• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

who are those
"Definian" aka shape
shifter
women
xenos?

are those aliens always bad guys?

they have a stupid visor helmet

Their whole design is kind of stupid, not just the helmet.

You never
get one in your party or anything, but at least one sidequest leads to a Delfinian settling in NLA.

thomaszyj

Neo Member
Even though I complete the segment, I can still find a tyrant or a treasure box I've never seen and these stuffs will not affect the exploration rate. I need to pay more attention to some completed segment and maybe there will be a new tyrant waiting for me. Exploration never ends!

Raven77

I am finally "getting" combat!

I love it now, I setup my soul voices, I constantly watch for positioning and flashing arcs so I know to use the right one. I'm also getting better at hitting the B prompts.

- I still wish I had some indication of when a B prompt might pop up, it just seems so random. Maybe i'm missing something here.

- Do P points or whatever they are called carry over to the next battle?

- I am constantly getting weapons that I can't use, do you guys sell them or hang onto them?

- Do you guys wait for cooldowns or wait for someone to call out that arc type before using it or just use it as needed regardless of soul voices?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So decided to go Phoenix and G-Buster hunting and was quite lucky based on some of the horror stories on drop rates. Took me about 30 to 45 mins to get 4 Phoenix weapons, 4 G busters and 4 G2 Busters.

Now i need to earn over 16 million for 4 lvl 50 skells :/

How have you all been earning money relatively quickly. I currently receive 116k from frontier nav and am at 1.4 million last i checked. I decided to leave my game idle to earn credits but are there any faster methods?

Don't forget the 1.5m per party member to get your lvl 55 gear to beat the story.

Zafir

Im just farming for Sekll weapons now. I've got quite a few blue versions. But only one orange G Buster and two orange G2 Busters. No orange phoenix. :X

rhandino

Banned
nevermind, found it.
ANYWAYS, 100% completion reached!

Time taken: 180hours 8minutes
sXE99ow.gif

God, that is going to take me forever, I haven't even touched the two northern continents and I'm deep into the 60 hours.

At least I'm helping NLA people I guess... except for the Celeste Trio quest. What in the world!? I pray for the people that take that quest without at least a Skell or at least a well geared party.

Lexxism

Was it mentioned in the future chapters or missions why
Telethia helped you in chapter 6? Or it was simply toying them like what Elma said.

Zafir

sXE99ow.gif

God, that is going to take me forever, I haven't even touched the two northern continents and I'm deep into the 60 hours.

At least I'm helping NLA people I guess... except for the Celeste Trio quest. What in the world!? I pray for the people that take that quest without at least a Skell or at least a well geared party.

My friend tried that quest before he had a Skell, it didn't end well.

Mugaaz

Im just farming for Sekll weapons now. I've got quite a few blue versions. But only one orange G Buster and two orange G2 Busters. No orange phoenix. :X

People put too much emphasis on how good these are to be honest. If you get sick of farming then move on. You're using these to get the Ares, after that they're not important.

Haunted

Okay awesome. So another question. When the squad quest monsters are at the bottom right of the screen is there anyway for me to know exactly what monsters they are or do I just have to stumble across them?
I have that HUD element disabled, but I suppose you just know/learn the icons after a while.

If you see the monsters out in the wild, there will be a small stylised "S" over their heads.

Haunted

Their whole design is kind of stupid, not just the helmet.

You never
get one in your party or anything, but at least one sidequest leads to a Delfinian settling in NLA.
Yeah, that is one of the major gripes I have with the character designs in the game aside from the creepy real doll faces.

There's absolutely no need for shape shifting aliens that could look like literally anything to wear some sort of bondage outfit designed to show off tits and ass. Same complaint about the female Kilrathi as well as those female Ganglions. Just shitty pandering that makes me think less of the designers (because they think so little of their audience).

I have that HUD element disabled, but I suppose you just know/learn the icons after a while.

If you see the monsters out in the wild, there will be a small stylised "S" over their heads.

Also you can hold R and tap L to cycle through each one and see the names of the enemies you need. This link is very useful for quickly locating Squad Task targets. It'll show you some useful locations where they can be killed quickly and turn Squad Tasks from a 'kill them if you chance upon them' thing to a decent source of quick and easy tickets.

Ridley327

Chapter 10 was fucking awesome.

I was really worried for a second there that they were going to pull the whole "you're not ready to actually destroy Zu Pharg yet!" card, only to be overjoyed when it landed on the ground. Ryzz even said something to the effect of the old "this isn't even my final form" to really drive home how crazy the whole scenario was. It's about as epic a fight as I've seen in an RPG, to the point where I'm worried about the last two chapters matching that kind of experience. Where do you actually go from there as far as threats that would actually match battleship-sized scorpion tank?

The wreckage staying in the center of the lake was a really nice touch, too.

Xenoboy

Celeste Three, just... I didn't see that coming. Can't even finish it now...
And Yikes at the lady who refused to let a Ma-non get into her shop.

sXE99ow.gif

why? Quest was easy
i was level 60 with a good build when I did it yesterday

Zafir

People put too much emphasis on how good these are to be honest. If you get sick of farming then move on. You're using these to get the Ares, after that they're not important.

Well, honestly I was also doubling it up as a way to get Celica up to the same level. She's one of the party members I haven't got Affinity up for, but she was low level too.

Even after a dozen hours in a region, I'm still finding new locations, paths, and secrets; it's crazy how dense the world design is. Oddly, it makes me appreciate the more throw-away quests a lot, giving me unusual goals to strive for (e.g. find item X, which I've never encountered, encouraging me to go into new territory; or, Hunt X for Y, which requires farming specific enemy types and learning how they work, and where they are). It's one of the most well-realised open worlds out there, with how many mechanics come together to make it shine.

Fun stuff.
And Yikes at the lady who refused to let a Ma-non get into her shop.

Should've called that mission No Offense.
...No offense.

random25

Fuck that Sylvalum mission where you gonna get revenge on prone asscaves like fuck those morfo-whatever those fucking flowers joining in the fray and that fucking tyrant that has no business being there decimating my party like fuck. Wait till I bring my A-team to kill every single one of you!

Just ranting a bit after 3 frustrating tries lol. Gonna try a new strategy for that one.

Zafir

Fuck that Sylvalum mission where you gonna get revenge on prone asscaves like fuck those morfo-whatever those fucking flowers joining in the fray and that fucking tyrant that has no business being there decimating my party like fuck. Wait till I bring my A-team to kill every single one of you!

Just ranting a bit after 3 frustrating tries lol. Gonna try a new strategy for that one.

My strategy was - scout a high level dude. :D

I was really underlevelled for it, had been doing stuff with my Skell, so I just couldnt handle the area at all since you can't use it and there's loads of enemies in close proximity. .

I think that's been an annoying problem for me, I don't think I've ever felt I was the right level for something. I've always been under or over.

Pejo

Fuck this game and lack of an autosave option. This is the third fucking time now that I've lost hours worth of progress for forgetting to fucking manually save. I don't expect Nintendo games of all things to be freezing my console, yet here we are. Such a huge waste of time.

random25

My strategy was - scout a high level dude. :D

I was really underlevelled for it, had been doing stuff with my Skell, so I just couldnt handle the area at all since you can't use it and there's loads of enemies in close proximity. .

Actually the fight was doable at my current team, even if I had a lvl.25 Frye at my team. The problem really was the gate crashers that keep appearing out of nowhere, especially that tyrant that I don't see anywhere when I engage the target asscaves then just pops out when I'm close to killing them. Maybe I'll try luring them out of their spots and see if that tyrant will still interrupt.

Ridley327

Fuck this game and lack of an autosave option. This is the third fucking time now that I've lost hours worth of progress for forgetting to fucking manually save. I don't expect Nintendo games of all things to be freezing my console, yet here we are. Such a huge waste of time.

I'm still really surprised that they didn't offer a save option when you want to return to the title screen. Monster Hunter has had that for the longest time.

TheMoon

How about you just ... you know, save?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

The issue with auto-saving in this game could be that it'd lock you in a story or affinity quest that may take you a long time to complete due to low level or whatever. Like that first Lin affinity quest I did. Could have been stuck in there forever if I accepted that mission and wasn't prepared for it. I manually save often myself for this game just like I do with Fallout games... etc.

TheJoRu

The issue with auto-saving in this game could be that it'd lock you in a story or affinity quest that may take you a long time to complete due to low level or whatever. Like that first Lin affinity quest I did. Could have been stuck in there forever if I accepted that mission and wasn't prepared for it. I manually save often myself for this game just like I do with Fallout games... etc.

In all fairness they could've had auto-saves in addition to manual saves. I don't think it's a big problem, though.

Zafir

Actually the fight was doable at my current team, even if I had a lvl.25 Frye at my team. The problem really was the gate crashers that keep appearing out of nowhere, especially that tyrant that I don't see anywhere when I engage the target asscaves then just pops out when I'm close to killing them. Maybe I'll try luring them out of their spots and see if that tyrant will still interrupt.

Oh my entire team was underlevelled.

I still lured even with a higher level scout dude.

Honestly that's been the only time I've had to use a higher level scout. The other quests had been managable.

Pejo

How about you just ... you know, save?

What a great idea. Hey everybody, it's the great idea guy.

Yea I get what you're saying, but a simple save prompt on quest completion would alleviate all the problems I've had. That way you're not forced into it, and not stuck in anything. Actually, they do this for the story missions already, would have been great to just add it to all mission completes.

random25

Oh my entire team was underlevelled.

I still lured even with a higher level scout dude.

Honestly that's been the only time I've had to use a higher level scout. The other quests had been managable.

Yeah if my strategy still doesn't work I'm gonna bring Team Elma for this part of the quest as the original trio plus an extra has always been my best party. I'm only bringing other guys for the affinity and experience, but looks like it's not worth it for this fight.

NeonZ

Does anyone know where's Yelv's 2nd affinity mission? It's supposed to be in the administrative district, and I already have all requirements, but it's not appearing on my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom