• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Duplicators will copy all surrounding probes and act as if those probes were placed on the Duplicator's node, except for other Duplicators(or their duplicated contents). So in your example, the node the Duplicator is sitting on would produce miranium/credits as if a Booster and two Storages were on it. The Booster to its left would apply to the two Storages being duplicated and give whatever bonus level the Booster is(1.5x for Booster 1, 2x for Booster 2). Then the copied Booster would apply to the two adjacent Storage probes to the right/below. So it would be like in your last guess, where there are effectively 4 boosted Storage probes.

Duplicators don't copy chain bonuses that adjacent probes might have, but if you have three Duplicators chained together, all of the copied probes within them have the Duplicator's chain bonus applied. The only oddity involved with that is when you have copied Boosters inside chained Duplicators: the chain bonus only applies once when those Boosters boost adjacent things. Probably has something to do with the way Boosters/chains are multiplicative instead of additive.

Thanks man. That's very helpful.

One of the things I was mulling over which led me to this problem was how to arrange the three storage probes I have now: should I chain them and place a duplicator between one booster and one storage, or if I shouldn't chain anything and just place a duplicator in a hub node that's surrounded by multiple storage probes and maybe a booster probe. I think I have a good idea now of what setups will help optimize my probe yields.

Of course finding the right spots for these while still getting the most out of sightseeing spots for Research Probes is another issue...

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Ohhh, you're that Shiori guy. The guy with the half finished build would've been me (Charlie). Those were some great runs we did.
I've been meaning to get some potential XX augments but i've been spending too much time raising all the party member's affinity and trying to get an electromagnetic storm to trigger....
On the brightside my overall completion is now 96.55%

Sorry I didn't even see this until today. I was probably glued to the game at the time ><

I didn't even know/thought of you as a GAF member at the time.

This game...

U41Le4D.jpg

Oblivia is just gorgeous.

WVW69iquQsM1KMm1v7

lost all my Skells decided to run around on foot again

that follow ball is damn cool

looking for Coil the Never-Ending in Cauldros
got up there without any enemy argro and at a dead-end the follow ball went UP to the ceiling :(

dammit

no credit to get my Skell from the shop

Sorry I didn't even see this until today. I was probably glued to the game at the time ><

I didn't even know/thought of you as a GAF member at the time.
Haha, no worries.

looking for Coil the Never-Ending in Cauldros
got up there without any enemy argro and at a dead-end the follow ball went UP to the ceiling :(

dammit

no credit to get my Skell from the shop

Coil is up on the connecting railing that runs between those floating structure things. If you have trouble getting electromagnetic storm to trigger again try doing it during the early morning time period. Seems like that weather has a higher chance to trigger then.

Vena

Somehow I ended up getting the mats for Urban 60 before I got the mats for Ares-90.

Not sure what to do... or how that happened.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Somehow I ended up getting the mats for Urban 60 before I got the mats for Ares-90.

Not sure what to do...

Still loving the Urban I see. Now I'm just sticking with my ground Ether Blossom Dance build. It's so fun trying to keep that overdrive going and keeping that dmg at max (x6.0).

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
So I played this on my buddies Wii U and liked it so much that I actually bought the Wii U and this game. Not very often I'll buy a system for 1 game

Vena

Still loving the Urban I see. Now I'm just sticking with my ground Ether Blossom Dance build. It's so fun trying to keep that overdrive going and keeping that dmg at max (x6.0).

Well I made a nigh-invincible Urban 50 (lol evasion stacking), who's damage becomes utterly insane with OD since I have higher stats than a Ares-90. I am tempted to just make the Urban 60 and start working on loldead super weapons.

But I don't get all the super-op arts that Ares has with the Urban and my battles are slow.

For ground, I am happy with my OD Photon Build (no one move), with Gunforce I have Third Cooldowns ready on near perfect back to back skill usage. Its an Energizer Bunny build lol.

I'm definitely going to be employing your method to max out my classes. Ramjet is that quest assault rifle from Alexa's first affinity mission, correct? I believe the end skill for Partisan Eagle boosts TP gain in overdrive by the by. Might help your build.

One thing I would recommend when using the Ramjet Rifle is to get the Quick Reload skill or some other auto attack cooldown reducer. 10 seconds per shot is harsh.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Well I made a nigh-invincible Urban 50 (lol evasion stacking), who's damage becomes utterly insane with OD since I have higher stats than a Ares-90. I am tempted to just make the Urban 60 and start working on loldead super weapons.

But I don't get all the super-op arts that Ares has with the Urban and my battles are slow.

Go for it =). Let me know how it goes. I am still planning to get all lvl 60 frames eventually.

Haha, no worries.

Coil is up on the connecting railing that runs between those floating structure things. If you have trouble getting electromagnetic storm to trigger again try doing it during the early morning time period. Seems like that weather has a higher chance to trigger then.

good tips

Flight ruined the world for me

no flight opens it up but plenty of puzzles to solve and cave to discover

Haha, no worries.

I flew my Skell to the roof late night just before early morning as soon as time changed I got out of the Skell jumped off the roof and hit Return to Skell

did that 5 times and Coil was right over head I was not suited up for electric though at least this works so I'll grind some augments

rhandino

Banned
I think that Oblivia is perfect for the Skells vehicle mode while in Noctilum I almost never use it because I tend to get stuck in the scenery but I kind of feel that flying at low level among the lushness make a sigth to behold.

I still need to reach Sylvalum and Cauldros =/

Godcannon

Gotta say if I haven't already, but whoever is doing Lin's voice is doing a fantastic job.

That's been one of the most pleasant surprises for me, the voice acting in general. I'm so used to having these JRPGs with the voice acting completely killing the game for me. It's probably my #1 gripe with most of them. Her character is very likeable and that is not something I typically feel about JRPG characters, especially adding in the fact shes a kid n all. My last experience with a kid in a jrpg was Hope in FFXIII, needless to say I couldn't finish it, and started moaning even at the beginning with " moms are tough".

X is pretty much the JRPG I've been waiting for for years and years. So thankful.

X Gon Giv It To Ya

correojon

That's been one of the most pleasant surprises for me, the voice acting in general. I'm so used to having these JRPGs with the voice acting completely killing the game for me. It's probably my #1 gripe with most of them. Her character is very likeable and that is not something I typically feel about JRPG characters, especially adding in the fact shes a kid n all. My last experience with a kid in a jrpg was Hope in FFXIII, needless to say I couldn't finish it, and started moaning even at the beginning with " moms are tough".

X is pretty much the JRPG I've been waiting for for years and years. So thankful.

X Gon Giv It To Ya
X is the game that's finally made me Switch my wiiu's system settings to english. Couldn't stand no more subs saying one thing and voices saying another...plus, voices sound so natural...awesome work there.

I am about the hit level 59 and have no credits to get a LV60 Skell too expensive if this was Bungie we could buy them with real money as DLC so I can't hate too much

I think that Oblivia is perfect for the Skells vehicle mode while in Noctilum I almost never use it because I tend to get stuck in the scenery but I kind of feel that flying at low level among the lushness make a sigth to behold.

I still need to reach Sylvalum and Cauldros =/

I love how differently the all drive

I hate the little bugs that agro tho

I bought this game from amazon since it was $10 cheaper but I won't be getting it anytime soon :( was hoping to just chill and play this during christmas. ah well, I'll finish up bayonetta 2 instead.

MrPanic

Flight ruined the world for me
It kinda did for me as well. Flying around has its own fun things, but that sense of an amazingly big world full of exploration kinda got lost for me. It just kinda turned it into a fancy looking map with objective markers. I don't mind it too much, but I do think the game was at its best pre-skell. Exploring all the undiscovered lands on foot definitely left a big impression.

hiryu64

Both of you join the Friends Squad and then manually scout from the Division menu thing near Armoy Alley.

AFAIK, that is a surefire way to join your friend.

Gotcha. Just started playing, and it's incredible how obtuse and byzantine most of this game's systems are. Fun, but not without issues.

So here's another question: what's the most efficient way of gaining BLADE levels? I initially started as an Interceptor, but then switched to Curator as I was getting a ton of collectibles. What's the consensus here?

just got a quest that said appears extremely rare

goes to yellow spot no monster

get out of Skell press return to Skell just once an easy one hit dude shows up

so gud

Where do you find the missions for grinding affinity (or BP for that matter) in the post game? Somebody said on the basic missions board but I'm not seeing anything stand out from the usual quests.

Can someone help me out in finding the probe location in Noctilum that's in the upper area to the east, north of the location where the tyrant is in the cave? Been flying (finally!) all over the place not able to locate it. I think it must be in a cave, but I can't find the entrance.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can someone help me out in finding the probe location in Noctilum that's in the upper area to the east, north of the location where the tyrant is in the cave? Been flying (finally!) all over the place not able to locate it. I think it must be in a cave, but I can't find the entrance.
Fly on the outside of the continent.

Vena

Anyone know which Xe-dom drops the Black Crest? I somehow have 5 in my inventory but have no recollection of how I acquired them (nor does my bestiary apparently).

Use Fronteirnav to locate five downstones???????? What??????????????
Some probe locations have minable resources listed on them. Put a mining probe on it and wait for it to give you some.

Anyone know which Xe-dom drops the Black Crest? I somehow have 5 in my inventory but have no recollection of how I acquired them (nor does my bestiary apparently).

The Xe-dom on one of the tiny floating islands in Primordia.

llehuty

I'll go to my suggestion for OT2 that I posted in the review tread:

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| That skellated quickly

Quite fitting taking into account that the first OT is going to be over after 2 weeks.

Scenic Views give huge bonuses to credit generation, yeah. There's an area in Oblivia (near the center) that's a perfect place to group research probes, boosters, and duplicators together for huge returns.

For mining, it's a longer game of chaining a lot of smaller probes together. Get a couple 8-chains and they really add up. After a while, you'll have enough probes to upgrade the whole chain to higher tier probes, which will massively increase their production. Just make sure to chain your storage probes together so you can actually store all the miranium! IIf you're maxed out, spend it on upgrades or invest in an Arms Manufacturer to ensure you never throw miranium away due to a lack of storage.

Ok cool. Yeah I keep maxing out but spending them on AMs for the time being. I dont have 90% of the items required for upgrades and I dont think I want to go on gathering missions for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom