• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking monster drops, just buy them with reward tickets lol.

Where do I redeem those?

I feel like there are a lot of locations or places to do things that I'm just not knowing about.

Like rewards from levelling my Division or whatever, I have no idea where to go to.

I am liking this game a lot and I certainly hate hand-holding but I also kinda feel like I have explored and still just...missed a lot.

I don't even understand how squad missions work or why I keep getting squad tickets or how people can be joining or leaving my squad even though I'm always playing single-player. I'm really feeling it for the most part, but some things could stand to be explained better.

Gotchaye

I haven't even seen a lot of the male armour yet. I'm only playing a few hours a day to wind down the night (yay finals), I always have Elma and Lin in my party, my avatar is female, and I haven't bothered messing with the ancillary party members' gear yet. I should really find out what they look like.

And yeah, I really fucking hate it when I find a stylish armour that looks awesome on a male character, so I want to put it on a female character, and no, you don't get access to that because we have to exploit the fuck out of her instead. Locked out of so much neat equipment over the years for bullshit reasons. If an armour is cool on a male character, it should be cool on the female characters. If it's sexy on the female characters, make it sexy on the male characters. Cover all your bases!

Yeah it's incredibly annoying that the cheesecake stuff is so pervasive that it seriously cuts into the space for awesome-looking female armor in this game. And like you note, with a female avatar you're very often going to start from three female party members with possibly a fourth (and even if male the fourth is generally underleveled and not someone you're paying much attention to gear on), so you see very little variety in armor.

alvis.exe

Where do I redeem those?

I feel like there are a lot of locations or places to do things that I'm just not knowing about.

Like rewards from levelling my Division or whatever, I have no idea where to go to.

I am liking this game a lot and I certainly hate hand-holding but I also kinda feel like I have explored and still just...missed a lot.

Online/network terminal in your BLADE Barracks. That's also where you get your daily Division rewards depending on how well your Division did that day.

Rewards from increasing your BLADE level you get from Eleanora who's standing by the Basic Mission quest board - this should have been explained pretty adequately in a tutorial quest :p. Make sure you level up Mechanical first because that's what you need for probe planting.

Vena

Irregardless of the art damage, the color is tells you how it scales right? Orange -> Melee, Yellow -> Ranged? What does Purple scale off of, purely attributes?

I feel like I cheesed through ch12.

get into skells to beat the vita first phase. Get out 2nd phase. Die a few times for level drop. Then absolutely wreck everything else with skells afterwards.

Beating ch12 with the garbage 1st skell regardless of method feels like a cheesed accomplishment.

Gotchaye

Where do I redeem those?

This is all at the computer in the Barracks with all the people gathered around it. Edit: Oh, and Blade level is at Eleanora like alvis said above.

I don't even understand how squad missions work or why I keep getting squad tickets or how people can be joining or leaving my squad even though I'm always playing single-player. I'm really feeling it for the most part, but some things could stand to be explained better.

You get squad tickets for contributing to the completion of a squad task (those icons that sometimes show up on the bottom right; hold R and tap L to actually see what they are) or when a task gets completed (and then there are a couple ways to get them via the Barracks computer or by Scouting other players in the second Concourse computer). There's no one else in the world with you but you're with a group of 30-something other people all playing by themselves who see the same squad tasks. (I think) Every time a squad task gets completed you can go to the Barracks computer and start a squad mission (this is first come first serve in the squad). When you start one you can choose to invite others in the squad. If someone other than you does that you can press "-" to accept the invitation.

Riki

Irregardless of the art damage, the color is tells you how it scales right? Orange -> Melee, Yellow -> Ranged? What does Purple scale off of, purely attributes?
Purple are effects. Slow, blind, weaken. Stuff like that.
Blue are auras (single or party) and green are boosts (healing, nulifying effects)

Daknight

Well...that was quite the unexpect turn in chapter 5 O_O Glad stop checking the thread once I started seeing people mention it to not get spoil.

Online/network terminal in your BLADE Barracks. That's also where you get your daily Division rewards depending on how well your Division did that day.

Rewards from increasing your BLADE level you get from Eleanora who's standing by the Basic Mission quest board - this should have been explained pretty adequately in a tutorial quest :p. Make sure you level up Mechanical first because that's what you need for probe planting.

Ah, mucho gusto. Yeah I already leveled Mechanical cause I noticed that. The squad/reward stuff I thought was different so I guess that makes sense.

jgwhiteus

Orange = melee attacks
Yellow = ranged attacks
Purple = enemy de-buffs (weaken physical res, etc.)
Green = support buffs / healing
Blue = auras

Vena

Purple are effects. Slow, blind, weaken. Stuff like that.
Blue are auras (single or party) and green are boosts (healing, nulifying effects)

Purple encompasses some damaging items for Skells (and ground arts). I am trying to figure out the scaling, and what scales what color.

Orange = melee attacks
Yellow = ranged attacks
Purple = enemy de-buffs (weaken physical res, etc.)
Green = support buffs / healing
Blue = auras

Alright so my guess was correct with Orange scaling off off Melee Acc/Atk. Pity. Drone Storm scales off of Ranged. :(

Riki

Purple encompasses some damaging items for Skells (and ground arts). I am trying to figure out the scaling, and what scales what color.
It will tell you in the arts screen what the debuffs are and what the damage is (base is usually just weapon damage).

Woo, finished the lobsters locations. Aside from the ones you can only fly to.

lwyfOWe.png
These amused me.
And Brünnhilde finally has her mount, Fenrir.

You get squad tickets for contributing to the completion of a squad task (those icons that sometimes show up on the bottom right; hold R and tap L to actually see what they are) or when a task gets completed (and then there are a couple ways to get them via the Barracks computer or by Scouting other players in the second Concourse computer). There's no one else in the world with you but you're with a group of 30-something other people all playing by themselves who see the same squad tasks. (I think) Every time a squad task gets completed you can go to the Barracks computer and start a squad mission (this is first come first serve in the squad). When you start one you can choose to invite others in the squad. If someone other than you does that you can press "-" to accept the invitation.

OH! This is what I needed explained! Thanks!

The rest I approximately knew, but I must have been contributing without realizing it sometimes, probably with collectibles.

Also, the progress messages that appear in the top left are limited to your Friends List, yes? And the other players you can find around; Friends List, Squad, or randoms?

Okay 2 questions:

1. I always eventually disconnect from the internet while playing, is there any way to re-connect in game, or do I always have to save and quit and restart?

2. Is there any way to just remove all augments not currently on equipment in use?

105.Will

so Chapter 11
I liked Lao's "crazy evil revenge" turn at first but than he just 180'd right back to "oh yeah sorry i should be good guy", kinda takes away from the character. Also i'm not a huge fan of my character making a stand for Lao when i'm sitting here like "no kill Lin he's a bad guy we should kill him". Not that this game is at all about choices, but it's still kinda silly

El Odio

Banned
Did a bit of grinding around the area the Prone sweet Prone quest takes you and now it's finally time to get a full party of skells in here!

Okay 2 questions:

1. I always eventually disconnect from the internet while playing, is there any way to re-connect in game, or do I always have to save and quit and restart?

You always have to quit to the title screen and enter the game again.

Okay so I don't know if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but when planting research probes, the number sight-seeing spots is more important than the letter grade that probe may have for its revenue stat.

A probe with B revenue and 1 sight-seeing spot will generate more money than a probe with A revenue and no tourist spots.

Regiruler

i mean the whole game is BLADE so yes lol

but at least it's funny how they pretend you have an option

if the creators really wanted to have fun with it you could say no and then walk out the room.

Roll credits.

You already have a knife and gun, so nothing stopping you from questing...
Or instigating a revolution for no reason...

Squishy3

Yeah Lin is super tough, I popped her up with TP on arts and she gains TP like nobody's business and takes like no damage even when I'm fighting stuff that's way above me.

alvis.exe

Found Chiroro! Had to resort to googling Japanese sites but she's in a hidden area of the Floating Reef in Oblivia accessible through a small cave/tunnel.

In case anyone was wondering :p

NeonZ

Huh. I just realized that there are some shoulder mounted Skell weapons vastly stronger than the others in the store. I somehow had completely overlooked their higher price and stats... Now suddenly I can easily take out enemies with a 10 level advantage.

Very nice. You use green very well. I've always found it one of the more difficult colours to work with.

Thanks.

Kiryu

I'll like to ask to any guys who recently beat Chapter 8. (I just did that last night and slept like a baby after 12 hours of non-stop playing)

I want to compare my survey to your guys.

Lvl 38 Duelist

Mira Survey Rating 28.42%
=====================
Industrial District 24.0%

Commercial District 28,5%

Residential District 23.3%

Administrative District 42.1%

Ma-non Ship 8.6%

BLADE Barrack 41.1%
---------------------------------------
Primordia 41.8%

Noctilum 41.4%

Oblivia 43.4%

Sylvalum 16.0%

Cauldros 1.9% (Fuck that far place)

Just asked you guys because I would to see how productive you guys with the survey rate.

Man, any time I see people's characters they're all cool and realistic and then I look at mine who's like a purple drill haired chick with demon eyes and a face tattoo and scars and I'm like "I never did grow up from 8th grade drawings on my notebook linings, did I?"

El Odio

Banned
I'll like to ask to any guys who recently beat Chapter 8. (I just did that last night and slept like a baby after 12 hours of non-stop playing)

I want to compare my survey to your guys.

Lvl 38 Duelist

Mira Survey Rating 28.42%
=====================
Industrial District 24.0%

Commercial District 28,5%

Residential District 23.3%

Administrative District 42.1%

Ma-non Ship 8.6%

BLADE Barrack 41.1%
---------------------------------------
Primordia 41.8%

Noctilum 41.4%

Oblivia 43.4%

Sylvalum 16.0%

Cauldros 1.9% (Fuck that far place)

Just asked you guys because I would to see how productive you guys with the survey rate.
I haven't beat chapter 8 yet but I'm good to start it at any time so:
Level 35 Full Metal Jaguar (8)

Mira-22.98%
Pirmordia - 41.8%
Oblivia - 41%
Noctilum - 39.6%
Cauldros - 3.5%
Sylvalum - 2.8%

Industrial - 16.6%
Commercial - 28.5%
Administrative - 40.6%
Residential - 11.6%
Ma-non - 8.6%
All with 50 hours put in so far.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just got my first Skell...

I played with it for a bit---and then went back to ground combat. So many options when it comes to gear, it's so overwhelming. And the game really doesn't tell you shit, wish they had some Skell Training Missions.

Need to look up a good guide before I give it another shot. Kind of anxious about using it right now.

So, what's the deal with skells? Is the default one just sucky, or what? I do 3-4x damage on foot compared to this clunky thing.

Really appreciate how fast it is though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom