• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beats

I'm pretty far in, but I still have no idea how combos work at all. When arts say they get a boost for triggering a melee/ranged combo, what does that mean? What are combos and how do I do them?

Using 2+ melee or ranged arts in a row counts as a combo. So if you want to trigger the combo boost from a melee/ranged art you have to use it after the first one.

Reposting just to be sure:

If I prefer using arts, MA > TMA, right?

So the weapon with the MA bonus > weapon with better (blue) base damage.

CWzYF1AUYAExqHa.jpg:large
:eek:

70 hours in, I learn this from a post on GAF.

AM I BUIDING THE
TIME MACHINE
FROM
BACK TO THE FUTURE
RIGHT NOW!?
Yes

Vena

What do you call proper augments?

Evasion, Potential, and R/M Attack (and accuracy) and then whatever damage boosters compliment your super weapon or weakness exploiters to blow up enemies. The Frame-60s become untouchable (have to consider Spike damage though) and the Super Weapons can one shot everything once you max out with proper augments.

Getting the Ultrafauna damage modifiers is a pain in the ass.

Wait, the Ares 90 can't equip Super Weapons?

It has fixed equipment.

Dystify

Quick question: What determines how many parts you get from nemesis? (The ones you can trade in for tickets.) I've had runs with 10 parts, but others where I only got one or even zero parts, despite killing it 200+ times... I'm trying to farm tickets btw.

Pif

Banned
To all the people playing:

I have a PS4 only but I'm in love with this game. I didn't buy a Wii U so far for reasons nobody cares, but mainly because NX is just around the corner.

Does the game look like it could benefit greatly from a hypothetical NX enhanced version or am I looking at the same level of immersion/gameplay/online experience?

I want my first contact with this game to be glorious, this looks like the pinnacle of videogames for me right now.

Lvl. 30 Skells are no joke. Clowned the chapter 7 boss in like 1 minute. The boss was talking so much shit before the battle too lol

I should opt for some lower powered weapons. My arts do a ton of damage but the wind up and cool down takes way too long.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I have a PS4 only but I'm in love with this game. I didn't buy a Wii U so far for reasons nobody cares, but mainly because NX is just around the corner.

Does the game look like it could benefit greatly from a hypothetical NX enhanced version or am I looking at the same level of immersion/gameplay/online experience?

I want my first contact with this game to be glorious, this looks like the pinnacle of videogames for me right now.

There's probably not going to be an enhanced version and even if there is literally all they could do to improve it is make the text bigger. Maybe tone the music down in like 2 cut scenes.

Ulysses 31

Quick question: What determines how many parts you get from nemesis? (The ones you can trade in for tickets.) I've had runs with 10 parts, but others where I only got one or even zero parts, despite killing it 200+ times... I'm trying to farm tickets btw.

Breaking appendages gives more chance for materials.

type dependant on appendage you broke, amount is random, but it'll be 1 at least

Pif

Banned
There's probably not going to be an enhanced version and even if there is literally all they could do to improve it is make the text bigger. Maybe tone the music down in like 2 cut scenes.

But xenoblade chronicles was adapted for 3DS. I think an NX up port is likely.

Ulysses 31

But xenoblade chronicles was adapted for 3DS. I think an NX up port is likely.

XBC was ported to the N3DS and took lots of graphical hits to get it running there, Wii version is still the superior version outside of the portability of the N3DS version.

Only thing I can imagine the NX port might help is reduce the pop in and maybe some minor updates like text sizes, or control audio and BGM levels. If there is a port, it'd probably be 99% the same game.

The Wii U is an excellent system. When you pry yourself away from XCX a few months later, there will be plenty of fantastic games available to play for the console. This game is worth buying a new console for imo.

Mephala

So I'm about 15 hours in. I am struggling with bosses and group battles. I like Lin tanking with taunt but fuck me when she fires the rifle into the air and taunts several non-aggro'd mobs into the fray as well. Sometimes one of those lv40 jellyfish bird that you hardly even notice in combat.

Any tips? I'm level 25 and get bodied by stuff pretty easily at my own level. I'm also struggling with the NPCs. Lin and Emma are decent, they are often required members but everyone else is falling behind because they are always in and out.

Leiru

For the mission that gives you affinity, is the affinity shared equally among all party members? would one party member alone get the 3 times as much?

-Horizon-

Assuming the NX is much better than the Wii U and that a port does happen, resolution and frame rate will probably improve and the whole texture and object pop in thing will be lessened. I doubt anything else will change. It already 'looks' fine.

Daknight

Finally got the skell licence. It was quite an adventure cause of the oblivia quest hunt. I didn't check how to get to the lake an was running all around the desert trying to find the path. I found caves, treasures and unexplore areas, sight seeing spot and it took me like 2 hours to find the path :p Not complaining.

Had to run from high lv monsters (40 and up) all around the corridor path...I arrive to the lake with one still following me. I thought the water would have save me, so I dive to swim to an island in the middle...the damn monster was running on top of the water following me O_O I survive by pure luck when my entire team was dead and I had 300 hp monster finally stop following me!

So I'm about 15 hours in. I am struggling with bosses and group battles. I like Lin tanking with taunt but fuck me when she fires the rifle into the air and taunts several non-aggro'd mobs into the fray as well. Sometimes one of those lv40 jellyfish bird that you hardly even notice in combat.

Any tips? I'm level 25 and get bodied by stuff pretty easily at my own level. I'm also struggling with the NPCs. Lin and Emma are decent, they are often required members but everyone else is falling behind because they are always in and out.
I tend to pull mobs into an empty area that is relatively away from potential adds.

If you do get adds, make use of target appendage to fix onto a target and then give a battle command so everyone focuses fire, killing off the weakest adds first.

If you want CC and you're not a Psycorruptor, Irina has an AOE sleep (if I recall correctly). And if an add is something well beyond your level, ain't no shame in running.

-Horizon-

You're already level 25 in 15 hours

I'm only like level 27 or 28 and it took me 51 hours (._.)

Honestly, if you don't like her taunt art, you should just remove it. I've actually considered doing that myself because I almost screwed myself over because she thought it was a good idea to do that in a cave lol.

The only 'boss' I've actually had to retry was the one for Lao's first affinity mission I guess.

I've just been getting the latest armor and weapons that unlock and equipping them, leveling up my arts and skills and I'm doing fine so far.

Finally got the skell licence. It was quite an adventure cause of the oblivia quest hunt. I didn't check how to get to the lake an was running all around the desert trying to find the path. I found caves, treasures and unexplore areas, sight seeing spot and it took me like 2 hours to find the path :p Not complaining.

Had to run from high lv monsters (40 and up) all around the corridor path...I arrive to the lake with one still following me. I thought the water would have save me, so I dive to swim to an island in the middle...the damn monster was running on top of the water following me O_O I survive by pure luck when my entire team was dead and I had 300 hp monster finally stop following me!
You talking about that giant scorpion pincer looking thing? If so screw that thing, I've lost count of how many times those things have chased me clear across almost 1 or 2 hexagons on the map.

I feel weird equipping stuff.

It's hard to know if something is actually better sometimes. Like, sometimes I'll have a weapon with an attack of 40 and want to buy one with an attack of 60 but it'll say I do less damage overall due to not having Melee Attack on it or somesuch. It just seems like if a piece of equipment doesn't have a Melee/Range Attack Up it's inferior to another piece of equipment that has better defense/offense if it doesn't have those traits.

I never know what to equip. I unlock new shit or find drops of higher level and they're all worse than like half my starting equipment for my NPCs simply because taking off all their Melee/Range Up shit drops their attack by like 80.

Ulysses 31

Ares-90 is much easier to achieve.

So what gives a lvl60 skell the edge over the Ares 90? That is has 9(?) more augment slots to play with?

Outside the the so called poper augmented superweapons, I haven't seen anything close to the Agni gatling power on a regular lvl60 skell.

i haven't seen lvl60 skell gear drops either so that's why I'm asking. >.>

burgerdog

1080p and decent AF would make this game look amazing. There's plenty of things they could do to make this already gorgeous game even more beautiful.

Daknight

You're already level 25 in 15 hours

I'm only like level 27 or 28 and it took me 51 hours (._.)

Honestly, if you don't like her taunt art, you should just remove it. I've actually considered doing that myself because I almost screwed myself over because she thought it was a good idea to do that in a cave lol.

The only 'boss' I've actually had to retry was the one for Lao's first affinity mission I guess.

I've just been getting the latest armor and weapons that unlock and equipping them, leveling up my arts and skills and I'm doing fine so far.

You talking about that giant scorpion pincer looking thing? If so screw that thing, I've lost count of how many times those things have chased me clear across almost 1 or 2 hexagons on the map.

The very one. I had two following me. One stay in the coast, but one kept following. Since when swimming one is slower and can't attack I was completly left to the mercy of lady luck...she took pity on me lol

So what gives a lvl60 skell the edge over the Ares 90? That is has 9(?) more augment slots to play with?

Outside the the so called poper augmented superweapons, I haven't seen anything close to the Agni gatling power on a regular lvl60 skell.

i haven't seen lvl60 skell gear drops either so that's why I'm asking. >.>

You have more customizability with the level 60 skell. At base, an Ares90 is stronger yes. But once you take the time to build the proper level 60 super weapons and slot all the augmentation slots (which a level 60 skell will have more of) the sheer number of modifiers will have the level 60 skell overtake Ares90.
If you don't care enough to grind out the necessary augments and weapons, then an Ares90 is better. Otherwise a fully specced out 60 can do more and has more versatility.

Apparently in the Murder Most Foul Normal quest you can
save Gerome by disarming the bomb but when I do he just dies anyway from poison or something.
Did I miss something?

Oh my god, I literally can't deal with the item gathering in this game. It's like, dock an entire point bad for me. It makes me not want to do ANY quests at all that involve gathering ever. "Oh, this quest will give you deep backstory to a character and a weapon that cuts the planet in half" Nope, sorry dude, CAN'T BE FUCKED TO DO IT

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, I literally can't deal with the item gathering in this game. It's like, dock an entire point bad for me. It makes me not want to do ANY quests at all that involve gathering ever. "Oh, this quest will give you deep backstory to a character and a weapon that cuts the planet in half" Nope, sorry dude, CAN'T BE FUCKED TO DO IT

Not that bad with spreadsheet and just generally going for items when you're out and about. It's extremely common for me to be handed a gathering task and just have everything already because of a healthy stock of items built up from regular exploration and traversal for other quests.

Finalow

Evasion, Potential, and R/M Attack (and accuracy) and then whatever damage boosters compliment your super weapon or weakness exploiters to blow up enemies. The Frame-60s become untouchable (have to consider Spike damage though) and the Super Weapons can one shot everything once you max out with proper augments.
2 quick questions,

- what does potential do for Skells? I know it boosts TP art damage for ground gear but for Skells I have no idea.

- accuracy is needed because super weapons have a very low default accuracy or what. I don't think I ever miss the 98% of the time.

Vena

2 quick questions,

- what does potential do for Skells? I know it boosts TP art damage for ground gear but for Skells I have no idea.

- accuracy is needed because super weapons have a very low default accuracy or what. I don't think I ever miss the 98% of the time.

Potential increases Skell Overdrive damage, its how that mode is scaled. Your arts will do their regular scaled damage from M/R Attack modifiers, and then be scaled further based on Potential (and the specifics of the Skell's overdrive).

Accuracy is because the super-Tyrants have enormous evasion themselves, so you will miss constantly if you don't have high accuracy.

break parts, hit +, x, x, a to abandon (+, x, a if you have no NPCs)

you don't have to let time run down if you're just getting parts for ticket trade. you don't have to get 200+ RP, heck I only get around 1-2 RP when ticket farming/abandoning

I feel like no matter which response I give, Lin always has a heart above her. Thirsty ass girl

Though it was hilarious to watch my avatar try to cheer her up and then fall to his knees in despair after failing to haha.

Delio

Is there an easier way to get Advanced Cores btw? Those giant mech your supposed to farm from still end up getting off that gravity attack and ripping my team apart. I guess i should get some mechanoid slayers for everyone.

Ulysses 31

Is there an easier way to get Advanced Cores btw? Those giant mech your supposed to farm from still end up getting off that gravity attack and ripping my team apart. I guess i should get some mechanoid slayers for everyone.

They can be bought with tickets like any other material that drops from enemies.

Any advice on what Skell equipment I should get for the chapter 11 fight? It just occured to me outside of G-Buster I do like no damage at all. Especially ranged, almost no range damage.

Tried the boss on foot
and I can pretty much take off 40% if all my cooldowns are ready but he has one bullshit attack that melts from almost half the map away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom