• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my Skell and it only took me like 2 minutes to get destroyed by a small lvl42 bug. Then I recovered it and wasted it again 2 minutes later when I was fighting a Tyrant Grex and crashed into a flying whale. Then I managed to beat a Tyrant with it and the remaining mobs destroyed it, but thankfully I ejected in time.
Now I´m afraid to take the Skell out of the barracks, I feel like I´m going to unwillingly aggro something that´s going to f*ck me up :(

The mission to get the permit wasn´t bad at all, I completed 3 of the 8 sub-missions right after Moustache-Man finished talking, another one fell 1 minute later when I gathered 150k money through probes and the other 4 were short and easy.

Did you purchase level 30 Skells? I find that they're quite OP if you fight the correct enemies with them and have whatever weapon does around 25k on average (I keep forgetting what it was, but it is a yellow attack with three projectiles in the icon).

AGITΩ

Go west of Sylvalum into the ocean, about halfway up the coastline. You'll find collectables out in the sea. The area with the Spirit want shares drop tables with the Straw Buyo and Stone Screw. If you start picking up those two items, just fly around for a few minutes and you'll eventually find the Spirit Wand. If you start picking up Shimmering Skins you're too far south, if you start picking up Missile Wiring and Acton Rock Shards you're too far north.
This helped so much. Ive been too far north the whole time since everything online said be FN 401 and 402, but people said in the western waters so i just kept collecting in the western waters between the two points for hours.

Fou-Lu

I completed the main story, it was about what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. Probably won't get around to post game content until after the holidays. Might be my GOTY, it's close between it and Undertale.

correojon

Part of getting a Skell is relearning everything about getting around the game world. It's easier to accidentally end up in unwinnable situations, but it's also much easier to escape from them because of how fast you can run away from stuff in vehicle mode.
Yeah, I´ve become too accustomed to running everwhere and avoiding or fighting enemies without planning an approach, but the Skell is so big and turns so fast it´s harder to control (or just different) so I end up in messy situations. I just need to get accustomed to it.

Usually you are fast enough to escape unscathed if you encounter it during vroom vroom mode. Also, exiting the vehicle in vroom vroom mode is instant if they hit you and you survive.
Why should I escape? I have a friggin´ Gundam!! lol Now seriously, my main mistake was thinking I had become invincible because I was wrecking enemies on foot at lvl30 and now with the Skell I could kill anything. I need to relearn that Mira is a dangerous world, even if you are riding a giant mecha.
Also, those big enemies that ignore you on foot, do they notice you when in a Skell?

Did you purchase level 30 Skells? I find that they're quite OP if you fight the correct enemies with them and have whatever weapon does around 25k on average (I keep forgetting what it was, but it is a yellow attack with three projectiles in the icon).
I have 2 level 30 Skells (and the basic one). I need to invest in good weapons, augments, learn how to fight correctly with a Skell and not bite more than I can chew.

I´ve spent 50+ hours in the game and suddenly I have to relearn everything.

Sölf

Started playing Warcraft 3 again with friends and didn't play Xenoblade in 2 days! I know this. This is the reason why I stop playing a game and then never finish it. I hate me for this, but aaah! D:
Did some moe quests yesterday. Lin and Elma both reached level 30, so I could start chapter 8 now. But I will probably level a few more chars to 30 first and do more of the res quests, as I still have like 10 or so left (srsly, you finish 1 or 2 and get 3 more, what is this).

I have 2 level 30 Skells (and the basic one). I need to invest in good weapons, augments, learn how to fight correctly with a Skell and not bite more than I can chew.

I´ve spent 50+ hours in the game and suddenly I have to relearn everything.
Replace the basic Skell ASAP, it's only level 20 and is probably doing more harm than good for your team.

With level 30 skells, you still have to take level into consideration for large enemies, but now you can do stuff like fight small enemies that are 10-15 levels higher than you and gain a ton of EXP (got a level 12 party member that I wasn't using up to around 26-27 just from a few enemies this way).

desu

Why is there an enemy here. Why is anything this far from land... wtf?

Why not? If traveling was a bit faster (and if they would add it to your map after finding it), it would be one of the first areas that I would look for :D.

I guess its still maintenance?

I completed the main story, it was about what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. Probably won't get around to post game content until after the holidays. Might be my GOTY, it's close between it and Undertale.

How long did it take you to complete the story? I feel so behind everyone else here in the OT haha Only 11 hours in, but I'll soon have 2 weeks of holiday off of work to get stuck in properly. Wondering if that's enough time.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not digging the music as much as Xenoblade, it's good but seems to feel repetitive a lot faster. Makes the game perfect for podcast listening though.

Cikay

I'm not digging the music as much as Xenoblade, it's good but seems to feel repetitive a lot faster. Makes the game perfect for podcast listening though.

Yes the musics loop faster in XCX, whereas in XC1 some themes like Gaur Plains were developed during 4 minutes before looping.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How many minutes/hours do you guys typically find yourself playing in one sitting?
I overdid it last weekend. 10 + hours. I think I've mostly seen everything this game has to offer, maybe will go for 100% but after a break. I'm just listening to the OST now on YouTube, missed out on the CE :( Will have to buy the UK CE soon.

I love mishearing the victory quote of
Nagi as "I'm not just some NPC" (it is empty suit not NPC)
. Works really well too.

Alright, found the heart to hearts in the OP Google guide....but I can't seem to have Doug appear at his third and Hope at her second heart to heart. Is there someone I have to talk to first, or another affinity mission to do?
How much affinity do you have with those characters? I believe it works as like 2 hearts needed to view second etc. There might also be other requirements. The game is an asscave for not telling you this.

Anyone know where the sightseeing spot at FN 317 is?
Earlier in the thread someone posted this:
http://imgur.com/a/6Ptqs

is there a way to check where your party members are in town? I can't find Elma and shes not at the base at the moment...
If they're not in their normal place (which is unhelpfully indicated on the GamePad map using the same symbol as the area segment complete) then they are at a heart to heart location. Read the spreadsheet in the OP (allies tab) for more on those. If you don't want to do the heart to heart just change time and see if Elma comes back (many heart to heart happen in small time windows).

2. Is there any way to just remove all augments not currently on equipment in use?
Sure is. Inventory then the gear/armour and then a button press can bring up a menu with something like remove augment (list).

So I kept reading about lobsters so I tried to find wtf that was about. Turn out I have done the prerequisite quest but can't get the lobster quest to start. I've been running around the outfitter location for half an hour and I can't find a lobster to start the quest ;_;
Are you looking outside the hanger? Here is a random video showing it around 19:30 in.

For the locations of the lobsters themselves here is an illustrated guide

Is there a way to farm for items to engineer new ground gear?

I have a lot of some materials, but some I do not have a single one. If only for my awesome arts and skill build, I'll be sucking with my weak equips from enemy drops lol.
The game is an asscave here. On the engineering menu it has a shortcut to the monster index but doesn't have a way to filter by "drops these fucking items" which means for hunting you'll have to use spreadsheet in OP for directions (I do sometimes run into dead ends with it due to it being a mix of localised name and literal translation for example Decrepit Wing, which is currently listed as Aged Patagium in the spreadsheet instead...).

However you can use reward tickets at the terminal in BLADE barracks to get any monster drop in the game. Rarer stuff can be very expensive ticket-wise but you have a cap on tickets you can hold so use it or lose it.

If you're going to hunt monsters themselves make sure your entire party has equipment that has treasure sensor (boosts drop rates*, post-chapter 5 C&C AM when fully upgraded will heave gear like this, might want to wear fashion gear to avoid party being stale) and also some things are more likely to drop if certain appendages are broken. I think there is also a drop rate boost for multiple enemies in the same battle which becomes very quick to do if you get Phoenix or G2-buster for a Skell.

*-I don't know if there is a cap. Other abilities don't seem to have caps.

desu

So how long must one wait before the Credit/Miranium salary from the probes?

~30 minutes I think.

Anyway. after 155h playtime I got a weapon blue print from a normal enemy today (for the very first time). Already wondered where all the missing blue prints for the AM would be coming from...

If you're going to hunt monsters themselves make sure your entire party has equipment that has treasure sensor (boosts drop rates*, post-chapter 5 C&C AM when fully upgraded will heave gear like this, might want to wear fashion gear to avoid party being stale) and also some things are more likely to drop if certain appendages are broken. I think there is also a drop rate boost for multiple enemies in the same battle which becomes very quick to do if you get Phoenix or G2-buster for a Skell.

*-I don't know if there is a cap. Other abilities don't seem to have caps.

Does treasure sensor, or other bonus effects on ground gear for that matter, still work if you're fighting in your Skell?

Why not? If traveling was a bit faster (and if they would add it to your map after finding it), it would be one of the first areas that I would look for :D.

I guess its still maintenance?

NNID is down for 4+ hours already... they must broke something in the server

correojon

Replace the basic Skell ASAP, it's only level 20 and is probably doing more harm than good for your team.

With level 30 skells, you still have to take level into consideration for large enemies, but now you can do stuff like fight small enemies that are 10-15 levels higher than you and gain a ton of EXP (got a level 12 party member that I wasn't using up to around 26-27 just from a few enemies this way).

Should I invest my money in replacing that Skell for a lvl30 or is it better to buy good weapons for the others first?

Nice tip for the small enemies, thanks!

I just got an SSM-XXMX130SA G-Buster Shoulder Weapon as an enemy drop. Get one shotted, everything in Mira.

Should I invest my money in replacing that Skell for a lvl30 or is it better to buy good weapons for the others first?
Definitely replace the Skell so that it won't get destroyed all the time.

Munter

6 hours in and just finished chapter 3. Loving it so far, but I have a quick question: Can anyone give me a quick run-down of the rarity of items, from most common to rarest (blue, green etc.)

I've been getting a bit fatigued by all these side quests over the last few days. I do want to carry on the story missions but all those question marks and affinity missions keep enticing me to do 'just one more.' Urgh, I just hope I don't burn myself out before I finish this.

desu

I've been getting a bit fatigued by all these side quests over the last few days. I do want to carry on the story missions but all those question marks and affinity missions keep enticing me to do 'just one more.' Urgh, I just hope I don't burn myself out before I finish this.

Why not do 1-2 chapters and then go back to it?

After chapter 7 I realized how fast the story missions went by, so that's my motivating factor, knowing that I'm actually not too far off from the end if I just did story missions.

random25

I just noticed that I get 2 ticks for money drops for every 1 tick of miranium drop per interval. I supposed that's how it is for everybody, right? Or am I imagining it?

That cheating Nopon quest tho. It's odd and hilarious at the same time.

What are good weapons for level 30 skells? I've seen people mention g buster a lot but I don't know what that is or where to find it lol

Is it that 180k weapon from the shop?

Why not do 1-2 chapters and then go back to it?

I'm one of those players who likes to read every line of dialogue if I can so I was worried I would miss some special NPC dialogue that would go away if I progress the story too much. So while talking to every last NPC I could find, those question marks kept popping up, which I couldn't resist. I was also trying to recruit all the optional characters and try to grind them up to the same level as the rest of my team. And then I thought it would be a good idea to try and max out every class tree...

Honestly I think I'm going to just focus on four characters and use my maxed out class for the rest of the main story at least. Is it possible to complete most of the main story at level 30ish. I might just try to focus on that for the time being.

I'm one of those players who likes to read every line of dialogue if I can so I was worried I would miss some special NPC dialogue that would go away if I progress the story too much. So while talking to every last NPC I could find, those question marks kept popping up, which I couldn't resist. I was also trying to recruit all the optional characters and try to grind them up to the same level as the rest of my team. And then I thought it would be a good idea to try and max out every class tree...

Honestly I think I'm going to just focus on four characters and use my maxed out class for the rest of the main story at least. Is it possible to complete most of the main story at level 30ish. I might just try to focus on that for the time being.
My approach to side quests has been (and yes, I realize I am missing out on decent stuff including whole party members this way) to avoid the mission console in Administrative District and only picking up missions that are triggered by talking to NPCs, putting missions that require picking up junk items on the backburner and only doing those when I happen to be in the area for missions that have more of a clear goal (and possibly even ignoring those missions entirely if I can't figure out where to obtain the item(s)). I also avoid affinity missions which require me to have an affinity with a party member I don't use or require me to have a party member with me that I would otherwise not have with me.

That way it's easier to find a stopping point for when to take on the next story mission (I kinda hit a point where a ton of side missions propped up though so I'll probably add more limitations to this if I have to).

Does treasure sensor, or other bonus effects on ground gear for that matter, still work if you're fighting in your Skell?
My gut feeling is if there isn't a Skell equivalent then it will work when piloting. So for example Untouchable Dash wouldn't because there is a equivalent augment for Skells in vehicle form.

If anyone wants to comprehensively prove it EXP up is an easy way to do that.

6 hours in and just finished chapter 3. Loving it so far, but I have a quick question: Can anyone give me a quick run-down of the rarity of items, from most common to rarest (blue, green etc.)
I think for gear it goes (least to most) Blue > Green > Yellow/Orange (former is for ground, latter for Skell).

It should be noted this follows the same reverse rainbow pattern (VIBGYOR) of Indigen Level and Difficulty colours indicated on their name (where Violet are easiest while Red most dangerous)

I just noticed that I get 2 ticks for money drops for every 1 tick of miranium drop per interval. I supposed that's how it is for everybody, right? Or am I imagining it?
That is how it works. I wish I knew more about the item frequency though but they don't matter as much as you'll have 99 of them soon enough and the items just get turned into credits.

What are good weapons for level 30 skells? I've seen people mention g buster a lot but I don't know what that is or where to find it lol

Is it that 180k weapon from the shop?
Kind of while it is more powerful than the G2-buster (drops only) the G2-buster is 2 hit AoE (combined is slightly weaker than one hit of G-buster). I'd stick with the Scythe though for fuel reasons though at least on your Skell (it is easy enough to position yourself behind an enemy). I wrote a post a while back on a good farming spot at Badr Stonebridge which drops the two you really want (G2-buster, phoenix).

Scythes however seem to drop from giant insects rather than robots.

to avoid the mission console in Administrative District and only picking up missions that are triggered by talking to NPCs
Do the social missions. These nearly always lead to normal missions (I know one leads to a character recruit/affinity mission, which requires you to go to the 5th continent and can be done before chapter 5 even but it is really unpleasant) and is a bit easier than running around looking for Red ?s

My approach to side quests has been (and yes, I realize I am missing out on decent stuff including whole party members this way) to avoid the mission console in Administrative District and only picking up missions that are triggered by talking to NPCs, putting missions that require picking up junk items on the backburner and only doing those when I happen to be in the area for missions that have more of a clear goal (and possibly even ignoring those missions entirely if I can't figure out where to obtain the item(s)). I also avoid affinity missions which require me to have an affinity with a party member I don't use or require me to have a party member with me that I would otherwise not have with me.

That way it's easier to find a stopping point for when to take on the next story mission (I kinda hit a point where a ton of side missions propped up though so I'll probably add more limitations to this if I have to).

Yeah I never do the mission control stuff in the Administrative district either, there doesn't seem to be much point. I think I'll take your approach to the affinity missions for the time being.

Been a bit slow due to finals, but I just wrapped up Chapter 4. I was dreading it because I was level 17, and trying to tread lightly in Noctilum.

Had a lot of close calls (brushes with level 30+ monsters, running for my life in the process) and the enemies falling down on you and popping up from the ground scared me shitless (which is why I played through Noctilum with the camera zoomed far out), but the end result was so worth it. Exploration is such a joy in this game, especially since I'm a part of the Curators.

The little side mission during the story mission (getting the Skell weapon data) was a great way for low-level players like myself to minimize the chances of defeat. Had I ignored the guy, I probably would've died a lot.

L'cirufe is my favorite character because of how much he misinterprets the English language, and he reminds me VERY much of Prince Vorkken from The Wonderful 101, at least in mannerisms and poise. I'll always look forward to his botched wisdom. Also, I will now be calling the Prone asscaves.

Goetia is a good piece of ass. There, I said it. Also, she's bitchy and fierce. Nice to see that the antagonists (well, at least the Ganglion) aren't entirely faceless.

Also, RIP Lifehold piece. I busted out laughing at the reveal of it being part of the Library of Congress archives, since the library I work at uses LC instead of Dewey. Strange thing to chuckle at, eh?

I love this goddamn game.

correojon

I just focused on 3 (X, Elma and Lin) and use the 4th spot for affinity missions. I´m already level 30 in chapter 6 and I´ve had no problems at the moment, though I´ve been doing a lot of missions.

Shahadan

I don't think I've done a "go get x from this monster corpse" quest in a while....I'm loving these tickets and my lovely squadmates for doing the job in my stead.

Btw how does the limit on how much tickets you can have work? I noticed it increased recently.

random25

That is how it works. I wish I knew more about the item frequency though but they don't matter as much as you'll have 99 of them soon enough and the items just get turned into credits.

I see. I just thought I'm seeing it wrong since my impression is money and miranium are earned at the same time. Thought my copy is glitched in a good was lol.

Delio

I don't think I've done a "go get x from this monster corpse" quest in a while....I'm loving these tickets and my lovely squadmates for doing the job in my stead.

Btw how does the limit on how much tickets you can have work? I noticed it increased recently.

I always wonder if people get annoyed at me that I'm in that squad not doing anything but reaping the rewards from it.

I keep forgetting that buying mats is a thing. Yeah, do that to make missions go by faster.

In fact I'm going to top off some of my missions right away doing this.

it depends on your blade level.. iinm 200 increase per level then at level 10 = 9999

Does anybody have a link to those pages from the guide with the collectible locations, I found that way easier to use than the spreadsheet but the image gallery I used was deleted.

EA5KNtK.jpg

This guy is an asscave. Did the affinity mission starring him, and I was well inclined to deck him.

I didn't expect the lobster quest to show them as red collectibles from a distance. That makes it way better. Found roughly 17 by running around for maybe 20 minutes. I'm sure there will be a ton hidden in corners where you can't see them from afar, though. I'll be using that guide for those.

This guy is an asscave. Did the affinity mission starring him, and I was well inclined to deck him.

HB is amazing. When he first showed up I disregarded him right away for being such a pompous jackass. Then I had to have him in my party to finish that quest and learned that he says ridiculous shit like "Will I ever stop excelling?" when he levels and that the mighty have fallen when he dies.

He's in my party a lot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom