• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the level 5 south beam I am standing on
WVW69iqJVGgpUYWNf8

the one north west of that is the north peak of the summit cannot find the beam

chances are it's in a place above you if you aren't seeing it.

There are only like 4-5 probes that are hidden inside of caves/mountains or similar weird locations that I can think of. That isn't one of them.

edit: that's one of the two I don't have. It's in a high above place. It's a level 5 one, so unless you have a level 5 yet, don't bother.

ultron87

Should I just leave the game running to finish this affinity quest that needs 5 white cometites? I've gotten like one in an hour from the two probes I have mining it.

jonjonaug

I just took a random quest which has a first objective of, "Survey 30% of Oblivia"

Oh, is that all? lol

Just leave it alone for now. The reward is one of the more substantial things in the game, but isn't that useful until late/post-game.

I am probably the only one
who woke up that thing and not got myself killed lol.

I took one look at that and went "that's totally a sleeping Tyrant". Inched up close to it and bolted like hell the moment it moved, managed to escape without getting wiped.

Hah, my sentiments exactly. If you're very slow you can sneak up to it without aggroing the Grexes and get it. I just climbed up towards it and slowly inched forward until I got it and booked it outta there.

If you can't get in from one side, try other sides. It's a snatch and jump off a cliff case.

Ah i forgot about walking. Ill try to be slower. Attempted from behind a few times but just when im about to get it the battle starts.

One time I thought I could run away and definitely put like half a hexagons distance between the party and grex but that motherfucker caught up in 3 seconds and one shotted me. It was scary but also amazing watching it run down the cliff and chase after me.

Ugh, this game is so atmospheric and HUGE. I decided to take on a mission requiring me to go to Sylvalum, a region I've yet to even see, and little did I know, it's separated from the first three regions by water. A lot of water. I don't care if there's actually some super easy method of getting there, just swimming (and occasionally sprinting) there has been just awe-inspiring. The music, the atmosphere. Aghhh. It's been a while since I've played something so immersive.

chances are it's in a place above you if you aren't seeing it.

There are only like 4-5 probes that are hidden inside of caves/mountains or similar weird locations that I can think of. That isn't one of them.

edit: that's one of the two I don't have. It's in a high above place. It's a level 5 one, so unless you have a level 5 yet, don't bother.

been searching this area for 3 days now have mercy on me dude :(

it is the garden green plant area on top of the mountain

I have a flying skell I went to max height you can reach in the sky still not seeing a beam

EDIT: I said am on the level 5 beam I want the top north one they can't both be 5

MrPanic

Playing chapter 10 right now.
I'm in the middle of fighting the big ass boss, but now that ridiculous spore weather started. I literally can't even see the ridiculously sized boss right now, wtf.

edit: WOW, I actually managed to lose track of the boss in this mist. I'm just running around in the mist right now just so I can lock back on onto probably the biggest enemy in the game...

edit2: Ok, the mist stopped. The boss managed to get to the other side of Sylvalum in the meanwhile. Just wow...

been searching this area for 3 days now have mercy on me dude :(

it is the garden green plant area on top of the mountain

I have a flying skell I went to max height you can reach in the sky still not seeing a beam

EDIT: I said am on the level 5 beam I want the top north one they can't both be 5

lol dude I just double checked for you. To the south of that spot there's a hexagon that you unlock the fast travel in the ground level. You rise all the way up that tall us mountain, and reach a grassy flat area. The level 5 probe is there.

Yes there are two level 5 probes in Sylvallum.

Ugh, this game is so atmospheric and HUGE. I decided to take on a mission requiring me to go to Sylvalum, a region I've yet to even see, and little did I know, it's separated from the first three regions by water. A lot of water. I don't care if there's actually some super easy method of getting there, just swimming (and occasionally sprinting) there has been just awe-inspiring. The music, the atmosphere. Aghhh. It's been a while since I've played something so immersive.

After chapter 4, I went exploring and decided to trek the islands north of Primordia. On the beaches there, I met some Prones and mechs who were minding their own business so I made sure to not be on the receiving end of their guns and lasers.

After continuing to swim north, the music changed and the area name also changed to Sylvalum. But then, the weather also changed into fog/snow(?) so the only things I can see are my characters. I didn't know when this would end but I continued north till I reached the first F.N. location. That was when the weather brightened up and Sylvalum welcomed me with its mystique.

Parfait

What's the timer on Miranium and Credits being handed out? Also, how do you take screenshots?

Thanks.

I think it's half an hour.

To take screenshots, press the home button, go to imgur, and use the upload image thing there. Just hit 'Upload Image from Computer' and the Wii U will let you pick from the Pad or the Screen to upload.

rhandino

Banned
Eek! at you all
also falling for that statue... =3

What in the world is this
Red Lobster quest?

At first I tought that it was some kind of twisted joke but then
when you throw the lobster that thing explodes. And there are 99 of them in NLA!? wow

What's the timer on Miranium and Credits being handed out? Also, how do you take screenshots?

Thanks.

30 minutes for miranium at the very least.

But I swear it feels that money/minerals are given every 15 minutes. Oh and your game has to be active, aka the wii u game pad can't turn off and you can't be in a menu that doesn't allow you to walk.

Everytime you aren't in 'real time' in the game or the screen is dimmed the timer stops/slows down. If so expect miranium every hour.

El Odio

Banned
So (sidequest spoilers)
I thought it was pretty neat how they added yet another race of aliens into the game via what seems like an average sidequest, even if that is a weird way of doing it. I did the followup quest involving finding the missing "bug person" and didn't expect a high level fight to break out but apparently stomping all over them with your skell is an easy way to do it :lol

Just grab and bolt off the cliff. It's what I did haha.

sneak behind the two and run towards the cliff and the yellow gem if that is the one I am thinking of

I did so many times to those until I got the path right they did not even wake up

After like a dozen tries I finally fucking did it!

Thank you Lin and Gwin. Your sacrifices made this possible. I was THIS close to walking out without waking the Grexes but it happened anyways and my heart freakin sank and I ran and jumped away so damn fast lol.

I really enjoyed this mission. I could have grinded and come back to it later but it was great that I could still complete it being so underleveled. The first 3-4 hours of this game was a chore but now that the intro section is done with and I have the freedom to explore and do stuff, its become extremely enjoyable. Pried me away from Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider.

Pick up a cardboard box and slowly inch your way to the comm device.

But seriously, just try not get within their range of sensing you and you're good to go.

Funny enough the sound when monsters spot you reminded me of MGS.

I think Grexes sleep at night? Some types do, anyway.

Yeah they do, but theyre pretty light sleepers.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Finally beat the main story. Other people have laid out their thoughts and I would agree with the majority that X is a big downgrade from Xenoblade. Cons would be unrelatable and annoying characters, silent protagonist is a massive downgrade from shulk, idiotic QoL choices like party members not leveling with you, nonsensical main story, strange music issues, and less fluid combat overall.

The things it does better are obviously the addition of skells, the otherworld design and exploration which I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's a mixed bag and a 7/10 game imo. Just an average experience.

Omzz

I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer

The prerequisites for the story missions are starting to irritate a bit, do they stop doing that as you progress through the game?

lol dude I just double checked for you. To the south of that spot there's a hexagon that you unlock the fast travel in the ground level. You rise all the way up that tall us mountain, and reach a grassy flat area. The level 5 probe is there.

Yes there are two level 5 probes in Sylvallum.

you totally missed the map I posted but I got the node I wanted 2 level 5 that close together was not going to work for me :p

random25

The prerequisites for the story missions are starting to irritate a bit, do they stop doing that as you progress through the game?

Stop doing what? Prerequisites? I'm pretty sure they are always there.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Nope, there are always prereqs to story missions.

Every story mission has a story prerequisite. But if you're exploring heavily the few prerequisites that require exploration you should already have, especially once you have a flying skell there's no excuse to grab every possible probe in every map.

The most bothersome part of story missions for me is that they give me Nagi as a party member and I was excited to use him as he's the only duelist among possible party members, but then he's restricted for every story mission so far. So I'm still using probes.

Omzz

Stop doing what? Prerequisites? I'm pretty sure they are always there.

even till the end?

I do plenty of exploring, but just wish that wasn't the case. I switch back and forth depending on my mood, whether to just explore or do a story mission. But the prerequisites come in the way and I have to go fulfill something just to be able to progress

edit: ah ok thanks for the answers. If it becomes easier going ahead then that's a bit better. I just finished chapter 4 trying to go to 5, and then it tells me to go finish an affinity mission first. Just don't like that all

vid

Are you serious

Connors comm device is next to a pack of lvl 36 grexes?

Fuck you connor

I waited until nighttime and then just ran, jumped over them, grabbed the comm, and leaped over the edge to safety. Worked like a charm. A panicked and screaming charm.

Around which chapter do you visit Sylvalum? Because its theme song is freakin excellent.

Officially? Like chapter...
8 or 9

But you can go whenever you want. You just have to swim quite a lot. WIth a skell it's a bit faster but I didn't want to wait.

MAN that was a long swim.

even till the end?

I do plenty of exploring, but just wish that wasn't the case. I switch back and forth depending on my mood, whether to just explore or do a story mission. But the prerequisites come in the way and I have to go fulfill something just to be able to progress

edit: ah ok thanks for the answers. If it becomes easier going ahead then that's a bit better. I just finished chapter 4 trying to go to 5, and then it tells me to go finish an affinity mission first. Just don't like that all

Most of those affinity missions take like 15 minutes if you've explored every major probe.

There are only two affinity missions that require an affinity level, so make sure you have Lao and Gwin at level 1 affinity and then get rid of them if you want to. That should save you the headache of reaching the point and being forced to grind affinity for them.

Ah got it. I guess I'll wait a bit for Sylvalum then. Still just a lowly lvl. 13. Not trying to swim forever / getting clowned easily.

So are all areas accessible at this point, or do some require you to fly with a Skell to reach?

Arriving at Sylvalum by foot for the first time was the most magical moment I experienced in the game. Like everybody else said, after chapter 3 you can go there via swimming. It's worth the exhaustive travel.

Ohhh if you put it like that, hmmm. Are there any probes I can install when I arrive? Or do those require a higher Mechanical skill lvl? Would be nice to just swim, probe, and then come back easily whenever I feel like it.

I waited until nighttime and then just ran, jumped over them, grabbed the comm, and leaped over the edge to safety. Worked like a charm. A panicked and screaming charm.

Oh damn haha, I wish I thought of that. I just have the most hilarious imagery in my head right now.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just took a random quest which has a first objective of, "Survey 30% of Oblivia"

Oh, is that all? lol
I know what quest your talking about, I already have to do 25% for story mision and I have a skell now, so it's no problem, gonna do it later tho
The quest is a real downer tho as I remember talking to the woman at the beginning of the game before it happened.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ah got it. I guess I'll wait a bit for Sylvalum then. Still just a lowly lvl. 13. Not trying to swim forever / getting clowned easily.

So are all areas accessible at this point, or do some require you to fly with a Skell to reach?

Ohhh if you put it like that, hmmm. Are there any probes I can install when I arrive? Or do those require a higher Mechanical skill lvl? Would be nice to just swim, probe, and then come back easily whenever I feel like it.

Oh damn haha, I wish I thought of that. I just have the most hilarious imagery in my head right now.
There are plenty of probes you can install in sylvalum, in fact the game kind treats your arrival under the assumption that your still new so alot of the first enemies you see are like level 11 and such

I took on an Affinity Quest that brought me to Sylvalum when I just finished Chapter 5. I didn't feel like moving forward in the story, so I just went all the way there. I've been looking forward to it because I know what the area was like and how the music was. I still didn't think it would be as impressive as Satorl Marsh or Valak Mountain, but just swimming there was a great adventure. It seems like it would be boring, but just having the avoid enemies while getting closer to those white arches is really something else. Even though I've seen a lot of Sylvalum in videos, seeing it on my own television was even better.

random25

There's one data probe spot near the beach at the middle bottom of the continent if that's where you gonna swim.

Vena

Finally beat the main story. Other people have laid out their thoughts and I would agree with the majority that X is a big downgrade from Xenoblade. Cons would be unrelatable and annoying characters, silent protagonist is a massive downgrade from shulk, idiotic QoL choices like party members not leveling with you, nonsensical main story, strange music issues, and less fluid combat overall.

The things it does better are obviously the addition of skells, the otherworld design and exploration which I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's a mixed bag and a 7/10 game imo. Just an average experience.

Everything to each their own but this I just can't agree with. Combat in this game is much better than Xenoblade's, the only short coming is the lack of a "mage" variety outright.

So, I just about always hate comic relief characters in RPGs....
latest

But fuck me if Tatsu ain't awesome and fun. Someone give that potato a gun and let him join the squad!

finalflame

So, I just about always hate comic relief characters in RPGs....
latest

But fuck me if Tatsu ain't awesome and fun. Someone give that potato a gun and let him join the squad!

I fucking hate Tatsu. I'd take Riki back in a heartbeat.

Fuck Tatsu and his cringey, terrible, weird lines. I hate him. I wish there was a sidequest to permanently kill him off. Or bake him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom