• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys I had no idea (I seem to keep repeating this sentence in this thread). I thought it was a late game unlock or something. Whoo hoo!

on chapter 3 and just realised that you can pick up quests from the mission board lol. got some that involved killing tyrants, but i just ended up getting my shit kicked in b one of the dinosaurs

Pokemaniac

Well yeah now that they're here. But my understanding was that the ganglion and their race of underlings only arrived recently as well, no? Before that, it doesn't seem there were any locals except nopons.

There's some random NPC dialog in one of the Nopon caravans that implies that
the Nopon aren't actually native to Mira.

Edit: I haven't experienced redcing my skell insurance below 3 so I'm not sure what happens when it's at 0 and you still lost it while performing a perfect soul challenge.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the moment you are down to 1 ticket, that's the signal that you pass your skell down to a teammate and buy yourself a new one. By the time you've passed down 3 skells from failing like 10 QTE's, you should have gotten your income up to a point that you can rebuy mechs if necessary.

But if you get 0 and the worst happens...

Salvage is done in the Hangar. The fee is 67% the base cost of the mech. You get back your mech and all it's weapons/items/augs. Unfortunately, this does not give you 3 new insurance tickets.

If you have the money, what I have done is after salvaging the mech, strip it of all your 'ubah' gear (god forbid you lose THOSE), and sell the bare frame. You get back the entire salvage cost.

Then go bite the bullet and rebuy your mech. Your new mech will come with the 3 tickets, and I believe may/may not have a (+1/+2) next to it at least at the shop window. I'm not sure exactly what the +1/+2 means.

Dawg

Guy's he's asking which is better. TMA = MA + Weapon's attack.
Higher TMA = Lots of auto attacking good
Higher MA = you like to use a lot of attacking arts

When applying damage using arts, the MA is multiplied by the art modifier and then the weapon attack is simply added on after.

So... what is better in this case? I use both arts and auto attack a lot ;_;7

Squad on point.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01pkrpw.jpg

El Odio

Banned
Thoughts for chapter 9:
Does the weather automatically change to that fire rain during the second phase of the fight against Ga Jiarg's mech. when it becomes enraged? Because that was fucking hype. That ground portion of the fight though was incredibly difficult given that my party was 5-6 levels over him. All my attacks were barley scratching him for the most part.
But now it's time to acquire that flight module! I'm so excited.

Haunted

Man, I really wish there was a menu interface for getting reserve members into the active squad.

Or at the very least an option to automatically put required members for a mission into the squad when you go up to one of those orange symbols.

2015 has been the year of great games being marred by absolutely baffling design/UI decisions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thoughts for chapter 9:
Does the weather automatically change to that fire rain during the second phase of the fight against Ga Jiarg's mech. when it becomes enraged? Because that was fucking hype. That ground portion of the fight though was incredibly difficult given that my party was 5-6 levels over him. All my attacks were barley scratching him for the most part.
But now it's time to acquire that flight module! I'm so excited.

I had the dust storm, I couldn't see shit but it was so fucking hype.

Dawg

Man, I really wish there was a menu interface for getting reserve members into the active squad.

Or at the very least an option to automatically put required members for a mission into the squad when you go up to one of those orange symbols.

2015 has been the year of great games being marred by absolutely baffling design/UI decisions.

Seems there is a lack of "sell all" option too, unless I am missing it.

Really sucks if you want to sell a ton of crap.

Weapon or amour making advice sought. So I just noticed I have 99 of the Telethia stem cell. It seems a bit of a shame to see the ones I get when it flees just get sold so what should I use them for?

I notice the Original series of weapons (blueprints found as enemy drops) have 3 empty slots. Can I add another 3 slots to them or is the 3 they come with my lot? If it is the latter I feel better off just farming enemies for drops (I found a guide of sorts to that...hold on...). The former would be quite OP though...

The armour seems fairly gimmicky with two exceptions, the two Bunny suit arms that have treasure sensor XX (which if I'm farming while piloting Skell is much welcomed). The bad news about these is the materials I'll need to make one will cost 2463 reward tickets and I'll need to make 2 to avoid Telethia stem cell overflowing. However if I bother to farm two of the items this will come down to 1341 each but one of the items is a time attack boos refight drop which is not great news as my ground builds are terrible.

Any useful drop guides yet? Trying to figure out how to farm materials for the first skell weapon I can manufacture (seems VERY strong by looking at it, at least by my current standards) but the Internets are failing me a bit.
For materials the spreadsheet in the OP can work though some material drops on the bestiary page might still use the Japanese name which can make for frustration as you get 0 results turning up. If something is too tough to fight you can reward ticket it.

So that post level 60 farming guide I was on about:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3xqd0m/post_level_60_farming_guide/
The opening art damage augment treasure location is useful. Doesn't seem to be that many armour locations at a glance though :(

Seems there is a lack of "sell all" option too, unless I am missing it.

Really sucks if you want to sell a ton of crap.
The only sell all is on the post battle reward screen. If you're combing the inventory itself though remember to sell from Intel>Inventory as that much quicker than selling via the shop.

-Horizon-

Awww yesss here we go

WVW69ir1L1MjxxL2V4

And yeah, I went back and changed my party member's clothing back to what they started with. I just like their original look better than what is available right now.

Jeez is the mech slippery to handle when in vehicle form. I fell off the bridges in NLA countless times since I got it today.

Went and did a couple of side quests with it. I did
the girl who thought all Ma Non's were gonna abduct, probe and kill her until she found out that they're awesome aliens (screw that cave though, everything aggros you there), I did the quest with Corwin and Bates I think his name was where he got attacked by that giant black mech, and I just finished up the believers mission where that ma non poisoned herself and that crazy leader ran off

I've heard people mention a mission that you can farm affinity points for in the post game. Anyone know what that is? Spoiler tag if necessary.

Kyzon

I've heard people mention a mission that you can farm affinity points for in the post game. Anyone know what that is? Spoiler tag if necessary.

Console in the barracks has post game missions to grind money/miranium/affinity/exp/etc

Go to support missions there.

You unlock a load of support missions (accessed via the multiplayer terminal) postgame which have various rewards one of which is affinity and BLADE points. There is a miranium one and a class EXP one (which I think also gives BP but I've not tried it).

Console in the barracks has post game missions to grind money/miranium/affinity/exp/etc

Go to support missions there.

You unlock a load of support missions (accessed via the multiplayer terminal) postgame which have various rewards one of which is affinity and BLADE points. There is a miranium one and a class EXP one (which I think also gives BP but I've not tried it).

Thanks, I was wondering what support missions were.

-Horizon-

This game really likes to have enemies jump you doesn't it. Whether it be those giant scorpion looking things that drop from the sky or the flower enemies in the ground. God I dislike those flowers so much now.

Penguin

This game really likes to have enemies jump you doesn't it. Whether it be those giant scorpion looking things that drop from the sky or the flower enemies in the ground. God I dislike those flowers so much now.

I've learned to distrust anything that looks like foliage in the game.

where can I find that cave? If I can kill that monster I could get to 60 in 10 minutes or so, ez
If this is the cave I'm thinking of; North-West primordia, near a FN site that requires mechanical 5.

You also go there for an affinity mission (which one)
Irina 4 hearts

Astral Dog

This game kinda surprises me with the way the enemies are designed and leveled, i was level 33 when fighting the monster on the affinity mission before Chapter 6, and despite being overleveled, it still managed to give me trouble and took too long, killing me the first time. (with upgraded Arts and Skills)

Im not sure about this, the game seems designed too much around mech combat so they made the enemies take too long to kill? something seems off.

I also heard the combat becomes less interesting with mechs even if you are more powerful. but still doing that tedious test,

Somnid

This game kinda surprises me with the way the enemies are designed and leveled, i was level 33 when fighting the monster on the affinity mission before Chapter 6, and despite being overleveled, it still managed to give me trouble and took too long, killing me the first time. (with upgraded Arts and Skills)

Im not sure about this, the game seems designed too much around mech combat so they made the enemies take too long to kill? something seems off.

I also heard the combat becomes less interesting with mechs even if you are more powerful. but still doing that tedious test,

Generally there's a correlation to the enemy size. If it's a big enemy it will have larger stats relative to its level, often the equivalent of 5-10+ levels. If you face a large enemy on the ground it's crucial to break appendages so they take more damage. Frontal appendages on big enemies tend to have hp equivalent to the monster and therefore are hard to break but the back legs and tail are usually good targets.

-Horizon-

I've learned to distrust anything that looks like foliage in the game.

It would've been fine too if they were just regular enemies but nope, lets have tyrants jump you too.

There's a point in chapter 5 I think where you go
to where the tainted area is
and you have to go by a cliffside to get to a cavern. I didn't think anything of a root on the side of the mountain face.
Psyche! It was actually me! A stick/root insect tyrant on the wall! I just nope'd the heck back out of there lol.

JulianImp

I only realized I could keep a screenshot album and post some them as some kind of gaming log a while ago, and I also learned how to upload screenshots to imgur, which is definitely a lot easier than having to sift through miiverse on a PC to copy the image's internal URL.

I'm fairly happy the color scheme I ended up using on my lv50 Lailah (which I might post soon) but my new Amdusias Mastema wasn't so lucky, so I'll have to experiment some more with it.

It would've been fine too if they were just regular enemies but nope, lets have tyrants jump you too.

There's a point in chapter 5 I think where you go
to where the tainted area is
and you have to go by a cliffside to get to a cavern. I didn't think anything of a root on the side of the mountain face.
Psyche! It was actually me! A stick/root insect tyrant on the wall! I just nope'd the heck back out of there lol.

Id love a compilation of videos of player reactions to that encounter lol. Got me good too.

jgwhiteus

Tried looking for an answer elsewhere to this, sorry if it's been asked / answered: anyone know what "FILE-USP***" rewards do? You get them as quest rewards in the late game, and occasionally find them in high-level treasure chests.

I didn't know if they were something related to skells, or to engineering / augmenting gear, etc.

I'm pretty far in, but I still have no idea how combos work at all. When arts say they get a boost for triggering a melee/ranged combo, what does that mean? What are combos and how do I do them?

Dawg

Reposting just to be sure:

If I prefer using arts, MA > TMA, right?

So the weapon with the MA bonus > weapon with better (blue) base damage.

CWzYF1AUYAExqHa.jpg:large

Tried looking for an answer elsewhere to this, sorry if it's been asked / answered: anyone know what "FILE-USP***" rewards do? You get them as quest rewards in the late game, and occasionally find them in high-level treasure chests.

I didn't know if they were something related to skells, or to engineering / augmenting gear, etc.
Engineering new gear and very hard to miss
Blueprints for Skell super weapons which have a full screen ad for the weapon upon opening that menu
. High level enemies drop ones for ground weapons to no fanfare but I think Skell ones are quests and high level chests only.

jgwhiteus

Engineering new gear and very hard to miss
Blueprints for Skell super weapons which have a full screen ad for the weapon upon opening that menu
. High level enemies drop ones for ground weapons to no fanfare but I think Skell ones are quests and high level chests only.

Cool - thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom