• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Just a heads up, I heard somewhere on gamefaqs you can spawn Electromagnetic Storm weather by doing the return to skell thing during 5am-7am. Tested it twice now in Oblivia and Cauldros and got EM storm within a couple tries :D

Yup, some specific weather patterns are time based

Malus

I never knew (Murder Most Foul mission spoilers)
defusing the bomb earlier in the quest saves Ackwar. I told that guy to go jump in the water LOL.

No regrets :p

chadboban

Got flight gear yesterday and just did nothing but fly around and take pics today. lol.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cgofu.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01b5rl6.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019dpai.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ttp1d.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0172pd8.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tbp2m.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01rnr8f.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01n1q7t.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01g8ptf.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015vsuu.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cxqtv.jpg

Was happy when my super lazy spike build tickled Luciel with 10k damage per second. Wish the spike could reach 50-100k and I'm golden lol

vareon

Apparently, yes. Though I can't find any images of more than just the torso at the moment...

Whoa it looks like.........shit, actually lol.

It would be very helpful to have images of the craftable wears since I'm not going to grind for hours just to find out I don't like it XD I'm sure it's available on a japanese site somewhere.

Malus

Never thought i'd 100% this game, but now it's just me and the Endbringer.

This guide helped me locate the last tyrant: https://www.joejiko.com/g/xbx/db/tyrants

Can help you figure out the species, as well as its spawn time and if it's a rare spawn or approach to spawn.

There's also another superboss somewhere but if I have to farm some obscure gem to fight it eh. Doesn't count towards completion.

cptodin

Never thought i'd 100% this game, but now it's just me and the Endbringer.

This guide helped me locate the last tyrant: https://www.joejiko.com/g/xbx/db/tyrants

Can help you figure out the species, as well as its spawn time and if it's a rare spawn or approach to spawn.

There's also another superboss somewhere but if I have to farm some obscure gem to fight it eh. Doesn't count towards completion.

These names crack me up, I love them

Favourite is "Hartmut, the Calamity"

One of the major factors for prospectors being 1 was a cheater geting 9999999 contribution a day.

Maybe he got bored
It was a little more than that:
WVW69it4e0sfGgNWip

WVW69it4iEALyPw0yJ

Their gear was all potential drive XX and all their skills were skell stat boosts so not even doing blossom dance bulid correctly :( I'm most surprised their size seems normal (with save editing you can change the breast size...though it easier to edit other party members including their height and other things you would think are fixed)

It was a little more than that:
WVW69it4e0sfGgNWip

WVW69it4iEALyPw0yJ

Their gear was all potential drive XX and all their skills were skell stat boosts so not even doing blossom dance bulid correctly :( I'm most surprised their size seems normal (with save editing you can change the breast size...though it easier to edit other party members including their height and other things you would think are fixed)
This really makes me want to Scout Zerine just to see what ARTS_ASSAULT_ARTS_14 is.

chadboban

If these had been released as official marketing stuff, everyone would've thought they were bullshots. This game.

Wow, someone saying that your screens could be mistaken as bullshots is one of the best compliments you can get. Thanks man. I don't care what anyone else says about the graphics, what Monolithsoft pulled off here is damn impressive despite the sacrifices they had to make.

vareon

Wow, someone saying that your screens could be mistaken as bullshots is one of the best compliments you can get. Thanks man. I don't care what anyone else says about the graphics, what Monolithsoft pulled off here is damn impressive despite the sacrifices they had to make.

I'm a sucker for sunset pictures and your take is really great.

This game has an amazing sunset.

Machine

All that stands between me and my skell license is collecting some kind of squash. What a time for my gamepad to need recharging.

All that stands between me and my skell license is collecting some kind of squash. What a time for my gamepad to need recharging.
Hopefully you won't have shitty luck like me where I couldn't get a single one until I reset the game. It's found by the giant lake in Oblivia if you aren't aware

Machine

Hopefully you won't have shitty luck like me where I couldn't get a single one until I reset the game. It's found by the giant lake in Oblivia if you aren't aware

Supposedly they are also found in a small cave along the south coast too. That's where I will look first.

Me and my nephew are trying to play together and as far as I can tell the only thing we seem to be able to do is these Squad Missions and the only one I see is this crazy Final Menance that is way too high level. Is that our only option or can we do normal missions together?

novenD

So, I'm currently stuck on the "Rise of the
Blood Lobster
" quest; anybody have any advice?

I have 48 lobsters out of the 99, but I can't seem to find any more. I've checked every district including the Ma-Non ship. I've also flown around down below NLA.

Me and my nephew are trying to play together and as far as I can tell the only thing we seem to be able to do is these Squad Missions and the only one I see is this crazy Final Menance that is way too high level. Is that our only option or can we do normal missions together?
Sadly non-global nemesis missions only appear when squad tasks are done and are usually too easy unless you manage to get high level ones.

Blood Lobster

I have 48 lobsters out of the 99, but I can't seem to find any more. I've checked every district including the Ma-Non ship. I've also flown around down below NLA.

The way it works is that they'll spawn the first batch, and when you get the first batch there will be a new lobster spawned which triggers the next batch. Check the commercial district if you're ready for the next batch.

novenD

The way it works is that they'll spawn the first batch, and when you get the first batch there will be a new lobster spawned which triggers the next batch. Check the commercial district if you're ready for the next batch.

Thanks. I was worried it was going to be something like this.

Grampasso

Blood Lobster

Then you actually only miss 1 lobster... 2nd half of them appear when you reach 49 I think

novenD

By the way, here's Team Elma.

1hb1ZTo.jpg

From left to right:
Elma
Elma
Short Kid who wishes she was Elma

Tatsu is food, he doesn't count

Gambit

What's the best place to grind from 30 to 50? I'm in between chapter 7 and 8 and want to be over leveled lol.

Did it at Weeping Whitewood in Noctilum with a Skell. The enemies are around Lvl 50 but Skells can beat them and you practically gain a level each time. (use Phoenix carefully as it can draw other enemies or use G-Buster as your weapon)

Can finally buy a Lvl 50 Skell now. Is the Verus worth it or should I buy a heavy?

Apparently if you master a weapon and equip it when you start leveling a new class, you can use the wrong weapon arts because it will fill your arts bar with new skills automatically as you level.

Source: My uncle from Nintendo. I have everything mastered so I can't actually try this.

EDIT: Lol, apparently the game actually does let you use incorrect arts for a little bit but will eventually realize you're not supposed to and lock you out of them.

Gvitor

Getting really frustrated with some sound decisions in this game. Just finished the BFFs affinity mission, and during the final cutscene with Vandham, a song with vocals plays out ridiculously loud. I can't judge if the song is good, if the lyrics are good, if the song fits the moment or what the hell the moment is, because I can't concentrate in the dialogue playing out in the background. It baffles me no one during development looked at scenes like that and said "hey, this is loud, turn it down a bit".

I'm mostly enjoying the tracks, but the way they're being used is ridiculous.

Malus

Getting really frustrated with some sound decisions in this game. Just finished the BFFs affinity mission, and during the final cutscene with Vandham, a song with vocals plays out ridiculously loud. I can't judge if the song is good, if the lyrics are good, if the song fits the moment or what the hell the moment is, because I can't concentrate in the dialogue playing out in the background. It baffles me no one during development looked at scenes like that and said "hey, this is loud, turn it down a bit".

I'm mostly enjoying the tracks, but the way they're being used is ridiculous.

Yeah the sound mixing and transitions are very rough, no doubt. It's kind of strange too since sometimes the music seems to be at a perfectly reasonable level and other times it seems like they wanted to make a music video.

edit: Went to go take out Go-rha the Guardian Deity, forgot to put negate ether reflect on, got one shotted for the 3rd time.

edit: DEAD

Malus

I like that they have little medals :3

I just can't get over this NLA theme, it is just hilarious.

Studies have proven that it is the best theme.

Anybody know where to farm better armor? Even wearing Control/Topple/etc resists I am pretty much helpless against Lugalbanda the Wander-King.

I just took ultra armor from the 80+ gorilla tyrant in primordia, and spammed overdrive with arts tp gain up lol.

edit: Just running around to collect my party members and there's still random dialogue updates in NLA after 260 hours.

Top Bottom