• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Ulysses 31

Well, ultimately for the frame I think the clear goal is to get three EtherAttackUP XX's, whatever they're called, 3 Custom.WpnAttackup XX on the super weapon cannon thing, and then things get murky. I believe you only need 1 Ether Reflect and one Thermal Reflect to cover everything, I think one covers the whole skell for each type of damage, I don't think every Ether weapon needs an Ether Reflect. For the Gattling Gun I'm starting to lean towards 3 Weapon Speed Cooldown XX's as you can then use it pretty much without cool down.

So what I'm thinking is the Ashura Cannon or whatever it's called gets 3 Custom Weapon Attack Up XX's. The Gattling Gun gets 3 Weapon speed UP XX's. And then on the more useless weapons like the melee blade and the autoblaster I'm putting some Critical Chance ups and the Ether and Thermal Reflects. The Thermal weapon that throws those rings, I'm not sure what to put on there, maybe I'd craft some Antiultrafauna or whatever I plan on fighting or keep stacking more critical chance which would be effective towards everything.

Wasn't there someone who said that frame boost % augs are capped at 100%?

If you like lower CDs, isn't it an idea to use some GP Augs to enter overdrive faster? Remember that weapons don't use fuel during overdrive and CDs are cut in half also I think.

mAcOdIn

Wasn't there someone who said that frame boost % augs are capped at 100%?
Hmm, not sure myself. If so, yay, an open spot!

If you like lower CDs, isn't it an idea to use some GP Augs to enter overdrive faster? Remember that weapons don't use fuel during overdrive and CDs are cut in half also I think.
It is but I'm not entirely sure how feasible that is for everything, like one of the Global Nemesis's has a move that drains my GP, and while I'm sure that has a counter too do I want to muck with that? I was just going for sheer simplicity.

But truth be told I don't know exactly how everything ties together yet.

Golnei

That's what it's supposed to be for at least, then you have random ones like
Nagi's Time
where it's like ??? :p

I can't help but wonder if something was cut from that mission or it was thrown together from a cutscene initially intended to be somewhere else - it's less involved than most of the basic missions, not to mention other affinity missions.

I want to change my avatar to
Ayylma
, but I guess I wont be able to do it for a couple of months, yet. :p

The more I listen to the OST the more I start to love it. I think ACE+ type of music wouldnt have been a good fit this game at all. The sci-fi atmosphere Sawano pieces match completely with the theme of the game.

Why don't you use KOS-MOS with the saturation turned down instead? I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

I agree that the first game's style wouldn't have been a good fit for X, musically; and that the general atmosphere of the score we did get works well (some vocal tracks aside), but that only makes its flaws all the more glaring; especially where sound design is concerned.

KeRaSh

I wanted to progress with the story yesterday and checked the requirements for the next mission. I need a one heart affinity with Lao. According to the chart I'm at that level with him but it won't give me the mission. He's not in my party when I try to accept it so it must be the affinity level.

Penny Arcade had some XCX stuff. Comic in the usual spot, plus this text cap:
52tFjr8.png

random25

I wanted to progress with the story yesterday and checked the requirements for the next mission. I need a one heart affinity with Lao. According to the chart I'm at that level with him but it won't give me the mission. He's not in my party when I try to accept it so it must be the affinity level.

Maybe it's not a full heart yet. When there's like a pinkish glow in the heart's outline that means it's full.

DeathPeak

I'm very slowly starting to pick up on all the gameplay elements. Especially Soul Voices. Battles are getting easier. Don't know how a feel about Squad Tasks. I know I can do Lifeholder, but I'd rather just be able to disconnect.

KeRaSh

Penny Arcade had some XCX stuff. Comic in the usual spot, plus this text cap:
52tFjr8.png

This might be a good chance to ask... What is the tertiary cooldown?
When an art is available for use and the little circle around it is full is it considered the secondary cooldown?

random25

This might be a good chance to ask... What is the tertiary cooldown?
When an art is available for use and the little circle around it is full is it considered the secondary cooldown?

That's on overdrive. The art gets a white circle cooldown (tertiary) overlapping the green (secondary) when overdrive is active.

HeeHo

I just beat the game not too long ago. Not gonna spoil anything. I had a good time, mixed feelings of not wanting to play at all for several days, to playing 3 days in a row for several hours kept happening to me.

The world and Skell traversal was amazing, but the story is a huge downgrade compared to the first game. It's not bad, it's just kinda there.

I would honestly like to say I'll touch the post-game stuff but I don't even feel like booting the dang thing up anymore. Plus, it's on the Wii U and I'm kind of a achievement/trophy person and even though this game has 'achievements' It's really not the same thing.

Only thing I'm worried about is having a vague interest in the online missions and coming back with no player base. Do people actually play often with randoms? I barely ever get invited, have only played once with someone and recruiting people for missions takes a bit of time.

Jackano

NLA report, 170h in.
The last couple days I played shows how the game is unbalanced sometimes.

First I got that badass Skell.
Ares. Now I'm one-shooting everything in sight for 1.5k miranium.
And the sidekicks I barely used so far leveled up from lv 30ish to level 50ish in a couple hours. Affinity however takes forever...

Second I got that last playable character
Mia is the definitive waifu. But the game crushed me again with on-foot only battle. Quest: avoid ennemies; Boss: It's not that hard but you have to setup characters with many HP and then just survive long enough to kill him. Then go back to your skell and one-shoot him one last time.
I saw a lv.90 skell in that cave, I'm not eager to return and kill him on-foot...

Anyway now I'm into killing tyrants, and leveling affinities.
Then farming lv.60 Skells materials.
And finally killing super monsters in a few weeks, hopefully.

Irminsul

Is this for the A Proper Chopper mission in which you have to repair a chopper? If so, the English name for the item you need to collect is a Spherical EM Motor. There's supposed to be an NPC somewhere in NLA that tells you where to find such item (although I never encountered that NPC).

Anyway, in case it's really the Spherical EM Motor you're looking for, you'll have to go to the Weeping Whitewood. Here's one possible route how to get there.
Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I needed! That route is also great, even though the Weeping Whitewood is even farther north than I thought.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
One thing I love in this game is that it lacks the one thing a lot of games with this setting has.

Fucking MUH HUMANITY PREVAILS shit like it's some DEM. Glad this one doesn't have it.

Sakurai needs to change his mind and make more Smash DLC. Namely Elma with her Full Metal Jaguar set. You could switch between dual swords and dual guns, reflecting X's focus on switching between ranged and melee. You could also slide under enemies andfall to your death.

ftfy

Haunted

Scouting 18k lvl 60 people from the BLADE console is flat out autowin.

I think their on-foot dps is higher than the dps output of my actual squad in their lvl 50 skells. :lol

Golnei

I'm doing Boze's third affinity mission now, and the cave you're sent to there is probably the worst place in the game so far for bringing out the party members' more suicidal tendencies. The AI can't navigate rooms with platforms over lava at the best of times, so putting the mission's boss in there essentially forces you to solo it.

Congratulations! Now go one-shot that Guardian Deity with your ether cannon! :)
You are mean
suggesting they attack something with reflect

So what's a good all around augment setup for the Ares?

I'm thinking put 3 Damage Above XX on the frame, 5 Evade XX on the armor, but then idk about the weapons, they have three slots each. I'll put a Negate Ether Reflect XX on both of the ether attacks, then no idea, ranged accuracy?
Negate Ether Reflect XX affects all weapons on Skell so put it one of the non-ether weapons. Custom only affect that weapon (hence why you want the ether weapons free to load with these) otherwise it is all weapons is the rule the game never clearly tells you :(
Armour I'd suggest resists for whatever elements you're fighting against as nice as dodging is taking very little damage is also good.
Frame I go for 1 side up, 1 above up and 1 ether up (this caps ether to the point upgrading any on the armour or weapons will do nothing).
3 Custom speed on agni gatling and upgrade the built-in one (this will be your main attack, also happens to have a side bonus, cancel the animation at the end by hitting B once)
I suppose custom attack on the cannon is good too (only used meh quality ones from chests for far).
I go for two ranged accuracy up, some ranged attack up (lower priority), two or three slayers (but no more due to cap), appendage damage boost (which actually makes the appendage take less damage to be destroyed rather than make you do more damage, still handy for nemesis farming), a few opening damage too perhaps.

The main issue is when you're getting around 600% from augments it gets harder to notice the boosts you're doing. Also for most endgame augments you're going to run short of Bonjelium and then be stuck waiting hours for more Bonjelium especially as feels like certain things pause mining :( I wonder if there are any tricks that can done to make it mine more quickly.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 268,005 as of January 7th, 2016 - 12:16 GMT

I can't make up my mind if I love this game or not. I'm about to start Chapter 8, but these prereqs for missions are killing me...especially the "be this level". I'm killing Blatta on this beach and they don't appear fast enough to be of much use. And they only give 75exp. Its just frustrating that a game where the level grind should be fun, and kind of is fun, is hurt by the requirement to grind. If that makes sense....

Not really. Don't you, as a true gamer (who else inhabits a gamer forum???), have curiousity about the world you play in? When you are level 12, and see a level 14 xeno mob for the first time, don't you ask yourself "I wonder what attacks that thing has, what animations it has, what it drops, what's it's rare, what's the best combo for my team to employ to kill it asap?". After killing it and it's friends like 10-15x to answer those questions, you'll have gained like a half a level and can move on.

Rinse and repeat that with every mob, and extend that curiousity to every nook and cranny of the world , every sidequest, and you'll be well above level.

Hey guys,

Where can I find the team members after they disband? I can't keep them in the reserve for some reason

Is there a list with locations?

Thanks

Jackano

You are mean
suggesting they attack something with reflect

Negate Ether Reflect XX affects all weapons on Skell

Out of curiosity, because I'm at work now and can't check the game, you guys are talking about the reason why I got wrecked by a giant robot in a Noctilum water area after trying to shoot him with the 1.5k miranium Ares weapon?
So that's the augment I should be looking for?

massoluk

Banned
Will it be a waste of money to get a third Level 50 Skell for Chapter 12? I know the Level 60 frames become available immediately afterwards, but I'm not sure how many of my party members will be at a level where they can use them during most of the postgame affinity missions.

Getting level 60 skells is a pain in the ass. I have only one so far and it's from Affinity mission reward.

Boss Doggie

So if my insurance is 0, even when I get perfect in skell eject, it will not get a free repair right?

So what do I do then to restore insurance?

When reading this thread, I discover there is a considerable amount of people asking about the location of party members. This really makes me think about the play style of different players. The players asking the above question certainly did not attempt to explore NLA, which is the exact opposite of my approach. I try to walk through NLA twice between each chapters, once for daytime and nigh time. Currently, I have just finished Chapter 5, but I can already tell NLA undergoes huge difference after happening of major story events. Although my playtime per day is limited, I still don't want to miss anything happening inside this game, as these detailed content clearly show the hard work of Monolith put into the worldbuilding of this game, thereby affecting your overall experience.

It is just my two cent. If you don't walk through the streets of NLA throughout the game, you will miss a lot.

Btw, the party-switching system is legibly flawed. I am not trying to justify this system here.

Boss Doggie

Ah it seems to be better just to buy a new skell

Anyway how do I save the custom colors/design?

robot

A few Skell questions if anyone can help answering:

- Do I have to purchase my team members Skells or do they get them in the same way I did? I passed the exam and only got one.

- What happens if I frequently switch my 4th - do I just re-register the Skell to the new partner?

- What is the requirement for using the Skells that are sold in the armory? I can afford them but they're all red. Do I need to hit level 30?

- Is there a recommendation on which Skell type to use for range focused play styles?

- During a battle the fight will suddenly switch to a cockpit view. What's going on there?

Fandangox

- Do I have to purchase my team members Skells or do they get them in the same way I did? I passed the exam and only got one.

- What happens if I frequently switch my 4th - do I just re-register the Skell to the new partner?

- What is the requirement for using the Skells that are sold in the armory? I can afford them but they're all red. Do I need to hit level 30?

- Is there a recommendation on which Skell type to use for range focused play styles?

- During a battle the fight will suddenly switch to a cockpit view. What's going on there?

1. You have to purchase one for each party member as there can only be one skell registered to one person at any given time. It is really only "Necessary" to buy 4, since you can only have 4 characters out at max. Unless you want to personally customize each Skell to serve a different battle role, and you control each depending on the situation.

2. You have to re-register it yes.

3. There are 4 Skell Frame levels LVL 20. Of which you only get one, after the exam. The level 30 and 50 you can buy at the shop, and the level 60 ones you can craft. To be able to use a Skell frame you have to be on an equal or higher level.

4. Nor in particular, you can see the base stats, and see which one favors Range attacks, but the difference between Skell Frames mostly comes down to Defense, Evasion, General attack power, etc. Engineering augments is what really will make a difference here. If you want to focus on a Range Playstyle, make augments that boost range arts and range base stats.

5. This is something that happens randomly (not quite sure myself if is tied to a specific stat, possibly potential) when this happens the cooldown for all your arts resets, and you are also invincible during this period. You have a bigger chance to trigger this view when using arts during overdrive.

Jackano

- You have to purchase them.

- You assign one skell to one partner (or you) in the blade barrack. But you can change this when you want.

- The only requirement is the level. Also applies to your partners. I believe you can only buy lv.30 and lv.50 Skells. Others are crafted, and your lv.20 first skell is another exception.

- Cockpit view. Weird but you're invincible and that refill all your arts. Trigger randomly when you use an art.

Edit: Fandangox made a better post (y)

Golnei

The beginning of Chapter 12 was such a missed opportunity, as far as sound direction goes. It wasn't exactly good in the rest of the game, but here it really made what was supposed to be the beginning of the final act fall flat. Having the regular flight music play as you
approach the Lifehold Core
sucked all the drama out of it, especially since it continues to play after the mobilisation cutscene that was in all of the trailers. And when you land on
the core itself, the news that humanity has a few minutes left to live
is met with the same calm briefing music you get when your party was discussing a lost cat.

Though everything beyond that point was actually done pretty well, especially the panning shots over
the internal chamber accompanied by the solo vocals
. The final cutscenes are probably the only time the vocals didn't completely drown out or jar with the dialogue.

ok I am more than 420+ hours in, can't say I did not take my sweet time

just finished the Blood Lobster

my next goals are to craft a few level 60s
gear up for Super Tyrants
get 100%

another 100 hours? LOL

Wiseblade

The beginning of Chapter 12 was such a missed opportunity, as far as sound direction goes...

... And when you land on
the core itself, the news that humanity has a few minutes left to live
is met with the same calm briefing music you get when your party was discussing a lost cat.
I disrespectfully disagree, the briefing song is secretly the best in the whole soundtrack.

Vena

ok I am more than 420+ hours in, can't say I did not take my sweet time

just finished the Blood Lobster

my next goals are to craft a few level 60s
gear up for Super Tyrants
get 100%

another 100 hours? LOL

Wtf are you doing that takes so much time? I barely have 150hrs clocked.

Dimmle

I would love to attach a rubber band to the left stick and leave the game on overnight for mad credits but I'm too ashamed to inflate an already embarrassing game clock.

Dineren

Banned
I don't sleep much :(

I love this game, I spend 5-6 hours just grinding augments for each party member

I'm impressed you can play that much without burning out. This my GOTG and I think I would drive myself insane grinding augments for everyone. Although, thinking about how powerful your party must be is seriously tempting me.

Top Bottom