• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

So I kept reading about lobsters so I tried to find wtf that was about. Turn out I have done the prerequisite quest but can't get the lobster quest to start. I've been running around the outfitter location for half an hour and I can't find a lobster to start the quest ;_;

El Odio

Banned
"Please, I beg of you, do not make any sudden loud noises or abrupt movements. I may interpret them as a threat and roll up into a ball. It is instinctual, and not at all funny!"
Man, the Lin eating Tatsu jokes may be garbage 99% of the time but most of the other humor in this game is pretty great.

Golnei

OH MY GOD THIS ENDING IS SO BAD AND CHEESY

MAKE IT STOP. WHO WROTE THIS. HAVE HIM BANNED.

The point I'm at in the story isn't really that offensively bad, but everything I've heard about the last few chapters (general sentiment, not specifics) fills me with dread.

Is it really that bad? I just want to do sidequests forever...

Finalow

not sure how the ''quests with other people online'' thing works, I start one and then I just wait for people to join? Tried that 2 times, no one joined, *shrugs*

Diablos54

7wiIOC4.jpg

dBQCI7h.jpg

1ki8r8V.jpg

nLnwRaQ.jpg

Uy8fpdK.jpg

vgW1D1V.jpg

tajOgP1.jpg

i8KLNq2.jpg

KarmaCow

The point I'm at in the story isn't really that offensively bad, but everything I've heard about the last few chapters (general sentiment, not specifics) fills me with dread.

Is it really that bad? I just want to do sidequests forever...

Honestly it just mostly (vague description of the ending)
a bland info dump with a sequel tease, a forced extended boss sequence, and one really stupid contrivance.
It's not significantly worse than the rest of the game otherwise.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

THIS FINAL BOSS

I'M FUCKING DONE

Not only did the first 3 boss battles wreck everybody else's skell with mine barely surviving, then the FUCKING FINAL BATTLE empties your skell's fuel for no fucking reason and why? BECAUSE FUCK YOU

Nevermind the battle would be fine if it wasnt for the fucking
GOD DAMN MOBS who appear to wreck your shit too

ike_

Welp, 1.5 million credits of skell frames later, chapter 9 is in the bag. Time to see what this flight module stuff is all about.

Finalow

I might have realized this just now, you don't lose probes when you replace them? I thought I did lose some. and that's why I started saving up probes so that I could use them only when I unlocked most of the sites.

exfatal

Im also down if you need more people for that mission got a lv 30 skell and some half decent weapons

or you could always
Get Good

The whole of chapter 12 is stupid and might be the worst final chapter and boss I've played in any game with the exception of maybe the shitty design Deus Ex HR boss fights, and even those were more forgiving to even the builds less prepared for them.

And yes I understand some of you like had an easy time with it, but plenty didn't and it's not because everyone else is bad at games. This was just stupid.

It has soured my whole experience when I'm going in fully prepared and have to deal with crap like this for fabricated difficulty.

Zomba13

Does anyone know where the Nopon from the Nopon Bazaar went to? Chiroro I think the name was, from the little scene you see where (super minor non-story spoilers, tagged to be safe)
her customer gets mad that she lost all her hair and Chiroro sets out to Oblivia to find a medicine.
I've done a quick fly-through all over Oblivia and I can't seem to find her :/.

She's inside the flying rock island.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

THIS FINAL BOSS

I'M FUCKING DONE

Not only did the first 3 boss battles wreck everybody else's skell with mine barely surviving, then the FUCKING FINAL BATTLE empties your skell's fuel for no fucking reason and why? BECAUSE FUCK YOU

I had to end up kiting the chimeras for about 10 minutes, that was pretty fun >_>. For the final final boss I had to basically 1v1 him since my party just kept on dying and I had to spam defense stance which healed me immensely.

I should probably finish the game this weekend. Running around doing normal quests trying to get affinity with my stable of low level scrubs. I realize there are better ways to get affinity after finishing the game, cannot explain my actions.

Golnei

Honestly it just mostly (vague description of the ending)
a bland info dump with a sequel tease, a forced extended boss sequence, and one really stupid contrivance.
It's not significantly worse than the rest of the game otherwise.

Okay, that doesn't sound that bad - it doesn't sound terribly enjoyable (especially the boss), but at least it's not quite Xenogears Disc 2.
I'll have to just take the remaining story chapters slowly and enjoy all the time I have left with Quiet.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

THIS FINAL BOSS

I'M FUCKING DONE

lol sounds about right. It's a pretty poorly designed final encounter imo.

I ended up beating the boss on the ground with one of my maxed out classes. By the time I beat it (after several attempts), my skell did have around 2k fuel back, so I switched to the skell at like 5% HP left on the boss just to finish it off that way.

Okay, that doesn't sound that bad - it doesn't sound terribly enjoyable (especially the boss), but at least it's not quite Xenogears Disc 2.
I'll have to just take the remaining story chapters slowly and enjoy all the time I have left with Quiet.

I would have much preferred a Xenogears Disc 2 situation. I never understood the hate for disc 2 since it had so many awesome story moments (something Xenoblade X sorely lacks for most of the game).

Just finished chapter 12. Why did people say the story sucked again??

The only thing I'm wondering is:
was elma apart of the race that humans descended from?

Also this whole story reminds me of Halo with the ancient civilizations creating Arks and so on

Also this whole story reminds me of Halo with the ancient civilizations creating Arks and so on

I just don't think there was enough of the main story to be very satisfying, some of the supposed "twists" were so very predictable, and the pacing was really off. All it did was really introduce a lot of questions without answering hardly anything. Easily the worst story of any Xeno game.

It really just felt like a prologue to a much bigger story that is coming. That's not bad necessarily as long as we actually DO get a sequel to fill in the gaps in the story we have so far.

Zomba13

Because
there are a billion things left unanswered, sequel bait and how light the game was on story over all.

Because
there are a billion things left unanswered, sequel bait and how light the game was on story over all.

Still haven't finished the story. Currently doing as many affinity quests as possible. So based from this,
is this maybe a retelling of the whole Xenogears saga?

I hate gathering missions, especially for monster drops.

I know you can buy them using reward tickets, but I don't have that many as I always get disconnected,

El Odio

Banned
So for chapter 8:
After defeating the second wave in like 3 seconds thanks to my overleveled skells is it really necessary to make me wait the full 3 minutes? This chapter has been great so far otherwise.

So for chapter 8:
After defeating the second wave in like 3 seconds thanks to my overleveled skells is it really necessary to make me wait the full 3 minutes? This chapter has been great so far otherwise.
yes... it's defend objective, not kill the monster objective... the mobs will respawn anyway

Only on ch 3 atm but i am loving each minute of it. Kinda disappointed that the main character is mostly silent. But its only a minor gripe.

I also kind of wish that when in battle you could use (as an option) the touch screen to use your abilities as opposed to tapping left and right on the dpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom