• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

random25

Doug bragging his
low-res
sports car.

rvb6NIp.jpg

I'm impressed you can play that much without burning out. This my GOTG and I think I would drive myself insane grinding augments for everyone. Although, thinking about how powerful your party must be is seriously tempting me.

I love trying to learn the crazy system
I wish I could get into The Witcher 3 this much but I love Sci-Fi and hate Horror-Fantasy

I am not burned out as long as I am having fun with the game

I put this much hours in many games

last few time sinks was The Crew, Destiny, GTAV online, Bayonetta, Splatoon

the fun ends when I get the next game

I managed to get 30% of Oblivia surveyed... although I had to run from level 40+ enemies more often than I can count.

It feels good nonetheless. :)

Josh378

I just brought the game from best buy and I am on my way home. What should be the first thing I do guys? Read the manual or just jump in?

etking

Banned
I will get my flight license this weekend after more than 80 hours. And I skipped more than 50% of standard missions, normal missions, affinity missions and recruitable characters so far.

I suppose this will become the longest casual play through in my life, and easily beat the 90+ hours spent with Final Fantasy VIII and Xenoblade Chronicles.

But Xenoblade X is still not in my JRPG Top 10 and will never be. The original Xenoblade is a much better game in every aspect.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I will get my flight license this weekend after more than 80 hours. And I skipped more than 50% of standard missions, normal missions, affinity missions and recruitable characters so far.

I suppose this will become the longest casual play through in my life, and easily beat the 90+ hours spent with Final Fantasy VIII and Xenoblade Chronicles.

But Xenoblade X is still not in my JRPG Top 10 and will never be. The original Xenoblade is a much better game in every aspect.

So you're basically doing a speed run.

sensui-tomo

more like read the wiki :\
There is a wiki for this game? (I didnt bother reading the OT for this thread but rest assured i'm not the person who didnt know that you could level skills and arts... I'm the person who hasnt touched the crafting system yet and i've beaten the story line already :/ )

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is a wiki for this game? (I didnt bother reading the OT for this thread but rest assured i'm not the person who didnt know that you could level skills and arts... I'm the person who hasnt touched the crafting system yet and i've beaten the story line already :/ )

The crafting system isn't worth touching until after you've beaten the story line anyway.

I managed to get 30% of Oblivia surveyed... although I had to run from level 40+ enemies more often than I can count.

It feels good nonetheless. :)

Trying to do that shit right now, and holy hell it is annoying. Monsters just appear from the cliffs and chase you all the way past the falls, where another one decides to kill you. Perhaps it's my fault for not having anyone but Lin and that other one leveled? Of course it is.

SLIDING SLINGER!

sensui-tomo

The crafting system isn't worth touching until after you've beaten the story line anyway.

Been helping out people with multiplayer if only to get more tickets, I should really try to make an ARES instead of the Asmodeuos (or whatever the hell its called) as i've heard its easier to grind for materials with.

Just beat
Nagi's
affinity mission and he was quite the badass at the end. It would have been cool if we won the fight after that cut scene but we kind of aggroed everyone

Dineren

Banned
Been helping out people with multiplayer if only to get more tickets, I should really try to make an ARES instead of the Asmodeuos (or whatever the hell its called) as i've heard its easier to grind for materials with.

It's very easy to get the materials, but still pretty tedious. I honestly don't like the crafting system too much. I don't think I have it in me to do any more now that I have the Ares 90.

El Odio

Banned
Went to do L's conundrum and got a good laugh at how all the material missions were marked for complete immediately. Do any of the suggestions you give the customers matter at all? There isn't going to be any worthwhile consequences for suggesting that girl cooks a honeysmoke right?

random25

Woah that final Orphean quest
just put "kill Telethia" as an optional objective. Sorry Orphean lady, I'll avenge your death next time.

Did...Did you force L out of his clothes just to ogle Doug instead?! You monster!

Can't you see his smug look? He likes it!

Xenoboy

Chapter 10 was all kinds of cool until it ended.
Like what? I felt like we should gone back to NLA or something...
Anyways it was really awesome, the fight was fun. Died once, came back with vengeance second time.
Poor Dhargan...

The End

Quick question: I've got a Amdusias for my PC and I bought a Mastema for Lin. Elma has been using the Urban, which is basically trash, so I'd like to buy her something nicer. Canonically the Verus is her "favorite" but I'm thinking maybe the inferno? The Urban would go to whoever is guesting, obviously.

I just brought the game from best buy and I am on my way home. What should be the first thing I do guys? Read the manual or just jump in?

I'm voting jump in since I went digital so there wasn't a manual and the built in one is cumbersome. I got going easily enough, once you're getting a bit confused consult the OT here for some helpful resources and google anything else. I've only had to ask a few questions on here so far but it's pretty inevitable with a game this size. The info you'll pick up will make a lot more sense if you put in a little bit of playtime first IMO.

Whizkid7

Woah that final Orphean quest
just put "kill Telethia" as an optional objective. Sorry Orphean lady, I'll avenge your death next time.

Can't you see his smug look? He likes it!

Doug always looks like that! Though I shouldn't talk; I put him in the dark suit with the open jacket....

Went to do L's conundrum and got a good laugh at how all the material missions were marked for complete immediately. Do any of the suggestions you give the customers matter at all? There isn't going to be any worthwhile consequences for suggesting that girl cooks a honeysmoke right?

Dunno. But I gave thomas the honeysmoke and spoke to him after. It was awesome.

Also, anyone know what sales might be?

-Horizon-

Haha the bride mission. I'm legit playing an anime.
I don't know who to pick though. One admits their love, the other I feel acts like a tsundere lol

I'm voting jump in since I went digital so there wasn't a manual and the built in one is cumbersome. I got going easily enough, once you're getting a bit confused consult the OT here for some helpful resources and google anything else. I've only had to ask a few questions on here so far but it's pretty inevitable with a game this size. The info you'll pick up will make a lot more sense if you put in a little bit of playtime first IMO.

There is no physical manual.

Spierek

Finally conquered Oblivia! Feels good and tiring lol. This is my first one so hopefully I can do the other 4 soon plus NLA.

Nice! I really wish they went with something else than those golden icons though, they look really ugly :/

Finished Chapter 10 yesterday and
I was super disappointed with that fight. Felt really tiring and poorly designed for me. Here's hoping 11 will be better.

I got a license to skelllllll, and you know I'm going straight for your heart.
Got a license to skelllll, any Indigen that tries to tear us apart.
License to skelllllllllllll.
Skell.

Haha the bride mission. I'm legit playing an anime.
I don't know who to pick though. One admits their love, the other I feel acts like a tsundere lol

I saved before this quest so I got to see both paths. Honestly, they both seem like a good fit for him. So for me, it came down to who do I feel the most sorry for;
the gentle, heartbroken prone woman
or
the strong, independent prone woman who don't need no man.

Trying to do that shit right now, and holy hell it is annoying. Monsters just appear from the cliffs and chase you all the way past the falls, where another one decides to kill you. Perhaps it's my fault for not having anyone but Lin and that other one leveled? Of course it is.

SLIDING SLINGER!

I remember one small narrow passage way in Oblivia with high level enemies. Unfortunately I didn't manage to record that (forgot to hit the record button), but I just grinded a bit of TP with Elma and then just used Shadowrunner and tried to run through it.

This game sometimes startles me. One example was when I was getting to FN Site 315. Fortunately, the enemies that came out of nowhere were not aggressive and the enemies that were aggressive could be easily avoided.

You think Oblivia's bad? Try running around Sylvalum.

I was only brave enough to swim to Sylvalum, test the Ramjet rifle and then get the hell out of there. :p

-Horizon-

I saved before this quest so I got to see both paths. Honestly, they both seem like a good fit for him. So for me, it came down to who do I feel the most sorry for;
the gentle, heartbroken prone woman
or
the strong, independent prone woman who don't need no man.

First one it is.

Xenoboy

Still not feeling the Murderess after her second mission. One more of hers to go, after the game though -_-
I liked that the mission was tied to completely other missions.

El Odio

Banned
Man, I miss being able to jump with a skell after getting the flight module. It was such a fun way to traverse and "sneak" past enemies without having to manually float back down.
or interrupt the music for 3 damn seconds.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
140 hours in and I still haven't unlocked the ability to create Potential Up augments. It's all question marks for me. Which quest or treasure unlocks this?

Man, I miss being able to jump with a skell after getting the flight module. It was such a fun way to traverse and "sneak" past enemies without having to manually float back down.
or interrupt the music for 3 damn seconds.

Why traverse when you can fly directly to your destination?

lol j/k

Omzz

140 hours in and I still haven't unlocked the ability to create Potential Up augments. It's all question marks for me. Which quest or treasure unlocks this?
i believe distilled sap unlocks it. Collect them from the slyooths

Branson

I know I'm probably the only person that's had problems with this fight but I can't beat that blue chick in chapter 4. I'm level 15 and I've spent about an hour trying to beat her. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I don't know how to heal my party members when they scream heal me. God this is frustrating. I hate this about RPGs sometimes.

Dineren

Banned
I know I'm probably the only person that's had problems with this fight but I can't beat that blue chick in chapter 4. I'm level 15 and I've spent about an hour trying to beat her. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I don't know how to heal my party members when they scream heal me. God this is frustrating. I hate this about RPGs sometimes.

Have you leveled up your arts and skills? This was the fight I finally had to do that on. Also make sure to check that you are using the best equipment you have in your inventory.

Also make sure you hit R+Dpad Up to tell your party members to focus on one enemy.

I remember one small narrow passage way in Oblivia with high level enemies. Unfortunately I didn't manage to record that (forgot to hit the record button), but I just grinded a bit of TP with Elma and then just used Shadowrunner and tried to run through it.

This game sometimes startles me. One example was when I was getting to FN Site 315. Fortunately, the enemies that came out of nowhere were not aggressive and the enemies that were aggressive could be easily avoided.

I was only brave enough to swim to Sylvalum, test the Ramjet rifle and then get the hell out of there. :p

I hate that particular area quite a bit, specifically. There's a mission in there, and I've yet to be able to complete it.

Those giant spiders don't like Skells, and I can't survive fights with the little hidden plant enemies.
I need to level up, only ~35 right now between levels 6 and 7. I'm hoping to play quite a bit this weekend.

Branson

Have you leveled up your arts and skills? This was the fight I finally had to do that on. Also make sure to check that you are using the best equipment you have in your inventory.

Also make sure you hit R+Dpad Up to tell your party members to focus on one enemy.
Yeah everyone's equipped with the best they can be and I've been leveling up my Arts.

Lunar15

This game really gonna make me schmooze gwin in order to unlock chapter 11?

Just want to beat the game, not take this dumb sap to lunch. It's like my mom telling me to spend time with my cousin or something.

WarAdept

This game really gonna make me schmooze gwin in order to unlock chapter 11?

Just want to beat the game, not take this dumb sap to lunch. It's like my mom telling me to spend time with my cousin or something.

Luckily I like Gwin (in battle anyways). He seems to be one of the more reliable melee party members available. I find that the AI doesn't do a good job with positional classes (Elma/Phog's Full Metal Jaguar/Winged Viper classes), but Gwin can happily spam away with only one attack really needing to be behind the enemy (granted it's super important for damage, but his DEF down debuff is good enough!).

Top Bottom