• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Going to fill in the other ones.

Primordia - Talon Rock Second Terrance is
The Lurker, started at Manon ship. Wrothian should be there and you need to progress The Duel by quite a bit (I'd say part 3 or 4?)

Sylvalum - One hex NE of South Ciel Sandea is
Hair Apparent. To start it, find the lone Potarnus south of Zu Pharg along the path and kill it. Then go to Cleansing Spring where the Nopon camp is during daytime, around noon would be fine I think.

Cauldros - Ruined City of O'rrh Sim is
The Duel Part 4. This actually starts at the hex NW of Titan's Table in the southwest. He'll be standing high up looking over the lava so try to go slow and scan the area. I can't remember the exact spot but if you narrow it to that area you should find him.

Just got back and saw your post. Thanks for the tips. :)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Which affinity mission is actually missable for
Lao
? About to do Mission 9 and want to make sure I got them all.

All are required for story progression. His Heart to Heart convo's are missable. But don't count towards survey completion.

Branson

They are never going to patch this game any further are they? There a few small things it seems like a small patch could fix.

Malus

GOD DAMNIT I CAN'T BELIEVE (normal quest spoilers)
THEY GOT ME WITH THE DISGUISE TRICK AFTER ALL THIS TIME. WOLFEN NOOOOOOOOOO

eaise

Neo Member
Overdrive boost the overall resistances.

A bit of info:
There's a threshold for the "unblockable" attack (It's in between 130-150). If you can stack your resistance to 150+ (which is overkill), reflect arts would totally make the "unblockable" attack feels like a nothing (you still can get some chip damage at 130+).

I'll aim for 130 resistance and just know I'll heal with overdrive active. Then got to get accuracy. Guess I'm gonna have to farm for armor since augs won't be enough since I have to have slots for reflects

WarAdept

Running around holding off doing Chapter 7. Man some of these sidequests got dark.

• The Water Plant research team aka ALIEN THE MOVIE
  • Woman making up a religion to poison and make money off the Ma-Non
  • Murderess being a straight bitch and nearly killing me for the sake of money (seriously why is she alive)
  • 3 Con artists and the White Gold
  • Lots of BLADE members basically super corrupt and want to stab me

On the plus side, I've bought every single level 30 Skell now :D. I'd like to do Chapter 7 but the game seems to throw even more sidequests at me every time I complete some! Damn my OCD.

On the plus side, I've bought every single level 30 Skell now :D. I'd like to do Chapter 7 but the game seems to throw even more sidequests at me every time I complete some! Damn my OCD.
The difficulty spikes heavily during the last three or so chapters (especially compared to how much easier Level 30 Skells make the game) so you really wouldn't want to rush anyway unless you are willing to have a challenge.

Malus

Jeez, you make like triple the reward tickets farming Yggralith v Telethia. Maybe the grind won't be so bad, Especially once I put a few ultrafauna slayer and weapon speed on.

Golnei

The difficulty spikes heavily during the last three or so chapters (especially compared to how much easier Level 30 Skells make the game) so you really wouldn't want to rush anyway unless you are willing to have a challenge.

Still, they might want to do Chapter 7 on foot; seeing as how having more than one Skell is enough to break it. And any difficulty spike could probably be argued to start from Chapter 9 instead of 10 - at least as many people complain about
the Wrothians
as
Zu Pharg.

Still, they might want to do Chapter 7 on foot; seeing as how having more than one Skell is enough to break it. And any difficulty spike could probably be argued to start from Chapter 9 instead of 10 - at least as many people complain about
the Wrothians
as
Zu Pharg.
EDIT: Oh, I counted wrong, I meant to include Chapter 9 in my estimate.

Feltrol

Banned
Finished the game a few hours ago. Fantastic game, I must say. Of course, it has its flaws - but it's been a long time since I had a lot of fun with a videogame like this.

I will just wait for the sequel.
Please let there be one...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As far as I can tell the only difference between heavy and light armor is that heavy armor has more physical defense at the cost of making your gravity resist really crappy. Unless I'm mistaken only augments will affect Evasion.

Yeah and light armor has so many slots for augments like that.

I've hardly ever used the online component because my Wii U constantly disconnects from my wi-fi network (probably because of the distance). How much am I missing out? I really want to try the global nemesis, but I kinda suck at the game, and I have no tickets or whatever is required. Currently stuck on Chapter 10 at Level 41. That boss is just really not fun with the wacky camera angles.

Neiteio

I keep taking screenshots of Luxaar. It's like a sickness — I can't stop. Most hilariously awesome (or awesomely hilarious?) character design ever. I took a close-up of his face that can be the new wat.jpg.

I just like the variety of villains in general. This feels like Power Rangers or something.

I've hardly ever used the online component because my Wii U constantly disconnects from my wi-fi network (probably because of the distance). How much am I missing out? I really want to try the global nemesis, but I kinda suck at the game, and I have no tickets or whatever is required. Currently stuck on Chapter 10 at Level 41. That boss is just really not fun with the wacky camera angles.

I don't think it matters that much until postgame, where getting everything without online will become a pain.

I kinda miss on-foot battles. They were more fun.

Ground builds are definitely viable even against the strongest enemies in the game, Overdrive is basically how you fight things without a Skell.

Sometimes you'll need a Skell though, particuarly for flying enemies and they're very helpful during the main story chapters.

Ground builds are definitely viable even against the strongest enemies in the game, Overdrive is basically how you fight things without a Skell.

Sometimes you'll need a Skell though, particuarly for flying enemies and they're very helpful during the main story chapters.

Currently I just can't feel it. The difference between skells and without is massive! I see no reason, unless forced, to go on foot. It could change when I progress more in the game, so I don't know

Steejee

Finished final Story chapter of the game. That ended up being quite a (fun) challenge with my part at 50 and three of my four skells at 30. The save setup for the final run is really bad though, so be warned - there's a point of no return where losing a skell means you don't get it back for retries, which was really annoying. Ended up winning the final fight with just my level 50 skell and then the rest of the crew on foot.

Time to start maxing everyone out...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western Volkampf tracker: 283,949 as of January 14th, 2016 - 14:11 GMT

ultron87

Finally grinding a bunch of sidequests. Geez, such hard swings in this game between funny hijinx sidequests and fucked up sidequests.

It's like (chapter 6-ish sidequest spoilers)

Give this alien frozen pizza and he gives you technology! Ha HA! Oh, you got some aliens to follow the super duper space racist who then started executing them. Oops. Get the aliens measurements for fashionable underwear! Teehee. Oops, someone was trying to poison all the aliens to get them to believe in religion.

It is kind of great.

Apologies for the dumb questions

1.) Are your party members restricted to using the arts they have equipped or is that only if you're controlling them?

2.) Is there a way to check what art a piece of skell gear will have before buying it?

3.) Is money plentiful post game? (Up to chapter 11 and debating whether to buy 3 level 50 skell or save up for post game).

JCX

Finished Chapter 12 today. Overall, enjoyed XCX much more than Xenoblade. While XBC had a meatier story, it was very linear, and because its sidequests were abysmal, I just stuck to the story. I was surprised by how meaty some of the affinity/side missions are. Really big chunks of the game can be missed without them, but I love the choice. Some characters I don't like, so I skipped them. Others I liked, so I went as far down their stories as I could.

Others have said this, but XCX feels very slice-of-life. The hero isn't some grand foretold hero of legend. He or she she is just a BLADE, trying to survive day by day.

boxter432

Apologies for the dumb questions

1.) Are your party members restricted to using the arts they have equipped or is that only if you're controlling them?

2.) Is there a way to check what art a piece of skell gear will have before buying it?

3.) Is money plentiful post game? (Up to chapter 11 and debating whether to buy 3 level 50 skell or save up for post game).

1) of course. but you can change/upgrade their arts in the arts menu
2) yes, click the R button to show the art
3) yes, if you set up decent research probes. mine isn't great but I get $160k every rotation. plenty of missions give you decent money too. can strip and sell old Skells as well.

1) of course. but you can change/upgrade their arts in the arts menu
2) yes, click the R button to show the art
3) yes, if you set up decent research probes. mine isn't great but I get $160k every rotation. plenty of missions give you decent money too. can strip and sell old Skells as well.

Thanks mate! Appreciate it.

Palmer_v1

Couple questions now that i'm Post-game:

Is there a way to tell if a Basic quest is a repeat?

What's the best method to Completing each Hex for exploration?

I'm missing a lot of probes I see listed in people's setups. Is there a list of where to find all of them?

boxter432

Thanks mate! Appreciate it.

and also remember, during battle, you can command the whole team or individuals by clicking + and choosing a command (like use melee or use range attacks) saying Keep tension up kind of prevents them from using arts that consume TP but will make them build tension so if you die they might have enough to revive you.

Malus

for that fight you only have to take 5% of its HP, idk maybe you can just burst down that 500k or so HP real quick and save yourself the grinding for now :p

I asked around on gamefaqs and they said you need to kill it. Are you thinking about L's affinity mission?

Lowered the difficutly for the chapter 9 boss. Glad I did, I never would have beaten it. 60 hours in, I barely understand the combat. The d-pad and movement analog stick being on the same side is bothering me a lot, it worked better with the wiimote and nunchuk on the first one. I'm just looking at the bottom of the screen most of the time now. I really just wanted to get my flight module anyway. Would rather explore than deal with the combat.

Steejee

Yeah the D-Pad to switch arts thing was one of the only complaints I had about combat. It's logical, but in the heat of battle trying to switch arts while moving practically requires a third hand.

Thankfully it never really caused an actual problem or caused me to die, just the occasional missed soul voice.

Couple questions now that i'm Post-game:

Is there a way to tell if a Basic quest is a repeat?

What's the best method to Completing each Hex for exploration?

I'm missing a lot of probes I see listed in people's setups. Is there a list of where to find all of them?

- Pretty sure there aren't repeats to basic quests. According to various guides there are a finite amount of them.

- Not sure myself. I figure it's either something you do as you go while questing or you'll need to research how to track each quest down. Tyrants and treasures are usually easy to find by just exploring though.

- https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...rch_probesstorageduplicator_probes_in_all_my/
Those list treasure locations. I would search the excel doc for quests that will reward probes as well. That said, as long as you can finish Tobias' quests and get 100k storage, probes aren't that important anymore beyond that.

Capra

Holy shit, this final boss is complete bullshit.

A William Birkin ripoff who randomly shuts my skells off with barely any indication, who comes at the end of an entire gauntlet of difficult fights. I even brought in a level 50 skell and thought I was overdoing it, but I don't even get the luxury of using it. It wouldn't even be so hard if it wasn't for the Chimera Queen he summons, who just ends up aggroing my main character and ignoring everyone else until I'm dead. And no matter how many times I tell people to build TP so they can revive me later on, they end up wasting it almost instantly.

I'm not going to cave and lower the difficulty now, but... I actually think I might have to grind more. Which means undoing nearly 4 hours of progress...

Steejee

Holy shit, this final boss is complete bullshit.

A William Birkin ripoff who randomly shuts my skells off with barely any indication, who comes at the end of an entire gauntlet of difficult fights. I even brought in a level 50 skell and thought I was overdoing it, but I don't even get the luxury of using it. It wouldn't even be so hard if it wasn't for the Chimera Queen he summons, who just ends up aggroing my main character and ignoring everyone else until I'm dead. And no matter how many times I tell people to build TP so they can revive me later on, they end up wasting it almost instantly.

I'm not going to cave and lower the difficulty now, but... I actually think I might have to grind more. Which means undoing nearly 4 hours of progress...

I died once, but won the second time, this was how I pulled it off:

(Minor final boss battle spoilers)
After my first death to final-final boss I was down to my Level 50 skell only. I had Celica, who mostly had a support setup but tended to die.

My method was to lead with a G-Buster, and hop out immediately (knowing I'd lose my fuel soon anyways) and fight the boss on foot. Fuel would eventually start recovering, and at around 50% health boss summoned one Chimera Queen. I immediately directed everyone to attack it, ran over to my skell, hoped in, and got off one G-Buster on the Chimera, then got out an finished it on foot.

Once it was dead I went back to the boss and a second Chimera never got summoned. Basically fought him on foot the rest of the way but would jump in the Skell for a single G-Buster when I had enough fuel.

I'm not sure why only one Chimera got summoned, but I had targeted the boss' right arm at the very beginning and destroyed the arm not long after killing the Chimera.

Party was all level 50 during the battle. Had to do one or two revives but not much.

I almost considered going back to my last save, but managed to pull it out thankfully.

Top Bottom