• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steejee

Well yeah now that they're here. But my understanding was that the ganglion and their race of underlings only arrived recently as well, no? Before that, it doesn't seem there were any locals except nopons.

I was under the impression L's race had been there a while too (IIRC he says 'since time of antiquity', aka long ass time). Either way the Nopon can trade with each other when their caravans crossed paths, like humans do in the real world.

Though real life nomadic tribes tend to be herders, not sure what the Nopon do between contact.

I'm a mastermind/duelist at lvl 60 with the strongest gear money can buy and I can't imagine how I'll ever beat enemies that are 20+ levels above me in my human form. What am I missing here?

Also, my lvl 50 Amdusias doesn't feel even remotely overpowered against higher level monsters. Am I going to have to wait until I beat the game before I'll have access to the good stuff?
Add moar slots
Add augments to those slots
Upgrade existing augments arts and skills

Kill lv90+ easy

I'm a mastermind/duelist at lvl 60 with the strongest gear money can buy and I can't imagine how I'll ever beat enemies that are 20+ levels above me in my human form. What am I missing here?

Also, my lvl 50 Amdusias doesn't feel even remotely overpowered against higher level monsters. Am I going to have to wait until I beat the game before I'll have access to the good stuff?

You can spec the heavy mechs to do a ton of damage. Pick your flavor, beam/electric or therm/physical. Buy an entire armor set with that stuff, then farm weapons that have those mods. Mix in some position/crit mods, make some cheap slayer augments, and you can dish out alot of damage.

I fooled around with a Amudias thermal build and could dish out 250k with a Lvl 50 orange Meteor back weapon, which is ranged AoE. I really hate the double back weapons though, the warmup animations + "shit about to get real bitch" trash talk when they fire it... gets old.

casiopao

Fiuhhh. Doing quest is really tiring here. Especially when i can't in the hell find some of the item here.T_T

Any faqs/guide for all item list here guys? Crush Ring, auroran bones,grinding squirrels, and some other item never shows up like at all.T_T

Mashing

Augments? Max TP up XX. 3000 additional TP for some easy to get fleecy fur, who can say no to that?

Slayer augments are also easy to make. I'd also recommended treasure sensor for drop rate boosts (they stack) which also isn't bad for cost but isn't as passive as Slayer tends to be.

That was along the lines I was thinking too. Can never have enough TP as those are the strongest arts you're going to have.

zroid

Banned
Fiuhhh. Doing quest is really tiring here. Especially when i can't in the hell find some of the item here.T_T

Any faqs/guide for all item list here guys? Crush Ring, auroran bones,grinding squirrels, and some other item never shows up like at all.T_T

yeah just ignore those...

the rewards aren't usually worth spending much time on anyway. the trick is to check the mission board periodically and accept any collect-a-thon missions for which you already have the required items.

Well yeah now that they're here. But my understanding was that the ganglion and their race of underlings only arrived recently as well, no? Before that, it doesn't seem there were any locals except nopons.

Mira has lots of ruins and signs of many older races

Nopons speak of legends

What makes things hard is the fact that Nopons claim credit for any major event around them so getting them and to talk about others is impossible

If you played the first game it ties in a little

brau

Those loading packs really make a difference.

I don't see much popin specially on the terrain happening anymore. Its great! also the loading times are pretty short. yay!

casiopao

yeah just ignore those...

the rewards aren't usually worth spending much time on anyway. the trick is to check the mission board periodically and accept any collect-a-thon missions for which you already have the required items.

Uukhhh. If only it is that easy.T_T My body keep wanting to look for the item here.T_T I reallyyyyyy hate unfinished business and yet till now, Gamefaqs still don't have the faqs.T_T

Add moar slots
Add augments to those slots
Upgrade existing augments arts and skills

Kill lv90+ easy

You can spec the heavy mechs to do a ton of damage. Pick your flavor, beam/electric or therm/physical. Buy an entire armor set with that stuff, then farm weapons that have those mods. Mix in some position/crit mods, make some cheap slayer augments, and you can dish out alot of damage.

I fooled around with a Amudias thermal build and could dish out 250k with a Lvl 50 orange Meteor back weapon, which is ranged AoE. I really hate the double back weapons though, the warmup animations + "shit about to get real bitch" trash talk when they fire it... gets old.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. What I mean is that my Skell just takes way too much damage when I actually get hit (same problem with my character). My damage output is fine. Is this key to just deal a shit ton of damage before you get hit? I don't see how I can sustain more than 2 strong attacks from those lvl 90+ dinosaurs.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. What I mean is that my Skell just takes way too much damage when I actually get hit (same problem with my character). My damage output is fine. Is this key to just deal a shit ton of damage before you get hit? I don't see how I can sustain more than 2 strong attacks from those lvl 90+ dinosaurs.

Haven't fought the dino's yet. I can kill a few lvl 70-80 tyrants with my lvl 50 skells. That Sphinx in Oblivia is cancer though.

Given that all mods stack, and you can make a boatload of XX augments with farming, I can see a gigantic powerlevel difference between someone fresh to 50 skells, and someone who's fully aug'd out their skells wearing skell pilot armor.

Last night I had XCX crash in the middle of editing skells in my hangar, lost like 4 hours of mostly farming due to not saving (zing, lesson learned.)

Anyways, maybe I'm going crazy, but the game seems to run slower/laggier. Like textures take slightly longer to pop in, etc. Am I going batshit insane from doing 4-6 hour sessions, or anyone else having similar issues?

Also, fuck backing up XCX saves with the datapacks. It looks like you need to do a full 10gb transfer (the entire XCX folder) to a USB 3.0 to backup your save file.

Haven't fought the dino's yet. I can kill a few lvl 70-80 tyrants with my lvl 50 skells. That Sphinx in Oblivia is cancer though.

Given that all mods stack, and you can make a boatload of XX augments with farming, I can see a gigantic powerlevel difference between someone fresh to 50 skells, and someone who's fully aug'd out their skells wearing skell pilot armor.

Maybe I'll try some augments that significantly boost my defense. Hopefully that'll help.

1oOuSe9.jpg

Mechanical 5

This is the spot right?

EDIT: Savage Sketch can be found in Cauldros Waters too, here's the location:

JE49yYs.jpg

rickyson1

so excited to finally have the flight thing 46 hours in but anyone else slightly annoyed with how it replaces the jump ability entirely?

I don't always want to fly for whatever reason and those big skell jumps felt so much faster than running/driving around(dunno if they actually are but they sure felt that way at least)

casiopao

??? Guys i am confused here.I already reached Blade Rank 7 here but why can't i increase my Mechanical Level to level 5??? Is this bug?T_T

I want to install probe on those level 5 mechanical areas.

??? Guys i am confused here.I already reached Blade Rank 7 here but why can't i increase my Mechanical Level to level 5??? Is this bug?T_T

I want to install probe on those level 5 mechanical areas.

You need to complete the "off the record" basic mission for level 5 field skills

jonjonaug

Do anybody have a breakdown of where we can find all the thing needed to craft the Ares ?
Gold hearts drop from the level 97 tyrant in the big glowy orb in Sylvalum. Silver vita cores from the Vita time attack. Masks from the twins time attack. Seldr control devices and one of the two common drops from the flying Seldrs in the middle of Cauldros (break their heads for more control devices). The other common drop comes from breaking the leg pieces of those large robot things you find sleeping around Cauldros and Sylvalum.

Use tickets to buy the hearts, masks, and Vita cores. Farm for everything else. You'll need about four thousand tickets per Ares.

TheMoon

So I just finally found this game where I live... (man it was so difficult to find)
Any tips for a newcomer? I played the Xenoblade Chronicles so.. it's kind of the same on the gameplay perspective?

Go through the OP, bookmark all the linked writeups, manual pdf, spreadsheets. Sooner or later you'll need 'em.

Skell battle music is great.

Whats a good place to level up from 28 to 30? I've been fighting those tree elk dudes in Noctilum but theyre few and far between. Very easy to kill but they have so much HP and each battle takes *forever*.

rhandino

Banned
Ummm, I remember someone in NLA saying that if you battle small enemies with a Skell you get less experience... It's OK, it's not like a battle a lot in my Skell, mostly use it instead of Fast Travel in story, normal and affinity missions since driving around is so much fun.

And I can't at me finding until now that mission in which you met Tatsu mother, LOL.

R.D.Blax

Just fought the twin for the mask (I didn't get shit of course), are they supposed to references something ? Never saw them anywhere

ohlawd

oooh boy chapter 12 was pretty easy. maybe I wasn't undergeared after all.

I wanna make True Elma's armor so bad, but I'd never heard of any of the mats. I'm definitely undergeared to farm whatever it is I need to farm

Shahadan

oooh boy chapter 12 was pretty easy. maybe I wasn't undergeared after all.

I wanna make True Elma's armor so bad, but I'd never heard of any of the mats. I'm definitely undergeared to farm whatever it is I need to farm

Use tickets ;(
If those materials are enemy drops at least, which they probably are.

Mendrox

Uukhhh. If only it is that easy.T_T My body keep wanting to look for the item here.T_T I reallyyyyyy hate unfinished business and yet till now, Gamefaqs still don't have the faqs.T_T

Wow your google skills have to suck... I know two of these out of my mind:

Crush Rings are in Primorida at that bridge in the northest part, just respawn if you collected everything.

The bones are in any cave and are very rare. Go to Primordia Beasts Liar, go into the cave and avoid the monsters with a skell and collect all diamonds. If you have collected them all, respawn at skell and do the same.

The squirrel grindings I don't know but I just tried google with the exact words that I used in this post and even though it was WRONG I found it here easily http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72944350

Thank me later and just use google for these mats.

So I just had a "I've played for XX hours before finding out" moment:
To the right of the overdrive counter is a bar that is a countdown to overdrive expiring. It is explained in the manual too. I blame the first screen shot for completely obscuring the bar :(

Edit:
That was along the lines I was thinking too. Can never have enough TP as those are the strongest arts you're going to have.
Do consider what else I said but that is my number 1 recommendation for how shockingly easy and good it is to make. I should note by passive I meant having the materials without having to try.

Vena

Looks like your Urban is coming along nicely. Love the color btw.

Ya, seems the Everlasting Tyrants are resistant to Gravity, fml. Haha.

But it seems anything sans the top tier bosses is pretty much one-shot material now. So its time to exact petty revenge on bosses that gave me trouble in the past! Next thing will be EVA boosts for Frame/Armor, I think. And Zenith Cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom