• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Where/how do you get the mission to be able to re-customize your main character?

I'm starting to get sick of the guy I made
It's on the front page.
Can I redesign my character later on?
Yes, you can completely change your character during the game (incl. their sex). You're not stuck with anything except for the name. You'll get the option after clearing chapter 5 and doing a certain quest
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188129276&postcount=3985

-Horizon-

What class is everyone's character rolling?
I went Galactic Knight only because you get a light saber.

The very one. I had two following me. One stay in the coast, but one kept following. Since when swimming one is slower and can't attack I was completly left to the mercy of lady luck...she took pity on me lol

Ouch.
I love how when I aggro one and start running for my life only to realize I'm aggroing every other thing down the path.

Vena

Okay give me ten or so minutes for some stuff with family. How did we do that time? Also how did you die chicken? X_X

Any advice on what Skell equipment I should get for the chapter 11 fight? It just occured to me outside of G-Buster I do like no damage at all. Especially ranged, almost no range damage.

Tried the boss on foot
and I can pretty much take off 40% if all my cooldowns are ready but he has one bullshit attack that melts from almost half the map away.

nvm just picked up another skell and I got it on the first try.

So what level should I be for chapter 12?

Aerobatics

Neo Member
holy shit, i've never been more annoyed at a video game than i am right now watching these cutscenes.

"hey guys, that tatsu potato joke was kinda funny one time" "let's put it in every fucking cutscene in this game" "also make sure the music is so fucking loud that you can barely hear this stupid shit"

this game is pretty good.

I really love (Post chapter 10 side quest stuff spoilers)
how as you do side quests it becomes apparent that the alien creatures aren't just contrasting with human beings, but are also adapting each other's unique sciences and practices with each other.

Haunted

holy shit, i've never been more annoyed at a video game than i am right now watching these cutscenes.

"hey guys, that tatsu potato joke was kinda funny one time" "let's put it in every fucking cutscene in this game" "also make sure the music is so fucking loud that you can barely hear this stupid shit"

this game is pretty good.
Tatsu or any other of these fucking nopons opens his mouth -> Skip Cutscene

decided to delay chapter 12 yet again since I am grinding augments which take forever
As long as you're still having fun!

Grinding for materials and/or doing Basic Missions are probably the quickest ways to get burned out on the game, though.

Teggy

Just finished chapter 5 - didn't see that coming at all.

How do you trigger heart to hearts? I showed up in the right area with the right person at the right time and nothing happened.

Fandangox

So is no no one going to talk about Yelv's final affinity mission or

Just finished chapter 5 - didn't see that coming at all.

How do you trigger heart to hearts? I showed up in the right area with the right person at the right time and nothing happened.

They cannot be in your party for it to work.

Golnei

Just got it, does anyone know anything thats missable early on without letting me know about spoilers?

There's not much - the biggest thing I can think about is dialogue and Heart-To-Hearts which get replaced by different options as the game progresses, to respond to the events of the last mission. If you want to know, Chapter
and a sidequest named
Prone Sweet Prone
are two of the bigger events that cause a lot of NPC dialogue to be replaced early on, and you'll want to do all of the Heart to Hearts assigned
to Lao
earlier as well, because attempting them later in the game will gut a lot of the dialogue.

My cannon is incredibly inconsistent, lol. I range from near 1000k damage to 150k.

Lol, yeah the various buffs can make my blossom dance be 1m+ or 300k a hit. Theres probably some soul voice optimization stuff we could do. Though if you happen to have any skell super weapons that lower ether resistance those would probably boost our damage a ton.

eaise

Neo Member
Anyone know how to unlock the fuel efficiency augment that goes on ground gear?
I want to craft it but can't. I assume I need to complete a mission to get them. But don't know which one.
Anyone know what I need to to?

lazytiger

Neo Member
I realise I'm probably a 'baddy' and that I just need to 'l2p' and 'git gud', but not being able to
use a skell for final phase of Lao in chapter 12
is a real dick move. And has pretty much sapped my will to finish the game before taking a break from it.

Vena

Lol, yeah the various buffs can make my blossom dance be 1m+ or 300k a hit. Theres probably some soul voice optimization stuff we could do. Though if you happen to have any skell super weapons that lower ether resistance those would probably boost our damage a ton.

I think I may have something. Let me look real quick.

Also looks like we did well that round, lol.

Edit: No just beam res down right now.

Chapter 8 thoughts:

I wish
so much of this chapter wasn't shown on the trailers. The cutscenes were pretty great. Love the Wrothians and the Skell fights. Some really cool and stylish stuff there.
I had to laugh at Elma's exchange with alien bondage girl villain #2 about who lost and won that fight. It was so dumb. You lost. No, YOU lost. No I didnt lose. YOU LOST. So go back, loser. And then as soon as the chapter ended, we're back to uhh chika uh yeah yeah yeah lol. Kinda ruined the tension a bit.

I wonder who the traitor is. Cant be Vandham and definitely not Lao. Maybe the human president dude? Cant be L either.

Overall, it was a great chapter. I had fun.

Golnei

And then as soon as the chapter ended, we're back to uhh chika uh yeah yeah yeah lol. Kinda ruined the tension a bit.

That really deflated the atmosphere of a lot of missions in NLA - the moment after you get your Skell for the first time was similarly jarring in the way it transitioned from MONOX to the NLA music. Also, now that you've gone through Chapter 8, did you find their use of the
normal barracks music immediately after all the invasion cutscenes and before you go to defend the gate
to be kind of offputting?

Mfw I go into chapter 12 and Gwin instantly destroys my brand new heavy Skell.

Welp back to grinding I guess before I finish the game. I'm having such a blast but I wish it was a little easier to raise affinity. I had to have taken L on like 50 missions plus battles and still only managed to get a quarter heart affinity with him.

So what's looking to be the best Lv 50 skell? I like the Inferno one, and I just have to find the fire sword that does a ridiculous amount of damage for it.

That really deflated the atmosphere of a lot of missions in NLA - the moment after you get your Skell for the first time was similarly jarring in the way it transitioned from MONOX to the NLA music. Also, now that you've gone through Chapter 8, did you find their use of the
normal barracks music immediately after all the invasion cutscenes and before you go to defend the gate

I didn't notice that. But I did notice
that a few seconds of the NLA day theme started to play after you defeat the two bosses which made me laugh a bit.

Just beat chapter 5 and spent some significant time in Oblivia.

It's fucking breathtaking there. I thought I was through with desert open worlds after getting completely sick of MGS V's Afghanistan, but this is on a whole other level. It reminds me of the best parts of Journey and Shadow of the Colossus.

I love this game.

Jims

As I had worried earlier, getting the Level 30 Skells definitely breaks Chapter 7 completely. The boss went down in about a minute. I'm on the fence about just not using them until the difficulty scales back up again because I feel like I really glossed over some of the little challenges of the chapter. Just warped to the nearest probe and walked a couple hexes over. The story mission ended up taking half the time of some normal missions.

Although, part of me feels like this game is so long and so packed with content that making the game more of a breeze should be an encouraged thing. The game never said you have to spend the bulk of your time (and the bulk of your EXP gain) in the story missions. I dunno, it probably gets more challenging soon.

Yeah absolutely.
It went from "That sounds like a great idea!" to a warning siren to casual barracks music. Just mood whiplashes all over and you're never allowed to let it sink in.

The getting your first skell moment was a missed opportunity as well.
That cutscene was so good (even though its shown on the first trailer). Would have been a great opportunity for a mission to start right then and have it transition to Black Tar or something.
Would have been really memorable but instead I just did accidental donuts inside the hangar (cause vehicle mode is a pain in the ass to control) to CANT SEE YOU CANT HEAR YOU.

...Which was also memorable but in a different way.

Teggy

I switched my brand of heavy armor and my lady went from looking like an armored battle mech to space hooker with bunny ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom