• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

HB is that bratty kid that excels at everything and thinks it means he knows better than everybody at first, then he learns better in his second affinity mission and takes a more genuine interest in improving things for people.

He's so over the top it just becomes funny. Good voice work, too.

H.B. is just a jerk at the beginning. But he's really a good guy. And everything he does is superior lol.

I think Murderess isn't really that popular here. I can say more are into Mia. I feel for Hope too with her tragic story.

Wait. People don't like The Murderess?

Fuck you all, I'm going to Mira.

B_Bech

H.B. is just a jerk at the beginning. But he's really a good guy. And everything he does is superior lol.

I think Murderess isn't really that popular here. I can say more are into Mia. I feel for Hope too with her tragic story.

HB is superior bae, all truth there. His arc seemed genuinely cool and all of his lines are superbly written and comical. Gwin seems like a jobber until you do his story quests... at least in my opinion. Grew to respect the guy. Each party member has their share of issues and motivations that made me grow to like them in the end. Boze may seem like an ass, but hey if my planet just got wiped out by aliens I'd sure as hell harbor some prejudices.

Personally I couldn't stand L or Lin simply due to the writer's instance in taking a bad joke and manage to insert it into virtually any conversation. L's inability to speak proper English is a gaping plot hole... and I think I speak for everyone when I say the Tatsu- food bit was overdone. (Yes, food joke) It's a shame too, because I think due to this Tatsu gets unwarranted hate. His character is essentially Riki 2.0 with his self absorbed delusions and is generally comical. It's all ruined by Lin's constant bullying though, causing him to become an insufferable spaz. The game incorporates a Lin-Tatsu food gag as a running series to all story missions for Christ's sake.

HeroR

HB is superior bae, all truth there. His arc seemed genuinely cool and all of his lines are superbly written and comical. Gwin seems like a jobber until you do his story quests... at least in my opinion. Grew to respect the guy. Each party member has their share of issues and motivations that made me grow to like them in the end. Boze may seem like an ass, but hey if my planet just got wiped out by aliens I'd sure as hell harbor some prejudices.

Personally I couldn't stand L or Lin simply due to the writer's instance in taking a bad joke and manage to insert it into virtually any conversation. L's inability to speak proper English is a gaping plot hole... and I think I speak for everyone when I say the Tatsu- food bit was overdone. (Yes, food joke) It's a shame too, because I think due to this Tatsu gets unwarranted hate. His character is essentially Riki 2.0 with his self absorbed delusions and is generally comical. It's all ruined by Lin's constant bullying though, causing him to become an insufferable spaz. The game incorporates a Lin-Tatsu food gag as a running series to all story missions for Christ's sake.

L inability to speak properly isn't a plot hole.
He is the only one trying to speak the language of the humans while everyone else is having their words translated by the planet.

rhandino

Banned
Finished Chapter 10... that boss was INTENSE even when only my character was overleveled but I also had the rest of the team in Lvl. 30 Skells.

It was striking to say the least.

This game really gonna make me schmooze gwin in order to unlock chapter 11?

Just want to beat the game, not take this dumb sap to lunch. It's like my mom telling me to spend time with my cousin or something.
Gwin is awesome though! I looked at the requirements and and then I saw that I have Gwin with 4 full hearts.

But I do wonder why him of all the team members and not Doug who I noticed is more liked =/

Luckily, running away from things with a skell is pretty easy, even those fucking Xe-doms.

unless you meet up with an ass-cave that stuns and freezes you in mid flight

all I heard was "I can't move" and all other skills went red and then Xs I survived
Cauldros can turn on you fast

rhandino

Banned
pls, Elma is obviously the best
no lies detected

b0lUF6N.gif

She is such a pro in all her affinty missions and her Heart-to-Hearts show that she is a car enthusiast and has a good sense of humour.

random25

Nah, L is cool. He is just straight up hilarious especially during battles. I add him in my team just for the laughs.

And Lin is cool too even with the overused food jokes. She's more endearing than annoying for a kid character.

black_clavus

Neo Member
I should grind affinity for more character, but Ares90 just around the corner.

Wish there's more Gwin&Irina moment. I actually like them.

Boze personally reminds me one of my teachers from my martial arts class, except for the racist part. So I have a soft spot for him and hope he can overcome his current short coming. I like Gwin, especially in the cat quest and how is Irine's punching bag. And really, this is the only site I have seen that have so much hate towards Hope. Especially given the reason why she tries to act kind to everyone and her Affinity mission is outright tragic. She reminds me of Colette from Tales of Symphonia. But if you hate that archetype, there isn't much the game can do to redeem the character. This site in particular seems to have a love for antiheroes and jerks given how popular HB and Murderous are here.

If you haven't finished his quests yet then I believe you will come to appreciate Bozé. Like you, I have a soft spot for him, since he seemed to be very friendly to you in contrast to xenoforms. Bozé is like a friend or relative who you know deep down is a decent person, but just needs to get over some hang-ups. His love for eastern culture is also pretty adorable to me for some reason.

I can relate to Hope due to my experience with this game. I always try to be polite and merciful when given the opportunity (unless a joke is just too good to pass up), but this game has punished me for kindness! It's like I can't completely trust my fellow humans
Celeste Three
. My kindness had gotten characters killed, R.I.P
Carl and Ajoa
. So I could definitely see Hope's point of view (I'm also a Mediator, so that might be a part of it).

random25

This should be a banned response :(

Mira is real

You are living in a lie. We all are, actually.

I should grind affinity for more character, but Ares90 just around the corner.

Wish there's more Gwin&Irina moment. I actually like them.

I feel like Gwin and Irina lacked affinity quests as compared to other characters. They should have gotten something similar to what Phog and Frye got for their final affinity quest.

B_Bech

Nah, L is cool. He is just straight up hilarious especially during battles. I add him in my team just for the laughs.

And Lin is cool too even with the overused food jokes. She's more endearing than annoying for a kid character.

Well truth be told, I actually like L and I think his character is hiding something big for the sequel. If his poor English is his way of fucking with us, that definately redeems the character. He's legitimately funny, but it was hard for me to ignore that plot hole. Lin is endearing by herself... but I can't give the Tatsu food nonsense a pass. It's too much.

black_clavus

Neo Member
You all better start talking about
__ Mia __

We need more peps to join fans club lol

I feel like Gwin and Irina lacked affinity quests as compared to other characters. They should have gotten something similar to what Phog and Frye got for their final affinity quest.

I still not done with their affinity quest but, Frye
refusing to join party if there is a Phog are hilarious

I'm actually playing to balance the levels of the other party members
but I'm considering giving Elma permanent party access

anyway it's a good thing localization gave Lin a much better voice, otherwise everyone would get sick of her halfway through the game lol

HeroR

Well truth be told, I actually like L and I think his character is hiding something big for the sequel. If his poor English is his way of fucking with us, that definately redeems the character. He's legitimately funny, but it was hard for me to ignore that plot hole. Lin is endearing by herself... but I can't give the Tatsu food nonsense a pass. It's too much.

But it isn't a plot hole like I pointed out. Also, plot hole is one of the most misused terms on the internet.

rhandino

Banned
So far the best larty members are Elma, Lin, Doug, YELV, H.B. and the duo of Phog and Frye. L is also cool because his lines in combat are hilarious and I do like to make teamwork with Irina and Gwin since they complement each other very well with my character but I tendo tonuse the other characters a bit more.

I do need to explore more Alexa, Celica and Hope because I dont care about them enough rn tbh.

For the next game they better [ p r o v i d e ] Wrothian, Nopon,
Orphean
and
Prone
party members and the
Orphean
better have a class inspireD by the
Luminoths of Metroid Prime II.

Golnei

I like both Gwin and Luigi. The only party members I actively dislike are Boze and Hope. Boze's a jackass, and Hope's a character archetype I can't stand.

Hope could have been done well, but she's so irritating in practice. Her whole performance is a disaster - the tone they went for resulted in something that sounds like it'd end up on a 'worst PS1 voice acting' compilation. Still, I'd rather have her and Boze in my party than Gwin.

Have we done a full party member ranking thing yet?

anyway it's a good thing localization gave Lin a much better voice, otherwise everyone would get sick of her halfway through the game lol

It's a good thing they insisted on shoving the Tatsu joke into every single one of her lines, that way everyone would get sick of her regardless of how well her VA did.

Gutter trash confirmed.

As if that wasn't obvious from the start.

How do I grind affinity quickly? Taking forever.

I also love how in the post game,
NPCs acknowledge that the war is over but theres still work to be done. Like people move on, things move forward.

For me, top 4 waifus are Elma>Mia>Murderess>Alexa. I like HB for his dialogue.

Fixed

random25

The trio of MC, Elma and Lin, even if it's the default one, plus any character is my best team in terms of my playstyle. Elma complements melee-style players so well with her soul voices focus more on melee arts.

A team of psycorruptors is also great especially when you are fighting larger, more powerful monsters on-foot. Pad them with arts that cause sleep plus skills that prevent waking up in auto-attacks and arts and you'll be fighting a monster that won't fight back.

-Horizon-

Just finished chapter 10

Took me 2 tries

My team of myself, Elma, Lin, and Alexa

Elma, Lin, and I were level 44, 44, and 45. Alexa was 36 I think.

Everyone had mechs.

My first try, I used the Inferno (or whatever its called I just bought the thing and wanted to try it out, its got a fat butt lol).

Elma and Alexa had medium mechs. Lin had a heavy.

Anyway, first try I couldn't get past the first phase. I pretty much got all the mechs wrecked and then had to wait it out on the ground for it to kill me. That took too long so I just reset the game lol.

Second try went much better. Before I started I switched out the inferno and got my bunny mech back. Gave Elma a new heavy which was originally Nagi's.

First phase, took care of the fodder enemy and took care of those disc things. Only lost Alexa's mech. Second phase. Oh boy. I went into it with myself having full mech HP but Elma's and Lin's in the red and Alexa on foot lol. Had to rely on soul voices and those random QTE's for whatever paltry heals it gives. Typing this, I should go and customize those soul voices for my party. I have not touched it at all.

Anyway, by the end I was the only one left with a mech and everyone else on foot except for Alexa RIP in peace lol

Pretty much this chapter felt like "do you know how to use and abuse Overdrive?" just like how chapter 9 felt like "do you understand how to use the team command list?".

Because maintaining Overdrive through 1/2 of that giant enemy HP bar was pretty much the only reason I won. Overdrive and trying to trigger the cockpit view so that cool times would refresh.

WVW69iwvX7gYEVXgUf

Yay for normal missions recycling once you finish most of them.\

Got another Dressy Suit. So now I got 5 chars with the Suit/Scouter combo.

Gonna try to get suits/scouters for everyone

L's poor english is because unlike the other aliens, he's actually speaking english and not nopon or manon or whatever. He specifically adresses that he himself is speaking english in a heart to heart

140 hours in and I still haven't unlocked the ability to create Potential Up augments. It's all question marks for me. Which quest or treasure unlocks this?

I was confused by this for a while to, because I don't think it's ever really explained.

You can make any augment at the very beginning of the game, you just need to have one of the first ingredient to make it show up.

Top Bottom