• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Some of the side-quests are really dark.

Like the one where you recruit ma-nons for a seminar but the guy is only doing that to kill them.

And for some reason that guy had a Skell with a color scheme that REALLY reminded of Evengalion.

That one was pretty adapted to the political reality of today.

Shahadan

Cool, so I actually saved her (I changed a bit the text in the previous post, I understood now that it might be confusing). So much for options doing nothing.

Yeah, the church one was also interesting. Almost philosophical.

Oh so you can save her? Crap.
Also when you get back to the questgiver you can
mock her and say she must be happy now knowing her "friend" truly suffered
. that's some twisted shit :lol:

Man the game makes you go through some loops for storage (looked up it isn't storage :( ) duplicator probes. Great earn over 130k in frontiernav followed by...
hohoho I've gone to middle of Cauldros, oh could you kill this Tyrant too. Eh level-wise is okay, can't be that bad...hmm it is pretty big...landed the scythe on the back of its head and...less than 5% total HP damage. Welp. My other party members soon trashed their Skells too.

In a different sidequest, the predator and prey mission (I think that is what it is called) I kind of see the
Prone in a different light of being lowly grunts (thinking back to chapter 3 they seemed to be the main ones in charge). Are they really kept that much out of the loop that they don't know these are not human bodies...and yes higher up ganglion seem to know all about it

Oh sweet, the NNID is back. Now I can finally start getting L+A messages again. Woo.
And Star Wars spoilers :(

desu

Has anyone seen the Tyrant "Du-rha, the Imprisoned" in Sylvalum?

Want to farm an item from him but haven't seen him yet, its one of these huge mechas like the one at the lake in Noctilum.

edit: found him at a cave in the outher bottom rim that you access not from within.

And Star Wars spoilers :(

Urgh really? I was surprised to see no other spoilers so far.

ys45

I was not too impressed with the first Skell they give you as I was not able to fight enemies more than lvl 35 (party was 30) but then .....

Bought my second Skell yesterday Gave the lvl 20 to Elma got myself a lvl30 medium frame and equipped some Skell gears and looks like I had some kind of rare/legendary gear that looks like a huge sword .

The skill when I use it hit for like 35k of damage lol
Now I can fight things lvl 45-47 I got 2 lvl in less than 30 mins .

jgwhiteus

This guy is an asscave. Did the affinity mission starring him, and I was well inclined to deck him.

I really want to try HB next after I'm done leveling up the affinity of L in my party.

L is another character who took me by surprise - I kinda dismissed him when I got him, but I want to do his affinity quest so I've been using him - besides having some pretty cool Shield Arts, his battle dialogue is actually kinda funny. He constantly messes up idioms and phrases, and that overly polite voice doing battle cries has grown on me.

ugoo18

Question about the Ranged Attack Up augments, how do you unlock all of them?

I have RAU 1 and 5 unlocked but the last 3 aren't unlocked yet.

hohoXD123

Another thing I've encountered which makes me question what the developers were thinking. Turns out lightning storms in Oblivia not only reduce your health, forcing you to find some shelter away from enemies, but it doesn't stop at 1 HP, it can actually kill you and as far as I know there's nothing you can do about it (I'm guessing that's less of a problem later in the game once you've levelled up and increased your HP), also because of the damage you're taking it prevents you installing any probes. It feels less like an interesting game mechanic to liven up battles and more like another nuisance. The most annoying thing is still definitely the party management system though, here's hoping they release an update to fix it.

I am more invested in the story after Chapter 5 though, so I guess that's something.

Edit: Something else which bugged me a bit, the cutscenes only involve the required members of your party, so when Lin mentioned something about the 4th member of my party (L) while he was there, he just stayed silent and it felt off.

Dineren

Banned
Another thing I've encountered which makes me question what the developers were thinking. Turns out lightning storms in Oblivia not only reduce your health, forcing you to find some shelter away from enemies, but it doesn't stop at 1 HP, it can actually kill you and as far as I know there's nothing you can do about it (I'm guessing that's less of a problem later in the game once you've levelled up and increased your HP), also because of the damage you're taking it prevents you installing any probes. It feels less like an interesting game mechanic to liven up battles and more like another nuisance. The most annoying thing is still definitely the party management system though, here's hoping they release an update to fix it.

I am more invested in the story after Chapter 5 though, so I guess that's something.

Edit: Something else which bugged me a bit, the cutscenes only involve the required members of your party, so when Lin mentioned something about the 4th member of my party while he was there, he just stayed silent and it felt off.

I don't think the storms are that big a deal. If you fast travel they usually go away or you can hangout in a cave or something until it passes. They only really affect gameplay if you let it.

I agree on the cutscenes, it is disappointing that the 4th member is silent.

Xane

I don't think the storms are that big a deal. If you fast travel they usually go away or you can hangout in a cave or something until it passes. They only really affect gameplay if you let it.

I agree on the cutscenes, it is disappointing that the 4th member is silent.

They're somewhat of a nuisance when you're about to clear one of those salvage points. The storm interrupts the button-mashing event.

Shahadan

Ugh, finding an A-HAB autonomous AI shit was a pain. Fortunately I found one at a mine site when I abandonned the idea of ever getting one, of course

Shahadan

They're somewhat of a nuisance when you're about to clear one of those salvage points. The storm interrupts the button-mashing event.

You have enough time to mash your way between two ticks, at least.

Same when there are enemies guarding the point btw.

Jackano

Storms topic:

Overall they tried to do something with the weather, but it has been lightly implemented. The sad fact is, the few they have done (like the storms and the "kill tyrant X when it rains") is badly done and a pain in the a**.

Such thing could be really cool but only in Zelda however, because this is a game where there is no problem to give the player ocarina songs or a rod of seasons to control the weather and make it painless.

khaaan

Does every octagon on the map have a fast travel point?

I only seem to be getting one if the map is showing a probe point or a monster icon. The ones with the checklists (I think that means there's a quest there?) never seem to trigger anything.

Storms topic:

Overall they tried to do something with the weather, but it has been lightly implemented. The sad fact is, the few they have done (like the storms and the "kill tyrant X when it rains") is badly done and a pain in the a**.

Such thing could be really cool but only in Zelda however, because this is a game where there is no problem to give the player ocarina songs or a rod of seasons to control the weather and make it painless.

You can just keep going to a fast travel point and it'll alter the weather. Good for Sylvarium.

Shahadan

Does every octagon on the map have a fast travel point?

I only seem to be getting one if the map is showing a probe point or a monster icon. The ones with the checklists (I think that means there's a quest there?) never seem to trigger anything.

Yeah it just informs you that a mission will take place there to complete the hex

rhandino

Banned
Wnr42DJ.jpg

lYBNmkS.jpg

lRfduVv.jpg

O4j1AHw.jpg
i c u Treehouse / 8-4...

HNycRTt.gif

Not me taking screenshots of random dialogue instead of the vistas though, LOL. I like that most people had different things to say after each chapter and new development in NLA like when they knew I defeated a Tyrant or
when the Ma-non ship arrived

Also decided to move on with the story since I have 1m in money, level 28 and made a LOT of normal / basic missions + already have Sakuraba and Granada at level 5 with the rest of them at level 4.

Chapter 6 here I go!

El Odio

Banned
Since it was mentioned earlier the purification plant quests really made me appreciate how much better the side quest in this game are and how many of them actually wind up becoming arcs. It's such z step up f t I'm the original where the only real standout one was the noon drug lord chain.

Should've taken a screenshot but there's a quest with a Nopon elder complaining about how his family hates him and he'll die before any of them come to see him. One of the responses is to say " 'That's probably true' and go deathly silent." Cracked me up. A lot of decent humor in the game outside of Lin and Tatsu, the shittiest repeat act in any game ever. The Nopon in general are disappointing though, especially in comparison to the gloriousness that was Ricki.

NeonZ

I guess he's on a yellow icon hex and not the usual checkmark, then. Lao and Gwyn are so close together I honestly couldn't tell until I just found him manually.

When you talk with them there once, it becomes a yellow icon if there was nothing else relevant in the hexagon. Otherwise, if it was shared with a mission prompt, for example, it'll stay a checkmark, but it'll then become a yellow symbol too when you've finished the mission.

Question about the Ranged Attack Up augments, how do you unlock all of them?

I have RAU 1 and 5 unlocked but the last 3 aren't unlocked yet.
You need at least 1 of each material used to see what you require to make it*. Be warned X, XV and XX requirements tend to be a lot greater than I and V (are also mostly the same making X and XV for the impatient). TP Max up XX seems to be one exception though. A quick glance and the Slayer XX skills for 5 of the 7 enemy types are reasonable too (same requirements as critical so a toss up between 40% more damage or 50% more critical).

*-
OX Unit, Rolong carapace, Hastara greenfeather
and the last material is frontiernav mining probe based for the 3rd, 4th and 5th continents for X, XV and XX, respectively (for augments in general last material is usually something like this but sometimes ends on an earlier continent). In the case of all of the materials I listed there are enemies below level 40 that drop them but since XX will need 48 of each better to save it to when they can easily be nuked.

Makonero

So it just hit me when I was in the commercial district that the street name is Melville.

And the ship name was the White Whale.

I'm a moron.

correojon

Should've taken a screenshot but there's a quest with a Nopon elder complaining about how his family hates him and he'll die before any of them come to see him. One of the responses is to say " 'That's probably true' and go deathly silent." Cracked me up. A lot of decent humor in the game outside of Lin and Tatsu, the shittiest repeat act in any game ever. The Nopon in general are disappointing though, especially in comparison to the gloriousness that was Ricki.

When I started chapter 6, in the usual kitchen scene where Lin jokes to cook Tatsu I was somewhat amazed at Tatsu complaining not about Lin wanting to eat him, but about she always making the same joke and how it was getting boring. It was like reading a GAF post about them. Joke´s on us?

Fishlake

Wow I cant believe how much time I've spent on this game in just the past 2 days. I'm in the middle of chapter 4 currently.

I spent most of yesterday wandering around Primordia then I tried an affinity mission that required 3000 credits in one return so I ended up traveling into Oblivia and Nocturne to get as many probes as I could.

I love the creature and plant designs in this game. I spent a lot of time just watching the many different animations of all the different life.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I need more research probes but all I'm getting is mining probes..

What the Hell :[

Can someone help me out here, how do you get more research probes?

burgerdog

I played the hell out of X after work yesterday and did a ton of missions and affinity quests. By the end of the day I ended up with more shit in my quest list :lol This game is just a joy to play and somehow they managed to make the world look even better from above. Pure magic.

ugoo18

You need at least 1 of each material used to see what you require to make it*. Be warned X, XV and XX requirements tend to be a lot greater than I and V (are also mostly the same making X and XV for the impatient). TP Max up XX seems to be one exception though. A quick glance and the Slayer XX skills for 5 of the 7 enemy types are reasonable too (same requirements as critical so a toss up between 40% more damage or 50% more critical).

*-
OX Unit, Rolong carapace, Hastara greenfeather
and the last material is frontiernav mining probe based for the 3rd, 4th and 5th continents for X, XV and XX, respectively (for augments in general last material is usually something like this but sometimes ends on an earlier continent). In the case of all of the materials I listed there are enemies below level 40 that drop them but since XX will need 48 of each better to save it to when they can easily be nuked.

Thanks for that, so those are for the RAU correct?

Any idea about Melee Attack Up materials for the highest rank augments or if there's an augment material list anywhere.

Thanks for that, so those are for the RAU correct?

Any idea about Melee Attack Up materials for the highest rank augments or if there's an augment material list anywhere.
The augment section of the spreadsheet is fairly complete. Cross reference with bestiary but note that sometimes the bestiary will show no results due to parts of the bestiary having literal translations.

Chapter 11 spoilers

So Lao's whole problem was that he's butthurt over the fact that his family didn't make it to the White Whale? Even though they all knew that it was a possibility when they signed to project Exodus? That is so anime omg.

Try to imagine when you join a contest but the winner has alread been dertermined before the contest starts, how mad would you be.
Plus some info from chapter 12.

If I were him I would totally say fuck it and destroy everything.

There is an online mission with nothing but infinitely respawning dancing birds (the ones with the trumpet horns), we couldn't figure out how to stop it and we lost with a time out.

I can still only carry 15000 miranium :(

Gimme some storage probes!!

You can use Duplicator and Booster probes to increase the amount of storage space you have. Also, remember to chain your Storage probes. Kirsty also gives you storage probes for doing her quests, but I forgot where she would be by now.

I need more research probes but all I'm getting is mining probes..

What the Hell :[

Can someone help me out here, how do you get more research probes?

I believe Chapter 8 gives you a Research G5 Probe. Other than that, just keep on chasing the treasure spots.
There is an online mission with nothing but infinitely respawning dancing birds (the ones with the trumpet horns), we couldn't figure out how to stop it and we lost with a time out.

You had to injure them, not kill them. Once they summoned the objectives, you could kill them. Kinda silly for the quest designer to do that.

Mupod

If you get to ranking 10 with one of the final classes of a class line, you can carry its two weapons to other classes.

I did this with Duelist and now I'm just playing as every other class with a longsword because there is just no better move in this game than Blossom Dance.

The guy you learn it from is my favorite party member by far. Too bad there's no BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE to go with it though.

if a weapon has a better standard attack value but lowers my stats in some categories, is it better or worse than my currently equipped weapon?

zroid

Banned
The reward ticket system is incredible. Saves so much grinding.

btw is it just me or is it really hard to chain Research Probes? I have 3 G1s which I chained, but literally every other Research Probe I have is in a tier of its own. No duplicates at all. Maybe I'm just not finding the right treasure locations.

Mupod

The reward ticket system is incredible. Saves so much grinding.

btw is it just me or is it really hard to chain Research Probes? I have 3 G1s which I chained, but literally every other Research Probe I have is in a tier of its own. No duplicates at all. Maybe I'm just not finding the right treasure locations.

Research probes are a pain in the ass to find. I generally don't bother going for chains with those - you need duplicators and boosters to get any decent income going. But you also need those for storage probes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom