• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Not my pic. Somehow I have never seen this.

3Ltrjwe.jpg
latest

Steejee

Am I the only one that finds that kind of cute?

Who doesn't want a sentient stuffed potato as a lover?

It's love, man, it's beautiful.

Not really that creepy anyways, it's not like the Nopon are just animals, they're sentient beings. As long as they're both adults in the eyes of their species, I say go for it.

Insaniac

is it me or do people rarely actually post squad missions? even when in the "Multiplayer focused" group I never find anything to join

Lexxism

I finally got
Blossom Dance after hours of raising Nagi's affinity. He sure is badass in his affinity mission! I also how great of a leader he is.

Golnei

Who doesn't want a sentient stuffed potato as a lover?

It's love, man, it's beautiful.

Not really that creepy anyways, it's not like the Nopon are just animals, they're sentient beings. As long as they're both adults in the eyes of their species, I say go for it.

I guess it's not that far removed from people running off to yiff the space lions. Even if the running joke of humans being unable to tell preteen and middle-aged Nopons apart lends it some unfortunate implications...

Fandangox

is it me or do people rarely actually post squad missions? even when in the "Multiplayer focused" group I never find anything to join

Yesterday was my first time playing online and yeah there was a mission for Yggdrill and I had to wait for a long time before I just decided to go solo.

On the first mission I joined before that, there was only one and other person, I thought the room would fill somewhat quickly, but after like 5 seconds the other player had a voice prompt "come on" telling me to go out to the quest, probably indicating random squad missions filling up are pretty rare.

I guess is the sideeffect of creating an online mode where multiplayer is not exactly the focus as there's only a possible 31 people you can team up with and there's the chance that most of them won't be interested in doing that at the time, or are busy with a single player quest.

TheMoon

I removed controls, and also the quest window.

Those would probably be my next to go, but so far I find the reference more handy than hindrance.

I think those are pretty much all you can really safely kill, unless you want to be super-immersive and drop the minimap.

You can only "safely" get rid of the controls/button guide until after you know all the submenus by heart, otherwise you'll miss out on plenty of functions like fashion gear, upgrading skills. It happened to others here already. :)

Effect

Is there a Nopon village in the game? I keep thinking there is and should be I've yet to find one. I did come across area call the Nopon Highway but that was it. There are just a few of them scattered around the city. Maybe I just haven't come across them yet in the game? Only just got my Skell a few day ago and haven't really been able to play since then.

Shahadan

Is there a Nopon village in the game? I keep thinking there is and should be I've yet to find one. I did come across area call the Nopon Highway but that was it. There are just a few of them scattered around the city. Maybe I just haven't come across them yet in the game? Only just got my Skell a few day ago and haven't really been able to play since then.

No only caravans, they're nomads.

Though I wonder with whom they usually trade since nopons seem the only local race, lol

Got invited to my first world nemesis thing last night, broke some appendages.

Are the items listed under "Appendage Fragments" as an item type only good for trading in for tickets or do they have crafting uses as well?

I couldn't find anything under the crafting menus that used them, but I've also got like....60% of the things grayed out with question marks, so I dunno.

They lost their homeland and now move around in caravans

burgerdog

So what's the fastest way to hit 60? I made an ares 90 and I can't even register it :lol I'm 56. I just want to know if the barracks console or monsters out in the wild is faster.

Fandangox

So what's the fastest way to hit 60? I made an ares 90 and I can't even register it :lol I'm 56. I just want to know if the barracks console or monsters out in the wild is faster.

Probablt not the fastests, but on the south wester coast of Sylvanum on the wall that has an entrance guarded by two lvl 30 OrcServers you will find some lvl 60 Zigs positioned around the walls, you can kill them in aboht 4 seconds with a group of skells, and at lvl 56 you will get 1k experience per kill. They are a bit spread out, but if you kill all four and skip back to the entrance you should level up pretty quickly.

If you are taking lower leveled party members fighting on Skells they will level up pretty quickly.

burgerdog

Probablt not the fastests, but on the south wester coast of Sylvanum on the wall that has an entrance guarded by two lvl 30 OrcServers you will find some lvl 60 Zigs positioned around the walls, you can kill them in aboht 4 seconds with a group of skells, and at lvl 56 you will get 1k experience per kill. They are a bit spread out, but if you kill all four and skip back to the entrance you should level up pretty quickly.

If you are taking lower leveled party members fighting on Skells they will level up pretty quickly.

Good stuff, that's perfect to get some of my low level guys up, too. Thanks!

Fandangox

He said he's the only one of his race, and considering his full name and his obsession with humanity knowledge he's probably something very special.

Yeah I thinks there's obviously a loy more to L than what the game lets on, but I don't know if we will ever find out.

Game completed now. I can now do the affinity missions that require chapter 12 complete. I thought there was post game a support mission for earning 60 BP but through a quick scroll of the list I'm only seeing one for Class experience (which is pretty pointless with Joker around).

I also feel these support missions could have handled a lot more elegantly than giving you tonnes of them after the end including a load of level level ones which seem to serve no purpose (unless there is some sort of material drop in them or something).

I'm not at endgame (haven't even beat the story yet), but which modifications are worth building (yes, I realize you don't need them for story, just wondering)? There are SOOOOOOOO many.
Augments? Max TP up XX. 3000 additional TP for some easy to get fleecy fur, who can say no to that?

Slayer augments are also easy to make. I'd also recommended treasure sensor for drop rate boosts (they stack) which also isn't bad for cost but isn't as passive as Slayer tends to be.

Yesterday was my first time playing online and yeah there was a mission for Yggdrill and I had to wait for a long time before I just decided to go solo.

On the first mission I joined before that, there was only one and other person, I thought the room would fill somewhat quickly, but after like 5 seconds the other player had a voice prompt "come on" telling me to go out to the quest, probably indicating random squad missions filling up are pretty rare.

I guess is the sideeffect of creating an online mode where multiplayer is not exactly the focus as there's only a possible 31 people you can team up with and there's the chance that most of them won't be interested in doing that at the time, or are busy with a single player quest.
The nemesis battles are tougher and require BLADE medals to enter which people don't always have. Well Telethia isn't too bad (unless you don't notice the reflect message one shot your skell :p) but Yggdrill is another thing. But it depends on your squad mates really. Some squads do the tasks then never do the missions while others will do the missions with their current party (which I think counts as completing the mission so others can't :( )

As far as farming them goes playing solo is better (rip off Telethia appendages, emergency exit trade appendages for tickets, repeat).

I've seen some solo melee overdrive build who will open a room and wait about a minute before starting. As long as you don't die 3 times in 8 minutes you get to enjoy getting over 200RP for doing nothing :p Most squad missions I play are usually with one other person.

I'm a mastermind/duelist at lvl 60 with the strongest gear money can buy and I can't imagine how I'll ever beat enemies that are 20+ levels above me in my human form. What am I missing here?

Also, my lvl 50 Amdusias doesn't feel even remotely overpowered against higher level monsters. Am I going to have to wait until I beat the game before I'll have access to the good stuff?

Anbec7

So I just finally found this game where I live... (man it was so difficult to find)
Any tips for a newcomer? I played the Xenoblade Chronicles so.. it's kind of the same on the gameplay perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom