• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameleco

I cant believe they finally found it, looks really familiar for some reason.
tByIrPj.jpg
K. Not reading this thread anymore since I'm not that far into the game :( Would've been a nice surprise :(

ameleco

it's an optional quest. Not part of the main story
I mean, I typically do everything so I'll see it anyway. I don't really consider easter eggs such as that a spoiler necessarily, but they are nice surprises that I prefer to remain unknown regardless :(
Good to know it isn't a major spoiler btw!

I don't need more than 33k a pop due to my cap being exactly that so I've got no reason to streamline beyond that point yet, besides that I've been focusing more on trying to fix up my cash flow as that's becoming more important.

Got my first level 30 skell, decked out its gear and yep, now I'm broke lol

that alone doesn't give you 180k though, right? I'm just missing the red probe II (only using the standard red probe), and I'm getting 50k. any idea where you get that probe?

probably not, but do you have all the sightseeing spots for the areas with duplicator or research probes?

MihowZa

Banned
Am I lvling my class while in a skell? How do infer more arts for my skell? ( I'm sure this has been asked a dozen and a half times already )

bodine1231

Is there a list of locations where the rank 5 Mechanical chest/debris are? Also what do you get from them? I opened my first and it said ITEM-xxx (dont remember the number) but I can't find it in my inventory.

Lexxism

Is there a list of locations where the rank 5 Mechanical chest/debris are? Also what do you get from them? I opened my first and it said ITEM-xxx (dont remember the number) but I can't find it in my inventory.
You need to open the AM to view those items you got. It will tell you what item that is.

So I just finished Mias sidequest where she wants some gear. Did I just send her out to die?

Also felt pretty terrible about Carls mission. I like how this game reminds you that humanity is an outsider that totally disrupted the normal lives of the indigens.

Does anyone have a link to a good guide that can explain the weapon stats system? I feel like I have no idea what's going on (and I've played 30 hours).

For example, I have a right arm piece equipped that's Level 8. I find other pieces that are Level 10 or 12, but both of those "higher" level pieces send my stats (on the bottom of the gear screen) into the "red."

What's the deal here? Why is a higher rank piece of equipment always sending those stats into the red?

Where can I learn more?! Haha

Any help is much appreciated!

JulianImp

Arms Manufacturers, aka the companies whose wares you can upgrade by investing miranium on them.

Talkig about AMs, could anyone tell me the quest names for getting them? I've only found one of the optional ones so far, and it's a pain that I'm currently having my miranium sit unused and wasting collection cycles due to my storage space being full already.

Does anyone have a link to a good guide that can explain the weapon stats system? I feel like I have no idea what's going on (and I've played 30 hours).

For example, I have a right arm piece equipped that's Level 8. I find other pieces that are Level 10 or 12, but both of those "higher" level pieces send my stats (on the bottom of the gear screen) into the "red."

What's the deal here? Why is a higher rank piece of equipment always sending those stats into the red?

Where can I learn more?! Haha

Any help is much appreciated!

That low piece of gear probably has augments that boosts the stats. You can see them in the window. It'll be something like "Melee Attack V" or something

That low piece of gear probably has augments that boosts the stats. You can see them in the window. It'll be something like "Melee Attack V" or something

Yes, I've been paying attention to the equipment boosts, but I don't understand at what point the base stats override the boosts. I'd love to have access to an in-depth guide about it.

Golnei

o_O too many unless it is romantic in flavor
my pet Elma

You shouldn't try to go after them sequentially, just do them whenever you run into them. It's a fairly long game, after all; and it's not like any of the heart-to-hearts are missable.

It's a good thing though, since it resets all your cooldowns

Though they could have done a better job of the presentation - as it is now, it looks like a camera glitch, not an intentional feature.

I enjoy Elma's character as well. She's supposed to be at Nagi's level political-wise so she exudes that calm and collected aura around her.

She still could have been mature and responsible with a little more personality. Though in that respect, I could have bought her dynamic with Nagi and Vandham a little more if they made her a little older - late twenties is more than I would have expected given the JRPG precedent, but it'd have been preferable if she were in her early thirties. Still, especially compared to the first game, I'm generally pleased with how X avoided a majority-teenaged cast, Lin aside.

Leiru

Question for boss of chapter 12
please tell me they weren't stupid enough to let you get your skell destroyed and then not letting you fast travel to the barracks.

I saved before the mission so it isnt a problem, but still.

Question for boss of chapter 12
please tell me they weren't stupid enough to let you get your skell destroyed and then not letting you fast travel to the barracks.

I saved before the mission so it isnt a problem, but still.

That's why you can't save during that battle. And besides, there's never a point you're not in battle, when would you have a chance to warp? You're supposed to get your skell destroyed and finish the battle on foot.

Finalow

ok I believe it's pretty broken how you can grind you way from 30 to 50 in one or two hours. thank you, level 30 Skell weapons~
I'm probably stopping at 45 because I'm still in chapter 7, and having a level 50 Skell there is probably too much, lol. not to mention that I bought my first level 30 Skell 2 hours ago.

probably not, but do you have all the sightseeing spots for the areas with duplicator or research probes?
all the sightseeing spots in that region only or in all the regions? If it's the latter, yeah, I don't.

still, I was thinking that maybe having a booster probe II (which I'm missing) over a booster probe I could make a big difference. I guess I'll just do quests until I somehow get it.

Leiru

That's why you can't save during that battle. And besides, there's never a point you're not in battle, when would you have a chance to warp? You're supposed to get your skell destroyed and finish the battle on foot.

I lost all my skells and then died in the battle, then it warped me to the arena to find that my skells weren't there (obviously), but i couldn't warp anywhere, which meant doing the fight without my skells which would probably be possible but way to annoying

zma1013

Oh the joys of fighting a level 15 enemy and then suddenly an AOE attack from one of my party members hits a passing, docile lvl 50 giant and I get wiped instantly.

Malus

Well 70+ hours in and I'm finally gonna fly up that big waterfall in Noctilum with the red vine-whooooooooaaaaaaa...

This game just keeps on giving.

El Odio

Banned
Her level-up quote is cute, I guess? She's not one of my favourite characters, but I find her more endearing than Hope, Gwin and Boze.

Maybe she has some hidden depths, or perhaps she's really good gameplay-wise. I just finished her first affinity quest I can't say for sure.

Her Affinity story is pretty decent. (I don't personally like her. I just use Elma and some hodgepodge of people otherwise.)

Because she's psycho. Just like Mia. All Curators are psycho.
After completing her recruitment mission I feel like it's in my better interests to never touch her, not even with a 10ft pole. Still, I noticed she has another affinity mission so maybe she redeems herself (No spoilers on this please).
And if that's a requirement for being a curator I knew I made the right choice
Supreme bonuses everyday doesn't hurt either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom