• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

I'm at level 50 with 98 hours played and just about to start chapter 12, and after all this time I've only just now realized that the cash rewards from Normal Missions clue you in to their difficulty (the character level for which the enemies are tuned). Just divide by 1000. Handy for levelling up full parties of characters still in their 20s when you are pushing affinity levels late in the game.

Diablos54

I'm at level 50 with 98 hours played and just about to start chapter 12, and after all this time I've only just now realized that the cash rewards from Normal Missions clue you in to their difficulty (the character level for which the enemies are tuned). Just divide by 1000. Handy for levelling up full parties of characters still in their 20s when you are pushing affinity levels late in the game.
Im at pretty much the same point as you, just wth 97 hours, and I wish I had known that a good 20 hours or so ago!

Still blows my mind that after so long I'm still finding out new things about this game, still discovering new areas and stuff, amazing.

really? what build breaks the game with a Masterma60?

The reaper

sOpt9Sd.jpg

Is there a light skell that can do that?

I've seen a picture of Urban with the Antimatter and was a told that was good but wasn't sure if it's as OP as the reaper

Depend on the weapon but when you want maximum damage in one go, I don't think light or medium could outclass the heavy.
And when you think heavy skell lack of agility, try to use Amdusias60 with Verus60 armor and melee super weapon like detonator, it would break tyrant face like king dedede smashing a cake lol

eaise

Neo Member
Depend on the weapon but when you want maximum damage in one go, I don't think light or medium could outclass the heavy.
And when you think heavy skell lack of agility, try to use Amdusias60 with Verus60 armor and melee super weapon like detonator, it would break tyrant face like king dedede smashing a cake lol

Guess I'll just make an Amdusias60 with the Zeneith Cannon then (that's the best super weapon right?)

Haha king dedede is awesome!

Xeno over 200k first month in US no digital according to cream! So it is divided byou region..

I doubt it. The slayed tyrant number is 280k as of today. In Japan, the actual sales were like 20% higher than the tyrant #s. So it would be fair to say the sales in the West are close to 330k-340k.

200k + 20-25k digital (10% digital rate?) + 20k aditional sales during January (considering JRPGs are not normally super leggy games) = 240-245k in the US.

I am not so sure about Euro sales, though. Werent the Europe sales dismayal outside France? Would it be fair to say it sold 100k there?

I would scream of joy if the 280k figure represents only the US, of course.

I doubt it. The slayed tyrant number is 280k as of today. In Japan, the actual sales were like 20% higher than the tyrant #s. So it would be fair to say the sales in the West are close to 330k-340k.

200k + 20-25k digital (10% digital rate?) + 20k aditional sales during January (considering JRPGs are not normally super leggy games) = 240-245k in the US.

I am not so sure about Euro sales, though. Werent the Europe sales dismayal outside France? Would it be fair to say it sold 100k there?

I would scream of joy if the 280k figure represents only the US, of course.

ok, this is where I point out that until sales (and kills) stabilize, the ratio will notably lower

because while I'm still fairly sure it's one common number, that doesn't mean the same 83-84% applies, at least not now (also given NA internet it could just never get there)

lionpants

What are you supposed to do if you basically need a skell for a battle but you cant afford to repair it?
Chapter 10

Ended up just resetting to before the mission started. Moments like this make me hate this game. Which such because overall I really like it.

Capra

Aaaaand... Finally did it. Chapter 12 complete!

Leveling up some and getting that second level 50 skell definitely helped, although I still think
Lao Birkin
was a really poorly done final boss, both mechanically and thematically.

So, uh... That ending. Yeah, we really need this game to do well enough to warrant a sequel.

Dineren

Banned
What are you supposed to do if you basically need a skell for a battle but you cant afford to repair it?
Chapter 10

Ended up just resetting to before the mission started. Moments like this make me hate this game. Which such because overall I really like it.

If you run out of insurance and don't want to save/reload your best bet is just to sell the skell and buy a new one.

Also, work on getting that qte. It is slower than the others and you should usually have plenty of time to anticipate it if you're paying attention to your health. If you absolutely can't get it, just exit the skell before it blows up.

Zareka

Where's the weak point on a Millesaur? Level 50 Skell is doing jack to a level 51-2. Thought I'd be able to stand a chance at this point.

rhandino

Banned
Those elephant things in Sylvalum scare me a lot... I was fighting one of them for lulz and I think that his face
fall off and there was a crystal or something and next thing I know my skell was wrecked and I died...

eaise

Neo Member
Where's the weak point on a Millesaur? Level 50 Skell is doing jack to a level 51-2. Thought I'd be able to stand a chance at this point.

I'm not certain but I recall doing more damage when hitting the neck
and the head hidden underneath (probably not a spoiler to anyone but just to be sure)

Zareka

I'm not certain but I recall doing more damage when hitting the neck
and the head hidden underneath (probably not a spoiler to anyone but just to be sure)
Yup, that did a fair bit of damage. Problem that time was I went at it mostly one on one after it's tail swipe nuked my party in 2 hits.

I hope I can just approach this differently. I got this quest at level freakin 30 or something. The quest handouts can't be that terrible.
...without exploiting the game, of course. :p

eaise

Neo Member
Yup, that did a fair bit of damage. Problem that time was I went at it mostly one on one after it's tail swipe nuked my party in 2 hits.

I hope I can just approach this differently. I got this quest at level freakin 30 or something. The quest handouts can't be that terrible.

...without exploiting the game, of course. :p

The real exploit is reflect build and/or ghostwalker haha

I can't remember if I killed one of them before getting
my Ares 90
I'm sure it's possible to do with just level 50 skells but definitely won't be easy

Zareka

The real exploit is reflect build and/or ghostwalker haha

I can't remember if I killed one of them before getting
my Ares 90
I'm sure it's possible to do with just level 50 skells but definitely won't be easy
Bah, that's what I was afraid of. Why you gotta hide the hoodies behind these big ass mobs MonSoft. I fight for FASHION. :(

Guess I'll come back to them once I at least have a couple more 50 Skells. Not having much luck against the 60ish Tyrant quests either.

jonjonaug

Guess I'll just make an Amdusias60 with the Zeneith Cannon then (that's the best super weapon right?)

Haha king dedede is awesome!

Keep in mind that all of that is one of the most time consuming combos when it comes to skell + super weapon. You also need loads and loads of extra augments to hit the damage limit. The real advantage of the level 60 customizable skells is that you have four extra weapons for a total of 12 extra augment slots.

It's an insane build that will one shot almost anything in the game other than the Telethia, but you'll be grinding for a very long time. It's way easier to just boost an Ares 90's evade up to 550-600 or so and attach anti-attribute augments to the armor for particularly hard fights (Telethia, Pharsis, maybe one or two others).

Omzz

Guys, I can't get Mia is Missing to appear

Am i screwed if
I killed the fortun?I'm sure regardless of my choices I've completed the quest chain and surveyed enough of Cauldros. The red barrier is still blocking the path, also did the press A near it. Not sure what to do even after researching so much online

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Guys, I can't get Mia is Missing to appear

Am i screwed if
I killed the fortun?I'm sure regardless of my choices I've completed the quest chain and surveyed enough of Cauldros. Not sure what to do even after researching so much online
Save, reload?

Omzz

Nvrm I think i figured it out lol. I was looking for the red question marks this whole time until I couldn't find any

turns out I had to speak to suriella by the barracks and then lara nara? Wtf. Never ended up doing the biano hills mission :S

I'm in progress of making a super lazy build which utilizing spike and topple. Gonna be fun when my char just stand nicely and watching the enemy die slowly without any strike lol

I'm in progress of making a super lazy build which utilizing spike and topple. Gonna be fun when my char just stand nicely and watching the enemy die slowly without any strike lol

lol, you would probably enjoy killing small enemies by running into them in a skell until they die :p

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Chapter 12 finally.

HOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY SHIT that ending. MEGA SPOILERS BELOW

FUCKING LAO IS BACK? WHAT THE SHIT? Elma is an alien? The Ganglion are robots made by ancient alien human precursors? This entire chapter was just Xenogears Disc 2 again. The massive infodump at the end wasn't really needed. Some of these reveals could have been done in earlier chapters to make the build up to the end really dramatic. They could have had some of the ethical debate in character rather than before the game takes place. So many missed opportunities. I still love this game, but man. COME ON.

I would love for them to make a sequel, but I just don't see Monolithsoft going back to the well again. Have they ever made a sequel to anything other than Xenosaga? I'd absolutely love a sequel, but I seriously doubt it. ULTIMATE SAD FACE.

Pokemaniac

Finished Chapter 12 finally.

HOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY SHIT that ending. MEGA SPOILERS BELOW

FUCKING LAO IS BACK? WHAT THE SHIT? Elma is an alien? The Ganglion are robots made by ancient alien human precursors? This entire chapter was just Xenogears Disc 2 again. The massive infodump at the end wasn't really needed. Some of these reveals could have been done in earlier chapters to make the build up to the end really dramatic. They could have had some of the ethical debate in character rather than before the game takes place. So many missed opportunities. I still love this game, but man. COME ON.

I would love for them to make a sequel, but I just don't see Monolithsoft going back to the well again. Have they ever made a sequel to anything other than Xenosaga? I'd absolutely love a sequel, but I seriously doubt it. ULTIMATE SAD FACE.

They actually had a whole 6 game plot line planned out for Xenogears.

Malus

First time ever doing the whole "hold the joystick in position with a rubberband" thing lol. Could use a few more bonjeliums.

Keep in mind that all of that is one of the most time consuming combos when it comes to skell + super weapon. You also need loads and loads of extra augments to hit the damage limit. The real advantage of the level 60 customizable skells is that you have four extra weapons for a total of 12 extra augment slots.

It's an insane build that will one shot almost anything in the game other than the Telethia, but you'll be grinding for a very long time. It's way easier to just boost an Ares 90's evade up to 550-600 or so and attach anti-attribute augments to the armor for particularly hard fights (Telethia, Pharsis, maybe one or two others).

I'm still at 450 evasion after building 5 evasion drive XXs and an evasion XVI on ground gear.. Will adding 1 evasion to the skell armor and 1 to the frame do the trick?

They actually had a whole 6 game plot line planned out for Xenogears.

It actually doesn't bother me at all that the ending is what it is. Fits in with the whole mystery of Mira and all that. Only thing I dislike is the same stuff I dislike about all of the main story, which is that the cutscene budget was stretched super thin and there's too much static talking back and forth between dramatic sequences.

So first you need to use a shield, javelin, or photon saber. All of these have an art that reflects an element (i use photon saber the art is called astrolibrium, the javelin art is called raijin, idk about shield)
Next you must collect armor augments that are called reflect:beam/ether/etc when you use your art these augs allow you to reflect those attributes as well. If you stay in overdrive you'll be able to activate your reflect art again before it runs out.

That is the basic setup for a reflect build. I use gain tp per art to allow me to stay in overdrive indefinitely. Anything else you want is up to you

For vortice you need reflect electric, thermal, and physical. Might possibly be another but I think that's it
If you have any questions about the build (or anything else) feel free to ask

cool thanks I'll try to see if I can work on this today

do you know how many reflect XX of each is needed is 1 per type enough?

eaise

Neo Member

Maybe I'll just do that. Wasn't looking forward to farming all those ultrafauna XX augs

cool thanks I'll try to see if I can work on this today

do you know how many reflect XX of each is needed is 1 per type enough?

No problem. Glad to help.

There is no XX for reflect. Just "reflect:(insert attribute)"
But yes one is enough for each attribute

Maybe I'll just do that. Wasn't looking forward to farming all those ultrafauna XX augs

No problem. Glad to help.

There is no XX for reflect. Just "reflect:(insert attribute)"
But yes one is enough for each attribute

ouch I think I must have lost the reflect ether from a treasure
but wow I underestimated their worth if just having one of each gives you OP overclock

I see a recflect ether on a low level armor piece I'll use that

vareon

Is Rexoskell the hardest boss pre game? Should I bother trying to beat it pre game or try again post game? (Just finished chapter 11).

I gave up and defeated it post-game so probably? Though it's not that much difference if you beat it post game or not, I suppose.

Daknight

First time ever doing the whole "hold the joystick in position with a rubberband" thing lol. Could use a few more bonjeliums.

I'm still at 450 evasion after building 5 evasion drive XXs and an evasion XVI on ground gear.. Will adding 1 evasion to the skell armor and 1 to the frame do the trick?

It actually doesn't bother me at all that the ending is what it is. Fits in with the whole mystery of Mira and all that. Only thing I dislike is the same stuff I dislike about all of the main story, which is that the cutscene budget was stretched super thin and there's too much static talking back and forth between dramatic sequences.

You do know their is an 'auto-run' function right? Just pick that and the character will keep running without need to input anything (is what I do to just traverse land). Same function as using a 'rubber band'

eaise

Neo Member
ouch I think I must have lost the reflect ether from a treasure
but wow I underestimated their worth if just having one of each gives you OP overclock

I see a recflect ether on a low level armor piece I'll use that

You'll likely be able to get another. Someone else might be able to help with that

Yeah I didn't know how OP they were till just recently either haha

Daknight

Is Rexoskell the hardest boss pre game? Should I bother trying to beat it pre game or try again post game? (Just finished chapter 11).

This battle took me a few tries too. I simply built TP for everyone and went overdrive crazy on it xP Ghost walker help and having character with less TP consuming abilieties (so they could go into overdrive easier without using the TP) helped in my battle. All my characters where LV 60 too and I equipped a few arguments to heart mechanoids more.

I'm enjoying the game but I'm overwhelmed with the freedom this game offers. I often complete a quest and then think, "Okay now what do I do?" I miss the linearity of the first game. I was hoping I wouldn't be wiki'ing every quest as I did in Xenoblade but that's essentially the only way for me to enjoy the game (unless I can use follow ball to the next objective, wish every quest used it). Any tips on what I should be focusing on so I can get addicted to a gameplay loop? I really need my gameplay loop.

Branson

Hmm. I finally got my skell after chapter 6 and spent yesterday leveling from 23-30 and buying a 30 skell and for the rest of the team. Needless to say chapter 7 was pretty easy. It honestly makes me want to overlevel myself on the rest of the game.

Top Bottom