• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

JCX

Holy shit, this final boss is complete bullshit.

A William Birkin ripoff who randomly shuts my skells off with barely any indication, who comes at the end of an entire gauntlet of difficult fights. I even brought in a level 50 skell and thought I was overdoing it, but I don't even get the luxury of using it. It wouldn't even be so hard if it wasn't for the Chimera Queen he summons, who just ends up aggroing my main character and ignoring everyone else until I'm dead. And no matter how many times I tell people to build TP so they can revive me later on, they end up wasting it almost instantly.

I'm not going to cave and lower the difficulty now, but... I actually think I might have to grind more. Which means undoing nearly 4 hours of progress...

I only got stuck on
Vita
. To beat it I just scouted a higher level character for the fourth member and that made everything after
Vita
pretty easy.

Would the Ares70 be a good choice for somebody that needs to upgrade from a Level 50 Skell but would rather break the game with a ground build?

I just don't like those 60s the heavy ones are just fat they look like NHL goalies
Hey. The Heavies are the only Skells I think look great. The rest are too angular for my tastes.

one of the reasons I hate heavies is because my party members seem to troll my camera with them
I have all heavy 50s tired of them now also damn those 60s are not easy to get

Would the Ares70 be a good choice for somebody that needs to upgrade from a Level 50 Skell but would rather break the game

with a ground build?

Hey. The Heavies are the only Skells I think look great. The rest are too angular for my tastes.

I already have a 70 was just trying to get some feedback from others about them

it seems to kill something with one shot just like the 90 but just not as strong

I am trying to beat some guys you can't really face on foot

I have the volcano smoke dragon to 100% cauldros left can fight that guy on foot

still trying to find a good way to break the game on foot but missing a guide for the builds or still can't defeat those I need to farm augments from

JCX

Question about a location in Cauldros

During Chapter 12 I found a cave in Cauldros called Ganglion something. It had a barrier (similar in look to the barriers in online missions). Was the barrier because of the story, or do I have to do something else to break the barrier?

Renewed

Question about a location in Cauldros

During Chapter 12 I found a cave in Cauldros called Ganglion something. It had a barrier (similar in look to the barriers in online missions). Was the barrier because of the story, or do I have to do something else to break the barrier?

For that you have to do a normal mission
Definian Downfall, which can be started after wrapping up those Alex vs. Xenos quests, the Biahno Water Plant quests, the cathedral lady (Fraisie) quests and I believe the Professor quests.

I feel if you just go out of your way to accept every mission available and just do them between chapters, you'll be pretty close to getting in there.

JCX

For that you have to do a normal mission
Definian Downfall, which can be started after wrapping up those Alex vs. Xenos quests, the Biahno Water Plant quests, the cathedral lady (Fraisie) quests and I believe the Professor quests.

I feel if you just go out of your way to accept every mission available and just do them between chapters, you'll be pretty close to getting in there.

Thanks! I did most of those already, so I should be able to enter fairly soon. I assumed it was just gated due to being in Chapter 12 at the time.

Renewed

Thanks! I did most of those already, so I should be able to enter fairly soon. I assumed it was just gated due to being in Chapter 12 at the time.

Yeah I believe it would be gated since quests show up after story progression. Probably chapter 11 or 12.

Okay, so I just completed Chapter 4. I'm slowly but surely learning all the ins and outs of combat and such and I just have a couple questions.

How do weapon, soul, and other Augments work? I see that you use various materials to make what are essentially the Gems from the first Xenoblade, but I see nothing regarding how to equip them.

Are there any good tips or maybe a guide as to the pros and cons of different armor? Weapons I can see are pretty straight forward, but all the different effects of armor are a bit daunting.

Is there some kind of GAF online group I can join? I'm in Pathfinders right now, and when I boot up the game I get the notice about which Squad I can join, the one focusing on Single Player, the one for Multiplayer, and the one with Friends. I've tried the first two and don't really notice a difference. I have no quests to do, and the one I tried joining was that large Dragon Boss that's nowhere near close to being fightable. And I have no idea how those Squad tasks that show in the bottom right are supposed to work. Or is it still just way too early for me and doing any of that stuff?

Ah sweet speedrun dotcom finally has a page for Xenoblade X. Looks like the first run is 12 hours.

I do wonder why the run doesn't just use Irina for the Brainjack+Servant Sacrifice combo to avoid grinding all the way to Mastermind 3

anyway, I wonder...what's the maximum BP you can get without using any online features?

I do wonder why the run doesn't just use Irina for the Brainjack+Servant Sacrifice combo to avoid grinding all the way to Mastermind 3
That is a good question. I don't really expect a first speedrun to have a great route anyway, so maybe that is something that can be improved.

anyway, I wonder...what's the maximum BP you can get without using any online features?
Are support quests inaccessible offline?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Quick poll: What level were people going into Chapter 12?

I feel like I have a long way to go to hit 60 (currently almost 52), but I have Chapter 12 available now. Should I just get it done with and move onto the postgame? Been delaying the story mission while I do all sorts of Normal missions, but those seem to be drying up now.

Golnei

I feel like I have a long way to go to hit 60 (currently almost 52), but I have Chapter 12 available now. Should I just get it done with and move onto the postgame? Been delaying the story mission while I do all sorts of Normal missions, but those seem to be drying up now.

If you have more than one Level 50 Skell, it shouldn't be a problem at all. I was around 56; and the
forced ground portion
was made fairly easy by that as well. I think 52 should be fine - it's still doable in the 40s with Level 30 Skells as well, after all.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I had just hit 50. I had forgotten to optimize my ground spec for damage going in, it had been set up for survival, so that made part of the fight pretty annoying as I could have bursted it down in seconds had my spec been done right.

Zareka

I'm rocking an Urban with some evade gems and shit, crap dies fast, but most people tend to prefer the heavies since they can take hits better.
Heh, I've been running around with Formula for my level 30 Skell and dealing with random instagibs and spotty evasion has been kind of a pain. I'll probably lean towards a heavy myself in that case, if they can output good damage too that is. I can't deal with the Dunban-esque HP drops. :p

The Mastema seems better rounded (according to the melee/ranged stats anyway) but...the Amdusias has cool horns. Hmmm.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Heh, I've been running around with Formula for my level 30 Skell and dealing with random instagibs and spotty evasion has been kind of a pain. I'll probably lean towards a heavy myself in that case, if they can output good damage too that is. I can't deal with the Dunban-esque HP drops. :p

The Mastema seems better rounded (according to the melee/ranged stats anyway) but...the Amdusias has cool horns. Hmmm.

I should note I gave Elma a medium and Lin a heavy and loaded them up with taunt abilities.

eaise

Neo Member
I have the volcano smoke dragon to 100% cauldros left can fight that guy on foot

still trying to find a good way to break the game on foot but missing a guide for the builds or still can't defeat those I need to farm augments from

You mean
Vortice
? The one that only appears during brimstone

You can fight him on foot just have to lure him with skell first. It's tricky but doable. I've killed him three times on foot (still no holofigure from him :/ )

I recommend a reflect build to face him (it's so OP it's not even funny)

Zareka

I should note I gave Elma a medium and Lin a heavy and loaded them up with taunt abilities.
I've had Lin doing that so far but I figured they wouldn't be able to keep up in level 30 skells. I guess that's an option though, thanks.

Edit: Good lord I just realised a heavy will sap almost all of my money. Light model it is.

The Ares-70 is useless. It has all the same problems as the Ares-90 and isn't nearly as powerful to make it worthwhile over either the Ares-90 or just getting a Frame-60 which isn't that much more work than an Ares-70.

But is it good for somebody that wants to upgrade from a 50 and is going to focus on ground builds anyway? Nobody ever really answered that.

eaise

Neo Member
But is it good for somebody that wants to upgrade from a 50 and is going to focus on ground builds anyway? Nobody ever really answered that.

The small amount of extra work to get a 90 instead of 70 is worth it. You'll be able to farm basically everything to get the augs you need for your ground build. With a 70 you'll have more of a problem
Personally I say skip the 70 and go straight to 90

Gambit

Just beat chapter 10. That was quite a fight!

I only have two Lvl 30 Skells and the Beginner's one. My main character is now Level 50 but turns out I cannot afford a 50 Skell! None!

My problem is I have so few research probes, it's really irritating. Any way to make sure I get more?

Hope for luck with treasure chests?

After 191 hours playing, I just 100%ed the game. So rewarding!

wiiu_screenshot_gamepw1qzq.jpg

That Telethia battle was intense. The real final boss the game deserves.

Jims

Holy shit, this final boss is complete bullshit.

A William Birkin ripoff who randomly shuts my skells off with barely any indication, who comes at the end of an entire gauntlet of difficult fights. I even brought in a level 50 skell and thought I was overdoing it, but I don't even get the luxury of using it. It wouldn't even be so hard if it wasn't for the Chimera Queen he summons, who just ends up aggroing my main character and ignoring everyone else until I'm dead. And no matter how many times I tell people to build TP so they can revive me later on, they end up wasting it almost instantly.

I'm not going to cave and lower the difficulty now, but... I actually think I might have to grind more. Which means undoing nearly 4 hours of progress...

I just went through this three days ago (and made a very bitter/angry post about it). But I agree. The final boss of this game has some problems.

I was at Level 52 when I finished it. My main stumbling block with it was that Lao basically nukes the party for about 4000 HP when he gets to 1/8th his health. If the Queen Chimera is still around at that point, it gets too difficult to survive in those last 30 seconds when you're trying to finish him off.

My initial strategy was to get rid of the Queen Chimera the moment it appears at 1/2 health, but it was dragging out the fight too long and I wasn't surviving. Then I tried ignoring it and focusing on Lao. But that created a vicious cycle of Lao nuking the party at 1/8, and then the Chimeras repeatedly Staggering me or piling up damage at the very end (even when trying to overdrive, very frustrating). In the end, I did circle back around to taking out the chimeras when they appear and just kind of deal with Lao's incremental damage. Hitting those Soul Voice QTEs become really really important when you're biding time against the Queen Chimera section. Once you get rid of it, the minor chimeras are a breeze, and Lao's nuke (when it comes later) is much easier to survive. You just can't let him nuke when the Queen Chimera is still around.

Good luck! It's a tough final battle!

You mean
Vortice
? The one that only appears during brimstone

You can fight him on foot just have to lure him with skell first. It's tricky but doable. I've killed him three times on foot (still no holofigure from him :/ )

I recommend a reflect build to face him (it's so OP it's not even funny)

can you tell me how to make a reflect build?

sounds cool if it can beat that pain in the ass on foot I need revenge

The Ares-70 is useless. It has all the same problems as the Ares-90 and isn't nearly as powerful to make it worthwhile over either the Ares-90 or just getting a Frame-60 which isn't that much more work than an Ares-70.

I'll try to make a heavy 60 and a 90

I'll keep the 70 I have if I upgrade the augs it should still be decent

I think I'm gonna make an Ares 70 anyway, because I feel like nobody has really been able to describe how good it actually is (just that they find it easier to just skip to the 90), and I'm not really looking to fight high level tyrants and stuff with it anyway and I can always pass it down to an AI party member later.

Capra

Good luck! It's a tough final battle!

Thanks. I spent a few hours completing sidequests and reworking my research probe layout to afford a lv 50 Inferno for Elma. I think with two lv 50 skells, some better weapons, and a couple more levels under my belt I should be able to do it.

Welp, here goes nothing!

-Horizon-

Chapter 11 done

And oh my god this game and its stupid connection lost is so dumb. Stops the whole game and requires the gamepad to dismiss the message. Can't even use the pro controller.

Anyway, the chapter itself was ok, just short. Haha there were like 4-5 tyrants all in one of the map area. I know you can sneak past them but lol I'm high leveled enough to just say screw it, fight me.

Also I couldn't take any scene seriously because all I saw was Elma's booty...yes I put her in a swimsuit >///<

One more chapter to go.

eaise

Neo Member
can you tell me how to make a reflect build?

sounds cool if it can beat that pain in the ass on foot I need revenge

So first you need to use a shield, javelin, or photon saber. All of these have an art that reflects an element (i use photon saber the art is called astrolibrium, the javelin art is called raijin, idk about shield)
Next you must collect armor augments that are called reflect:beam/ether/etc when you use your art these augs allow you to reflect those attributes as well. If you stay in overdrive you'll be able to activate your reflect art again before it runs out.

That is the basic setup for a reflect build. I use gain tp per art to allow me to stay in overdrive indefinitely. Anything else you want is up to you

For vortice you need reflect electric, thermal, and physical. Might possibly be another but I think that's it
If you have any questions about the build (or anything else) feel free to ask

Zareka

Playing Chapter 12 and I can't take any of this seriously a long as
they keep calling that alien mech trump card "The Vita"

Top Bottom