• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 9 was fun
though the second phase of the battle was much easier for obvious reasons, at least I didn't have a level 50 Skell yet.

I am also really digging the assault rifle + dual blade combo. Hard to get used to but very flexible.

Blues1990

For the mechanical 'Off The Record' mission, exactly what does the passage "After dawn o'er land of white, a rare red foe appears to smile." referring to?

Golnei

The ending of this game is so troll. Love it.

image.php

For the mechanical 'Off The Record' mission, exactly what does the passage "After dawn o'er land of white, a rare red foe appears to smile." referring to?

You have to defeat the tyrant Lyla's Galdr in Sylvalum. Apparently it shows up in the morning around Lake Ciel / Noctilucent Sphere?

Has anyone checked to see if disabling auto-power down allows the game to earn revenue while idling? I read somewhere that this is possible and I really hope it's true because earning money in this game is a pain in the ass if you're not doing long play sessions.

Has anyone checked to see if disabling auto-power down allows the game to earn revenue while idling? I read somewhere that this is possible and I really hope it's true because earning money in this game is a pain in the ass if you're not doing long play sessions.
Haven't checked but yeah I hate it (and I play long sessions and I make over 185k per tick).

The system seems exactly like something I'd expect from a game having heavy focus on micro-transactions (as in, in such a game you could just buy in-game money with real money, or you could wait it out).

Kyzon

It works

Haven't checked but yeah I hate it (and I play long sessions and I make over 185k per tick).

The system seems exactly like something I'd expect from a game having heavy focus on micro-transactions (as in, in such a game you could just buy in-game money with real money, or you could wait it out).

Thank god that they didn't give into that temptation. I wouldn't have become one of their whales, but the practice disgusts me nonetheless.

Anyway, I really hate when games put you through tedious bullshit just to get to a point where the game becomes convenient.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. And by auto power-down, I actually mean disabling the screen burn-in reduction feature that dims the screen after idling. I already had auto power-down (where the console shuts off after a while) disabled, so that didn't make any difference as far as I can tell. I'll try again with the screen burn-in reduction feature disabled.

ugoo18

So decided to go Phoenix and G-Buster hunting and was quite lucky based on some of the horror stories on drop rates. Took me about 30 to 45 mins to get 4 Phoenix weapons, 4 G busters and 4 G2 Busters.

Now i need to earn over 16 million for 4 lvl 50 skells :/

How have you all been earning money relatively quickly. I currently receive 116k from frontier nav and am at 1.4 million last i checked. I decided to leave my game idle to earn credits but are there any faster methods?

Semajer

Crumbs. I'll do my best to find that creature, but that area isn't remotely small.

Go just underneath the big sphere thing south of the lake and look towards the lake as it turns morning (5:00?) you can see it spawn in the air above the lake, but it immediately flies off at high speed to the cliffs to the north where it lands next to a bunch of other enemies. Sometime a normal non-mission version spawns instead of it though.

Alright, I can confirm that disabling the screen burn-in reduction feature actually ensures that the gamepad/TV stay awake, and idling still brings in revenue. SUCCESS!

How long did you test this for? How many ticks of revenue did you get?

Not sure, maybe an hour? I get ~85k per tick, and I left the room when I had ~806,000 credits. When I came back, I had ~1,067,000 credits, so that's at least three ticks. I'll let it run for a few more hours and report my findings just to be sure it works over long periods of time.

Blues1990

What should I do with the Trial Assault Rifle, Ramjet Rifle, Trial Sword, Trial Knife, and the Scrap Duo? They all have sell prices, yet I can't sell them. :/

What should I do with the Trial Assault Rifle, Ramjet Rifle, Trial Sword, Trial Knife, and the Scrap Duo? They all have sell prices, yet I can't sell them. :/

I kind of stopped bothering keeping track of weapons once I realized that when choosing what to equip it automatically shorts with the highest leveled weapons and armor at the top.

Xenoboy

I started Chapter 6 now. But man, Alexa's affinity mission is such a troll. A fucking level 16 monster that wiped me out over 10 times... How?!
It had ludicrous HP and somehow made major damage to me and I was 20+.
These affinity missions do not kid around.

