• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Dineren

Banned
Yeah everyone's equipped with the best they can be and I've been leveling up my Arts.

Are you responding to your party's soul arts? When they call out for healing, melee, range, etc the icons on your bar that correspond to their request will flash, make sure you hit those to heal your party members. Also make sure to hit b when the QTE pops up. That will heal them and you.

If you're doing all that, then I'm not really sure what to tell you. If you lose three times in a row it will give you the option to reduce their level by 5 and you don't get penalized so there is no shame in doing that.

Timeaisis

Alright, I'm about to start Chapter 11.

I've heard mixed things on what level I should be at. For what it's worth, I beat Chapter 10 at like level 40.

I'm currently at level 43-ish with my main characters, all with lvl 30 Skells. I've heard anywhere from 45 to 50 for the start of Chapter 11, but I'm getting sick of grinding.

Thoughts on what level to be at the start of 11? How tough is it?

Alright, I'm about to start Chapter 11.

I've heard mixed things on what level I should be at. For what it's worth, I beat Chapter 10 at like level 40.

I'm currently at level 43-ish with my main characters, all with lvl 30 Skells. I've heard anywhere from 45 to 50 for the start of Chapter 11, but I'm getting sick of grinding.

Thoughts on what level to be at the start of 11? How tough is it?

I beat it with level 30 Skells.

Malus

Man, you guys are making Gwin out to be the Luigi of this game. Nobody seems to like him.

Gwin wishes he could be luigi.

dorian caravan normal quest spoilers
Black Lifehold quest, I was expecting Henahena to be fat or ugly or something...not for her to punt her boyfriend into space.

WarAdept

Man, you guys are making Gwin out to be the Luigi of this game. Nobody seems to like him.

I like him! The only character I hate so far is Boze. Bloody space racist. Granted, I'm only at Chapter 5, so I think there's plenty more characters for me to potentially love/hate.

Alrus

Yeah everyone's equipped with the best they can be and I've been leveling up my Arts.

Are you sure the armor you're wearing isn't weak to electricity? (I'm not sure that's thing at this point in the game but who knows). Fight shouldn't been too hard at lvl 15.

Make sure you kill her goons first (the fight starts with her being targeted), make sure to respond to soul voices and try to succeed your QTE prompts as much as you can.

El Odio

Banned
I like him! The only character I hate so far is Boze. Bloody space racist. Granted, I'm only at Chapter 5, so I think there's plenty more characters for me to potentially love/hate.
Ditto. Though fir as much as I dislike the Murderess and Boze after their recruitment mission I kind of like how they put in a few party members who aren't the greatest of people when compared to the other choices.
Fuck Hope and her bland saint personality though.

110 hours in, level 60, all classes maxed, blade rank 10. Teleporting to random locations and walking around picking up the blue thingies, murdering the wildlife and trying to beat tyrants that are way too strong for me is quite addictive so I'll probably keep doing this until I have enough money for my third level 50 skell and then start chapter 7 or 8, I don't remember which one is next. Or what the story is about tbh. Maybe I'll just focus on on-foot combat for a while though. Having no sense of direction at all, combined with playing on the gamepad (so not using the map too often) helps keeping the game interesting too :)

Is the post-game BP grinding quest available if you're fully offline? Or is it some online-only thing? I've spent quite a few points on arts/skills so I think I have to be economical if I want to be able to upgrade all the worthwhile arts and skills I haven't yet, but it doesn't matter if I can just do it post-game.

Branson

Are you responding to your party's soul arts? When they call out for healing, melee, range, etc the icons on your bar that correspond to their request will flash, make sure you hit those to heal your party members. Also make sure to hit b when the QTE pops up. That will heal them and you.

If you're doing all that, then I'm not really sure what to tell you. If you lose three times in a row it will give you the option to reduce their level by 5 and you don't get penalized so there is no shame in doing that.

I was kind of rushed for time so I'll try once I get back from the movie I'm going to. I probably was trying to rush through it.

Are you sure the armor you're wearing isn't weak to electricity? (I'm not sure that's thing at this point in the game but who knows). Fight shouldn't been too hard at lvl 15.

Make sure you kill her goons first (the fight starts with her being targeted), make sure to respond to soul voices and try to succeed your QTE prompts as much as you can.

I tried getting the goons first but as soon as we turned our attention on her we would get bodied pretty bad. I'll look and see about the electricity. I honestly haven't payed attention to that really at this point.

There aren't any characters I actively dislike. I'm usually able to find something to like about them. Even a character that is bland to most, works for me on some level. Not to say I never dislike a character, just that I think I have a few very specific chords that need to be struck if I'm to hate them. So Gwin's fine, but it did not work out for him that he was a Samurai Gunner at the same time I was.

-shadow-

Say anyone noticed this? It's near FN site 110. I have no idea if it's meant to say anything.

img_20160108_004338mwsvg.jpg

Sorry for the photo taken from TV. My WiiU isn't connected atm.

WarAdept

Running around, happily slaughtering Indigens in Oblivia, then BAM.

Ginormous fuck off LV60 sandworm appears under my feet and Uncontrollable starts blasting through my speakers.

I smiled as my party fell, because it reminded me so much of Gaur Plains and Territorial Rotbart.

There aren't any characters I actively dislike. I'm usually able to find something to like about them. Even a character that is bland to most, works for me on some level. Not to say I never dislike a character, just that I think I have a few very specific chords that need to be struck if I'm to hate them. So Gwin's fine, but it did not work out for him that he was a Samurai Gunner at the same time I was.

Honestly I find every single character I've encountered so far either boring or just plain grating. I've really not cared for any of their backstories either. It's a bit weird for me since I typically love the stories in JRPG's and can't wait for the next twist, whereas with this I've unintentionally started blanking out in the last few quests and even missed the setup to chapter 7. I'm halfway through but it feels like the story is just going nowhere so far.

Despite that I really like the game itself and love the exploration but the story and characters aren't contributing anything to the game for me and there are a large number of characters I'd rather not have to deal with again, including whole races due to the voices.
That sounds so awful I felt bad typing it

That said I don't remember caring much for characters or story in the last game either and I loved the game overall so I'll probably end up very happy with this game by the end too. Random enemies in the wild have wowed me way more than any story aspect.

-Horizon-

What's a good level range for going into chapter 10?

Say anyone noticed this? It's near FN site 110. I have no idea if it's meant to say anything.

img_20160108_004338mwsvg.jpg

Sorry for the photo taken from TV. My WiiU isn't connected atm.

whoa, wtf is that

I should pay more attention when I fly

HeroR

Boze personally reminds me one of my teachers from my martial arts class, except for the racist part. So I have a soft spot for him and hope he can overcome his current short coming. I like Gwin, especially in the cat quest and how is Irine's punching bag. And really, this is the only site I have seen that have so much hate towards Hope. Especially given the reason why she tries to act kind to everyone and her Affinity mission is outright tragic. She reminds me of Colette from Tales of Symphonia. But if you hate that archetype, there isn't much the game can do to redeem the character. This site in particular seems to have a love for antiheroes and jerks given how popular HB and Murderous are here.

Josh378

Haha, just started the game. I am killing off Giant pigs right now. I got bored and I Jumped off the cliff and decided to fight the high level monsters (lvl 5/6). I got lucky and killed one lvl 5 monster that my AI partner helped me kill while I was dead. Decided to try it again and got PWNED hard. My problem is that I don't have access to my main menu so I can equip weapons and armor I found. I really just want to farm for a bit before entering town. Im already fallen in love with the game already.

I Just want to see my stats :(

HeroR

Please tell me theres a faster way to level up than just doing the fetch quests, i cant do another 10 hours of it just to get to mission 12.

Take your Skell and take down the highest level monster you can several times. I did this while testing out the limits to my Skell. Went from lv 35 to 45 without trying.

Alrus

Please tell me theres a faster way to level up than just doing the fetch quests, i cant do another 10 hours of it just to get to mission 12.

Quests are one of the worst way to level up in this game. Just to do a "fast lvl up" search on youtube/google and you'll find a bunch of advice for grinding up.

I took 3-4 level 30 skells and grinded at the Ganglion fort on the east side of Oblivion. If you go down below the fortress the water, there's not very many so you can take them one at a time. Make sure your skells have G-busters so you can take them out quick enough.

1. Have at least one or two lv. 30 skells with G-Buster equipped
2. Fast travel to the eastern most data probe in Oblivia near the Ganglion fortress
3. 2-shot the lv. 56 enemy mechs with G-Buster
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed

You're welcome. ;)

-Horizon-

Haha, just started the game. I am killing off Giant pigs right now. I got bored and I Jumped off the cliff and decided to fight the high level monsters (lvl 5/6). I got lucky and killed one lvl 5 monster that my AI partner helped me kill while I was dead. Decided to try it again and got PWNED hard. My problem is that I don't have access to my main menu so I can equip weapons and armor I found. I really just want to farm for a bit before entering town. Im already fallen in love with the game already.

I Just want to see my stats :(
Just go to the city already lol

as in, the highest level requirement for any mission the game requires is level 41, it's probably doable if you really wanted to as well :p

(it would be interesting to see a minimum level run for this game)
1. Have at least one or two lv. 30 skells with G-Buster equipped
2. Fast travel to the eastern most data probe in Oblivia near the Ganglion fortress
3. 2-shot the lv. 56 enemy mechs with G-Buster
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed

You're welcome. ;)
lol why are those Ganglion mechs so weak

random25

Boze personally reminds me one of my teachers from my martial arts class, except for the racist part. So I have a soft spot for him and hope he can overcome his current short coming. I like Gwin, especially in the cat quest and how is Irine's punching bag. And really, this is the only site I have seen that have so much hate towards Hope. Especially given the reason why she tries to act kind to everyone and her Affinity mission is outright tragic. She reminds me of Colette from Tales of Symphonia. But if you hate that archetype, there isn't much the game can do to redeem the character. This site in particular seems to have a love for antiheroes and jerks given how popular HB and Murderous are here.

H.B. is just a jerk at the beginning. But he's really a good guy. And everything he does is superior lol.

I think Murderess isn't really that popular here. I can say more are into Mia. I feel for Hope too with her tragic story.

Top Bottom