• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delstius

I'm looking for a good Assault RIfle/Photon Saber build, if anyone wants to help.

Arts:
Starfall Rondo
Starfall Blade
Starfall Blossom
Galactic Cataclysm

Furious Blast
Flash Grenade
Last Stand
Astral Horizon

Skills:
Steel Flesh
Mighty Muscle
Dismantler
CQC Master

I'll probably need to work on the augments on my own. I already made an TP Gain XX, and I recently earned the Overclock art from Alexa's Affinity Mission.

Here's my current build :

Pro :
- Actually fun
- deal insane dmg
- infinite TP/Overdrive
- can heal

Cons :
- The rifle is just used for pulling ranged
- Can't respond to ranged/debuff soul voices

Key Arts :
Galactic Cataclysm
Starlight Duster
Starfall Rondo
Starfall Blade
Essence Exchange (aka infinite TP)
Astral Heal
Astrolibrium

Others Arts to consider for the remaining slot :
Astral Horizon for AoE heal
Assault Hammer for Topple

Skills :
Mighty Muscle (Striker)
Aura Assault (Blast Fencer)
Beam Boost (Enforcer)
Supreme Sword (Blast Fencer)
Fast Forward (Galactic Knight)

This build rely on a beam saber since Starfall Blade, Rondo & Duster take after the weapon element and Astrolibrium boost beam dmg. Having around 10k HP and TP bring the most out of Essence Exchange, managing your HP/TP with this and the heal is the key. Basically everytime you're around 5k TP you heal if necessary and do the exchange.
As for the combat itself, you start with Astrolibrium and chain with melee combos which will hit hard and have their cooldown then reduced by 50%. If the enemy is resistant enough you can chain overdrive to death, it's very fun.

rickyson1

saw one of those things you can't unsee yesterday 30 hours in

(not a story spoiler)

noticed a part of vandham's pants in the crotch area are darker in color than the rest and from a distance it looks like he wet his pants,now every time I see him I can't stop seeing that

In reply to question asked
the much talked about
end game
Doll material requirements

item - ticket prices - # ( needed )

for Ares 90:

Golden Yggralith Heart - 636 - ( 2 )

Silver Vita Core - 210 - ( 4 )

Crude Neilnail Mask - 210 - ( 12 )

Seidr Control Device - 138 - ( 8 )

Advanced Core - 138 - ( 12 )

Upgraded Lens - 58 - ( 16 )

Cimmerian Cinnabar - ?? - ( 2 )

Haunted

Couple questions before my copy arrives:

1) Are the side quests any good?
2) Are the side quests necessary to get enough xp/resources to keep up with the critical path?
3) How long is the critical path alone?
Yes.
Yes.
No idea, since everything was so interwoven in my playthrough and I didn't beeline it.

Chaos17

Will I like this game if I didn't like the Witcher 3 because of how big the maps were?

Xenoblade X has a lot of fast travel locations to make your life easier.

i was SO HYPED for this game before release but now that i got it in my hands and played for about 15 hours, i've kinda grown cold on it. it's just one of those games where i feel like if i don't have 3+ hours to continuously play it, then i won't be making any progress.. i'm on winter break right now so i thought it would be the perfect time to chew through X but i'm really just not feeling it right now and have decided to get back into fallout 4. gonna have to hop on that rttp party =(
It's okay, discovering everything take time.

I actually really like Lin and her voice acting is pretty damn good. But I just...

I don't understand why they made her 13. She doesn't look 13. She doesn't act 13. Nothing in the plot is attached to her age as her being super accomplished would be impressive at, say, age 18. Her being 13 is completely and utterly unnecessary. The game is helped not a single bit by her being 13.

And I watch a lot of anime and play a lot of jRPGS so I'm used to the fat-titted super mature 8 year olds and bullshit like that but in this game it's just SO INCREDIBLY out of place.

I was fine pretending she was older until she said she was 13 then I just sorta...put her in Heavy Armor and never took it off.
That's not just a j-rpgs thing to put young hero, you know.
I played Rambo Clementine in Walking dead 2 of TellTale game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_Season_Two

The_walking_dead_video_game_season_two_promo.jpg

And she is just 11 years old -.-'
The shit she has been through are just inhuman.
Example :
she sew her self without any pain killer!!

Haunted

Will I like this game if I didn't like the Witcher 3 because of how big the maps were?
If a big world is a problem, Xenoblade Chronicles X is not the right game for you.

The world is beautiful, massive, expansive, spanning several continents and really encouraging the player to get lost in it - you'd hate it.

Really? Why's this? Is it only player registered Skells that use insurance up? If so... I can't believe I missed that one O_O
If you get a perfect on the eject QTC your insurance count won't go down. AI partners always get perfect. But if insurance itself is at 0 you will have to pay salvage (the QTE mechanic is something like it takes the insurance then gives you one back so if there if there is none to take...)

Haunted

If you let a Skell's insurance reach zero and you can't reload for some reason - just sell the thing. It's going to cost you more gold to maintain in the long run, just take the hit and replace it with a new model immediately.

I've been sloppy with Skells before, cycling a Skell that only has 1 insurance left to one of the other party members is the best way to use the system if you find yourself in that situation.

hoserx

If you let a Skell's insurance reach zero and you can't reload for some reason - just sell the thing. It's going to cost you more gold to maintain in the long run, just take the hit and replace it with a new model immediately.

I've been sloppy with Skells before, cycling a Skell that only has 1 insurance left to one of the other party members is the best way to use the system if you find yourself in that situation.

I didn't even think of moving 1 insurance skells to party members.......simple but genius. Thank you.

Anyone know when Elena the Infernal spawns in Noctilum? And also specifically where in the actual segment it does? It should be the purple tyrant segment to the right of FN 215

jgwhiteus

I liked how some NPC at some point of the game literally tells you to choose the BLUE WIRE when the time comes.

There's another quest where getting the "okay" ending depends on you hearing some random, non quest-specific NPC info while you're running around NLA -
for the "murder mystery" quest involving the Ma-non, you have to learn how to defuse a bomb by overhearing it from some random NPC in the Hangar in order to "preserve the evidence" later, so to speak, and ensure another NPC lives at the end.

Zafir

Wow, my brand new lv50 skell is so strong it isn't even funny. At first I saw G2-Buster dealt 15000 damage to the G-Buster's 24400, but once I used it I realized it hits twice and is an AoE attack. It's so ridiculous I've been randomly killing lv40 enemies simply by trying to hit something else near them.

I'm level 51-52 and I think I still haven't even started chapter 10 (finished the Manhunt mission that was prequisite for whichever chapter I have to do now)... have I gone overboard on side-content and levelling up while exploring stuff for that point in the story?

You can redo them as many times as you want as long as you've got any medals left (scout medals, I think?).
I'm at the same place as you, and I'm level 60. :D

Finalow

In reply to question asked
the much talked about
end game
Doll material requirements

item - ticket prices - # ( needed )

for Ares 90:

Golden Yggralith Heart - 636 - ( 2 )

Silver Vita Core - 210 - ( 4 )

Crude Neilnail Mask - 210 - ( 12 )

Seidr Control Device - 138 - ( 8 )

Advanced Core - 138 - ( 12 )

Upgraded Lens - 58 - ( 16 )

Cimmerian Cinnabar - ?? - ( 2 )
which of those are the hardest to get? (600 tickets for one item? RIP)

JulianImp

I'm at the same place as you, and I'm level 60. :D

Was that voluntarily power leveling or just doing side missions and finding yourself overpowered after all that? It's weird how skells make things too easy against enemies you shouldn't be fighting yet, and the whole positive reinforcement loop that comes from said enemies giving you lots of experience and powerful gear.

Heck, last thing I did in-game yesterday was walk into Cauldros and proceed to own nearly every single enmy I saw (while avoiding lv65+ stuff just in case), and I haven't even begun the story mission that takes me to that continent.

WonderPup

I'm about to start the game, but I read on page one of this thread that you can't change your name later on. When playing with others, does it show the name you put in, or does it show your NNID? Just curious.

JulianImp

I'm about to start the game, but I read on page one of this thread that you can't change your name later on. When playing with others, does it show the name you put in, or does it show your NNID? Just curious.

There's an in-game option to toggle between your character's name and your NNID.

Zafir

Was that voluntarily power leveling or just doing side missions and finding yourself overpowered after all that? It's weird how skells make things too easy against enemies you shouldn't be fighting yet, and the whole positive reinforcement loop that comes from said enemies giving you lots of experience and powerful gear.

Heck, last thing I did in-game yesterday was walk into Cauldros and proceed to own nearly every single enmy I saw (while avoiding lv65+ stuff just in case), and I haven't even begun the story mission that takes me to that continent.

I did a tiny bit of powerlevelling to get some of my lower people up
(I only had Lao up to my normal level(excluding Elma and Lin) and you can't use him so... :|
)

My guy ended up around the late 40s after that, the rest came from me trying to get the more powerful level 50 Skell weapons and doing literally every quest I came across. My quest log is empty now. xD

Xenoboy

Completed Chapter 6 around an hour or so ago and now onto the Murderess affinity mission!
Ch. 6 spoilers -
That Telethia just completely wrecked those Sphinxes, well at least I assume it was one.

Gonna get that Skell license soon too.

Golnei

Upon returning to the barracks, a congratulations message and this pops up:

Also unlocks this picture as a wall decal for your barracks. They also give you 5000 reward tickets.

Bit of a shame they left all of the best party members out of the image. If it's supposed to be a reward for 100% completion, it'd be a pretty safe assumption the player might have recruited the optional characters.

Nevermind.

All I see is
Rock - Celica's
companion thing. Where are you
getting Lao from
...?

...I'm really not having the best time with spoilers. Though I guess if what you were alluding to does happen, it's more Sawano's fault than anything. Again.

Mugaaz

which of those are the hardest to get? (600 tickets for one item? RIP)

The top 3 aren't really farmable at that point in the game. The rest are. Although, the advanced core is very difficult to farm. After farming 2 I thought buying it with tickets would be easier. .

Anyone have build suggestions for Lao

Or for the Sniper/lance class in general?

Oh, and in general, whos a good fourth party member after Elma/Lin? (I'm a longsword user)

Zafir

I think the tragedy about the cutscene music is, there's some really good tracks, but they just aren't really utilised at all.

Upon returning to the barracks, a congratulations message and this pops up:

Also unlocks this picture as a wall decal for your barracks. They also give you 5000 reward tickets.

what can you do with 5k reward tickets if you 100% all things

I need to find the elf girl I had her in NLA but is seems she is gone

also where is Mia?

what can you do with 5k reward tickets if you 100% all things

I need to find the elf girl I had her in NLA but is seems she is gone

also where is Mia?

The 100% completion is just from map segments. Not actually from doing every possible thing and crafting/buying everything possible.
Elf Girl is probably at one of her Heart to Heart spots, go check them.
Which part of Mia's quest are you up to?

Bit of a shame they left all of the best party members out of the image. If it's supposed to be a reward for 100% completion, it'd be a pretty safe assumption the player might have recruited the optional characters.

The 100% rating doesn't include Alexa, H.B., Boze, or Yelv since they were originally DLC characters.

The 100% completion is just from map segments. Not actually from doing every possible thing and crafting/buying everything possible.
Elf Girl is probably at one of her Heart to Heart spots, go check them.
Which part of Mia's quest are you up to?

The 100% rating doesn't include Alexa, H.B., Boze, or Yelv since they were originally DLC characters.

I last found her on the ring thing asking us to climb up

I need to find her other hang out spots

It's the network console in the northern room of the Blade Barracks. You can exchange reward tickets (which you earn for completing missions) for most monster drops in the game.

Okay awesome. So another question. When the squad quest monsters are at the bottom right of the screen is there anyway for me to know exactly what monsters they are or do I just have to stumble across them?

Golnei

I think the tragedy about the cutscene music is, there's some really good tracks, but they just aren't really utilised at all.

I don't exactly agree about all of the tracks being good on their own, but it's definitely more of a problem with the sound direction rather than the music itself, for the most part. Even the instrumental pieces are subject to playing over unfitting scenes and transitioning abruptly, as well as more specific problems like the infuriating overuse of that one 'comical' track, which seems like it plays whenever any Nopon, Phog or L is on screen, as well as in half of the NPC conversations. And all of those issues only get worse when the vocal tracks are taken into account...

That's true, but Murderess, Phog, Mia, Frye and Hope don't have much of a reason to be absent.

Zafir

5000 tickets? That must mean you can expand your cap somehow.

Can anyone explain how to raise your reward ticket cap?

I thought it might have been tied to Blade level.

I don't exactly agree about all of the tracks being good on their own, but it's definitely more of a problem with the sound direction rather than the music itself, for the most part. Even the instrumental pieces are subject to playing over unfitting scenes and transitioning abruptly, as well as more specific problems like the infuriating overuse of that one 'comical' track, which seems like it plays whenever any Nopon, Phog or L is on screen, as well as in half of the NPC conversations. And all of those issues only get worse when the vocal tracks are taken into account...

That's true, but Murderess, Phog, Mia, Frye and Hope don't have much of a reason to be absent.
I've warmed up to most of the tracks, but there's still a few I'm not a fan of. Mainly some of the battle music.

Anony

is there a way to get the main screen UI into the gamepad?

at least the minimap? the map on the touchscreen doesnt have the directional arrow

NeonZ

I think they were all side-quest only characters, never appearing in the main story or obligatory affinity quests... Although if you're getting 100% exploration, you should have met all of them anyway. So, yes, that's odd.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I need a way to increase my Skell fuel limit and a way to recharge it faster.

Is it worth it for a Lvl 30 Skell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom