• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Bech

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT 2| Neogaf Official Player's Guide

Or...

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT 2| Even John Wilkes Booth was a Harrier

Ya, seems the Everlasting Tyrants are resistant to Gravity, fml. Haha.

But it seems anything sans the top tier bosses is pretty much one-shot material now. So its time to exact petty revenge on bosses that gave me trouble in the past! Next thing will be EVA boosts for Frame/Armor, I think. And Zenith Cannon.

It seems you can push Skells to oneshot the top tier bosses as well. After I finish my ground gear this is my goal for skells.

AdanVC

WVW69irzhU00WRDHMi

They wanted to enjoy the gorgeous vistas of this strange planet.

I'm certainly sure Elma was looking another type of vista.

Vena

It seems you can push Skells to oneshot the top tier bosses as well. After I finish my ground gear this is my goal for skells.

Ya that's the Zenith Cannon. I can deal around 2~3 million damage with my Black Hole cannon right now but that's without any sort of optimization for anything but evasion for untouchable avoidance.

I just need to create that claw weapon and Mastema. Just need to figure out augments after that.

Pretty sure you can do it with any frame, unless you mean just to finish your Frame-60 collection lol.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Ya that's the Zenith Cannon.

Pretty sure you can do it with any frame, unless you mean just to finish your Frame-60 collection lol.

I have a Lailah Queen already, but it doesn't have access to Heavy Skell armor that has ATK modifiers. Then again I barely played around with the stats.

edit: Tried using Zenith cannon with it too, but only over 200K damage at the time vs my Ether Blossom Dance build. Oh and yes definitely for Frame-60 collection also.

Vena

I have a Lailah Queen already, but it doesn't have access to Heavy Skell armor that has ATK modifiers. Then again I barely played around with the stats.

edit: Tried using Zenith cannon with it too, but only over 200K damage at the time vs my Ether Blossom Dance build.

Oh. Light Armor has all the Att modifiers too, same with Attribute modifiers. I'd be surprised if Medium doesn't have it, unless you mean for the Orange armor gear in which case, yes, I could see that being an issue as the Light Armor Orange is just EVA XI, lol.

I'm surprised you deal so little damage.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Oh. Light Armor has all the Att modifiers too, same with Attribute modifiers. I'd be surprised if Medium doesn't have it, unless you mean for the Orange armor gear in which case, yes, I could see that being an issue as the Light Armor Orange is just EVA XI, lol.

Goes to show my ignorance with skells at this point ><

I am more concerned in increasing my blossom dance damage output to get more RP out of Ygg Zero. And on my second character.

Vena

Goes to show my ignorance with skells at this point ><

I am more concerned in increasing my blossom dance damage output to get more RP out of Ygg Zero. And on my second character.

lol you shoudl just run Ygg Zero with me. He cannot harm my Urban while I just pop his whole health bar multiple times on cooldown, lol. Then again, you may actually be out-damaging my Skell with that build.

Vena

You should join me and ChickenHunter. We duo Ygg Zero and almost got up to 500 RP ^^. You can be our tank lol

I'll need to farm out a few more purple taunting skell items to keep permanent aggro if you want me to tank, haha. But I can definitely do that for you.

But ya I can definitely join you, just send me invites whenever you do it: TesVena for NNID.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I like this plan.

I'll need to farm out a few more purple taunting skell items to keep permanent aggro if you want me to tank, haha. But I can definitely do that for you.

We should do it ^^. I work full time so I'm only available night time on weekdays, but weekends I'm free.

If you can keep perm aggro, I can switch to my light gear that focused on potentials = more damage.

But ya I can definitely join you, just send me invites whenever you do it: TesVena for NNID.

I'll add you when I get back. I play in two profiles right now, so I'll add you on both. NNID: ultimalionbgh / ultimalionbeta

Just let me know whenever you want to fight Ygg Zero. I can quickly switch.

taoofjord

So I really can't stand the story, voice acting, and writing. I just got to Chapter 2 and I'm not sure I want to continue. How story heavy is this game? I think I'll really dig the gameplay.

Clov

So, I finally beat the chapter 10 boss. That was pretty ridiculous, even with three level 30 skells.

Now I have another problem. How can I raise affinity quickly? I didn't really care about Gwin, and I need to get him to have one hearts worth of affinity to start the Boot Camp mission, I think.

20 credits to rescue the cheap-ass cave brotherpon that gave me a 10 credit quest

sure sisterpon cheap ass cave Moimoi sure Lyn should have all of you for dinner soon

So I really can't stand the story, voice acting, and writing. I just got to Chapter 2 and I'm not sure I want to continue. How story heavy is this game? I think I'll really dig the gameplay.

Honestly there's not too much main story or voice acting! It's heavy at the beginning to set the stage but one or two more chapters for you and the world opens up, you can spend 40 hours between story chapters just exploring the world and enjoying the combat, doing minor quests. It's great.

The first 4-5 hours are brutal but it gets a lot better after chapter 3. The first few hours took me a week to get through since I was ambivalent about it but after I've been absolutely hooked. Just stick with it!

Golnei

Dat electronic version of Wir Fliegen that plays during the Professor B sidequest, so good

I liked it as well, but it's a shame we never got instrumentals for the songs that actually needed them - Wir fliegen really isn't all that bad, even with the vocals. The fourth disc of the soundtrack was fairly bare, they had more than enough space to include the instrumentals of every vocal track there, not just Wir fliegen and So nah, so fern.

Makonero

I did. It's all because of a Ma-Non stressing his wife out over some pizza toppings.

Thank you.
I figured it was bullshit, just like so much of the blatant xenophobia humans show in NLA. Sad that that seems to be the common human characteristic.

On the northern beach of Oblivia theres a Millesaur Tyrant with the head already removed. He doesn't aggro unless you attack him so you can get a real close look at the nightmare.
Some real scary shit.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
The whole neck and the head fell and it has a really short, stubby and ugly real head underneath. Nightmare fuel.

This is what I miss from one-shotting it with Ares 90..... argh...

On the northern beach of Oblivia theres a Millesaur Tyrant with the head already removed. He doesn't aggro unless you attack him so you can get a real close look at the nightmare.
Some real scary shit.

Will check it out today.

PetrCobra

What is this "skell pilot armor" I keep hearing about? Do ground gear stats count when you're in the skell? Or they don't but there's a special kind of ground gear that does enhance skell stats? Or a bit of both?

BY2K

Membero Americo
What is this "skell pilot armor" I keep hearing about? Do ground gear stats count when you're in the skell? Or they don't but there's a special kind of ground gear that does enhance skell stats? Or a bit of both?

There's Ground Gear that's categorized as "Skell Pilot Gear". I'm guessing they come equipped with augments that affects the Skell you're in.

random25

Imma ditto this, that shit just sounds way too bonkers

It's all over internet if you are really curious lol.

It is another armor category. It basically throws away physical defense over large gravity defense. Plus it has augments that affects skell stats.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The latter. There's some ground gear that gives skell bonuses, but its not worth it if you need to fight outside the skell has it has like no ground stats.

PetrCobra

There's Ground Gear that's categorized as "Skell Pilot Gear". I'm guessing they come equipped with augments that affects the Skell you're in.

okay thank you!

The latter. There's some ground gear that gives skell bonuses, but its not worth it if you need to fight outside the skell has it has like no ground stats.

I see... I'll need a REALLY good skell then.

Stuff like this makes me want gear profiles.

Its a type of armor like how theres Light, Medium, Heavy. They come with augments on them that apply to skells rather than your character. Usually such augments end with the word Drive.

Bad picture but it will do.

Mira was a mistake, humanity should leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom