story has really sapped my enjoyment of this game. I gladly did all that grinding in the original Xenoblade because I wanted to see all the heart to hearts and rebuild Colony 6. By comparison I really couldn't care less about any of X's characters or the plot, and especially the Affinity missions. X has a few funny lines of dialogue and some quirky characters but other than that it feels soulless.

It makes me think of that FFXV vs Xenoblade X thread, at least we know FFXV will have a lot of care put in its characters/storyline, even if it turns out a mess, and everything else will be high quality..wich leaves this game strongest point, the battle system.

Hell i think i enjoyed the FFXIII game (2) i played more than this and thats a big surprise coming from Xenoblade.

Do you mean ground gear starter weapons? Because, AFAIK, default gear will be equipped if you have nothing in that slot, regardless of its status in your inventory.

Not that I actually know how to unequip items... just change them.
just changed items and the old one dissapeared, i guess that just happens.

Anyone else feel XBX is structured very much like an anime season? You get a bunch of one shots and day in the life style episodes, followed by a big plot episode, rinse and repeat.

Press X --> select "remove gear"

more useful for Fashion Gear than Primary Gear

Well that was deceptively simple. Bah.

Thanks!
Anyone else feel XBX is structured very much like an anime season? You get a bunch of one shots and day in the life style episodes, followed by a big plot episode, rinse and repeat.

The thought crossed my mind, yeah. Some of the missions could be like an episode. A lot of it is filled in by the player, but the structure is definitely there.

Vecks

Hb8e4wZ.jpg

Kii!

Those sidequest in NLA... some are hilarious but some are kind of fucked up like the one in which someone send you to
clear a cave full of Baby pigs... and then the mother appear... and then the quest giver stars to babble about how fucked up the whole situation is.

Oh... so you made the right choice. :(
I spared them.

Absolutely. That's one of the things I really love about this game. It's very serialized in the way it handles content progression with affinity missions and whatnot. A lot of the affinity missions feel like good anime filler, and I say that in the best way possible.

Nose Master

Should I not be leveling any arts and banking my BP for when I find one that I legitimately enjoy? Drifter(?)'s skills are my favorite out of the first four (3) options, but it seems silly to stick with that.

I don't know what I'm really doing in this. The only time I'm really enjoying it is when I just pick a direction and bumble off and fight things. The quests and everything else are so bland.

The map system is really weird, also. I've read the manual, and I still don't really understand it all that well.

Should I not be leveling any arts and banking my BP for when I find one that I legitimately enjoy? Drifter(?)'s skills are my favorite out of the first four (3) options, but it seems silly to stick with that.

I don't know what I'm really doing in this. The only time I'm really enjoying it is when I just pick a direction and bumble off and fight things. The quests and everything else are so bland.

The map system is really weird, also. I've read the manual, and I still don't really understand it all that well.

There is an infinite number of bp in the game including an easy to repeat mission in the post game that'll give you 60 a pop. I'd say leveling any art or skill to 3 is pretty safe/cheap to play around with the various arts/skills to find a build you like once you find it you should try and get those skills as high level as possible.

You can generally up your skills to level 2 to 3 without worriying too much as BP costs are still low at that stage.

What do you enjoy about Drifter that you don't enjoy about the other classes? We might be able to help you pick a class from there.

Beats

Postgame people:

I hear theres a mission that nets you 300k yennies and 30k mirawhatever. Where do I get it?

Check the Support Missions at the Blade Console in the Barracks. There are a ton of quests that give you different rewards.

Venfayth

Check the Support Missions at the Blade Console in the Barracks. There are a ton of quests that give you different rewards.

These are all way less than that. I thought maybe it was something else since the post I saw seemed to claim it was at the same time. Does it come with the higher level ones? I'm only level 55ish now

desu

Woah, that Skell is slick as fuck, where'd you get that!?

Its a post story crafted frame (you get the blue print once the story is finished).

And apparently its a spoiler so I haven't posted any pics of mine (nor mentioned its full name again).

Ah the P
rone sweet prone
quest is mean. I understand I have to get a key from a level 19 enemy. The difficulty is reaching him without aggroing a load of level 49 Zigs (which have insane vision and sound sensitivity). My only hope is jump in there with a skell, knock the guy out (hope that triggers the item being obtained) then get KOd myself.
That works. Upon respawn the loot screen from the dead enemy pops up and you get your key. Come to think of it there might have been another enemy further away that I could have gone against who wasn't as heavily guarded.

I liked the cutscene that happened in that quest. Please tell me that
jaw drop facial expression
turns up elsewhere.

Something fishy's going on here...

kbo8o3q.jpg
Scout both of them :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I absolutely was thinking this, especially when i did the day and the life affinity mission

Zafir

That works. Upon respawn the loot screen from the dead enemy pops up and you get your key. Come to think of it there might have been another enemy further away that I could have gone against who wasn't as heavily guarded.

I liked the cutscene that happened in that quest. Please tell me that
jaw drop facial expression
turns up elsewhere.

Scout both of them :p

It's not the first time I've seen that expression from what I remember. :p

BY2K

Membero Americo

I JUST did the "Day in a Life" affinity quest and it's exactly like some random episode in an anime that actually gives a character some backstory.

It's kind of amazing.

someone found me :>

CWIcn71UYAAYzUw.jpg:orig

I'm gonna need your NNID.

Venfayth

I mean.. Sometimes complaining about a 'spoiler' being posted makes a bigger deal out of the thing than it actually is. I try to be super careful because I know people are touchy, but what was posted is really not that big of a deal.

solaaire

Neo Member
Chapter 10 is wrecking me, any tips?

I have 4 skells, currently working to replace the level 20 skell however I'm afraid that won't be enough. I've been able to steamroll just about everything in my skell but I can't even manage to get Zu Pharg below 50%.

The shop doesn't have anymore upgrades to offer as far as I can tell. The G Buster hits hard but it's not carrying me through this fight. The only thing I can think to do (barring lowering the difficulty) is to stock up on Skell Patches and 2 or 3 to get me through the fight. Help!

I JUST did the "Day in a Life" affinity quest and it's exactly like some random episode in an anime that actually gives a character some backstory.

It's kind of amazing.

Lol I think it's that affinity quest that really hammers the structure home. I just did it last night as well.

Personally though, I was starting to get an inkling as to this game's anime inspirations around then time I did the Ties That Bind mission.

Anyone know where the Tyrant is that is at the very southern edge of Sylvalum? I think it's Yune, the Ambusher, but I'm not sure. I'd like to complete that segment, but I can't find any Tyrant there day or night.

Astra

I mean.. Sometimes complaining about a 'spoiler' being posted makes a bigger deal out of the thing than it actually is. I try to be super careful because I know people are touchy, but what was posted is really not that big of a deal.

That's something I'd rather discover for myself, but I'm not very bothered by it.

Now it's simply something to look forward to.

Blues1990

I have 4 skells, currently working to replace the level 20 skell however I'm afraid that won't be enough. I've been able to steamroll just about everything in my skell but I can't even manage to get Zu Pharg below 50%.

The shop doesn't have anymore upgrades to offer as far as I can tell. The G Buster hits hard but it's not carrying me through this fight. The only thing I can think to do (barring lowering the difficulty) is to stock up on Skell Patches and 2 or 3 to get me through the fight. Help!

What level are your characters at? I didn't attempt fighting that boss until I was in the high 40's.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I'm there to but leveling up my character

What level are you?
What level are your characters at? I didn't attempt fighting that boss until I was in the high 40's.

I did somewhat decent at level 31, got tit half way too

desu

Anyone know where the Tyrant is that is at the very southern edge of Sylvalum? I think it's Yune, the Ambusher, but I'm not sure. I'd like to complete that segment, but I can't find any Tyrant there day or night.

He might be there only at a certain time or weather. I killed him today, I am not sure but I think it was in the evening, maybe between 5-9pm? I also had to reload a couple of times and that Tyrant was a small LV18 enemy think.

Ozium

if it is still in the air flying around then focus on those sattelite dish things, once those are destroyed it will take its 2nd form

solaaire

Neo Member
I'm level 38, but I was under the impression that character level was irrelevant as long as you met the requisite level to pilot the skells. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom