• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

This is one of my favourite pictures I've taken so far. What makes it extra cool is that you can actually see the tyrant dinosaur in the distance.

You can see those curious ruins down there too. Why don't you go check them out?

zroid

Banned
So having just finished Ch 6, I'm liking the story so far, I think they are introducing new twists and plot points at a good clip. The main issue for me is the presentation. It feels a little hokey with the cutaway scenes of the villains. Saturday morning cartoon ish. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think the presentation of the story fits with the vibe of the game overall. The voice performances are all very consistently good though, nothing to complain about there (Ma-non aside).

Mat-triX

For those who beat the game - without spoilers - what is the average level you finished the game at? In Xenoblade 1, I got to the final area at level 93 with most things completed.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
For those who beat the game - without spoilers - what is the average level you finished the game at? In Xenoblade 1, I got to the final area at level 93 with most things completed.

You want to be at least 50. Though I was 60 by the time I got to final boss.

edit: unless you got some good equipments.

Yeesh I wish they didnt revert the camera controls when youre in close quarters/indoors. That slow as fuck acceleration is absolutely horrible. Thank god you can turn off the acceleration when you're normally out in the field.

Chaos17

Good thing I am almost finished. The game is beginning to drag. A little over 35 hours in so far.

image.php

Dawg

Is there a way to reset the camera distance to default? Sometimes I accidentally press the L button + joystick which makes me zoom out a lot. I'm pretty obsessive about these kind of things so I want to return to normal camera distance but I'm never sure I am :c

Also, how do you exactly change targeting on limbs of a boss enemy? Sometimes it happens automatically but I can't seem to trigger it manually.

JulianImp

The other favorite part is flying around and suddenly you're attacked by some elder god tyrant or a swarm of high level enemies just flying around. That goddamn claw in Cauldros.

Quoted for truth. I was just flying around looking at the ominous giant drills all over Cauldros but then I spotted a tri-claw structure, flew towards it and was greeted by the claw springing to life and being a level 70 tyrant. I flew away as fast as possible, but I could only watch as some kind of missiles it shot flew towards me, hit my skell and one-shot it.

It was awesome.

Is there a way to reset the camera distance to default? Sometimes I accidentally press the L button + joystick which makes me zoom out a lot. I'm pretty obsessive about these kind of things so I want to return to normal camera distance but I'm never sure I am :c

Also, how do you exactly change targeting on limbs of a boss enemy? Sometimes it happens automatically but I can't seem to trigger it manually.

not sure about camera reset, but targetting is automatically depending on your position (and camera?) so if you want to target specific part just move around and the target reticule will readjust itself... then press R3 to target lock it

Yam's

Flying in this game brings the same issue it did to World of Warcrat for me. It feels great, I was super excited the first time I flew over the different regions, but then I realized it killed the exploration for me. I still force myself not using it from time to time, but with all these quests that lack any variety to them, it's harder and harder not to simply fly through them (most of the time the cut-scenes are the highlights of those quests anyway). As in WoW, flying lets you simply fly to your target, drop down without aggroing anything and take off in a mere seconds, I wished they put more dangers in the sky to counter that. Fortunately I had already explored 4/5 areas by the time I got my flying module.

Same thing goes for all the different teleport points. They should have used the Blade camps as teleport points, rather than giving us sooo many teleport points. Currently grinding some affinity, it's just a succession of teleport there, accomplish goal A, teleport back, done.

I mean I love this game, it's great in many aspects, but I don't get why they created skell assurance on one hand (which is just going through 2 loadings really and more of a nuisance than anything) and let you travel that easily on the other hand. Some decisions just seem stupid to me.

Obviously I can fix this myself by not flying, not teleporting, but once you've tasted the easy life, it's not that easy.

Good thing I am almost finished. The game is beginning to drag. A little over 35 hours in so far.

If you're almost finished at 35 hours you must be blazing through. I'm impressed.

55. I tried to beat it at level 43 but it just wasn't happening. Fortunately I found a nice spot (mentioned here in the thread somewhere) that leveled me up incredibly quickly.

Mat-triX

around 45? can't remember

You want to be at least 50. Though I was 60 by the time I got to final boss.

edit: unless you got some good equipments.

55. I tried to beat it at level 43 but it just wasn't happening. Fortunately I found a nice spot (mentioned here in the thread somewhere) that leveled me up incredibly quickly.

Really? That low? Does the levels slow down significantly or does completing (100%) the game not get you that high in levels?

Really? That low? Does the levels slow down significantly or does completing (100%) the game not get you that high in levels?

you'll end up level 60 anyway if you're going for 100%. in case you didn't know, level 60 is the max. as for final boss, higher level do help, but it\s more of correct strategy & probably correct gear for both skell & ground

Mat-triX

The level cap is 60.

It's the opposite. You can jump to 60 really fast. Hence I was 60 already at the end.

edit: unless you're talking about level caps.

you'll end up level 60 anyway if you're going for 100%. in case you didn't know, level 60 is the max. as for final boss, higher level do help, but it\s more of correct strategy & probably correct gear for both skell & ground

Did not know the cap was 60. That would explain it. Thanks.

Finalow

the more I use Skells the more I hate these controls.

so fucking sluggish, did they want to simulate the ''real life experience'' of piloting a giant mech.

vehicle mode is literally the worst as far as controls go

Vena

No problem. I got two skell super weapon myself. Was planning to create more 60-skell frames. Until I realize how easy it is for me to farm it myself.

lol

Ya its not hard to farm for those parts. Also I now find out that Skell Frame Augment % boosts don't actually stack past 25%. Good to know.

Brings me to a question I've been wondering for awhile. What are the best augments for skells? Is this evasion boost one of them?

I'm making a very glassy, nigh-untouchable Urban. So, for me, yes but it depends on what you want your skell to do. Its obviously a useless augment on something like Amdusias or Mastema.

eaise

Neo Member
lol

I'm making a very glassy, nigh-untouchable Urban. So, for me, yes but it depends on what you want your skell to do. Its obviously a useless augment on something like Amdusias or Mastema.

My plan was to make something similar to what you are making. So guess I need to farm now haha. Thanks for the info!

Just did L's second affinity mission. I got dead worried near the end
you have to fight the Telethia. I was screaming "don't you dare say it...don't you dare...oh God am I going be stuck with Elma, Lin and L for the rest of the postgame"...thankfully you need to do about 5% damage to it and it just leaves (I guess it just thinks, "you weaklings are not worth bothering with"). At least I know I can take down the Primordia Millesaur...and no I didn't go for their "head" :p

I notice the Original series of weapons (blueprints found as enemy drops) have 3 empty slots. Can I add another 3 slots to them or is the 3 they come with my lot.
To answer my own question original weapons have 3 empty slots and that is their max. I need to check again to see if their stats are identical to the high level enemy drop versions of them (in which case the enemy drops are better due to having some built in augments).

As far as the bunnycuffs go (the other thing that uses Telethia stem cells), I've had no luck with Ryyz silver earrings drops yet and Lucky Rainbow Wing I'm going to try again once I have Ares 90 (it would be nice to get the reward ticket cost down). Balaena takes a bit long for my Excavator to kill (plus I nearly got it blown up).

Does an 8 Storage, 2 Duplicator, 1 Booster G1 and 1 Booster G2 probes enough to get me 100k storage?
You're probably going to fall just short due to storage. I can get 105k using this layout:
WVW69irgebAuyOEplT

I notice now I am using two G2.
I see. How many do I need to reach the 100k storage?
Hopefully one more storage will be enough to push you over the edge.

They have that? lol 140 hours and I've not made one augment.
Not even max TP up XX? That is essential to ground combat. :(

Is there anyway other way to refuel Skells without waiting and paying 5k miranium?
Binding giant enemies refuels the Skell during the bind. Personally I'd use heavy Skells for their large fuel tank (yes they have less efficiency during flight and combat but arts are the main fuel consumer on a skell) and try to stay away from G-buster (E-scythe using back attack can be nearly as strong).

Finally got my Ares 90 ! But I think I will give it to Elma later on, I prefer being able to chose my own gear. Speaking of Elma, any place where a I can get cool dual blade weapon ?
Have a peek at this guide for spots to farm weapons. I think Joker, the Unknowable is a good starting spot but I'm not sure how many versions of the level 60 weapons drop there (I'm also certain I've got level 60 weapons from the bugs around Joker, not as commonly as Joker drops them). Remember to make sure the class you are using has dual blades as its primary equipment (weapon drops are biased towards your class).

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
lol

Ya its not hard to farm for those parts. Also I now find out that Skell Frame Augment % boosts don't actually stack past 25%. Good to know.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind once I start customizing my skell.

Astral Dog

So having just finished Ch 6, I'm liking the story so far, I think they are introducing new twists and plot points at a good clip. The main issue for me is the presentation. It feels a little hokey with the cutaway scenes of the villains. Saturday morning cartoon ish. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think the presentation of the story fits with the vibe of the game overall. The voice performances are all very consistently good though, nothing to complain about there (Ma-non aside).
Yes it has this, cartoonish/weird humor through the whole game (like Tatsu or the Ma non) so i say it fitts, its just not very good and underdeveloped for the story and characters.

Lexxism

Finally. Thanks a bunch Chicken and Ultima. Saved me a lot of time farming Lophids, lol.
Where did you get the Lophids & Tersqual loots?

You're probably going to fall just short due to storage. I can get 105k using this layout:
WVW69irgebAuyOEplT

I notice now I am using two G2.
Hopefully one more storage will be enough to push you over the edge.
Ohhhhh. Thanks for that. I'll try this one later.
how do I even get 8 storage probes :[
Do the Kristy quest. I think you can get 3 storage and duplicator probes from her. She has 5 quests. She could be found on Administrative District, Administrative District, District, Administrative District, Residential District. (in order)
Then you can get one after doing Chapter 3, 4, 6 and 11. That's 7 already.

Is that true?

I dunno, I started using Celica and L at the same time and after a handful of normal missions L was at 2 Hearts and Celica was at 3. Pretty sure she wasn't getting anymore hearts above her head from my choices either.

Not hard evidence to go on, that's why I was wondering if anyone knew definitively.

NeoRausch

Mani can't find those stupid dirt caecus!!

They are supposed to be at 220. Day, night, rain... Tried it all!
Any help? I think I'm going blind.

R.D.Blax

I thought I could finally get my revenge against the Guardian Deity with my Ares but nope, he wiped the floor with me in less than 10 sec lol. That what I get bet getting to cocky

I dunno, I started using Celica and L at the same time and after a handful of normal missions L was at 2 Hearts and Celica was at 3. Pretty sure she wasn't getting anymore hearts above her head from my choices either.

Not hard evidence to go on, that's why I was wondering if anyone knew definitively.

most likely you respond more towards Celica's soul voices... also different party members respond differently to the choice options you picked when talking to npc during missions

zroid

Banned
Yes it has this, cartoonish/weird humor through the whole game (like Tatsu or the Ma non) so i say it fitts, its just not very good and underdeveloped for the story and characters.

That's sort of what I'm saying, there's a cartoonish presentation to the story and characters, but the world building and themes in the story are somewhat darker in contrast. It's just odd.

most likely you respond more towards Celica's soul voices... also different party members respond differently to the choice options you picked when talking to npc during missions

Yeah, I was watching how they both reacted to my choices since I noticed her gaining affinity way faster. But I wasn't really paying attention to soul voices that much. I go around one-shotting most things anyway, so I usually don't even get a chance to soul voice at all.

Good God Sylvalum at night is even more beautiful when the spores get really crazy. Felt like I was in a snowstorm for a second. Also found a sidequest that asks me to retrieve ice cream lol.

Oh God theres a Crimson Aurora in the sky now. Yo this is too pretty

Use the shield wall skill for Lin and I think ghost walk for Elma. Made a big difference

Do you mean Ghost Factory? Grants Decoy?

Lin has Shield Wall. How do I tell her to use it in battle? You cant tell your party members which art to use, can you?

I'm lvl. 33 btw. I guess Melee attacks dont work on the chapter 9 boss?

Fishlake

I got my skell like 20 minutes ago and I'm already in love with it.

Those darn giant copper cineculas fall to it in less then a fifth of the time it took to kill them before I had it.

Back to doing side quests before doing chapter

Bahaha at Lara Nara in that one side-quest. Such a sassy man. Did they give the female animations to a male character to make him appear more feminine? It was a good quest though.

The more I play this game, the more I feel it came out of the PS1/PS2 era. Obviously not in terms of scope or game design, but moreso in its approach to communicating the authors' intent.

Modern AAA gaming is basically defined by focus tested polish. Everything is incredibly polished but devoid of individual identity.

XBX however takes an opposite approach. Everything about the game is exactly how Takahashi wanted it, regardless of whether it would be popular or not. Don't like the music? The party management? The way the story unfolds? All the game has to say to that is CAN'T HEAR YOU CAN'T SEE YOU

The sound effects in the menus and stuff in the game makes me think of RPGs from the 2000s. The sound when you select something is so satisfying.

I'm also gonna use that phrase from now on to ward off haters.

I've said this before, but I think the best way to handle it would have just been to have "Skell" and "ground" versions of each continent theme that seamlessly transition between each other, with no separate track for flying. Really, this game could have benefited so much from dynamic instrumental layers.

Yeah that'd be perfect but I can see it being a ton of work. I'm happy there were even night and day themes for each continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom