• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Almost bottom of the page, I'll try again;

What's a great class to use in chapter 11?

I'm still at the beginning of the doorway where you enter the Ganglion stronghold. I'm at lvl 50 now, same goes for Elma and Lin; I have my best set-up available and I'm still not progressong. The Marnuck soldiers are really hard to handle and they always find a way to kill me just before I kill them. And when I succeed, there's a tyrant right after two waves of troops. Yay.

Is there a quick resource for sightseeing spots? I'd like to maximize my probes on Noctilum, Primordia, and Oblivia at the least for where I'm currently at in game. I have a skell but can't fly yet. For example, where the heck is the spot at FN site 222 in Noctilum? I've wandered all over that grid point and found squat.

Yup, definitely. More often than not, it's possible to scale a lot of seemingly impossible cliffs, making it just a matter of approaching the obstacle from the correct angle. The density of the world can make this a lot harder than it seems, though...

It's really giving Skyrim a run for it's money in this department. I can't think of an open world game with more enjoyable traversal; it just feels right.

One thing that helps is that most of the terrain in the game has enough geometric variation that you can 'mountain goat' your way up slopes. They're not all just a bunch of flat slopes that cause you to slide down. I really appreciate that the developers allowed for this kind of landscape detail, as it is very rewarding for people who like to explore.

I had a bullshit class since i had just finished maxing one entire tree. Elma, Lin, and Hope all around 40, me at 49. I used skells to massacre the first group and took the others two at a time. Ran past the tyrant and then something went wrong so just booked it until i hit the cutscene and all encounters reset.

In short, class isn't that important. Just go slow and steady. There are elevators by the tyrant so i wouldn't start booking it until you know which one to take. Plus, they might not work in combat.

I just checked the Beachside Trove cave in Oblivia that trick works there everything I collect is credits and no enemies to bother you

just park your Skell at the cave opening and return to Skell to get repeat

Ventara

Finished Chapter 9 last night. It was actually tough since all my guys were still wearing lv. 15 equipment. The Skell fight was a breeze. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting the flight modules tonight.

Guys help, managed to get the storm weather in Cauldros but I have zero idea where the hell is Coil the Never-Ending, where the hell is that guy

Am I doing something wrong with the Galactic Knight class? I can't get it to do nearly as much damage as my Duelist setup and I can use the Ramjet Rifle for bonkers Overdrive every, 30s TP coming out of my ass craziness. I like the look of the Psycho Launchers + Lightsaber, I don't wanna mix weapons.

What do guys?

Man, I hadn't realized how much the exploration was pulling me through this game. I was playing for hours straight while I was home sick last week, but now that I'm running out of probe sites to discover and going through more and more content that appears to have been designed around skells, I can barely bring myself to play for an hour uninterrupted. The feeling of having to tame Mira just to survive was exhilarating, but with the whole squad now in skells, all the excitement of maneuvering around high-level enemies and climbing along every possible surface to find a path that lead to a seemingly impossible-to-reach location has just disappeared. I was so stoked to earn my skell and flight module, but now that I've toyed around with them for a while, I kind of find myself wishing they weren't a part of the game. :/

Ventara

Guys help, managed to get the storm weather in Cauldros but I have zero idea where the hell is Coil the Never-Ending, where the hell is that guy

I checked the guide but it just says Cauldros, lol. Sorry. Isn't there usually a pointer arrow leading you to the tyrant bosses? And wow, the guy has 1.7 mil HP.

Thud

Hah, check your phone :)

Basically just keep trying and deal with them one by one. As for the tyrants, they're mecharoids so you can counter that with the right arts. I found it easier to deal with the grunts before taking on the tyrants.

I used a duelist build myself with a party of Elma, Lin and Doug with levels 42-49. Took me a few tries. The boss is a joke lol.

Fishlake

I just realized I have spent over 24 hours in this game and I got it less than a week ago. I still have Christmas shopping to do as well so I'll take a break until I get that done.

jmizzal

6clCX0m.jpg

Elma that is some woman lol

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
It almost feels like the Skells were tacked on after the game was already developed. They seem like a mod that kind of breaks the game, but it's so fun they left it in anyway.

It almost feels like the Skells were tacked on after the game was already developed. They seem like a mod that kind of breaks the game, but it's so fun they left it in anyway.

Charting with a flying skell is night and day. I did half if Sylvalum in about 15 minutes. Completely different feeling (a worse one)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Well they are a requirement to do some things and get some places so they have their place, but honestly I try to stay on foot if I can help it.

You can tell the final two zones were designed with skells in mind.

ivysaur12

Banned

I'm really glad they kept flying so late in the game, because it really does change everything.

Also, I wish there was a Colony 9-type quest. Like rebuilding part of New LA.

Man, I hadn't realized how much the exploration was pulling me through this game. I was playing for hours straight while I was home sick last week, but now that I'm running out of probe sites to discover and going through more and more content that appears to have been designed around skells, I can barely bring myself to play for an hour uninterrupted. The feeling of having to tame Mira just to survive was exhilarating, but with the whole squad now in skells, all the excitement of maneuvering around high-level enemies and climbing along every possible surface to find a path that lead to a seemingly impossible-to-reach location has just disappeared. I was so stoked to earn my skell and flight module, but now that I've toyed around with them for a while, I kind of find myself wishing they weren't a part of the game. :/

You do realize that you don't have to use the skells, right? Also, there are many places for you to explore on foot that have nothing to do with probes. They're still difficult to traverse and your reward will be the vistas that you discover once you finally reach your destination.

As for the skells, they're still very useful for traversal. Squad tasks often ask you to hunt certain species, and they give you very little info on their whereabouts. Hunting them down is a perfect opportunity to take advantage of your skell's mobility. Searching for species across a continent in a skell very much feels like the kind of exploration you experience on foot. With the continents being so vast, it isn't an easy task to find a species if you don't already know where they are, and there are an unlimited amount of squad tasks for you to complete.

So my advice is to either abandon the skell and continue to explore on foot, or start doing squad tasks.

Leiru

So after finishing the game a message popped up with elenora saying something, but i accidentally skipped it. did it say anything important?

uh, there's a quest, mild spoiler:
"Booming Business" (normal quest), you can talk to a girl in upper administrative district (a girl who run a shop), but at least you should met L first

Oh nice. I started that quest but I feel like I have to get every probe to get to 30% survey rate in Oblivia. Currently at like 22% :(

KarmaCow

Charting with a flying skell is night and day. I did half if Sylvalum in about 15 minutes. Completely different feeling (a worse one)

Yea it completely nullifies the smaller moment to moment stuff when running around like getting the collectible blue orbs or needing to take alternate paths to avoid enemies or just terrain, not to mention you miss the scale the of the world flying over it.

You do realize that you don't have to use the skells, right? Also, there are many places for you to explore on foot that have nothing to do with probes. They're still difficult to traverse and your reward will be the vistas that you discover once you finally reach your destination.

Ditching skells won't do a thing for an area like Sylvalum, a barren region that clearly feels designed around skells and lacks the geometric diversity and clever enemy placement that made Noctilum, Primordia, and Oblivia so fun to explore. The little I've explored of Cauldros leaves me with the same impression, but I'll avoid making any premature judgments about it.

Squad tasks often ask you to hunt certain species, and they give you very little info on their whereabouts. Hunting them down is a perfect opportunity to take advantage of your skell's mobility. Searching for species across a continent in a skell very much feels like the kind of exploration you experience on foot. With the continents being so vast, it isn't an easy task to find a species if you don't already know where they are, and there are an unlimited amount of squad tasks for you to complete.

However, I'll give this a shot. It's not necessarily what I was looking for, but it sounds more appealing than working towards the final two story missions at this point, and I've been meaning to put more time into the online component anyway.

Well they are a requirement to do some things and get some places so they have their place, but honestly I try to stay on foot if I can help it.

You can tell the final two zones were designed with skells in mind.

Cauldros yes, but Sylvalum? It's even more open and doable on foot than Oblivia.

NeonZ

Cauldros yes, but Sylvalum? It's even more open and doable on foot than Oblivia.

That's exactly its problem though. All the routes and open areas are larger than Primordia's or Oblivia's. It's clear that it was designed with the player traversing those distances using a Skell in vehicle mode in mind, rather than running around. I think even Cauldros is better for exploration by foot. The main issue there is just all locations that require a flying Skells, but it's generally a much less open location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom