• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

Why y'all hate Tatsu? If it wasn't for him, your life would be a total bore.

Like not getting your arm ripped off. Or not getting mobbed by the tainted because of his stupidity lol.

Golnei

I fucking hate Tatsu. I'd take Riki back in a heartbeat.

Tatsu took me from being lukewarm-at-best towards Riki to actively begging for him to come back. He's that bad.

tatsu is the worst.

Literally every. single. fucking. Noppon is better than him.

I'd kill and eat tatsu if it meant I could bring lularita in my party.

I think Koko's more endearing. The only bad thing about her is that she gave birth to that disgrace.

Shun

Just so everyone knows, Sylvalum isn't snow or even ice. If that wasn't apparent at first.

It's a land covered in spores/ash.

Fuck Tatsu and his cringey, terrible, weird lines. I hate him. I wish there was a sidequest to permanently kill him off. Or bake him.

Every single story mission beginning cutscene

Lin: What eat?

(choose)

Lin: aight

Tatsu: What cook?

Lin: hurrr hurrr Tatsu

Tatsu: Tatsu not for eating

(somewhere among the Wii U owners who owns this, a single dude is laughing everytime he hears this exchange)

Tatsu took me from being lukewarm-at-best towards Riki to actively begging for him to come back. He's that bad.

I think Koko's more endearing. The only bad thing about her is that she gave birth to that disgrace.
I'd take Koko too. Mamapons are tough.

Zomba13

Tatsu is fine. It's Lin that is terrible. All the worst Tatsu things come from Lin being "lol you food lol ololololololol".

I've just found Tatsu and brought him back to my house.

Looks like he could be in Monster Hunter.

I don't fully understand the combat system but I am loving it.

finalflame

Tatsu is fine. It's Lin that is terrible. All the worst Tatsu things come from Lin being "lol you food lol ololololololol".

The worst Tatsu things come from Tatsu opening his mouth, ever. Ever. E.v.e.r.

Lin is fine, she's a child. Tatsu is stupid, unfunny, AND a self-centered asshole.

Riki is the one true Heropon.

#teamRiki

Firehead

No matter how annoying Oblivia's random lightning storms are, they always look awesome.
lw6ZTua.jpg

And I love that the option to use fashion gear exists.

cY7L5iH.jpg

Dad

(choose)

(somewhere among the Wii U owners who owns this, a single dude is laughing everytime he hears this exchange)

Chapter 8 is my favorite so far because it interrupts this bullshit

Sylvanum was great for me because it stormed the entire way there and the fog parted right when I was crossing the final land bridge with the continent in sight. It was kind of magical.

Chapter 8 is my favorite so far because it interrupts this bullshit

My dream is that at the end of the game a piece of debri is gonna hit someone important and you get the choice
[see what happens]

[throw Tatsu at the projectile to prevent it from hitting people that matter]

Then tatsu gets hit. And as he's dying he whispers for you to come closer
closer

"Now... tatsu is for eating"

Then the final scene is everyone having a party having some Tat-stew

Dad

My dream is that at the end of the game a piece of debri is gonna hit someone important and you get the choice

closer

I would be willing to do every single shitty quest on the BLADE board to make this come true

finalflame

closer

I'd pay for this DLC.

Astral Dog

So, I just about always hate comic relief characters in RPGs....
latest

But fuck me if Tatsu ain't awesome and fun. Someone give that potato a gun and let him join the squad!

Im scared of this beast, Lin is just annoying, Elma is as interesting as watching paint dry, the Avatar is just an Avatar in the end and...big dissapointment with the characters overall,i guess the villains were "ok", Lao, Commander Vanham, and L, were the best, but thats not saying much :(

KarmaCow

Could someone please explain divisions. Do they each have their own quests? And should you stick to one?

It means very little, don't worry about it. It's mostly just a way to compete against other people by collectively getting the most points per day for each division. Honestly the main benefit is that joining the top division gives out the most rewards everyday, but even those are fairly minimal. There is nothing locked to any specific division AFAIK, and even if there was you can easily switch between them.

Could someone please explain divisions. Do they each have their own quests? And should you stick to one?

1. No, you can do missions for any division at any point in the mission board. You just get a bit more points for doing missions for your own division vs another.

2. Sticking to one you like is basically depending on what you need. Does the base bonus for that division sound appealing to you? Or would you rather have the division bonuses you get every day from a particular one?

But you can switch whenever you want to, there's no issue.

Only real problem I'm having is trying to get my exploration percentage up in order to get further missions. Like I'm going to the areas the handheld screen says I haven't activated yet, exploring and using the camera to explore evwey part of that area but I can't seem where to install the probe. There's no beam of light anywhere.

have not missed the breast slider since my all ladies team looks great AKA Tatsu's Angels

but damn the Japanese version must be insane if the default was the middle of the slider

finalflame

Only real problem I'm having is trying to get my exploration percentage up in order to get further missions. Like I'm going to the areas the handheld screen says I haven't activated yet, exploring and using the camera to explore evwey part of that area but I can't seem where to install the probe. There's no beam of light anywhere.

Some are in caves or very high peaks.

have not missed the breast slider since my all ladies team looks great AKA Tatsu's Angels

but damn the Japanese version must be insane if the default was the middle of the slider

I had almost forgotten about the breast slider removal until now. Man. What a shame.

KarmaCow

They can be in caves or under overhangs as well. There are also some that are simply not possible to get until you have a flying Skell so don't stress it too much.

AniHawk

what's the magic button i need to push to pull the camera away from my character? it's way too close and everything gets pretty wonky pretty quick.

KarmaCow

what's the magic button i need to push to pull the camera away from my character? it's way too close and everything gets pretty wonky pretty quick.

Hold L and move the control stick up/right and down/left to zoom in and out. L also recenters the camera behind the characters back. The default camera speed is very slow though.

Gotchaye

That's about what I've got. I make about 32k a pop, any more than that seems like it would take a crazy amount of optimization.

The main thing with the Storage probes is that Boosters and Duplicators work on them. Duplicators also duplicate Boosters. So for example there's a really obvious Duplicator spot in Oblivia - it's got 2 Sightseeing spots and 4 connections to other nodes. Say you put a Duplicator there, a G2 Booster to its south, a Storage to its north, a Research to its southeast (this also has 2 Sightseeing spots), and then whatever you want to its northeast (let's just ignore this one for now). You're getting income from the equivalent of 8 Sightseeing spots and the capacity of 4 Storage nodes. I have that and Storages attached to some of my other Duplicators, with a total capacity of about 52.5k. I only just learned that you could link Storages so I might move the ones attached to Duplicators off to a separate chain. What I really need are more Boosters - I only have two.

Basically just aim to put Research probes on Sightseeing spots and Duplicators at big intersections that have Sightseeing spots with neighboring Sightseeing spots, Boosters next to Duplicators, Storages next to Duplicators or Boosters, and then Mining everywhere else since you have a billion of those probes.

tatsu is the worst.

Literally every. single. fucking. Noppon is better than him.

I'd kill and eat tatsu if it meant I could bring lularita in my party.

Fuck Tatsu and his cringey, terrible, weird lines. I hate him. I wish there was a sidequest to permanently kill him off. Or bake him.
You people are just jealous of his greatness!

Some are in caves or very high peaks.

I had almost forgotten about the breast slider removal until now. Man. What a shame.

They can be in caves or under overhangs as well. There are also some that are simply not possible to get until you have a flying Skell so don't stress it too much.
Ahhh ok. Didn't know some were in caves so that helps to know. I have seen some on incredibly high places that no amount of abusing the super jump would get me to, and there was one way up above but there was a tiny walkway to get to it, and a high level aggro monster at the very end, blocking me from getting to it.

finalflame

Ahhh ok. Didn't know some were in caves so that helps to know. I have seen some on incredibly high places that no amount of abusing the super jump would get me to, and there was one way up above but there was a tiny walkway to get to it, and a high level aggro monster at the very end, blocking me from getting to it.

If you're referring to the one I'm thinking of, I also had trouble getting past those two high-level monsters. But I found quickly sprinting between both of them got me through and I was able to get up and activate the probe. I died a couple of times before making it, though.

When online, go to barracks and go to the multiplayer console. The division activity lets you see the rankings and the daily rewards you get.

I love the 30k per day reward for my division.

Thanks!

i mean if we're getting to it guys...

there's no reason that your division shouldn't be prospectors if you care about daily rewards. They are WAY above and beyond the leaders of the divisions which means you're likely to get more tickets faster and you get options to all of the rewards.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm on theChapter 7 boss fight. I'm the only one in my party with a Skell. Is there any reasonable way to keep them all alive, or am I expected to have bought more?

Also, is there anything I should know about Skell combat that isn't clear? It seems much simpler than regular combat. Wait for left, attack, wait for right, attack. Rinse, repeat, hope I out DPS the opponent, maybe get a bind or two in?

Whizkid7

(choose)

*sheepishly raises hand* Um. Yeah. That's me. I can't help it; it's so stupid it's funny to me!

finalflame

Who made the decision to slow down the camera movement indoors and not let you adjjust though? Because fuck that guy

Finally someone else who shares this pain. I absolutely hate the camera movement in tight quarters. At the very least there should be an option to change the sensitivity when indoors if it's going to be so drastically different.

Given the fact that this game has been out in JP for months and none of these issues were patched (music volume??), I'm guessing it won't ever happen.

Gotta say though, for the scope and depth of this game, it has been a very smooth (read: bug-free) experience so far.

anaron

Finally beat the main story. Other people have laid out their thoughts and I would agree with the majority that X is a big downgrade from Xenoblade. Cons would be unrelatable and annoying characters, silent protagonist is a massive downgrade from shulk, idiotic QoL choices like party members not leveling with you, nonsensical main story, strange music issues, and less fluid combat overall.

The things it does better are obviously the addition of skells, the otherworld design and exploration which I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's a mixed bag and a 7/10 game imo. Just an average experience.

what majority, exactly? the impressions here have been glowing

I think we can all agree that a silent protagonist didn't meant that you had to be basically the background character in "the adventures of lin and elma"

Nobody really talks to you during main mission and affinity quests that involve Elma/Lin.

random25

i mean if we're getting to it guys...

there's no reason that your division shouldn't be prospectors if you care about daily rewards. They are WAY above and beyond the leaders of the divisions which means you're likely to get more tickets faster and you get options to all of the rewards.

Many are going with Prospectors mainly because it's easier to earn BLADE points with them, especially since mining probes are an easy resource to rack up miranium. It just so happens that those are also tied with Division points for daily spoils.

acidagfc

2 hours in, like it so far, I can see easily spending 80-100 hours on this game.

My major complaint is the font\UI size. It's like it has been designed for PC and sitting in front of the monitor. Yes, my eyesight is bad, but not THAT bad that I actually had to place a chair in front of my couch and sit closer to the TV.
And the resolution of the gamepad is too low for the offscreen play.

Hope there is some patch coming that will address this issue (along with the music volume slider, lol).

finalflame

what majority, exactly? the impressions here have been glowing

I kind of agree with all his main points. While there's added complexity to the combat that I like, I do not feel it flows as fluidly as XC. Kind of intangible so far as to why, but it feels clunkier.

I think the biggest detractor, which was a huge positive for the first game, is the rubbish inconsequential story. Given, I have not beaten it, but I had gotten so much more out of XC in the first 30 hours, story-wise, than I have out of XCX. The world, while massive and impressive, is not as intriguing as Bionis/Mechonis. Also, the characters and their development don't even hold a candle to the original (silent protag plays a huge part in this).

It seems to me Monolithsoft focused on making this game a much more replayable and dynamic platform, as to where XC was in and of itself a true epic single-player JRPG experience. On a technical and gameplay level, overall, there's no way to deny XCX is the better game. But XC just felt like more of a grand, epic journey, by virtue of having actual characters and a good story.

Maybe my opinion will change by the time I'm done with the game, but from all the impressions I've heard so far, I doubt it. Overall, I do like XC better. But I give XCX at least an 8.5+ for being such a joy to explore and play. XC is just a solid 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom