• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I am so turning those notifications off until I see the movie. Fuck that shit.

Is there a reason you keep them on at all (like, do they serve some function I'm not aware of)? It took all of 10 seconds since they appeared after Chapter 3 for them to annoy the shit outta me.

Research probes are a pain in the ass to find. I generally don't bother going for chains with those - you need duplicators and boosters to get any decent income going. But you also need those for storage probes.

right, yeah, I'm basically just throwing them down wherever I find sightseeing spots basically.

h0tp0ck3t

I really like him and his battle dialogue. Really, he's just so arrogant it's funny. He's also a better tank than Lin.

I love how he has alot of the same moves as Lin and Gwin but his are "Superior"

"Superior Decoy Rounds!"
"Superior Wild Down!"

Whatever you say H.B

Why do my party members always disappear when I have to put them in 'inactive' to do an affinity mission that required someone else? I want Phog back but I have no idea where to find him .-.

Mupod

Why do my party members always disappear when I have to put them in 'inactive' to do an affinity mission that required someone else? I want Phog back but I have no idea where to find him .-.

the case of the disappearing party members for me was solved when I realized that it was during a time frame for one of their heart-to-hearts. Lin was missing from the barracks one night and I found her in the test hangar.

Makonero

Phog is in the residential area. There should be a hex that tells you where he hangs out.

RiggyRob

Not looking through the thread since I want to stay as clean as possible, but I've got a question to ask:

I have an Mii/account on my Wii U and 3DS both linked with my NNID and use the Internet/eShop with. The missus has a 3DS linked with her NNID and she has a Mii/account on the Wii U but it isn't linked with her NNID. We have the disc version of Xenoblade X, data packs to be downloaded.

If you can only have one Xenoblade X save slot per account, and she has an account on the Wii U and wants to use the online functionality, there's no downside to her also linking their NNID to the same Wii U as mine since she doesn't have a Wii U of her own right? They should be able to have their own save file and still use the online stuff and data packs with their version of the game, yeah?

Not looking through the thread since I want to stay as clean as possible, but I've got a question to ask:

I have an Mii/account on my Wii U and 3DS both linked with my NNID and use the Internet/eShop with. The missus has a 3DS linked with her NNID and she has a Mii/account on the Wii U but it isn't linked with her NNID. We have the disc version of Xenoblade X, data packs to be downloaded.

If you can only have one Xenoblade X save slot per account, and she has an account on the Wii U and wants to use the online functionality, there's no downside to her also linking their NNID to the same Wii U as mine since she doesn't have a Wii U of her own right? They should be able to have their own save file and still use the online stuff and data packs with their version of the game, yeah?
I think so, yeah. You should be able to have multiple accounts on the wii u

rhandino

Banned
So far of the battle dialogue my faves are Elma because she really sounds like a pro that still care about her team (You are becoming a fine BLADE), Lin because she is hilarious and I love that one of her lines say "If you know what I mean" and Gwin because he sounds very cocky.

Also my main character saying things like "Sorry for losing my cool back there" and the other characters adressing him, especially Elma saying that he didn't noticed it. kii!

This probably won't work. People have done quite a bit of testing, you might get items but not money/ore. The game has a pretty good anti-idle system in place, it might be based on variety of actions (jumping, talking etc.) or loading in new assets around the world as you explore.

It works.

GaseousInsignificantFoal.gif

if a weapon has a better standard attack value but lowers my stats in some categories, is it better or worse than my currently equipped weapon?

Look at "total melee attack" or "total ranged attack" depending on the type. Of course this can't quantify the value of other stats, if you're going for a tanky character some weapons have HP bonuses you'll prefer, if you want TP and healing you'll want more potential bonuses instead.

So far of the battle dialogue my faves are Elma because she really sounds like a pro that still care about her team (You are becoming a fine BLADE), Lin because she is hilarious and I love that one of her lines say "If you know what I mean" and Gwin because he sounds very cocky.

Also my main character saying things like "Sorry for losing my cool back there" and the other characters adressing him, especially Elma saying that he didn't noticed it. kii!
I think the most interesting one for was when my character believes "this constant fighting seems so futile". I like that everyone in my party has a response to that.

Mupod

"You face
Kentaro Nagi
. All BLADEs, activate Overdrive!"

he's so damn good. Helps that for some reason he's way smarter than most party AI too and saves his TP properly.

edit: people were talking about the character openly when I did a search, oops.

Not like it matters he's one of those companions you can't use for shit. What was the point of giving me a great class for a companion and then lock him out of the shit I need him for. Fuck you game.

Luigi87

Okay, between ch.6 & 7, got my revenue up to about 150k a tick
Just hit level 30. Time to GET EQUIPPED with Skells!

... honestly I thought these early lv.30 Skells (the most expensive one) was like 5 million, not 500k... I have 3.8m credits right now, so I'm good to purchase a few Skells <_<

... honestly I thought these early lv.30 Skells (the most expensive one) was like 5 million, not 500k... I have 3.8m credits right now, so I'm good to purchase a few Skells <_<
Level 50 Skells are 4 million at most. But skell repair costs are almost as high as the skell price, so having extra money is never bad

Wiseblade

Do Skells have differing base stats? Outside of differences in overdrives, is there anything that makes Skells better at one thing over another?

Vena

The Frame-50s are 1-4 million each, and with gear it can reach into the 10s of millions.

But by the time you reach Frame-50s and beat the game, money becomes irrelevant.

Do Skells have differing base stats? Outside of differences in overdrives, is there anything that makes Skells better at one thing over another?

I think so. But its hard to figure out what they are, exactly. You can't strip a Skell of its gear.

Getting a level 30 skell makes leveling much faster since a team of level 30 Skells can easily clean up groups of small level 45 monsters

I should probably get my skell, about to hit level 30 and still no skell, straight to the level 30 skells then I guess!

Do you have a good spot to grind these small groups of level 45 with the level 30 skells?

I'm at 40k Miranium and 258k Revenue per cycle. You guys weren't kidding when you said Oblivia is a money maker. Find the sightseeing spots and just start rolling in money.

Wiseblade

I think so. But its hard to figure out what they are, exactly. You can't strip a Skell of its gear.
Yeah, I asked hoping someone else had already done the hard work of comparing every Skell when equipped with the same gear. I wasn't really concerned about it at first and largely picked Skells based on appearances. But now as I approach purchasing my first lvl 50 Skell... I'm going to be dumping 3 million credits minimum, I want to make the most of it!

So is there a limit to how much money I can carry? Like do I need to get a Big Wallet and a Giant Wallet sometime later?

For some reason I keep getting paranoid when I'm about to hit 100k, and then start buying some armor or other gear.

I am absolutely addicted to this game. What the fuck man.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So is there a limit to how much money I can carry? Like do I need to get a Big Wallet and a Giant Wallet sometime later?

For some reason I keep getting paranoid when I'm about to hit 100k, and then start buying some armor or other gear.

I have 3.5 mill

You'll be alright

The Frame-50s are 1-4 million each, and with gear it can reach into the 10s of millions.

But by the time you reach Frame-50s and beat the game, money becomes irrelevant.

hmm? you can remove all gears from any skells except of course A70/90
and the two main weapon will be replaced with weak level 20 ones

Vena

Yeah, I asked hoping someone else had already done the hard work of comparing every Skell when equipped with the same gear. I wasn't really concerned about it at first and largely picked Skells based on appearances. But now as I approach purchasing my first lvl 50 Skell... I'm going to be dumping 3 million credits minimum, I want to make the most of it!

The biggest differences are the weight classes, and their susceptibility to damage (everything vs. gravity). But for the first 50, I'd get the Amdusias as it makes general farming super easy.

But once you start planning to fight big guys or Xe-Doms, you have to worry about gravity damage. Just about every large enemy or large tyrant has gravity damage.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

which skell are you talking about?

I beat the game, but I didn't have an optimized probe set up until pretty late, so I'm constantly strapped for cash since I break my skell a lot, and 2 million in repairs takes a lot of time to build up. Main reason I switched to prospector was to get the daily salvage ticket. Which would probably be more useful if I played less since I might be able to stock up extras lol

Omzz

So which party members are you guys sticking with right now? I have Elma, Lin and Lao

Just wondering are there any other better combinations out there? Willing to switch out Lao since don't like him much anyway

Squishy3

Only thing that has a cap is miranium

Vena

yes. just use remove gear or remove all gear option just like removing gear from player characters

Oh. Then when I get back I am going to unequip every Skell Frame-50 and see their base stats. I'll report here for anyone interested. (I have every frame so I can easily do it.)

Kaname

Is there a way to restore the insurance counter? Or should I just buy a new skell and sell this one?
Also, if it's destroyed, will I lose my equipment as well or just the frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom