• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Steejee

Just completed Chapter 11, probably going to finish Chapter 12 as soon as I'm able.

Man, this game is pretty damned dark. Reminds me a lot of Knights of Sidonia in a lot of ways - humorous slice of life moments interspersed with abject horror (though XCX has had nothing as visually/directly terrifying as that show). A lot more moments of Hope in XCX, especially with the friendly alliances with the Xenos that form.

Also takes me back to playing Tales of Symphonia - Symphonia was a game with a bright, colorful asthetic and bits of humor, but as I when I was about 2/3rds through I said to a roommate who was watching me play "If this game had a realistic art direction, it'd be one of the darkest, most depressing games I've ever played", he just said "Yup...".

eaise

Neo Member
There's two mountain near the flying path, one of the mountain is standable, engage him with your skell normal attack, then lure him by moving slowly to the top of that mountain.
That's how I fought him with my ground builds, and you can do it with melee build too.

I tried that once but couldn't quite get him close enough to the mountains. I'll try again now that I know it's possible. Thank you

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never really find affinity "grinding", since I always scramble around characters to do missions, and do the mission board missions

Remember that running in and out of the Cauldros Waters is faster than "Return to Skell" for changing the weather :p

Around what area is considered Cauldros Waters tho

eaise

Neo Member
So since I'm having problems getting
Telethia to land
I decided to fight
Nardacyon the Shadowless
instead.
But apparently he has a move that can damage me even when I'm reflecting everything. Anyone know what it is? And how I can avoid it?

So since I'm having problems getting
Telethia to land
I decided to fight
Nardacyon the Shadowless
instead.
But apparently he has a move that can damage me even when I'm reflecting everything. Anyone know what it is? And how I can avoid it?

Spike damage or his own reflect? Not sure since I can't even get anything to hit him in the first place lol.

I almost shat my pants when L's final affinity mission takes you to
fight Telethia the Endbringer

Now go to the small island west of Sylvalum! Shoot that giant! Lol

I'm almost scared of what I will find there but I will make sure to check it out next time I boot the game up. :p

I think the last thing to do for someone who feels "done" with the game after getting an Ares 90 and isn't interested in grinding more or filling out percentages is to look up the strong/unique lvl 70+ tyrants and fucking wreck them.

Feels good to end the game on a power trip and seeing some more impressive enemies.

Well, I will get as close as I can to 100% as I can without grinding for augments. Which probably just means I won't do the superbosses.

eaise

Neo Member
Spike damage or his own reflect? Not sure since I can't even get anything to hit him in the first place lol.

I think reflect blocks spike damage. So guess he has a reflect too. Guess I'll work on building a nullify reflect aug

My accuracy is decently high (304 melee and 258 ranged) and I still miss about 1/3 or more of the time

Gambit

Arrived in chapter 9 and am enjoying myself again.

Getting the flight upgrade next, I hope.

Which Lvl 50 Skell should I buy?

I think I can only afford one right now for my main character.

eaise

Neo Member
Unfortunately it was not a reflect that was killing me. Think he must have an attack similar to
the Everqueen
that can't be reflected unless your resistance is incredibly high

EDIT: nevermind I just didn't have reflect thermal equipped this time...oops. try this again

EDIT 2: Even with all reflects equipped and nullify reflect he's still killing me. Hopefully someone can tell me why because I'm out of ideas

chadboban

Well haven't posted screens in a while so here's a dump of some I've posted in the console screenshot thread. Just finished chapter 8 and I'm loving this game.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01weoxe.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uhpyl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yrokm.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0185ow1.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01trxt4.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bhpx2.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_016zp85.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01o1ovr.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01swo5h.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jtpfs.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sppef.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01stqws.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So what armor class do those psycorrupters fit? I know light = DPS/evasion while heavy = Tank/control

So what armor class do those psycorrupters fit? I know light = DPS/evasion while heavy = Tank/control

As far as I can tell the only difference between heavy and light armor is that heavy armor has more physical defense at the cost of making your gravity resist really crappy. Unless I'm mistaken only augments will affect Evasion.

Steejee

Light armor allows for more upgrades per piece than heavy, so it's rather much a balancing act.

At least where I am (late 40s), I usually just go heavy as I don't have a big need to upgrade all the gear I'm wearing and typically am short on materials to do so anyways.

At the beginning I actually bothered to manually equip everything.

Now for ground gear it's just "screw it, 'Equip Strongest Gear' it is", then again it really doesn't matter that much when 90% of my combat right now is in skells.

Steejee

At the beginning I actually bothered to manually equip everything.

Now for ground gear it's just "screw it, 'Equip Strongest Gear' it is", then again it really doesn't matter that much when 90% of my combat right now is in skells.

I do that initially, then go back in and look for stuff that can greatly increase damage. The 'Strongest' thing seems to favor some stats more than others.

I also only look at party member's gear like every 10 levels, so not much time required. I *was* spending most of my time in Skells, but with Flight and Cauldros I've been burning fuel like a madman and have been trying to spend more time on foot. Plus spending time on foot makes the times I take the Skells out seem all the more sweet.

Anyone got a reliable list of probe locations/quests? The only resource I can find is an extremely vague post on Gamefaqs which is comprised of the JPN character names and largely incorrect info. I'm tempted to go for the superbosses since that's usually my favorite thing but fumbling my way through the mess of info a google search brings up is pushing me closer to dropping the game instead.

I got most of it done last night but there's a bunch of quests tied to the bug like race in particular that no amount of google-fu is helping with. I've seen like 10 different requirements listed and filled them all but now the quest giver still won't show and I have no idea what he's supposed to be called in the translated version either. I can't help but feel the mission/requirements design is partly responsible here since I've played entire JPN games with no translation and never had so much trouble finding reliable info.

Unfortunately it was not a reflect that was killing me. Think he must have an attack similar to
the Everqueen
that can't be reflected unless your resistance is incredibly high

EDIT: nevermind I just didn't have reflect thermal equipped this time...oops. try this again

EDIT 2: Even with all reflects equipped and nullify reflect he's still killing me. Hopefully someone can tell me why because I'm out of ideas

For
Nardecyon
- Accuracy must be 500+
- Beam resistance 130+
- resist launch (optional)
- Reflect augs: Thermal, Beam, Physical (Electric with raijin)
- extend overdrive (optional for long battle)

That's all

eaise

Neo Member
For
Nardecyon
- Accuracy must be 500+
- Beam resistance 130+
- resist launch (optional)
- Reflect augs: Thermal, Beam, Physical (Electric with raijin)
- extend overdrive (optional for long battle)

That's all

You have been so helpful answering all my questions. Thank you so much!

Kindekuma

Banned
Well, just downloaded 15GB of the data packs since my Y adapter for a HD arrived. 1 and a half hours to download, 40 minutes to install. Can't wait to see the improvements.

You have been so helpful answering all my questions. Thank you so much!

That's the OT for lol
By the way, just few tips:
- Try to attack
Nahum
with your skell until
Nardecyon
appear. I think she has one physical (or beam) attack that need a very high resistance which is going to kill you if you're not in overdrive.
-If you only have like 500-525 accuracy, the last phase (at 25% HP) would take a bit longer since you're going to rely on the damage reflection. It won't be a problem if you can burst out lot of damage and kill her before that.
- And please, stay close to the middle of the island if you don't have resist launch! :)

I messed up The Art of War quest. :[

I make it a habit to save before every conversation in case there was a choice prompt, but in this case, the action I did before saving determined the outcome. Ugh, it's the only quest I "messed up".

Malus

I make it a habit to save before every conversation in case there was a choice prompt, but in this case, the action I did before saving determined the outcome. Ugh, it's the only quest I "messed up".

Yeah me too lol.

Anyways, I guess I'm going to fight The Endbringer. (Normal mission spoilers)
Just got to the A Fateful Choice mission. No way I'm not taking that challenge.

Let the grinding begin!

So I just finished the last affinity missions and have an 85% survey rate overall. I have over 90% in each individual NLA district and can't find the remaining normal missions and/or affinity shifts (also got all the social missions off the job board). I also completed every heart-to-heart for all of the non-DLC party members so those segments are accounted for.

Does anyone know a place that lists all of the missions, affinity shifts, and their prerequisites? There aren't any more normal missions popping up for me when I check each of the districts.

Renewed

I remember another quest like that where
instead you have to eliminate just the leader to save some allies who are under control.

I had a bout of bloodlust there....

Yeah me too lol.

Anyways, I guess I'm going to fight The Endbringer. (Normal mission spoilers)
Just got to the A Fateful Choice mission. No way I'm not taking that challenge.

Let the grinding begin!

for that fight you only have to take 5% of its HP, idk maybe you can just burst down that 500k or so HP real quick and save yourself the grinding for now :p

Malus

So I just finished the last affinity missions and have an 85% survey rate overall. I have over 90% in each individual NLA district and can't find the remaining normal missions and/or affinity shifts (also got all the social missions off the job board). I also completed every heart-to-heart for all of the non-DLC party members so those segments are accounted for.

Does anyone know a place that lists all of the missions, affinity shifts, and their prerequisites? There aren't any more normal missions popping up for me when I check each of the districts.

Where are the normal mission quest markers you have left on the map? We should be able to at least give you the names of the missions if not the clients. Have just been tracking down the last few myself.

Just did some Global Nemesis runs today. Even though I kept getting game over the group I was with were at least breaking parts and I could keep Overdrive going for a little while before the Nemesis starts doing new attacks.

Even though it needs quite a few augments and gear farming, I'm pretty happy with my build.

for that fight you only have to take 5% of its HP, idk maybe you can just burst down that 500k or so HP real quick and save yourself the grinding for now :p

It also nerfs its damage to negligible amounts so you can't get one shotted by it.

I just told my nephew that is going through the game best of luck fighting the level 99 monster though, just to scare him.

Renewed

It also nerfs its damage to negligible amounts so you can't get one shotted by it.

I just told my nephew that is going through the game best of luck fighting the level 99 monster though, just to scare him.

Are you sure?
I think you're talking about L's affinity mission. The normal mission had me actually kill it.

eaise

Neo Member
That's the OT for lol
By the way, just few tips:
- Try to attack
Nahum
with your skell until
Nardecyon
appear. I think she has one physical (or beam) attack that need a very high resistance which is going to kill you if you're not in overdrive.
-If you only have like 500-525 accuracy, the last phase (at 25% HP) would take a bit longer since you're going to rely on the damage reflection. It won't be a problem if you can burst out lot of damage and kill her before that.
- And please, stay close to the middle of the island if you don't have resist launch! :)

-I use Nahum to build up my overdrive count. So I'm always in overdrive when fighting him (does overdrive boost your resistances? I'm confused as to why that makes a difference)
- I'm gonna need a lot more accuracy...
- getting knocked off the rock mid fight would be dreadful. Staying near the middle for sure

Thanks for the tips. Got to get more resistance and accuracy then I'm going back at him

Where are the normal mission quest markers you have left on the map? We should be able to at least give you the names of the missions if not the clients. Have just been tracking down the last few myself.

I don't have any left in NLA, just empty hexagons. The quest marker locations outside the city are the following:
Primordia - Talon Rock Second Terrace
Noctilum - One hexagon northeast of FN Site 201 around Divine Roost
Sylvalum - One hexagon northeast of South Ciel Sandsea (by the lake)
Sylvalum - Delusians North Summit
Sylvalum - North Silent Sandsea
Sylvalum - One hexagon southeast of Cauldros Threshold
Cauldros - Ruined City of O'rrh Sim
Cauldros - One hexagon north of Emerian Battlegrounds

Malus

I don't have any left in NLA, just empty hexagons. The quest marker locations outside the city are the following:
Primordia - Talon Rock Second Terrace
Noctilum - One hexagon northeast of FN Site 201 around Divine Roost
Sylvalum - One hexagon northeast of South Ciel Sandsea (by the lake)
Sylvalum - Delusians North Summit
Sylvalum - North Silent Sandsea
Sylvalum - One hexagon southeast of Cauldros Threshold
Cauldros - Ruined City of O'rrh Sim
Cauldros - One Hexagon north of Emerian Battlegrounds

The one in Cauldros Threshold should be given by a
Wrothian in their base. He's at the very back of the stronghold, might've missed him because of popin lol. Don't know if it's time of day restricted. It's called "Leaving the Nest.

The one in Delusians North Summit is
Part 3 of a quest called The Duel. Starts at Obliva, on the Ruins on the Sandbank warp point with a Wrothian named Gi Zang.

The one in North Silent Sandsea is called
"Special Delivery"
, dunno how it starts but you should be able to look it up somewhere

The one in Divine Roost is called
A Fateful Choice, it starts near the cathedral and you might need to do parts of The Duel first I think, could be wrong about that.

The one above Emerian Battlegounds (NE of site 503?) is called
"The Bodyguard"

The one in Cauldros Threshold should be given by a
Wrothian in their base. He's at the very back of the stronghold, might've missed him because of popin lol. Don't know if it's time of day restricted. It's called "Leaving the Nest.

The one in Delusians North Summit is
Part 3 of a quest called The Duel. Starts at Obliva, on the Ruins on the Sandbank warp point with a Wrothian named Gi Zang.

The one in North Silent Sandsea is called
"Special Delivery"
, dunno how it starts but you should be able to look it up somewhere

The one in Divine Roost is called
A Fateful Choice, it starts near the cathedral and you might need to do parts of The Duel first I think, could be wrong about that.

The one above Emerian Battlegounds (NE of site 503?) is called
"The Bodyguard"

Much appreciated!

Fishlake

Well the weapon was indeed in my inventory today and was really easy to find so I went back to questing. I swear it was not there yesterday.

I found a great location to train my low leveled allies up near the giant red flower in Noctilum. Level 60 alligators fall to my level 50 Skell in 1/2 hits so my team gets 9999 exp while I get around 1.5k.

I should get around to chapter 12 one of these days but I'm enjoying the world too much right now.

Renewed

Much appreciated!

Going to fill in the other ones.

Primordia - Talon Rock Second Terrance is
The Lurker, started at Manon ship. Wrothian should be there and you need to progress The Duel by quite a bit (I'd say part 3 or 4?)

Sylvalum - One hex NE of South Ciel Sandea is
Hair Apparent. To start it, find the lone Potarnus south of Zu Pharg along the path and kill it. Then go to Cleansing Spring where the Nopon camp is during daytime, around noon would be fine I think.

Cauldros - Ruined City of O'rrh Sim is
The Duel Part 4. This actually starts at the hex NW of Titan's Table in the southwest. He'll be standing high up looking over the lava so try to go slow and scan the area. I can't remember the exact spot but if you narrow it to that area you should find him.

does overdrive boost your resistances?

Overdrive boost the overall resistances.

A bit of info:
There's a threshold for the "unblockable" attack (It's in between 130-150). If you can stack your resistance to 150+ (which is overkill), reflect arts would totally make the "unblockable" attack feels like a nothing (you still can get some chip damage at 130+).

Top Bottom