SAC

Neo Member
i was SO HYPED for this game before release but now that i got it in my hands and played for about 15 hours, i've kinda grown cold on it. it's just one of those games where i feel like if i don't have 3+ hours to continuously play it, then i won't be making any progress.. i'm on winter break right now so i thought it would be the perfect time to chew through X but i'm really just not feeling it right now and have decided to get back into fallout 4. gonna have to hop on that rttp party =(

Will I like this game if I didn't like the Witcher 3 because of how big the maps were?

I feel bad I wasted $60 on The Witcher 3 for my PS4 I hardly played 3 hours of it just could not get into it

I wish I could get into it though and playing X kinda makes me want to go back and give that game a chance I just hate the world and themes of that game

Xenoblade X got its hooks in me first hour and became very addictive 200+ hours in

Forkball

How do I beat the Tainted Sphinx in Chapter 6? I easily get him to half health, then he straight up murders my entire team almost instantly.

hohoXD123

About to get my skell license, which is surprising considering I've only played around 15ish hours including a bit of side missions/exploring, keep hearing that people are getting it at the 30 hour mark. Can't wait to ride those bad boys, the ones with the rabbit ears look pretty awesome.

Also, annoyance #23942 - you can't load a game directly from the menu, you have to go back to the title screen and wait through all loading screens again, whyyyy.

How do I beat the Tainted Sphinx in Chapter 6? I easily get him to half health, then he straight up murders my entire team almost instantly.

Have you played around with augments yet?

Percy

Banned
Dumbass question time maybe, but how do you get more Blade medals? Haven't really done too much online stuff, so I'm not too sure on that one.

Also, what's the best way to grind cash? Want a better Skell, but need over 2 mil for them :/

Oh, and how do you get salvage tickets? The division rewards never give me them as an option. Or can you 'update' the insurance on Skells? That'd be much handier.

How do I unlock Treasure hunter augments in the Engineer Augments section?
One of each item needed to craft it but what items might those be?
Treasure sensor V is all that is practical to make before postgame (Decrepit Wing needed for X-XX is expensive ticket-wise and the two enemies that drop those are well out of your league) and uses:
Demonic Eye - Canary Saltat (lava cave in north Primordia)
Sky Jewel - Citrine Saltat (lava cave in north Primordia)
Dull Stone - Lepyx (various bits of Primordia)
Dawnstone - Frontiernav stuff

You could always reward ticket for some of those but try not to do so the for the dull stones as those are the weakest enemies.

It is weird they let you keep the trial weapons (most other quests like that force you to give the item back at the end) but none of those weapons can be sold to stop the game being unwinnable as you can't buy them anywhere and you needed them for a quest (Tiral stuff skell license and ramjet rife for Alex). Btw, Ramjet rifle is quite good for melee overdrive builds as you rarely switched to ranged and get some nice TP for doing so.

Dumbass question time maybe, but how do you get more Blade medals? Haven't really done too much online stuff, so I'm not too sure on that one.

Also, what's the best way to grind cash? Want a better Skell, but need over 2 mil for them :/

Oh, and how do you get salvage tickets? The division rewards never give me them as an option. Or can you 'update' the insurance on Skells? That'd be much handier.
Blade medals are awarded at random for doing squad tasks and you get them for leveling up scouts too.

For cash get frontiernav running. Do something like this in oblivia and the same in cauldros (btw both with all sightseeing spots found or else money will be much less, same principle of duplicator on spot with 4 connections surround with research and booster) and you'll bring in over 200k every 15 minutes.

Salvage tickets are first place divisions only. In short go prospector or go home. Honestly when a Skell gets to 1 insurance just give it to a party member and you'll never have to worry about salvage tickets or salvage costs.

Where can you farm this stuff?
I wrote about the level 30 versions. Apply the same theory to level 40+ versions and those are more likely to give level 50 weapons.

MechaX

65 hours into the game, and Lin still hasn't moved beyond "hurr durr gunna cook tatsu" jokes.

I would like Lin a lot more, but this goes far beyond running an already bad joke into the ground.

rhandino

Banned

Was level 28 when I got my first Skell, went to Oblivia and now I have a Inferno, Verus and Amdusias models! Loving the Skell combat even if it makes me kind of reckless and also lazy to fight enemies on foot even if I need to break some body parts.

I do have a question, I have like 1600 tickets so I was wondering if the Ares skell need some materials in which I can dump my tickets... about to reach my limit and don't want to waste them tbh.

Oh, and I also managed to put all my Arms Manufacturers at level 5 so I want to know if there is any other use for Miranium beyond fuel and crafting, kind of feels like a waste letting all those cycles go without using them in anything meaningful =/

I'm looking for a good Assault RIfle/Photon Saber build, if anyone wants to help with suggestions.

Arts:
Starfall Rondo
Starfall Blade
Starfall Blossom
Galactic Cataclysm

Furious Blast
Flash Grenade
Last Stand
Astral Horizon

Skills:
Steel Flesh
Mighty Muscle
Dismantler
CQC Master

I'll probably need to work on the augments on my own. I already made an TP Gain XX, and I recently earned the Overclock art from Alexa's Affinity Mission.

Percy

Banned
Blade medals are awarded at random for doing squad tasks and you get them for leveling up scouts too.

For cash get frontiernav running. Do something like this in oblivia and the same in cauldros (btw both with all sightseeing spots found or else money will be much less, same principle of duplicator on spot with 4 connections surround with research and booster) and you'll bring in over 200k every 15 minutes.

Salvage tickets are first place divisions only. In short go prospector or go home.

Excellent. Thanks for the tips. Been creating as many links on Frontiernav as I could, but was only getting it to around 30k a time coming in. Amazing how easy it is to miss simple stuff completely in this game.

Honestly when a Skell gets to 1 insurance just give it to a party member and you'll never have to worry about salvage tickets or salvage costs.

Really? Why's this? Is it only player registered Skells that use insurance up? If so... I can't believe I missed that one O_O

Got my first superweapon from an affinity mission, no blueprints just given outright. Takes up
4 weapon slots and uses 1200 fuel and I also couldn't quite one shot Joker with it (I wasn't using a beam damage based Skell and I could also add ranged damage up)

I do have a question, I have like 1600 tickets so I was wondering if the Ares skell need some materials in which I can dump my tickets... about to reach my limit and don't want to waste them tbh.

Oh, and I also managed to put all my Arms Manufacturers at level 5 so I want to know if there is any other use for Miranium beyond fuel and crafting, kind of feels like a waste letting all those cycles go without using them in anything meaningful =/
I can find what materials and their ticket costs but not how many of each you need :(
Golden Yggralith Heart - 636
Silver Vita Core - 210
Crude Neilnail Mask - 210
Seidr Control Device - 138
Advanced Core - 138
Upgraded Lens - 58
Bottom 3 are lower priority apparently.

Golnei

Words cannot express how relieved I was when I heard
Celica's
first line.
I'd only seen one image of her beforehand, and had prepared myself for something worse than Lymle. Thankfully, she and Rock seem okay so far - though I still can't wait until I can recruit her and get her to put on a helmet.

65 hours into the game, and Lin still hasn't moved beyond "hurr durr gunna cook tatsu" jokes.

I would like Lin a lot more, but this goes far beyond running an already bad joke into the ground.

Retreads of that joke taking up 35% of her dialogue knocked Lin down a few notches compared to the other party members for me as well. She's mostly a decent character; just tied to a terrible mascot and even worse recurring joke - I have to wonder what they were thinking when they decided to lay on this one-note punchline so incredibly thick; not only coming through in nearly every one of the scenes she's in, but in battle dialogue and as the central focus of the pre-mission cooking cutscenes. How is it possible to think this was a good idea?

You can always use it to add augment slots to gear at L's shop, unless that's what you meant by crafting.

Finalow

edit. nvm, saw the last post in the previous page.

and I'm not entirely sure on how you raise the cap for tickets, does it increase when you level up?

normal mission spoiler
OH GOD I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH BLUE WHY DID I CHOOSE THE RED WIRE
I liked how some NPC at some point of the game literally tells you to choose the BLUE WIRE when the time comes.

for some reason the writers couldn't realize that using the same bad joke 200 times not only isn't funny but it also becomes quite stupid and jarring.

Was level 28 when I got my first Skell, went to Oblivia and now I have a Inferno, Verus and Amdusias models! Loving the Skell combat even if it makes me kind of reckless and also lazy to fight enemies on foot even if I need to break some body parts.

I add augment slots to all gear and Skells with the cycle after getting all Ams to 5

Zafir

I liked how some NPC at some point of the game literally tells you to choose the BLUE WIRE when the time comes.
Yeah, I thought I was going crazy when the choice came up because I swear it had told me to choose the blue wire before and I was like but it just told me what to choose. But for the life of me I can't remember where it did that, and a friend said they didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom