• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So different characters have different rates of affinity gain, right?

Feels like the later you are able to get a character the faster their affinity goes up.

For real, though, bookmark (or d/l) Caaaaw's spreadsheet and download that manual PDF. Always good to have that stuff handy, especially the spreadsheet.

And yea, there was a small day-1 update. I was ready to go in a handful of minutes when I popped my disc in (data packs also predownloaded).

OK cool, thanks. I'll download those documents.

Owensboro

For real, though, bookmark (or d/l) Caaaaw's spreadsheet and download that manual PDF. Always good to have that stuff handy, especially the spreadsheet.

And yea, there was a small day-1 update. I was ready to go in a handful of minutes when I popped my disc in (data packs also predownloaded).

Holy hell, I just took a look at Caaaw's spreadsheet. That thing is INSANE. Question about the collectopedia page: how do you know a hex's number? Do you just have to count by the probe near it? It's the only thing I can think of that shows a number when you discover it. Damn it, I wish I was home so I could poke around the menus and ask more detailed questions!

NeonZ

Holy hell, I just took a look at Caaaw's spreadsheet. That thing is INSANE. Question about the collectopedia page: how do you know a hex's number? Do you just have to count by the probe near it? It's the only thing I can think of that shows a number when you discover it. Damn it, I wish I was home so I could poke around the menus and ask more detailed questions!

I think that's meant to be the probe number, yes. It has been working out for me so far anyway.

The only issue with the collectopedia listings there is that it doesn't seem to have listings for the seas around the continents (which areas of their own as far as drops go).

hex no = FN site no
general rule format is xyy where x is area and yy is probe location starting from top left most, going downward... although few FN site broke that numbering rule (like 102, 103, 104 iirc)

Chaos17

Today, I finaly unlocked my first skell and I've fallen in love again with the game <3

tumblr_nztgq0OsH51s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

The End

Today, I finaly unlocked my first skell and I've fallen in love again with the game <3

tumblr_nztgq0OsH51s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

Yuuuup. The game goes out of its way to make you feel small before you get your Skell, and once you do, you feel so big.

That being said, I really wish you'd gotten it 10-15 hours earlier. Also, a free skell is a free skell, but as soon as you hit 30 I highly recommend upgrading to the Amdusias.

That being said, I really wish you'd gotten it 10-15 hours earlier.
I found exploration and combat more fun on foot myself, I'm glad they gave an opportunity to enjoy that part of it for a decent amount of time. I see getting Skells as like getting vehicles in other JRPGs, where you gradually enhance your means of travelling a world map but you start with travelling it on foot.

Jarekx

Do you have to unlock some augments? There are a few I'm completely missing that I've seen people talk about creating so I'm assuming that's the case.

Golnei

I couldn't put off doing Chapter 9 any longer.

Birds...in the sky...
Carry...these words for me...

I found exploration and combat more fun on foot myself, I'm glad they gave an opportunity to enjoy that part of it for a decent amount of time. I see getting Skells as like getting vehicles in other JRPGs, where you gradually enhance your means of travelling a world map but you start with travelling it on foot.

I definitely think it was the right decision. Forcing the Skells on the player sooner would have just robbed them of being able to appreciate the environmental design of the first three continents, which were designed with both kinds of exploration in mind. The way it is now, people can rush to get them 12-15 hours in if they're the main reason they're interested in the game, as well as it being equally possible for someone to take 50 hours to get to a Skell, exploring as much as possible on foot.

Golnei

How's the game GAF? I was planning on getting it but I guess I just...didn't feel like it.

I guess it depends on how you found the first, as well as the whole slow-paced exploration-focused loop of gameplay which minimises story. I'm enjoying it, but I can see how it'd be a very easy game to hate.

Daknight

Damn black skell mission. Freaking tyrant came out of nowhere while I was killing the mechs and wreck my skell in one hit. Manage to run away on foot though. I was afraid that a skell 'breaking' was gone forever lol What a relief when I go to the hanger and behold...it was there :D At least I got the achivement out of the way lol

eaise

Neo Member
How's the game GAF? I was planning on getting it but I guess I just...didn't feel like it.

First 2 hours is the tutorial which is meh. But after that the game is amazing. So many things you can choose to do and tons of different ways to play the game. If you had ever had interest in the game at all you'll find your expectations meet above and beyond. This game is incredible!

Do you have to unlock some augments? There are a few I'm completely missing that I've seen people talk about creating so I'm assuming that's the case.

I think they unlock if you have at least one of the materials required completed

0/8
0/8
8/12
99/1

They tend to lose the ??? If you reach a list like. Above

I just read that if you don't kill the pigs in the City Savior mission,
Carl ends up dying later on...

Does this ruin my quest for a "perfect save" or
are there several NLA residents that end up dying that you have no control over?
Basically I'm looking for a way to justify continuing with my current save and not restarting.

Jarekx

I think they unlock if you have at least one of the materials required completed

0/8
0/8
8/12
99/1

They tend to lose the ??? If you reach a list like. Above

I know about those, but some I just seem to be missing completely, such as boosting certain damage types on skells (beam, ether, etc). I've found the ground gear equivalent but I can't find the skell version for the life of me.

Well I just learned that if your skell breaks in an online squad mission, it also breaks in your game. Does the skell you start off with also have 3 insurances? I am on my 3rd now. ):

Chaos17

This game is for players with knowledge of basics about rpgs and mostly for pc gamers or hardcore console gamers who miss the time where rpgs don&#8217;t hold your hand by making your life easy.

Any players who don&#8217;t know rpgs will have to have patience with the game and don&#8217;t expect it to have 5+ hours of tutorials. No, that game require to READ, either the manual or the the informations that random npcs will give you.

If you're able to go through these and don't expect a witcher story, then this game has a lot of chance to please you because it has :
- good character cutomisation
- good exploration (what you loot will always be usefull at one moment)
- Etc

Shaldome

Finished my Skell license yesterday as well. Tried on monster for a quest with the starter Skell you get and come back after one try with a level 30 one. I think I am going to farm some equipment for my Skell today and level up some squad members while I am doing it.

After that I am trying to get back and finish the water
purification plant quest, with the eggs. The three mobs after the door in the back of the plant wiped me every time I tried before.

I just read that if you don't kill the pigs in the City Savior mission,
Carl ends up dying later on...

Does this ruin my quest for a "perfect save" or
are there several NLA residents that end up dying that you have no control over?
Basically I'm looking for a way to justify continuing with my current save and not restarting.

latter

Fandangox

Damn black skell mission. Freaking tyrant came out of nowhere while I was killing the mechs and wreck my skell in one hit. Manage to run away on foot though. I was afraid that a skell 'breaking' was gone forever lol What a relief when I go to the hanger and behold...it was there :D At least I got the achivement out of the way lol

Be wary of the "Insurance" number at the Barracks Hangar at the computer, if your skell is at 0 when it gets destroyed it will be gone and you will have to pay a fee to repair it.

Every time your Skell gets destroyed you will use up one insurance unless you do a perfect soul voice challenge (The circle QTE) Which will make it so you don't use up one of your insurances upon destruction. However this will not work if you already used up all your insurance for the skell.

I know about those, but some I just seem to be missing completely, such as boosting certain damage types on skells (beam, ether, etc). I've found the ground gear equivalent but I can't find the skell version for the life of me.

Oh ok that is different

AMs play into that and new enemy drops

Kadin

I was reading on reddit that if your Skell gets down to 1 insurance, you should consider removing your parts from the frame and sell it since the sell price is the same as repair cost if it's destroyed again. Then simply buy another Skell which will give you another 3 insurance. If you wait until you have no insurance left, you have to repair FIRST to then be able to remove the individual parts which is a pretty high cost.

I've been grabbing the salvage tickets here and there but thought the above advice was pretty smart.

ohlawd

I was reading on reddit that if your Skell gets down to 1 insurance, you should consider removing your parts from the frame and sell it since the sell price is the same as repair cost if it's destroyed again. If you wait until you have no insurance left, you have to repair FIRST to then be able to remove the individual parts which is a pretty high cost. Then simply buy another Skell which will give you another 3 insurance.

I've been grabbing the salvage tickets here and there but thought the above advice was pretty smart.
Or keep it and give it to a party member. their success rate with saving Skells is 100%

h0tp0ck3t

Oh man I crafted as many Max TP XX augments as I could and loaded them up onto my MC. I have 15,000 max TP now Overdrive for days baby!

j-wood

So I just started playing Xenoblade chronicles on the 3ds. It's my first Xenoblade game and i'm...blown away by how good it is. So Is this new wii u game on the same caliber? Is it a must buy?

Shahadan

So I just started playing Xenoblade chronicles on the 3ds. It's my first Xenoblade game and i'm...blown away by how good it is. So Is this new wii u game on the same caliber? Is it a must buy?

Yes, but unlike the first one the story isn't the focus.

ys45

So hum I pretty much used Elma Lin and Irina the whole time, party currently lvl 42-45 .
Is there a way to quickly raise affinity with other party members I did not really used ?

I want to start doing other affinity missions but most of them are locked because of my affinity with party members

Also whats the best place to grind Skell parts lvl 30 ?

Fandangox

The first one focuses more on the story and characters and is closer to a traditional RPG

This one focuses a lot more on the exploration and combat, and the story isn't really the focus.

So depends on what you are enjoying of Xenoblade Chronicles right now.

j-wood

The first one focuses more on the story and characters and is closer to a traditional RPG

This one focuses a lot more on the exploration and combat, and the story isn't really the focus.

So depends on what you are enjoying of Xenoblade Chronicles right now.

Well shit. I thought this was a long running series (ala final fantasy). I had no idea chronicles was the first one. They knocked it out of the park that much? Damn.

DrWong

60hrs in and didn't even finish chapter 4. In fact I just have to report to end the chapter but I have too many things to explore/climb on my way back). Hooked.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's intense as hell. But manageable if you know what you're doing.

Too bad on my first attempt I got blinded by a snow storm in the middle of the fight.

:LOL

That's why I love those fights in that area, shit just happens and you've got to find a way to deal with it or lose. I also love that fight because it's one of those that permanently changes the landscape.

Well shit. I thought this was a long running series (ala final fantasy). I had no idea chronicles was the first one. They knocked it out of the park that much? Damn.

Yup, well these were the Xenogears guy so it's not like they had no experience.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Aw crap I'm just starting Chapter 10. Is level 45 a safe bet? I got whooped hard in the Chapter 9 fight so I spent a good amount of time grinding

That's way too high, you're gonna roll through that fight. It is a
skell fight
though so maybe it won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom