• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

The alternate answer to the chapter 10 story mission is "build an OP ground setup and wreck it" because that's how I did it. XD

Charged a giant warship with my photon saber and cut it out of the sky like a man. It looked especially epic because it fired the missile things and I just ran right past them.

Speaking of photon sabers, it's annoying that there is no resource online with a full weapon list. I hit 60 today and I want to make sure the saber I'm using right now is the strongest one I can find for my build. I went electric because the Six Stars katana lightsabers are cool as fuck, currently using the Ultra Phenomenon Lightblade I got from that tyrant dude Joker.

Wow, I just realized that regardless of how far you are, as long as you're in open water you can see the glow of BLADE Tower in the distance. Even if you're on the other side of Cauldros it's a faint glow that can be seen.

edit: And high enough of course. If something is in the way it's covered.

-Horizon-

The alternate answer to the chapter 10 story mission is "build an OP ground setup and wreck it" because that's how I did it. XD

Charged a giant warship with my photon saber and cut it out of the sky like a man. It looked especially epic because it fired the missile things and I just ran right past them.

Speaking of photon sabers, it's annoying that there is no resource online with a full weapon list. I hit 60 today and I want to make sure the saber I'm using right now is the strongest one I can find for my build. I went electric because the Six Stars katana lightsabers are cool as fuck, currently using the Ultra Phenomenon Lightblade I got from that tyrant dude Joker.
My characters are such a slap dash of random arts and skills and ground gear >.<

And oh jeez fighting in the sky is disorienting lol

-Horizon-

Try fighting that thing in the sky when suddenly a spore storm breaks out >.<
On my first try while I was fighting it the cockpit view activated but after a few seconds I realized "am I getting farther away?" And then I realized it has knocked me back onto the ground lol

What class/gun type and melee weapon do you use? Might be able to help if you want some info on increasing your ground damage.
Using the assault rifle and long sword for duelist I think. Trying to max it out. And I'm just using whatever equipment is being sold for my level.

Golnei

I missed this piece of dialogue...

tumblr_o0m1z5jhDc1r8p95ao1_540.jpg

All the acknowledgements of the bikini armour kind of ring hollow when they don't offer much of an alternative.

giphy.gif

Using the assault rifle and long sword for duelist I think. Trying to max it out. And I'm just using whatever equipment is being sold for my level.

Okay, cool. If you're using a Physical-based Longsword, I believe you already get the Iron Knuckle from that branch which buffs physical attack. I also recommend Supreme Sword from Blast Fencer (massively buffs melee arts used one after the other in quick succession) and Mighty Muscle from Striker which you should also have already (flat melee damage increase).

If you use an Ether-based Longsword (like most Longsword people do at endgame because Ether skills + the Blossom Dance Art you get later is mega OP), you'll want Core Crusher from Psycorrupter (makes you unable to break appendages but buffs all Ether attacks by 150%), and Ether Boost from Blast Fencer (flat ether damage buff). Similarly, with Electric-based weapons you want Electric Boost from Partisan Eagle (flat electric damage buff), Conductive Strike from Astral Defender (300% damage buff on enemies inflicted with Shock). For Beam-based weapons you want Beam Boost from Blast Fencer (flat beam damage boost).

For weapon augments, Weapon Attack Plus is good but hard to come by. Melee Attack Plus is much easier to come by and will work well early on. For Ether, Beam or Electric builds you want that element's attack up as they are higher return than the Melee Attack Plus and better than most of the lowbie Weapon Attack Plus buffs (the high end versions are better though). You also want that element's Nullify Reflect augment to ensure nothing can bounce your attack back at you, and in the case of Electric you also want Melee: Shock to inflict Shock with melee attacks, activating the huge boost of Conductive Strike.

With that general stuff you should be able to figure out what works for your build and see an increase on your damage. Half the time I don't even use Skells because I can take something down much faster on foot.

Haunted

L inability to speak properly isn't a plot hole.
He is the only one trying to speak the language of the humans while everyone else is having their words translated by the planet.
How is he learning the language of humans when Mira automatically translates everything into a person's native language.

-Horizon-

Okay, cool. If you're using a Physical-based Longsword, I believe you already get the Iron Knuckle from that branch which buffs physical attack. I also recommend Supreme Sword from Blast Fencer (massively buffs melee arts used one after the other in quick succession) and Mighty Muscle from Striker which you should also have already (flat melee damage increase).

If you use an Ether-based Longsword (like most Longsword people do at endgame because Ether skills + the Blossom Dance Art you get later is mega OP), you'll want Core Crusher from Psycorrupter (makes you unable to break appendages but buffs all Ether attacks by 150%), and Ether Boost from Blast Fencer (flat ether damage buff). Similarly, with Electric-based weapons you want Electric Boost from Partisan Eagle (flat electric damage buff), Conductive Strike from Astral Defender (300% damage buff on enemies inflicted with Shock). For Beam-based weapons you want Beam Boost from Blast Fencer (flat beam damage boost).

For weapon augments, Weapon Attack Plus is good but hard to come by. Melee Attack Plus is much easier to come by and will work well early on. For Ether, Beam or Electric builds you want that element's attack up as they are higher return than the Melee Attack Plus and better than most of the lowbie Weapon Attack Plus buffs (the high end versions are better though). You also want that element's Nullify Reflect augment to ensure nothing can bounce your attack back at you, and in the case of Electric you also want Melee: Shock to inflict Shock with melee attacks, activating the huge boost of Conductive Strike.

With that general stuff you should be able to figure out what works for your build and see an increase on your damage. Half the time I don't even use Skells because I can take something down much faster on foot.
Seriously need to bookmark this post when I play tomorrow :0

El Odio

Banned
How is he learning the language of humans when Mira automatically translates everything into a person's native language.
He mentions having studied the Lifehold piece you try to recover in chapter 4. I think Elma later mentioned that it contained a lot of cultural stuff from Earth which explains why he's constantly dropping references to things on his dialogue.

Golnei

Eleanora best waifu

Bringing NPCs into it is a dangerous proposition - Ryyz, Goetia, the female Milsaadi, the Delfinians and most Wrothians all require serious consideration.

Maybe it's something that can be overcome with conscious effort - if you're accustomed enough to Mira, you'd probably be able to separate psychic translation from actual speech. Assuming he hasn't secretly been observing humanity since before they ever landed on Mira, it seems plausible enough that he could have learned English from the White Whale wreckage - the White Lifehold logs showing up as untranslated French and Japanese seems to suggest not all recordings are translated automatically.

Is there a convenient way to grind levels around lv25? I'm in need of 6 more levels to carry on with the story and I'm just not feeling the grind right now to be honest, at least at the rate it's going.

Falcs

Banned
Um What the fuck?? Did I just read a fucking spoiler??! ^^^
What the hell guys!!
Please tell me I didn't.

EulaCapra

I'm still wrapping my head around the game, but can someone tell me which Division Rewards are better than others? I'm seeing:

Supreme Bonus - Can be sold for a whopping 30,000 credits via the inventory.
Fuel Re-up - Restores 3,000 Fuel. Affects all party Skells in operation.
Frame Patch - Restores Skell Frame HP to maximum. Affects all party Skells in operation.
Mega Tensifier - Raises Tension by 3,000. affects all party members.
Salvage Ticket - Salvages a single Skell after its insurance has expired. Use it at the Skell Garage.

I was thinking of trying Mega Tensifier. Is it a permanent increase or a one-time use in battle?

Delstius

Is there a convenient way to grind levels around lv25? I'm in need of 6 more levels to carry on with the story and I'm just not feeling the grind right now to be honest, at least at the rate it's going.

You basically don't need to grind level, take your time. If you absolutely want to though, just farm some mob slightly higher lvl than you.

I'm still wrapping my head around the game, but can someone tell me which Division Rewards are better than others? I'm seeing:

Frame Patch - Restores Skell Frame HP to maximum. Affects all party Skells in operation.
Salvage Ticket - Salvages a single Skell after its insurance has expired. Use it at the Skell Garage.

I was thinking of trying Mega Tensifier. Is it a permanent increase or a one-time use in battle?

Frame Patch is the only item that was actually usefull for me.

Welp, after 39 hours and some change, I'm in the Skell club! Good for stomping and such. Now for the continuing grind, and less Sliding Slingers.

There will be more Sliding Slingers. Of this I am certain.

random25

You don't really need salvage tickets if you take care of not getting your skells rekt. Or if you have good timing with the B-prompt "insurance on insurance". Maybe you can get at least one just in case?

I always swap between Mega Tensifier and Frame Patch since those are usually the highest I can get. I never used one, but it can be handy later on. Mega Tensifier just fills every party member's tension by 3000, it does not increase Max TP capacity if that's what you are referring.

EulaCapra

You don't really need salvage tickets if you take care of not getting your skells rekt. Or if you have good timing with the B-prompt "insurance on insurance". Maybe you can get at least one just in case?

I always swap between Mega Tensifier and Frame Patch since those are usually the highest I can get. I never used one, but it can be handy later on. Mega Tensifier just fills every party member's tension by 3000, it does not increase Max TP capacity if that's what you are referring.
Ah thanks. I actually really didn't know whether TP would be maxed permanently or just refilled.

Supreme Bonus is so worthless lol, the worst part is I actually picked up one as my very first one cause I figured super earlygame it was worth a fair bit...even then not really

Vena

Supreme Bonus is so worthless lol, the worst part is I actually picked up one as my very first one cause I figured super earlygame it was worth a fair bit...even then not really

I found them useful early on when money wasn't completely useless or everything cost tens of millions.

Vena

idk by the time I started buying stuff from the shop I had more than enough money

Maybe I'm just stingy :p

Mostly just the Frame-30 Skell stuff was when I found them useful since they weren't completely useless but could help buy a thing or other.

Jackano

I tried quickly the time attack.
Can I farm materials from the boss here?

Because I played against Ryzz and only got another materials as a reward, but nothing like the regular drops. Was it just an instance where she dropped nothing? (can't play for the day here :/)

random25

Volkampf is at 270k in the West. Not bad.

It's still not enough to kill the nemesis. We need millions!

I tried quickly the time attack.
Can I farm materials from the boss here?

Because I played against Ryzz and only got another materials as a reward, but nothing like the regular drops. Was it just an instance where she dropped nothing? (can't play for the day here :/)

Yes, though I find it pretty difficult. Dunno if treasure sensor affects drops in time attacks.

What about started over files and multiple IDs on the same console?

more than canceled out by the number of people who either aren't connected or straight up haven't gotten there yet

think of it almost like trophy completion %, except instead of seeing the % we see the raw number

Vena

What about started over files and multiple IDs on the same console?

Fairly minor and off set by WiiU's not connected or Volkampfs not killed, as Japan would indicate by Volkampf undershooting the LTD. Japan has a ~15% disparity or so in favor of LTD > Volkampf, if I recall numbers right.

I thou h t they were already confirmed to be working on a sequel that'd go back to the originals design more?

Yes, Monolith is working on their next game, but there's no confirmation that such next game is a sequel to X.

There's going to be more Xenoblade, that's a certainty. A straight sequel to the story of X? I doubt it with the actual numbers. It will depend on how leggy the sales are in the west.

Top Bottom