• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

How on earth do I equip Skell Frame Augments?
Are sure you were on the right one? Maybe you were clicking the armor instead? It should be the bottom one on the right side.
tumblr_nzpql01y3K1svt5z8o1_1280.jpg
If you were on the right spot, maybe there's no available spot anymore?

Worst design decision in the game is having to go back to the barracks whenever a skell is wrecked to recover it

WTF. Waste of my time. It should recover whenever I lose a fight, fast travel, etc

So how viable is Skell evasion build? Some tyrants can 2-3 shots my Ares lol.

It's pretty good on most tyrants sub 65, and a few over 65. You still want to cushion the armor with some HP augments in case something does get through.

Some tyrants got insane accuracy though. I roll with 3 light skells with 300-350 evasion. I cannot kill the
Chimera in Oblivia
but I can curbstomp the
Chimera in Primodria
w/ barely a scratch.

What level are you ?
My party was lvl 25+ and it went fine.
Yeah, I did that quest a bit late, I guess.

Uhhhh what? I'm level 52 and haven't heard a thing about any Murderess mission. I talk to her and she just says some things about me finding a quest worthy of her attention.

oakenhild

Worst design decision in the game is having to go back to the barracks whenever a skell is wrecked to recover it

WTF. Waste of my time. It should recover whenever I lose a fight, fast travel, etc

I don't have my skells yet, but how often does this happen where you wreck skells? I try to avoid the barracks as much as possible due to the camera controls.

ultron87

This is probably some misunderstanding of the gear system, but what's the reason you'd want to use armor that isn't the highest defense? IE why would you use all the light/medium gear? Is there some class or set of Arts that benefits from it more?

Lexxism

I don't have my skells yet, but how often does this happen where you wreck skells? I try to avoid the barracks as much as possible due to the camera controls.
It's really up to you. There are monster that than wreck your Skell in a few attacks. You need to be wise on who will fight or else you will need to visit the barracks every time.

Also my forgetting to save last night has another consequence. I saved before trading the Telethia appendages in. So I got 30 reward tickets instead of around 1000. Thanks game for your nonesense systems (when a nemesis goes you get 1 medal per appendage if you've not traded them...why not let me keep them in my inventory or trade them for as much I would have actually get). Turns out the save was before the Frye/Phog affinity mission though so I can see the other side after all...but 1000 reward tickets :(

Wait...I don't understand what you're trying to say here at all.

When I fight the global nemesis, I get drops from them, which AFAIK can only be used for turning in for tickets.

Also at the end of the week or whatever, they leave and a new Nemesis shows up and you get 90-something parts from them, which I guess are used for crafting.

What am I supposed to do at what time to get extra tickets? Am I supposed to NOT turn in the normal parts I get for tickets until the end of the week or something?

Kyzon

Depends on how good you are at fights (sometimes how lucky if you accidentally aggro a tyrant you're way over powered for.

If your Skell's HP drops to 0 then it blows up and you have to go to the barracks to fix it.

Not very often in my experience (especially since level 30 ones hardly take damage to anything you throw at it until deep into Sylvalium), but it's usually wise to save your game before intending to take any risks.

Fandangox

... Any good setup to make cash fast? Or farming it, maybe?

Try to get all the probes in Cauldros and Oblivia, get all the sighseeing spots, and in both of these regions there's a good set up for putting a duplicator probe in a intersection and then surround it with high leveled research probes on the probes with sightseeing spots, you should be able to also boost the duplicator and really get in dat money fast.

Does anyone know a good way to try and get a Photon Saber with TP Gain on Arts other than crafting the augment myself? The way they chain arts would be great for it but sadly I can't find any, just Crush: Gain TP. Does Six Stars have those on their upgrade path?

Does anyone know a good way to try and get a Photon Saber with TP Gain on Arts other than crafting the augment myself? The way they chain arts would be great for it but sadly I can't find any, just Crush: Gain TP. Does Six Stars have those on their upgrade path?

I think I got one with that attribute from farming Joker.

How important are augments? I'm on Chapter 7, level 30 and haven't used one yet.
It's important if you want to farm those really high level tyrants post game I guess. For main story, not so much.

Chaos17

My MC is 25, but Irina is 20. I keep switching around my third but I can't beat them.

Try to hire a high lvl player as your third character.
Maybe it can help you.

Uhhhh what? I'm level 52 and haven't heard a thing about any Murderess mission. I talk to her and she just says some things about me finding a quest worthy of her attention.

You need to witness first a cutscene with Irina (not your party), where she will mention Murderess.
Probably based by affinity, I don't remember how I got that custscene with Irina.
After that, the affinity mission will unlock next to Muurderess.

NeonZ

This is probably some misunderstanding of the gear system, but what's the reason you'd want to use armor that isn't the highest defense? IE why would you use all the light/medium gear? Is there some class or set of Arts that benefits from it more?

The advantage of the lighter armor is that it allows more augment upgrades, so more attack power, for example. If you aren't upgrading the augments, there's no point in using lighter versions of the same company's armor, yes.

Lexxism

Try looking around in the hangar. Maybe you have the quest already and you just didn't notice it. It's not really that easy to spot. I had the same problem and I just didn't notice her

rhandino

Banned
Why this little robot in Oblivia dropped a sword that does 12000 in a single hit? And why I'm not really feeling this sword because it always seems to do trash damage and takes a lot to charge...

Ummmm.

Also, I still haven't decided what Skell to main. I think I going to stuck with the Inferno model because while love his vehicle mode and would look amazing with Elma's Verus and Lin's Mastema.

EDIT: I would name them Yveltal (Elma) Zygarde (Lin) and Xerneas (Mine)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why this little robot in Oblivia dropped a sword that does 12000 in a single hit? And why I'm not really feeling this sword because it always seems to do trash damage and takes a lot to charge...

Ummmm.

Also, I still haven't decided what Skell to main. I think I going to stuck with the Inferno model because I love the vehicle mode but Lailah looks amazing.

What's the weapon damage? If it's beam then it'll devastate enemies skells.

ohlawd

crap, lvl 50 now and supposedly I'm supposed to have lvl 5 Sakuraba for lvl 50 Skells. just 40k more points for lvl 5 tho

I don't understand AMs. it says equipping something improves research, but I'm fully decked out in Manon gear (C&C) and I don't get points for the company

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
crap, lvl 50 now and supposedly I'm supposed to have lvl 5 Sakuraba for lvl 50 Skells. just 40k more points for lvl 5 tho

I don't understand AMs. it says equipping a gear improves research, but I'm fully decked out in Manon gear (C&C) and I don't get points for the company

I think it stops working after a certain point.

arimanius

So has anyone gone down the enforcer class to mastermind? I figured the class would be helpful but not feeling the weapons or skills. Only a level 9 enforcer right now.

NeonZ

I don't understand AMs. it says equipping something improves research, but I'm fully decked out in Manon gear (C&C) and I don't get points for the company

When you first get the equipment and then equip it, it'll mean points for the company when you check the AM screen afterwards. The same equipment won't give points just for continuing to use it though.

Reszo

Im stick on that "A Day in the Life" quest. I cant seem to get a blue electrical tentacle. Where do placid duoguills spawn?

NeonZ

Im stick on that "A Day in the Life" quest. I cant seem to get a blue electrical tentacle. Where do placid duoguills spawn?

You can just use multiplayer tickets to buy monster materials with your base console... If you don't have those or don't want to waste them there, they spawn in that swamp in front of a cave, a bit to the northeast of NLA. There's a fast travel point going directly there.

So what's the disadvantage of Skells? I go my level 20 one and it dominates. Can handle level 30 enemies and what not. Does the level mean less than your characters level and what they can fight?

MegaPanda

So has anyone gone down the enforcer class to mastermind? I figured the class would be helpful but not feeling the weapons or skills. Only a level 9 enforcer right now.

I'm leveling through the Mastermind class now. Skills are...a little lackluster tbh. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Healing my teammates is nice but I feel like I give up way too much damage by staying in this class. Was forced to switch back to Duelist to get past a story boss.

Reszo

Just buy it with tickets, the drop rate is abysmal.

You can just use multiplayer tickets to buy monster materials with your base console... If you don't have those or don't want to waste them there, they spawn in that swamp in front of a cave, a bit to the northeast of NLA. There's a fast travel point going directly there.

Lol omg thanks! Didn't realize I could have just bought it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So what's the disadvantage of Skells? I go my level 20 one and it dominates. Can handle level 30 enemies and what not. Does the level mean less than your characters level and what they can fight?

Skells can't go everywhere, there's a few hard fights where you can't use them, and if you spec right you can do more damage against certain enemies on foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom