• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

This guy is an asscave. Did the affinity mission starring him, and I was well inclined to deck him.

I really like him and his battle dialogue. Really, he's just so arrogant it's funny. He's also a better tank than Lin.

Anyway, I haven't done his 2nd Affinity quest yet, but he actually seemed
surprisingly well intentioned
in his first two Heart to Hearts.
He goes around inspecting the Water plant and industrial plant, and you'd think that he'd do that while belittling the people who work there and are supposed to do that work, but he actually just believes that he can help and so he should do something too.

Haunted

This guy is an asscave. Did the affinity mission starring him, and I was well inclined to deck him.
I can't believe he's getting an actual emotional reaction out of you. He's a paper thin cardboard cutout caricature of a stereotype. Classic example of a kid's show character so completely defined by one overriding, overbearing character trait that he might as well not exist outside of it. boring af

moerser

I can't believe he's getting an actual emotional reaction out of you. He's a paper thin cardboard cutout caricature of a stereotype. Classic example of a kid's show character so completely defined by one overriding, overbearing character trait that he might as well not exist outside of it. boring af

wow you must be fun at parties. :)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The whole of chapter 12 is stupid and might be the worst final chapter and boss I've played in any game with the exception of maybe the shitty design Deus Ex HR boss fights, and even those were more forgiving to even the builds less prepared for them.

And yes I understand some of you like had an easy time with it, but plenty didn't and it's not because everyone else is bad at games. This was just stupid.

It has soured my whole experience when I'm going in fully prepared and have to deal with crap like this for fabricated difficulty.

Trying to catch up with the last 7-8 pages I found this very very funny. Right up to this post I haven't seen anybody else so constantly bitching about the game since Zefah in the import thread and all the threads up to launch. It's your opinion and i respect it, but this is damn funny.

mrmickfran

I freaking hate exploring caves in this game.

There are enemies literally EVERYWHERE and they will always have your attention even if you're 10 levels higher.

Not to mention that it takes forever to get away from enemies compared to the first Xenoblade.

correojon

There are enemies literally EVERYWHERE and they will always have your attention even if you're 10 levels higher.

Not to mention that it takes forever to get away from enemies compared to the first Xenoblade.

Ugh, yesterday I went to the Cave of Rebirth for a mission and it was plagued with respawning enemies. I fell a lot from the upper part due to an art moving me to an undesired position while in battle or an enemy starting battle while I was in the middle of a jump. Everytime this happened I had to go back to the beginning of the cave to find the enemies there had respawned. Clearing the cave and getting the 2 treasures there took me more time than the mission to get the Skell permit.

StAidan

Yeah, that last part really bothers me too. It's ridiculous how far away I have to run just to get an enemy to leave me alone.

Haha, I can't progress in story because of an affinity mission I don't qualify for.

I can easily correct this but I could go on a huge rant how much party management sucks in this game and the general lack of respect for freedom to choose what characters to place in your party.

hoserx

Haha, I can't progress in story because of an affinity mission I don't qualify for.

I can easily correct this but I could go on a huge rant how much party management sucks in this game and the general lack of respect for freedom to choose what characters to place in your party.

Agreed.....really this is my only complaint with the game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's kind of baffling that you have to physically go to where the party member is to get him or her to join your team. And of course they never tell you where the hell they are.

Golnei

It's kind of baffling that you have to physically go to where the party member is to get him or her to join your team. And of course they never tell you where the hell they are.

That's listed in the description for their hex, but you're right that it could have been streamlined so much. The 'reserve party' screen was right there...

Shahadan

Yeah they could have at least added an icon on the map. I have to touch everyone of them until I find the right segment.

Or they also could have let you add people from the menu and shut the fuck up with this bullshit.

Agreed.....really this is my only complaint with the game.

Same here. I was just going to post how they should of just allowed your party to increase to 5 members instead of reducing it down to 3 when doing missions where another character joins up. This on top of most important missions requiring Elma and Lin were just poor design decisions.

Haunted

I've found that it does help with leashing to order your squad to disengage and assemble as well. Otherwise they'll tentatively run in your direction while fighting and keep leashing the enemy farther than he would have come if everyone had just run.

That's listed in the description for their hex, but you're right that it could have been streamlined so much. The 'reserve party' screen was right there...
There's a reserve party screen to switch out members. The WiiU has a built in touchscreen. I have an idea.

LET'S HAVE PLAYERS RUN UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL SQUAD MEMBERS ALL OVER NLA AND BUTTON THROUGH THREE DIALOGUE SCREENS

Mupod

He's a smug glasses asshole voiced by ALBERT WESKER. How can you hate him.

Also, just last night I decided to get him caught up in levels and I hit 'equip strongest' on him out of laziness. It automatically put sunglasses and a black suit on him. It knows.

Not always. I couldn't find Gwyn for the longest time because he shares a hex grid with Lao, and gives Lao the priority in the text description.

I would be okay with talking to party members to recruit them if reserves were actually.. you know, reserves and were a list of party members I could switch out via active members menu, and characters not on the reserve I didn't have access to- but instead they just made organizing your party members and hoping you have the correct affinity with some of them (even for mandatory missions) fetch quests of their own.

Shahadan

Not always. I couldn't find Gwyn for the longest time because he shares a hex grid with Lao, and gives Lao the priority in the text description.

What? Gwin has his own hex and is not at the same spot at all.

The problem is, hexes are used for something else as well so they get completed and you can't remember which is which.

The problem is, hexes are used for something else as well so they get completed and you can't remember which is which.
I guess he's on a yellow icon hex and not the usual checkmark, then. Lao and Gwyn are so close together I honestly couldn't tell until I just found him manually.

Haunted

Well, making party management such a pain in the ass basically just means that I'm sticking to my fourth party member (Frye) and miss out on a lot of the affinity missions and heart to hearts. The game's big enough as is, I simply can't be arsed with bad design choices wasting my time.

Shahadan

Speaking of Frye, he doesn't want to let me add him to my party, any idea why? I have completed his quest and stuff.

He's initially enthusiast and then changes his mind mid sentence

Narras

Finally, got my Skell license last night! Running around in that mech was the most awesome thing ever! Can't wait to get the entire team some Skells!

Haunted

Also why is no one fixing these damn roads in NLA. I was excited to see the Biahno Water Purification Plant pop up as plans, in construction and finally being finished, I was hoping that NLA itself would see some reconstruction efforts as well over the course of the story.

Speaking of Frye, he doesn't want to let me add him to my party, any idea why? I have completed his quest and stuff.

He's initially enthusiast and then changes his mind mid sentence
No idea, if you did his initial quest and got the introduction screen where he becomes available as a party member, he should be waiting in front of the diner in the industrial district to be recruited. Even though you shouldn't have to, maybe approach him with a free slot in your party?

Shahadan

No idea, if you did his initial quest and got the introduction screen where he becomes available as a party member, he should be waiting in front of the diner in the industrial district to be recruited. Even though you shouldn't have to, maybe approach him with a free slot in your party?

I tried that but still couldn't. Even tried different times of day. ;(

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I finally reached level 30 last night so I got myself a new skell. But I really dislike the dislike of the heavy ones, so I picked the black slick one (I don't remember the name now). I hope that won't make my life too hard further on. I bought a heavy one for Elma and I will give Lin also one and keep the first skell for the 4th party member.

You need to go to the barracks and register the skell every time I change the party member, right?

Now I wait for Elma and Lin to get to level 30 to jump again into the main story. Just one level to gain for them, so I will do it tonight most probably.

Meanwhile I enjoy a lot the normal missions, some crazy stories going on there. In the water plant quest
I stopped Ajoa, but if you let her take a shower, does she become a monster too like the others?

Okay, yeah. Gwin is sitting on a yellow shield hex that looks like the other two dozen hexes on that same screen. smh

I was gonna go to bed soon but I really want to do some squad mission stuff now that it's online again. I might as well grab the dude I need the affinity for, and not bother to gear up most of the 4th party members I use at this point.

Chapter 11 spoilers

So Lao's whole problem was that he's butthurt over the fact that his family didn't make it to the White Whale? Even though they all knew that it was a possibility when they signed to project Exodus? That is so anime omg.

Also, what's with Irina suddenly "acting suicidal" out of nowhere? That was never hinted at in the main story before chapter 11. Do any of her affinity quests touch on that subject?

Shahadan

Meanwhile I enjoy a lot the normal missions, some crazy stories going on there. In the water plant quest
I stopped Ajoa, but if you let her take a shower, does she become a monster too?

Yes. I actually thought it would occur only if you let her :lol:

I liked quests related to this facilty. There was one in the church that takes you there as well that was pretty cool.

Anfang

Chapter 11 spoilers

So Lao's whole problem was that he's butthurt over the fact that his family didn't make it to the White Whale? Even though they all knew that it was a possibility when they signed to project Exodus? That is so anime omg.

Also, what's with Irina suddenly "acting suicidal" out of nowhere? That was never hinted at in the main story before chapter 11. Do any of her affinity quests touch on that subject?

Theres a little more to it ;)

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

I liked quests related to this facilty. There was one in the church that takes you there as well that was pretty cool.

Cool, so I actually saved her (I changed a bit the text in the previous post, I understood now that it might be confusing). So much for options doing nothing.

Yeah, the church one was also interesting. Almost philosophical.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Some of the side-quests are really dark.

Like the one where you recruit ma-nons for a seminar but the guy is only doing that to kill them.

And for some reason that guy had a Skell with a color scheme that REALLY reminded of Evengalion.

Chaos17

Chapter 11 spoilers

Lao wasn't enough fleshed out, imo.
For example, he only have like 2 affinity mission, difficult to get attached to him.
He could've easely played the big bro part that you would hated to kill from all your heart.
But no, he hasn't had enough screen time for that, lol

tumblr_nn1s28oWli1tuy4w7o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom