• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I understood that to get the red shield down in the Sylvalum cave, you need to do a quest called Professorial from Professor B? Anyone know where to find that? I unlocked the AM he has and all that, now he just stands around his lab in the industrial district.
If it is the last Professor B one if I'm reading the spreadsheet right you're not that doing until chapter 11 is cleared and also needs quests done related to Ellio/Erio? which also have pre requirements...

I just want my stupid
storage probe
, game. At least I've heard that is what is there.

Stole Celicia's outfit for personal use and gave her the bunny suit. lol Her original outfit looks so good.
I gave it to Hope (and Celica ended up with Hope's clothes), of course with 4 hearts of affinity Hope is likely to benched for the rest of the game once I've done her second affinity mission.

If it is the last Professor B one if I'm reading the spreadsheet right you're not that doing until chapter 11 is cleared and also needs quests done related to Ellio/Erio? which also have pre requirements...

I just want my stupid
storage probe
, game. At least I've heard that is what is there..

Yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to get as well. It's the only one left that I need after getting all the crap in Cauldros :p I guess I gotta look into this Ellio thing then, thank you very much!

Just beat the game (96 hours).

Final boss / ending spoilers

Really had no problem whatsoever with the final boss. Party level was 54, with two lvl 50 skells, and two lvl 30 ones. Fun fight, though! Really liked it.

About the story... It wasn't all that great, imo. It was okay, I guess, but not great. Also, what about that post credit scene? The next Xenoblade will be a sequel? Not super crazy about the idea, tbh.

Anyway, can't wait to dig into the postgame content. :D

Chaos17

Lost my gamepad charge cable, can't start a game because my Wii U is offline and I can't dismiss the error message.

Can't connect to the Settings screen, because it is gamepad exclusive.

Such an obtuse console, holy shit it's the worst.

I want to play this game so bad, they should say it requires online connection to play.

It's the same with other hardwares.
You lost wire that connect to your ps4 usb gamepad and it won't be able to recharge battery, lol.

Renewed

I think I finished the second to last affinity mission...
afaik all I have left is going to Mia, assuming she's in Cauldros.

It was Elma's affinity mission to get Ghost Factory.
I had no idea what to expect so I got destroyed. Why Sphinx... I eventually just switched to a Dual Swords/Guns loadout on Full Metal Jaguar and tore them up while everyone else was in Skells.

And now I'm finally level 60. WOO Only hearts left to focus on is Doug and Gwin.

Aside: why do enemies have to respawn mid-fight? Made my last fight harder than it needed to be. D:

So I've ignored the basic missions you get from the BLADE board thing for the entire game so far (40 hours), but I need to do this Backup Request one to unlock an affinity quest.

So are these just random/repeatable/whatever quests or are they all actual unique quests or what?

Golnei

So I've ignored the basic missions you get from the BLADE board thing for the entire game so far (40 hours), but I need to do this Backup Request one to unlock an affinity quest.

So are these just random/repeatable/whatever quests or are they all actual unique quests or what?

It's usually just the 'social' category of basic missions that leads into normal missions and affinity quests - selecting a basic mission is the prerequisite for recruiting Phog, Hope and Boze, for example.

TheMoon

I've spent the first hours just leveling up. I'm on chapter 3 and I'm level 13. The mission structure of the game seems kinda odd.

No spoilers, but does the game have epic cutscenes like the first Xenoblade Chronicles?

Haven't you seen any of the trailers? lol

Teknoman

There was an article a while back, well before the Dec 4th release, about Monolith responding to the text issue in the JP version and basically saying they were attributing it to being new to HD gaming and will use the feedback going forward with other games. Basically that came across to me as though they aren't doing anything else for this game with regards to patching/fixing it. I'll try to add the link back in if I can find it.

Well that sucks...

Delio

Noticed Celica gives me an ability I want so TIME TO FOCUS ON HER. Almost lv 45 so the level 50 Skells are within reach.

demonkaze

So I'm near the end of the game and I want to finish up all the Affinity Missions but I was wondering what the quickest way to raise Affinity with people is?

Chaos17

So I'm near the end of the game and I want to finish up all the Affinity Missions but I was wondering what the quickest way to raise Affinity with people is?

Post game will unlock a quest to raise affinity fast.
Beside that, choices/affinity in normal missions and battle with them.

Qurupeke

Finally, the Lobster mission is over. :) Man, that was the toughest quest so far. From the tedious collection of lobsters to the final act of it. It even had a Star Wars joke in it. lol

The lobsters identity was a bit surprising.
It was Darth Vader.

Also, I thought the reward was a swimsuit not that ugly diving wear. ;_;

Lexxism

Arms Manufacturer.

Talkig about AMs, could anyone tell me the quest names for getting them? I've only found one of the optional ones so far, and it's a pain that I'm currently having my miranium sit unused and wasting collection cycles due to my storage space being full already.
This one tells you what you needed to unlocked the other optional AM. http://gameswiki.net/xenoblade-chronicles-x-how-to-unlock-every-arm-manufacture-terminal-guide/

Lexxism

How do I put an augment on Skell Frame itself? This is all the options I see.
tumblr_nzlxsiev0r1svt5z8o1_1280.jpg

Jisgsaw

Well, I ended up with something like this:

JiBIW78.jpg

YutR0TQ.jpg

Those are all the research/copy/upgrade probes that I have atm; think I could do something better?

Where the hell did you get a research probe lv6 ?

Is there any list anywhere where to find high level probes? Are the content of the caches random?
The guide certainly doesn't help here :-(

How do I put an augment on Skell Frame itself? This is all the options I see.

Go into the equipe gear menu.
On the bottom right, there is "skell frame" or something like that. Highlight it and click X -> set augment.

Luigi87

Where the hell did you get a research probe lv6 ?

Is there any list anywhere where to find high level probes? Are the content of the caches random?
The guide certainly doesn't help here :-(

Go into the equipe gear menu.
On the bottom right, there is "skell frame" or something like that. Highlight it and click X -> set augment.
Research probe treasures are pre-determined rather than random. Best bet is to just explore.
I was generating 150k-170k a tick before chapter 7.

Zafir

Research probe treasures are pre-determined rather than random. Best bet is to just explore.

You can explore for miles and not get many though. They're pretty rare.

That all said, even despite the fact I haven't got many I'm getting 140k a tick due to using boosters+dupe.

Luigi87

You can explore for miles and not get many though. They're pretty rare.

That all said, even despite the fact I haven't got many I'm getting 140k a tick due to using boosters+dupe.
Yeah the dupe+boosters are essential. I only got as high as I did after I got the booster g2 from finishing Primordia's collectopedia.

Qurupeke

You may want to finish some of the Collectopedias, as the Primordia one, for example, gives a G2 Booster. This, along with a Duplicate and a Research Probe can add a lot to your revenue.

Xenoboy

Finished the first Hope mission now. She's is so gonna be on me team later on.
Now 2 or 3 more affinity missions and I'll move on to Chapter 6.

Jisgsaw

I'm generating 160k, so that's okay.
I'm just dreaming of what I could get if I had more than just 3 lv4 research probes, let alone lv5 or lv6.

And if it's predetermined, there should be a map or list somewhere, don't disappoint me Internet.

Daknight

Well...I seem to be stuck in affinity mission O_O Is the 'A day in my life' mission. Is asking me to go to the hanger in the afternoon, I go but nothing happens. In the map is pointing me to somewhere in the hangar in administrative district. I read is to see some call Cedric...he isn't there at any time I go :( Any help would be welcome.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well...I seem to be stuck in affinity mission O_O Is the 'A day in my life' mission. Is asking me to go to the hanger in the afternoon, I go but nothing happens. In the map is pointing me to somewhere in the hangar in administrative district. I read is to see some call Cedric...he isn't there at any time I go :( Any help would be welcome.
Use your ball thing.

Chaos17

Try to change hours because the other day I had to meet an npc at night while he only appears at late night. I blamde the translation team :p

Daknight

Try to change hours because the other day I had to meet an npc at night while he only appears at late night. I blamde the translation team :p

I did that, it was just the map show like the point I had to be was on top part of administrative district when it was the lower part O_O I wish this game had the same time system in xenoblade instead of habing to go somewhere to change time.

desu

There was an article a while back, well before the Dec 4th release, about Monolith responding to the text issue in the JP version and basically saying they were attributing it to being new to HD gaming and will use the feedback going forward with other games. Basically that came across to me as though they aren't doing anything else for this game with regards to patching/fixing it. I'll try to add the link back in if I can find it.

I am surprised people really expect that Monolith will do anything for this game. They finished development for the game 9 months ago and most likely have moved on to another project entirely already loooooooooooong ago.

Sometimes this random weather completely ruins cutscenes:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69irCGzYxbNyT_Y
All I see is a load of blue and some lights. Kills the whole
black skell
mood somewhat.

Edit: Now I remember what I was going to post. For the second Hope affinity quest while I've only just done the opening cutscene I think they really should have had
Hope be a restricted character. It is going to be very hard to find her fathers diary and keep the thing a surprise with her in our party throughout. Maybe the quest will go through this but it seems a bit silly currently.

I'd like to make a treasure sensor augment but can't. What do I have to do to be able to make treasure sensors?
Treasure sensor V is all that is practical to make before postgame (Decrepit Wing needed for X-XX is expensive ticket-wise and the two enemies that drop those are well out of your league) and uses:
Demonic Eye - Canary Saltat (lava cave in north Primordia)
Sky Jewel - Citrine Saltat (lava cave in north Primordia)
Dull Stone - Lepyx (various bits of Primordia)
Dawnstone - Frontiernav stuff

You could always reward ticket for some of those but try not to do so the for the dull stones as those are the weakest enemies.

Finalow

May I ask where and how you're grinding levels so fast? I've not had much luck with grinding, personally.
oh, I forgot to mention that I have a couple of exp boost augments. but again, I'm only at chapter 7 and I haven't crafted them, so if you did most of the quests you should have some of those.

the location I used is Weeping Whitewood in Noctilum, you can easily kill the level 50 spiders, they give 500-600 exp each. to kill them you just need G-buster and another one of those weapons that cost 179k, drones are good. or if you have another Skell with another G-buster, usually the AI uses it. don't bother killing the level 38 flying monsters, they're much harder. they give more exp but it's not really worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom