• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon

So I beat the main story with my level 30 skells. That was a mother fucker, lol. Now I have my level 50 bunny, and I'll be working to finish off the rest if mira. GOTY for me.

Also, end story spoilers.
how do I use real elma?

Godcannon

Having a really hard time getting 15000 credits on frontier nav. Last mission left for skells ugh

Yeah that was brutal, Quick tips.

- use primordia or whatever.

- place only research probes. Remove all else.

- each data probe on the grid will display traits, that benefit different probes, in the form of a letter grade. You want to place higher ranked research probes on the higher ranked revenue locations.

- Link probes together, try different combinations and orders, and make sure you use/have the booster and duplicator. You get those from missions.

-if your having trouble getting data probes, make sure you talk to elenorea or something like that by the mission selection at the administration district concourse. Upgrade mechanical 3 so you can unlock all data probes.

Hope that helps. Just got mine and oh my god its worth it.

Finally got my fourth skell and went back for CH 10 boss fight. Ended up actually doing a lot of damage that time...but it escaped in the second part and I ran halfway across Sylvanum to catch up to it out of my skell. After dying I hopped back with a full skell party and went to town.

"Zanza", my green colored freebie
"Motisma", an orange and blue Rotom inspired one.
"Shulkbuster", a red and blue Monado inspired one
"Expander", a brown and red highlights DK inspired one.

Now I have the 50s unlocked, should I work towards saving up for an Inferno? Or a heavier one?

Mfw taking the buster out and one hit ko-ing tyrants and Indigens that attack me.

Level wise what should I be aiming for before starting 11? And is there a quick way to get affinity up besides doing missions and stuff? I'm trying to catch up with characters I never use like Phog and Yelv

Blues1990

Finally got my fourth skell and went back for CH 10 boss fight. Ended up actually doing a lot of damage that time...but it escaped in the second part and I ran halfway across Sylvanum to catch up to it out of my skell. After dying I hopped back with a full skell party and went to town.

"Zanza", my green colored freebie
"Motisma", an orange and blue Rotom inspired one.
"Shulkbuster", a red and blue Monado inspired one
"Expander", a brown and red highlights DK inspired one.

Now I have the 50s unlocked, should I work towards saving up for an Inferno? Or a heavier one?

Mfw taking the buster out and one hit ko-ing tyrants and Indigens that attack me.

Level wise what should I be aiming for before starting 11? And is there a quick way to get affinity up besides doing missions and stuff? I'm trying to catch up with characters I never use like Phog and Yelv

I would definitely suggest the Affinity Quests/Heart-to-Heart side quests, as they add context to the game's plot, as well as to show those character's aspirations and what they want to do with their new lives on planet Mira.
In addition, several of those characters will make an appearance in Chapter 12 & beyond.

Try to link your research probes and use booster and duplicate probes.

Yeah that was brutal, Quick tips.

- use primordia or whatever.

- place only research probes. Remove all else.

- each data probe on the grid will display traits, that benefit different probes, in the form of a letter grade. You want to place higher ranked research probes on the higher ranked revenue locations.

- Link probes together, try different combinations and orders, and make sure you use/have the booster and duplicator. You get those from missions.

-if your having trouble getting data probes, make sure you talk to elenorea or something like that by the mission selection at the administration district concourse. Upgrade mechanical 3 so you can unlock all data probes.

Hope that helps. Just got mine and oh my god its worth it.

Thanks! I got it. I wasted like 60k credits rearranging my probes. I just took off all of my mining probes. It makes no sense how i earn more credits with basic probes then chaining 5 mining probes together. Whatever. It worked! Ugh

Malus

Reminder to check if you can buy the item you need for a quest with Reward Tickets. Spent like 20 minutes before I remembered >_>

And the item was common. DIDN'T SEEM THAT WAY. Apparently I wasn't targeting the right body part.

Finally had an off-day from work and spent the whole day exploring the first three continents with my new Skell. You can reach amazing heights with just the extra jumping power. Got several probes put down, then I finally started The Repair Job quest for Lin. I'm in no rush to progress the story at the moment, and the freedom is rather liberating even though the story isn't as gripping.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Subtitles? There is no way to adjust the sound, that's been mentioned here before, to say the least.

Ugh subtitles are lame but I think that's what I'll have to do.

Oddly addicted to this game despite not ring a Quests guy, but its still so intimidating. How do I upgrade my Mechnical?

-Horizon-

Ugh subtitles are lame but I think that's what I'll have to do.

Oddly addicted to this game despite not ring a Quests guy, but its still so intimidating. How do I upgrade my Mechnical?
Up your blade level and then talk to Elenora at the mission board.

I think it's a mandatory part of the game where they'll explain it.

Baliis

Thanks! I got it. I wasted like 60k credits rearranging my probes. I just took off all of my mining probes. It makes no sense how i earn more credits with basic probes then chaining 5 mining probes together. Whatever. It worked! Ugh

Well mining probes decrease your revenue, so... The trick for me was just the research probe placement, moving them off D/Es to As did it easy though. Figuring out how to get the amount for some later quests was brutal though.

So, can someone explain to me why a Fuel Recovery probe in one of Sylvalum's S-Rank support spots can refuel my Skell WHILE IT'S FLYING, but another Fuel Recover probe placed on an S-Rank spot in Cauldros doesn't do jack in that regard?

So, can someone explain to me why a Fuel Recovery probe in one of Sylvalum's S-Rank support spots can refuel my Skell WHILE IT'S FLYING, but another Fuel Recover probe placed on an S-Rank spot in Cauldros doesn't do jack in that regard?
Maybe the fuel recovery probes are different levels? I dunno, I've only gotten one fuel probe so far.

I GOT MY MOTHERFUCKIN SKELL

WE IN THIS

IM GONNA BE SO TIRED FOR WORK TOMORROW BUT IDGAFFFFFFFFFFFF

45 HOURS AND 25 LEVELS LATER. THIS IS SO AWESOME. THIS GODDAMN GAME MAN <333333

Well mining probes decrease your revenue, so... The trick for me was just the research probe placement, moving them off D/Es to As did it easy though. Figuring out how to get the amount for some later quests was brutal though.

Yeah I assumed that more mining = more revenue. I was pretty confused about what they did. I dont even know if I need to mine more miranium. So if I unlock all the scenic areas in each probe hexagon, I'll earn more revenue for that section?

Are you sure you're not confusing the Fuel Recovery effect with Sylvalum's Energy Mist Weather Effect?

Oblivia during sandstrom is so pretty x.x
This picture doesn't do it justice.

MeNNkBD.jpg

Chaos17

Just finished chapter 6 :
- I don't know what happened between beasts but that was pretty damn cool and I kinda wanted to see Tatsu dad poping up from the dragon and say "hello son!" lol
- Elma holds too many secrets, she clearly had an hunch about where came from the mecha I just retrived.
- Tatsu was pretty dumb there, I mean more dumber than usual.
Overwall feeling > I liked what I saw

WVW69irdW-ELblpcqK

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkt0c8nRA

The music is so over powering and loud I miss a good chunk of dialogue during cut scenes and it pissed me off. Are there no solutions for this?
Enable subtitles ?

Delio

Well finished the game. I think I was overleveled cause the last boss was basically yawn and press whatever and win. Welp time for the big grind for end game gear.

Chaos17

Well finished the game. I think I was overleveled cause the last boss was basically yawn and press whatever and win. Welp time for the big grind for end game gear.

Well, you should be happy because you won't be part of the angry people who're under leveled and flame on the game beacause of that.

Yeah I assumed that more mining = more revenue. I was pretty confused about what they did. I dont even know if I need to mine more miranium. So if I unlock all the scenic areas in each probe hexagon, I'll earn more revenue for that section?

Scenic Views give huge bonuses to credit generation, yeah. There's an area in Oblivia (near the center) that's a perfect place to group research probes, boosters, and duplicators together for huge returns.

For mining, it's a longer game of chaining a lot of smaller probes together. Get a couple 8-chains and they really add up. After a while, you'll have enough probes to upgrade the whole chain to higher tier probes, which will massively increase their production. Just make sure to chain your storage probes together so you can actually store all the miranium! IIf you're maxed out, spend it on upgrades or invest in an Arms Manufacturer to ensure you never throw miranium away due to a lack of storage.
Oblivia during sandstrom is so pretty x.x
This picture doesn't do it justice.

MeNNkBD.jpg

Oblivia is weird. Take the bardic birds, for instance:
UJBcqcU.jpg

Yes, they're disguised as a totem. It's a tactic both clever and terrifying.

I didn't dare fight them.

Malus

Normal quest spoiler
Kill a guy's pet, spit on his dream for revenge against the people who killed his mother, and threaten to kill him. Yeah I ain't no Shulk lol.

random25

Hahaha destroyed those asscaves finally. Even if that stupid tyrant and those flying flowers keep messming us up, with near unlimited overdrive party nothing can stop us! Finally done with that normal quest.

50%+ in Oblivia, 40% in Cauldros and near 70% on the first 3 continents. Practically 50% in each areas of NLA. Guess I'll go to Chapter 9 now.

Sooo are gravity weapons good? I finally unlocked all the vendors and was just wondering about the perks of gravity weapons. Lol

Against heavy/large/metallic enemies, yeah. You're overspecializing yourself into a corner though against smaller enemies if you go all-gravity though. I think as far as ground-gear goes Mechanoid Slayer augments are useful.

Leave your Gravity needs to the G-Buster.

...Ahem, speaking of Gravity though, does anyone know if Ground Gear elemental resistances stack with a Skell's? IE, is my Skell pilot gear's gravity resistance counteracting my Skell's gravity weakness?

Wait... is there one?

If this were any other game, I wouldn't even consider the notion. But XBCX is wild enough to do it.
There's a square icon on the city that appears to already been activated, but I just assumed that was just the point where the city receives the resources you are probing.

Now that it's mentioned, I'm actually gonna check it out.

aww yeah can't wait for the sub-10 speedruns

(get to chapter 5 in 2 hours like a boss)

(this is where I also point out the current Xenoblade WR is a rather unoptimized 6:15:55)
Also if any powerleveling is needed (it is a significant portion of the Xenoblade run time...yes and that is even with using two glitches to get to level 50 near the start of the game) it is just as simple to pull off in this game except for feeling intentional (I doubt enemies being despawned to insta kill them or kicking enemies off cliffs into water were intentional)

I think just like the first Xenoblade loading times are going to be a big part of the overall run time (the best Xenoblade Chronicles times are onb the Wii U eShop download which given that has faster loading than disc is no coincidence I feel).

Delio

Well, you should be happy because you won't be part of the angry people who're under leveled and flame on the game beacause of that.

lol I like to be over prepared so I should have expected I was overleveled. Ugh now i'm trying to kill that Joker Tyrant for the exp but i barely get it to half health with a phoenix attack. Do I really need the gold phoenix weapon for this?

lol I like to be over prepared so I should have expected I was overleveled. Ugh now i'm trying to kill that Joker Tyrant for the exp but i barely get it to half health with a phoenix attack. Do I really need the gold phoenix weapon for this?
If you mean non-shop bought one, it helps.

Does you mech have thermal damage up augments on the armour (one of the shop bought heavies does)? Are you using insectoid slayer XX augments on the Skell weaponry?

If those fail to work out do something like put some attack probes in the region.

Personally I've yet to try Joker with phoenix (my only kills have been from trying out a superweapon you get from a quest and I couldn't one shot it but the heavy I was using has crappy ranged attack).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait... is there one?

If this were any other game, I wouldn't even consider the notion. But XBCX is wild enough to do it.

If you check the map there's an empty square at the center of NLA. Though I guess it's probably...

There's a square icon on the city that appears to already been activated, but I just assumed that was just the point where the city receives the resources you are probing.

Now that it's mentioned, I'm actually gonna check it out.

...this.

ohlawd

oh man chapter 10 boss took too long. I knew I could lock onto different parts but I stuck to my guns and targetted the main body

welp, even wasted an item to heal my skell.

Vainamo, the Bellower...

I'm at level 60 & have a fleet of level 50 Skells with level 50 G Busters, and this monstrosity kicked my ass into next Tuesday.

He is overpowered for his level in that he has like 10x the hp. I beat him with evasion spec'd skells. Once you have like 300 evasion you can't be touched except for stuff 15 levels higher then you.

Gbusters get too much praise. Too much fuel, too long a cooldown. Can't spec a mech effectively toward gravity

Slap some beam mods on your mech and go with XXsnipers. You'll do similar damage, at range, w/ half the cooldown, plus you can go beam crazy across your entire arsenal (beam back weapons, beam sidearms, etc).

An Amudias spec'd with beam on most weapons + armor opens for like ~150k with an XX sniper.

oh man chapter 10 boss took too long. I knew I could lock onto different parts but I stuck to my guns and targetted the main body

welp, even wasted an item to heal my skell.

Just did this. Indeed took awhile but at least something was a challenge for Level 30 Skells.

Pretty soon it'll be time to grab myself a 50.

CPCunha

He's the leader of Team Tatsu, and just like any leader,
all he does is watch lol.

If you are talking about battle mechanics, just slow down and take in all the information while in a fight. Position, what the arts do, at what effect they are boosted, like positioning or in combos, and the B-prompts for soul voice. It will clivk once you get the hang of it.

I think i'm doing OK in combat... i just feel insecure about items/battle points usage. I'm level 28 right now and:

1. Maxed out the first two weapon manufacturers, but i'm yet to mess with augs. I almost got lost in weapon and armor drops so around level 20 i sold EVERYTHING i had, bar what i had equipped. Do you guys BUY items at the store or are you rolling with drops only?

2. Maxed some arts and skills but i don't know if i should be saving BPs for skell arts (is that a thing?)

Anyways, so many layers... i tend to get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom